Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil, coal, turf, briquettes and firewood, where to get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Well road diesel is super cheap at the station in Inverin at the moment; so they might be worth a call???

Thanks for that. Whats the name of the petrol station and i'll google them? Do they do heating oil in the area too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Whats the name of the petrol station and i'll google them? Do they do heating oil in the area too?

Honestly have no idea, sorry. But it's the only garage in Inverin methinks, and their diesel was 89.9 Sunday week.

Only place that tops that at the mo is on the Port road in Letterkenny...87.9.

Apologies I can't be of more help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

O'Grady Oil - €270@500 litres, €480@1000 litres
    Got that quote online. Must ring up a few this week and do a bit of haggling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Recently I said on here that Excelsior were now part of Mor Oil, but I had it mixed up. They're part of Connell Texoil, and I paid them E240 for 500 litres this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

JohnCleary wrote: »

Tigh Neil's is the cheapest in Inverin, John.

But Siopa an Fubail (supervalue) have some deal that if you spend x amount on groceries they'll discount your fuel. With that discount, they'd be cheaper than Neil's. Neil's is an agent for Sweeney Oil, the other one doesn't do home heating oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Here are the one's I've tried with some haggling. Phew!!!!

1000 Litres
    Tescoil or Connolly Oil or Excelsior 091 795188 €440
    Corrib Oil 091 751311 €450 but matched €440 when I told them about Tescoil
    Jones Oil 091 562782 €450
    Mór Oil 091 562011 €450
    Mc Mahon Oil 091 561677 €450
    Cloonans 091 844088 €450
    Galway Oil 091 568605 €465
    Sweeney Oil or East Galway Oil or Hi-Way Oil or O'Grady Oil 091 566406 €480

500 Litres
    Jones Oil 091 562782 €240
    Cloonans 091 844088 €240
    Tescoil or Connolly Oil or Excelsior 091 795188 €440
    Corrib Oil 091 751311 €250
    Mc Mahon Oil 091 561677 €250
    Galway Oil 091 568605 €250
    Mór Oil 091 562011 €270
    Sweeney Oil or East Galway Oil or Hi-Way Oil or O'Grady Oil 091 566406 €270

Cheapest Oil seems to be fairly on the ball.

I went with Tescoil for a 1000 litres in the end. Delivering today and they said they would bleed the boiler for me as oil had run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks a lot for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

HI,
    which oil company is cheapest for home heating oil at present? I'm living in Lackagh.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Martain Naughton Oil,Local as well. got some a few days ago, i live about a mile from you.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

@galwayrush- do you have a contact number for Martain Naughton Oil- I can't find any online....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

dinneenp wrote: »
    @galwayrush- do you have a contact number for Martain Naughton Oil- I can't find any online....

Yep, got a mobile no. somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

My last fill was from Texoil and got 1200 for 44.5p per litre so not far off the mark.

Oil has not changed much in the last 3 months so whats going on with petrol prices in the city ... 5 cents dearer than alot of county pumps :mad:

Oil has not changed much in the last 3 months so whats going on with petrol prices in the city ... 5 cents dearer than alot of county pumps :mad:

+1.

And don't get me started on the difference between here and the rest of the country!!! I'm sure it must be more expensive somewhere in the country; but everywhere I've been it has been cheaper, and significantly so!!!

Diesel is particularly ridiculous since the budget, seems like most of the stations in town have added on the 5c a litre and a little for themselves:rolleyes:

Wonder where the cheapest in Galway city/county is at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Petrol probably should have it's own thread. I never buy petrol in the City any more just out of principle ... and more people should do the same to teach these cowboys a lesson :mad:

There is something very wrong when Spidal is 105.9c and the City averages 108.9c - 109.9c

Spidal has been consisently cheaper than City prices since January

Gort for me has always been cheaper (The crappy one out of town to Ennis) currently 104.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sweeny Oil and related companies (O’Grady Oil, Hi-Way Oil, Finn Valley Oil etc) went into "interim examinership" this week which might have an effect on oil prices...

Friend got oil today, Suttons-700l @ 350yoyo inc VAT....seemed reasonable to me :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Who buys heating oil in june?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

snubbleste wrote: »
    Who buys heating oil in june?

Some one who knows it will be twice the price as soon as the weather turns.

Or someone who runs out and needs hot water in the summer perhaps???

Surely that's not beyond the realms of possibility???

Good answers
    I would've thought people could heat water using electricity/immersion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oil prices have been steadily on the rise for the last 3 months and are expected to rise further as the recession improves elsewhere. I think oil has taken a small slump today to $71. That's still more than double what it cost in March though so I think we can definitely expect a bit of a price hike :(.

Good answers
    I would've thought people could heat water using electricity/immersion

She doesn't have an immersion

chilly wrote: »
    Oil prices have been steadily on the rise for the last 3 months and are expected to rise further as the recession improves elsewhere. I think oil has taken a small slump today to $71. That's still more than double what it cost in March though so I think we can definitely expect a bit of a price hike :(.

You would have gotten 700 litres for 150 yoyos ex VAT in March???? Bloody hell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You would have gotten 700 litres for 150 yoyos ex VAT in March???? Bloody hell!!!

It mightn't translate immediately to a 50% increase in home heating costs. We just have to hope the home heating oil companies bought large stockpile when it was cheap and that the dollar doesn't strengthen much against the Euro.:)
    I'm sure we can expect some increase though.

chilly wrote: »
    It mightn't translate immediately to a 50% increase in home heating costs. We just have to hope the home heating oil companies bought large stockpile when it was cheap and that the dollar doesn't strengthen much against the Euro.:)
    I'm sure we can expect some increase though.

Ahhhh; I was a little confused by your post!!

I understand now :)

Hope it does stay as reasonable; I'll prob need some before the summers out ;)

Sweeny Oil and related companies (O’Grady Oil, Hi-Way Oil, Finn Valley Oil etc) went into "interim examinership"

Just an update on this story.
    Tedcastle – which operates TOP filling stations – has agreed to purchase the troubled Fate Park Limited, one of the country’s largest oil distribution companies.
    Under the deal, Galway businessman John Sweeney – who owns Fate Park – will lose the fuel business he has built up for more than 20 years, and was the springboard for his expansion into the hotel and property business in the 1990s. Fate Park trades as Sweeney Oil/Rabbitt Oil, O’Grady Oil, Hi-Way Oil, Finn Valley Oil, Moneen Spar Express, Hughes & O’Boyle Fuel Oil, Castlebar Oil Company, Flanagans Oil and Major Fuel Distributors.

It's getting chilly
    Anyone get oil recently or are there any discounts floating around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

It's getting chilly
    Anyone get oil recently or are there any discounts floating around?

I got 500 litres for €260 about three weeks ago from Texoil, €10 cheaper than was quoted by corrib. ring them and ask for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

562704...MOR Oil. I have got them the last few timeas and they still come out the cheapest. i always ring around around 4 or five. But when u rnging..always ask how many litres can u get for....whatever u prepared to spend. say..400eur or something. and its always cheaper to get a good bit..getting 200litres is goin to cost more int he long run as they charge u the top price per litre when u get so little. somewhere at around 5 or 600 litres the price is not goin to go down really after that. best of luck....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Got 500 ltrs from texoil for 250 last week. Cheapest was 260 but rang texoil and told them I had got a quote for 250 and they said they would match it. Deluivered 2 hours later.

Advertisement