Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i think 100g of chipper chips is roughly 7 or 8pp

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

mcb81 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Would anybody have the propoints or nutritional information for the gourmet burger kitchen. We are going there after work on Thursday and would like to have my homework done. They don't have the NI on their website. If worse comes to worse i can just order one of the salads.

This is up on the ww uk site (on the boards section so put up by a member so not sure how exact it is). Apparently Gourmet Burger is listed in the Eating Out Guide.

Gormet Burger
    Starters & Sides
    Chunky GBK Fries, No Dip 12pp
    GBK Corn Chips 11pp
    Grilled Chicken Kebabs 11pp
    Home made onion rings 8pp

Burgers
    Chicken Burger 16pp
    Blue cheese beef burger 23pp
    Cheese Beef burger 24pp

Salads
    Butternut Squash salad 8pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Went to tgi's today. Got theire chicken diablo pasta which was 18 points aparantly and a side salad. Only ate half of both so I'm very impressed with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Monife wrote: »
    Feeling soooo bloated today, and I don't know why. I drank loads of water today, but I do admit I neglected it seriously over the weekend even with the 12k of walking (between 2 days). Maybe thats it.

Stepped on the scales (I know I know) and it shows me as up a few pounds!!! How can that be!!! Has really annoyed me now because I was reasonably good, ate all my weeklies but walked both days on the weekend and didnt eat much crap at all, bar a few treats like. WI tomorrow (different WI than normal) and if I am up, i'm going to be so p*ssed off and demotivated. :( ugh

I feel like that today too and I also neglected the water at the weekend,,AND i did the scales this eve an I am up also so must be something to do with that. ahhhh am so annoyed with myself for getting on the scales...although it has given me a kick up the butt I prob needed

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all

had a good day today and am back drinking water and feeling much better, decided to cut out all the fizzy diet drinks as they just make me feel yuck!!!

my motivation to lose weight is my children, I want to be able to do stuff with them and not hide in the corner!!! My son loves to go swimming but I wont bring him cause I hate being seen in my costume :o and my DH can't swim so he doesn't get to go :( so am determined to get back in the pool and teach him how to swim properly.....I used to swim all the time and I miss it alot!!!

I have the eating out guide and from what I can see the GBK burgers range from 16 pp (chicken burger) to 36 pp for the Garlic Mayo Beef burger!!!! Chunky chips (no dip) are 12 pp and onion rings are 8 pp if thats any use!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Dee01 wrote: »
    I think thats going to be about the best you'll get. I love noodles as well, although the straight to wok seem high at 6, they're actually quite good value. The Koka ones are 16 pp per pack :eek:

16 pp?????????oh my good god, I grabbed them for my tea this evening.. I was tired and wanted something extra quick..

LinK3 wrote: »
    Dee01 wrote: »
    I think thats going to be about the best you'll get. I love noodles as well, although the straight to wok seem high at 6, they're actually quite good value. The Koka ones are 16 pp per pack :eek:

16 pp?????????oh my good god, I grabbed them for my tea this evening.. I was tired and wanted something extra quick..

wow I never realised they were so high in points!!!!!:eek: will be avoiding them so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey guys need a lil help got stuck babysitting for my bro so only getting home now haven't eaten anything except porridge all day so hubby suggested chipper Im trying to be as good as poss this wk bu thought I'd make a wrap when I get in and have a few chipper chips anyone know how I'd point them? Like would anyone know shay 100g is I can weigh them when I get in?

According to the WW food guide 100g of thick cut homemade chips is 5pp and 150g is 8pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Cnt believe Koka noodles so high, Im guessin cuppa soup be high too. Ive cut them out. Been back at ww about 3 weeks now, need to lose 2 stone to be back to origianal weight, lost 5.5lbs first weigh in and gained 1lb on Sat, but had been sooooo bad glad was only a lb.
    Still fightin cravings for madeira cakes!!!
    Does anyone know though how many pp in a homemade mousse with lemon and lime sugar free jelly, evaporated milk also used??Its sooo lovely and my boyfriend makes it, it tastes light so thats why think it is.
    Also for the women, does anyone skip their weigh in on their tom??? Ive been good so far this week, but get very bloated and afraid it will demotivate me if I get weighed and am up, as Ive seen on operation transformation. Only joined this forum last week and lovin it xx

kc83 wrote: »
    Cnt believe Koka noodles so high, Im guessin cuppa soup be high too. Ive cut them out. Been back at ww about 3 weeks now, need to lose 2 stone to be back to origianal weight, lost 5.5lbs first weigh in and gained 1lb on Sat, but had been sooooo bad glad was only a lb.
    Still fightin cravings for madeira cakes!!!
    Does anyone know though how many pp in a homemade mousse with lemon and lime sugar free jelly, evaporated milk also used??Its sooo lovely and my boyfriend makes it, it tastes light so thats why think it is.
    Also for the women, does anyone skip their weigh in on their tom??? Ive been good so far this week, but get very bloated and afraid it will demotivate me if I get weighed and am up, as Ive seen on operation transformation. Only joined this forum last week and lovin it xx

instant noodles are killer on points. and full of nasty additives. A pot noodle is 10pp....for 10pp you could get a LARGE chicken breast (4pp) 200g baby potatos, and 100g of peas and corn!!!!!!!!

In the links under this post check the ww baking thread, i've a recipe posted for Victoria sponge, never made it my self, got it from a recipe archive

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    instant noodles are killer on points. and full of nasty additives. A pot noodle is 10pp....for 10pp you could get a LARGE chicken breast (4pp) 200g baby potatos, and 100g of peas and corn!!!!!!!!

its funny when you put it like that Lainy its an awful waste of points!!!! tis something I love about WW its got me back in the kitchen cooking again cause I find I get alot more for my points if I cook from scratch!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

I weighed my chipper chips I had 200g so pointed them as 14pp was I being to nice or should it be more?

Lainy, I saw the recipe for the sponge and it looks interesting, just never used splenda in baking before.....would you notice the taste of it in cakes??? or would the cake taste normal??? :confused: I find splenda incredibly sweet so am just wondering.....that said after pointing my normal cake recipes and nearly dying of shock when I saw how many points were in a slice I might give it a go and see.....I kinda miss the odd slice of cake!!!:o

flamelily wrote: »
    Lainy, I saw the recipe for the sponge and it looks interesting, just never used splenda in baking before.....would you notice the taste of it in cakes??? or would the cake taste normal??? :confused: I find splenda incredibly sweet so am just wondering.....that said after pointing my normal cake recipes and nearly dying of shock when I saw how many points were in a slice I might give it a go and see.....I kinda miss the odd slice of cake!!!:o

Cake talk has to stay in the cake forum...they dont like us talking about "cakes"...its not "healthy"....

ooops.....sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

I've my WI in the morning and I'm dreading it. I've lost 23 pounds so far but for some reason I'm finding this week a struggle. I keep craving chocolate and I've been picking at stuff all week. It's when I come home from work I'm wrecked and I just want chocolate! Fingers crossed anyhow!!

flamelily wrote: »
    ooops.....sorry :o

PM-ed you Re: Baking with splenda

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

dont forget to send me this weeks weights ;)(btwn sat and friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I earned a lot of extra activity points this evening. Got a phone call at 5.30pm, just as we were sitting down to our tea, to say that the wind had blown the roof off our mobile home in Donegal. Left the kids with my Mum & we were down there within the hour & spent about an hour & a half getting everything out that could be salvaged. It is a total wreck - but it was a bit of a dump anyway. It is in the garden of my Mum & Dad's holiday house & we would stay in it as there not enough room in the house anymore when everyones home (we're all married now with kids). We had actually planned on going down this weekend to get it all cleaned up for the summer, so luckily there wasn't much in it - no bedclothes or anything. Just need to find someone now to break it up & take it away & hope I can find another old (& cheap) one to replace it.

WI tomorrow morning. I was doing really well until yesterday at the confirmation, but I haven't gone over my weeklies. The weather has been so bad that I haven't walked anywhere. My daughter keeps asking when is the summer coming & I feel like asking the same question!

fofany wrote: »
    WI tomorrow morning. I was doing really well until yesterday at the confirmation, but I haven't gone over my weeklies. The weather has been so bad that I haven't walked anywhere. My daughter keeps asking when is the summer coming & I feel like asking the same question!

wouldnt worry too much about not walking, I havent been able to walk for last 3 weeks and have lost 6lbs in those weeks:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    PM-ed you Re: Baking with splenda
    just wondering how do u pm someone or go to links for reciepes,bit of a novice,please!:confused:

hollyhock wrote: »
    just wondering how do u pm someone or go to links for reciepes,bit of a novice,please!:confused:

To the left of the posts, the Left click on the user name...and a drop down menu pops out..."send this user a private message" is on the list :)

With links all you need to do is click on them and they'll open :)

hollyhock wrote: »

a novice? with 200+ posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I honestly don't know what's wrong with me this week, but I just have absolutely no energy at all. I was off work today and after I cleaned house etc I crawled into bed,rather than go to the gym.. which I haven't been to in two weeks. I promised myself I'd get back into it this week. I'm sticking to my points,but not being great to be honest. I refuse to go off track, and seriously tryin to motivate myself.

I will get back to the gym on Wednesday, I actually think the reason why I'm so tired is because I haven't been going.

Anyway sorry for rambling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Really tasty, easy and fast

4 tablespoons Teriyaki marinade
    1 tablespoon light soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    500g chicken breast
    2 teaspoons sesame seeds
    low fat cooking spray
    9oz asparagus tips
    1 inch fresh root ginger, chopped finely
    2 spring onions

Mix together the teriyaki marinade, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chicken pieces, stir and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
    Meanwhile, dry fry sesame seeds in wok or non stick pan for about 3 mins until light golden. Put aside.
    Remove chicken from marinade (keep marinade for later), spray with cooking spray, add to work and stir fry until cooked. Remove - put aside.
    Spray wok and stir fry asparagus for 3 mins, then add the ginger, chicken and leftover marinade. Stir fry for another minute or 2.
    Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and spring onions.

That's it. Pro points for whole recipe is 18. Says it makes 4 servings, but I'd say more like 3 decent portions. Good value for 6 pp. I had it with 1/2 pk Dunnes fresh egg noodles (3 points) - it was really good.

Made another one this evening which wasn't so good....I'm blaming the recipe and not the cook :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning All :)

I had the nicest dinner last night - Tuna fillet and mashed spuds :D I have to say, for ppl who want to incorporate fish into their diet without having an overwhelming fishy taste, tuna fillet is the way to go! It has a really subtle taste, no where near the strong taste that the tinned stuff has! Plus it cooks in no time, the fillet I had was 200g and it was cooked in 6 mins on a grill pan and no fishy smell in the house either :D:D I cut the fillet in half to make two portions for the two of us and 100g was just the right amount. Had it with 150g mashed spuds and some onions and mushrooms, lovely and all for only 8pp :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Morning All :)

I had the nicest dinner last night - Tuna fillet and mashed spuds :D I have to say, for ppl who want to incorporate fish into their diet without having an overwhelming fishy taste, tuna fillet is the way to go! It has a really subtle taste, no where near the strong taste that the tinned stuff has! Plus it cooks in no time, the fillet I had was 200g and it was cooked in 6 mins on a grill pan and no fishy smell in the house either :D:D I cut the fillet in half to make two portions for the two of us and 100g was just the right amount. Had it with 150g mashed spuds and some onions and mushrooms, lovely and all for only 8pp :D:D:D

Shoe Lover, definitely going to try the tuna fillet. Where do you buy yours? And would you add any herbs or spices or anything to it, if you don't would you suggest any good ones I could add to it? Also, would cooking it under the grill, turning once, be ok?

Sorry for all the questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Monife wrote: »
    Shoe Lover, definitely going to try the tuna fillet. Where do you buy yours? And would you add any herbs or spices or anything to it, if you don't would you suggest any good ones I could add to it? Also, would cooking it under the grill, turning once, be ok?

Sorry for all the questions :)

When I cook fresh tuna I often just add cracked black peppercorns to it, you know like peppered steak.

Oh and re cooking with Splenda, I used it last week when making my braised red cabbage, it was GROSS! UGH! I'll be using a wee bit of regular sugar in future for it.

morning :)

didn't get out and about for a walk last night as I didn't fancy doing a Mary Poppins impression.....the wind was mad :eek:

Just had a yummy bowl of oats and added 30g of raisins for something a bit different and I am absolutely stuffed......should keep me going til lunch :cool:

Shoe lover I have never tried fresh tuna cause I find the tinned one can be a bit heavy, might give it a go, I know the local fish guy has it in the odd time.....have to get creative with the old meats as there is only so much chicken one can eat in a week!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Have my appointment with the Edicrinologist today so I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that the changes I've seen since starting WW will make a positive difference to his prognosis for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement