Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I understand now.

It was grand. Super quiet which was nice, meant I could settle in nicely. Still trying to get my head around the stockroom but I'm sure I'll learn eventually. I guess I don't have a choice!

No discount yet. I'm supposed to wear Barratts shoes but my manager said that I don't have to buy them until I get paid. Saaaaaavage. 25% off all year round and 50% 4 times a year for shoes I'll be wearing to work. Awwww yeah.

Ok, bed time. I'm facepainting kids faces tomorrow so gotta be sprightly. Nighty night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

When I do English essays I stay up really late cos I'm a night owl and alternate between boards and facebook waiting for inspiration to strike and drink ridiculous amounts of my lovely sugary tea. Right now, I'm on boards in one tab and facebook in the other, looking for something to do to keep me awake and drinking lots of tea. Similar situation to the English essay situation but without the essay,

see I'm rambling moreso than usual cos i haz a tired.

how was work? do you get free shoes now you lucky duck?

I spend every waking hour alternating between, facebook/e-mail/work/google/boards

I am going to turn into some fat mess if I don't get some excercise routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Man, hottest fresher ever on the bus yesterday. Tappa tappa.

I was about to say that you're well too old to be thinking of going near that but... you're really not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

It make me feel old to see all the first years wandering around looking lost and confused. Is so many years ago since I was one of them! :( OK I am old, but that's besides the point. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The freshers are so young that I could have babysat for some of them. I never did get into the babysitting game though, too cutthroat for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Is there a Maynooth skatepark? I've heard there was one in the works, and found some digital pictures of what it would be like. Anyone know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

When freshers start to look like arrestable offences, you know you're getting old

When I was 16 I DID babysit a girl who will be going in to first year this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Anyone know where i go to get a locker??? and the cost???

• Advertisement

When I was 16 I DID babysit a girl who will be going in to first year this year...

You still would though right :p

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You still would though right :p

Babysit her? Absolutely. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Teabag! wrote: »
    Anyone know where i go to get a locker??? and the cost???

€50 for the year you can dump your stuff in my office

(Security)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Allandanyways is off to get drunk now :) if anyone's out in dublin tonight and sees me, say hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

What the fudge is the deal with all the emails they keep sending me?!
    I'm after getting about 6/7 emails forwarded from my college account in the last 24 hours!!

Also whats the deal with getting an audition time for the orchestra? Do I have to email someone as it states on the nuim website, or do I just look at the timetable as stated in one of the many emails sent to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

What the fudge is the deal with all the emails they keep sending me?!
    I'm after getting about 6/7 emails forwarded from my college account in the last 24 hours!!

Also whats the deal with getting an audition time for the orchestra? Do I have to email someone as it states on the nuim website, or do I just look at the timetable as stated in one of the many emails sent to me?

1. Google Apps for NUI Maynooth!

2. There is one specific person you've to email, but it's early days yet. They're not a lecturer so their name isn't up on the ''Staff'' page yet. Can't for the life of me remember her name :(

Names of the DJs playing freshers: DJ Damo, DJ Killian and DJ Rory...

Bet they're happenin'

banquo wrote: »
    1. Google Apps for NUI Maynooth!

2. There is one specific person you've to email, but it's early days yet. They're not a lecturer so their name isn't up on the ''Staff'' page yet. Can't for the life of me remember her name :(

Oh I do agree, google apps are amaaazing, this moodle crap . . :mad: baa-humbug!

And yes his name is Sebastian Petiet, from the R.T.E concert orchestra, but the auditions are monday night?

Ooh, a new guy. Was a female last year.

Monday seems a little early for auditions? I've never auditioned myself (major LOL) so I don't know for sure how early they usually are.

Ooh, a new guy. Was a female last year.

Monday seems a little early for auditions? I've never auditioned myself (major LOL) so I don't know for sure how early they usually are.

Great insight there! Thanks :P

In other news, I have enough pot noodles to last the first month :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Wondering which Special Topic I should do for my Socio thesis. Lecturer told me to expand on an essay last year when he gave me my result for it, but this year he's covering another topic. And what I want to do spread's to two different topics.

Gah, might do something else entirely.

I have no insight on your predicament JBoyle4eva, sorry.

I do have another question for ya though, have you done your time abroad yet for French? Where'd ya go or where will you be going?

I do have another question for ya though, have you done your time abroad yet for French? Where'd ya go or where will you be going?

Ah yes, the time in France. Have it done, but you've more or less 4 options to get your minumum of 12 weeks accumulated:
    1. Erasmus: You can do the Erasmus programme in either France or Belgium. If you get a grant, it still carries on over to your Erasmus university. This is a very good option, but I decided against it for my own reasons.
    2. Teaching Assitantship: Funded by the French embassy, you can apply to become an English TA in a primary/secondary school. It's paid, but only 60 places available in the whole of Ireland so there's competition here.
    3. Summer courses/Work: I did this one, but I did both courses and work in a Work Exchange programme. Fantastic experience, but if I go again I won't work I'll be there purely for leisure. You could also find work with a Summer camp in France. Be sure they speak French at this place. I've heard if the dept. hesitates about approving time spent in places like Disneyland Resort Paris because of their multi-linguism.
    4. Spend time in France sparingly: If you don't want to do 12 weeks in one go, go for shorter periods. E.G. You could spend 2 weeks one time, 4 week another time, etc. in France. THING IS, the number of weeks has to add up to 12 before you end Third year

Hope that helps. You can PM me for more info about my course :)

Yeah, I was thinking of doing some work in a French Summer camp this coming summer, end of second year for me. Friend of a friend did it and enjoyed it.

If you go for those two week stints how do you prove to the college that you weren't just there in Disneyland? :P

Yeah, I was thinking of doing some work in a French Summer camp this coming summer, end of second year for me. Friend of a friend did it and enjoyed it.

If you go for those two week stints how do you prove to the college that you weren't just there in Disneyland? :P

They don't care if you just went on holidays for those short times :rolleyes:

Get a room you two! :D

Get a room you two! :D

You're envious because a gay guy's getting a girl so easily :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

hai its allandanywas well others know me as Rachel............ waaheyh i love dublin oomg i just realised im in the qwrong thread pish, sorry Ro. :( hi everybody!!

• Advertisement

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    You're envious because a gay guy's getting a girl so easily :p

I wanna be gay so I can pick up girls that easy. And then quickly change back. It's cool to do that right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement