Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Just a bruised toe according to the local press, he should be fine in a few days.

Watched the first half, De Jong looked pretty decent. Gouffran scored and looked a threat too. Down as a mid and 6.5(was he classed as a forward last season???)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Watched the first half, De Jong looked pretty decent. Gouffran scored and looked a threat too. Down as a mid and 6.5(was he classed as a forward last season???)

Yeah he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings off the mark against Accrington Stanley who are they. Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Ings off the mark against Accrington Stanley who are they. Exactly.

Goal was disallowed.

JokerD wrote: »
    Goal was disallowed.

Thank god the league hasn't started a call like that would get me in trouble around these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This Rooney bloke might be a good option at £10.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rooney fantastic goal
    mata assist ..../

mata goal
    Rooney assist :D

• Advertisement

Rooney pen
    welbeck assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

10 goals scored so far in the first two pre season friendlies. Only warm up games but still! Looking like two United attacking players might be a good shout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Liverpool win 1-0 thanks to Sterling.
    Siggy scores twice in a 4-0 thrashing of Plymouth.
    Spurs beat Chicago 2-0 (Kane, Holtby)
    City smashed Milan 5-1 although I would be surprised if any of the starting 11 play in GW1.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/fixtures-results/27-july-2014

lineup v Inter

Man Utd starting XI: Lindegaard, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young, Mata, Rooney, Welbeck. Luke Shaw not in squad

lineup v Inter

Man Utd starting XI: Lindegaard, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young, Mata, Rooney, Welbeck. Luke Shaw not in squad

turns out Shaw is on bench after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    turns out Shaw is on bench after all

He played a half. The one worry with Shaw now is that I've seen LVG mention that Young could play wing back in his system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Fabregas free kick today: https://vine.co/v/ME1zid1EDTd

Backline is Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Luis

Fabregas free kick today: https://vine.co/v/ME1zid1EDTd

Backline is Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Luis

FFS said he has been taking most of the corners and set pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

have to say always thought fabregas was a better choice than hazard

have to say always thought fabregas was a better choice than hazard

I dunno tbh. Fabregas is playing alongside Matic so generally plays as a sitting mid, although that hasn't stopped Ramsey or Yaya in recent times.

Hazard has games where he can be unstoppable though. Watch him against Sunderland last year. Fantastic performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I dunno tbh. Fabregas is playing alongside Matic so generally plays as a sitting mid, although that hasn't stopped Ramsey or Yaya in recent times.

Hazard has games where he can be unstoppable though. Watch him against Sunderland last year. Fantastic performance.

Think he played at 10 tonight, Van Ginkel and Matic were the holding mids.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Think he played at 10 tonight, Van Ginkel and Matic were the holding mids.

I wonder would Jose be tempted to play Fabregas there and push Hazard to the wider role?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

For me Hazard is not the player I thought he was going to be when Chelsea signed him, hes good but I think Sanchez ,Mata and Fabregas will outshine him this season, I don't think Silva will score as many as those 3 either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FHFC wrote: »
    I wonder would Jose be tempted to play Fabregas there and push Hazard to the wider role?

What do u mean push Hazard to the wider role? That's where he plays?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What do u mean push Hazard to the wider role? That's where he plays?

Thought he was middle of the three in front of Matic/Fab. I do tend to have the memory of a goldfish once a season is over..... ;)

Thought he was middle of the three in front of Matic/Fab. I do tend to have the memory of a goldfish once a season is over..... ;)
    oscar played centrally most of the time. It will be interesting to see what mourinho does when oscar, willian and hazard return.

oscar played centrally most of the time. It will be interesting to see what mourinho does when oscar, willian and hazard return.

That's what I get for looking at FPL line ups more than actual line ups. If Fabregas was in the forward three rather than the pivot he'd be an awesome FPL prospect, is what I was saying behind the stupidity.....

That's what I get for looking at FPL line ups more than actual line ups. If Fabregas was in the forward three rather than the pivot he'd be an awesome FPL prospect, is what I was saying behind the stupidity.....
    he would and Id probably switch from hazard to fabregas if so or even go with both.

fab and matic two central midfielders i think. that's why i'm going hazard over fab

liverpool going with both sturridge and lambert up top tonight for the friendly against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

liverpool going with both sturridge and lambert up top tonight for the friendly against City.

I could be thinking too much into it but i'd imagine Rodgers is playing a formation he isn't too likely to deploy for real, considering Liverpool play City second week into the season i doubt he wants to give Pelligrini any benefit of sussing out his actual tactics ahead of their game.

• Advertisement

I could be thinking too much into it but i'd imagine Rodgers is playing a formation he isn't too likely to deploy for real, considering Liverpool play City second week into the season i doubt he wants to give Pelligrini any benefit of sussing out his actual tactics ahead of their game.
    ye true both teams are playing understrength teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

These are just friendly games, so wouldn't put to much faith in the line ups. Will be nice to see how the players perform - Dzeko, Jovetic and Sturridge playing - none of them in my team yet. We didn't see them for long during the World Cup so it might be interesting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Jovetic scores again and has been brilliant. He may become an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Liam Moore with a goal and only HT yet.

Routledge with 2, Austin and Junior Hoilett also among the goals so far. Hoilett playing in the 10 role could become an interesting option at 5.0...

Edit: Add a certain Lamela to that list of goalscorers too ;)

Eriksen bangs in a beauty ;)

Arsenal v Benfica on BT Sport 1 at the minute, about 20 minutes gone. Ramsey playing off Sanogo and quite unlucky not to have a goal and an assist already.

Rambo with a quality assist for Yaya

Rambo with a quality assist for Yaya

hhhhmmmmmm

Another goal apiece for Austin and Hoilett winning 4-0.

Swansea win 3-1 with Gomis also scoring. It seems like it was almost 4-4-2 with Bony and Gomis up front with Siggy on the right and routledge on the left, Siggy got an assist and I'd imagine it was a rather fluid front 4.

Spurs beat Celtic 6-1 with Lamela, Soldado, Eriksen and Ade all scoring.

Rosicky also starts for Arsenal as I alluded to in the watchlist could be set for plenty of games for the first few weeks of season.

Stoke drew 0-0 with Burton and Newcastle lost 3-1 to Malaga.

It's still way to early to draw many conclusions. Next weekends games will be more interesting when there's only a wee to go.

• Advertisement

Arsenal have been so good here. They're tearing Benfica apart, great to watch.

Joel Campbell scores for Arsenal now too, I can see a cat stealthily approaching a group of pigeons minding their own business, no danger just yet....

Yaya with a hatrick, can't be ignored now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quest, channel 167 on Sky are showing Schalke vs West Ham live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yaya with a hatrick, can't be ignored now..

A "friend" was a bit confused by this earlier. Anyway, my "friend" has since discovered it was Yaya Sanogo the 5m Arsenal striker...

Same "friend" said to say he got a fourth.

I knew all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I can neither confirm nor deny that same friend rushed off and created a team around a certain 11m Man City midfielder before realising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Roundup of all today's friendlies (Stolen from FFS)

Nottingham Forest 1-0 West Brom

WBA team: Foster; Wisdom, Dawson, Olsson © (Lescott HT, O’Neil 80), Pocognoli (Garmston 86); Baird, Yacob (Anichebe HT); Gardner, Mulumbu (Brunt 73), Dorrans; Berahino (Roofe 76).
    Subs not used: Myhill (gk), A Nab

Malaga 3-1 Newcastle United

Obertan goal, Colback assist from a corner

Newcastle United team: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini (Williamson 74), S Taylor, Haidara (Dummett 67), Sissoko (Aarons 46), Abeid, Colback (Anita 67), Cabella (Obertan 46), Perez (Riviere 46), Armstrong (Gouffran 46).

Tottenham 6-1 Celtic

Goalscorers:
    Kane goal Townsend assist
    Soldado goal Holtby assist
    Holtby goal Capoue assist
    Lamela goal no assist
    Eriksen free kick goal Adebayor assist
    Adebayor penalty goal Rose assist

Tottenham team 1st half: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Davies, Mason, Capoue, Holtby, Kane, Townsend, Soldado

Tottenham team 2nd half: Friedel, Naughton, Fryers, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor

Brentford 3-2 Crystal Palace

Goalscorers:
    Fraizer Campbell goal no assist
    Fraizer Campbell goal Bannan assist

Palace team: Hennessey, Ward, Mariappa, Dann, Bolasie, Puncheon, Jedinak, Murray, Delaney, Ledley, Chamakh

Preston 1-1 Leicester

Moore goal Taylor Fletcher assist

Leicester team (4-2-3-1) : Schmeichel, De Laet, Wasilewski, Moore, Konchesky, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Taylor-Fletcher, Vardy, Ulloa

Reading 1-3 Swansea

Goalscorers:
    Bony penalty miss
    Routledge goal Bony assist
    Routledge goal Sigurdsson assist
    Gomis goal no assist

Swansea team (4-4-2): Fabianski, Tiendalli, Williams (c), Bartley, Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony, Gomis

Shamrock 0-4 QPR

Goalscorers:
    Hoilett goal Faurlin assist
    Austin goal no assist
    Hoilett goal no assist
    Austin goal Caulker assist

QPR team (3-5-2): Green; Simpson, Caulker, Dunne, Onuoha, Traore; Barton, Faurlin, Hoilett; Austin, Zamora

Groningen 4-1 Villa

NZogbia goal no assist

AVFC team: Given, Hutton, Senderos, Baker, Clark, Westwood, Delph, Weimann, Richardson, Agbonlahor, Bent.

Subs: Guzan, Okore, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Herd, Stevens, Gardner, Grealish.

Arsenal 5-1 Benfica

Goalscorers:
    Sanago goal Ramsey assist
    Campbell goal Bellerin assist
    Sanago goal Campbell assist
    Sanogo goal Gibbs assist
    Sanogo goal Ramsey assist

Arsenal team: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Campbell, Ramsey, Rosicky, Ox, Sanogo

Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Sanchez, Cazorla, Coquelin, Akpom, Miquel

Did chamakh and Murray not get the palace goals.

Did chamakh and Murray not get the palace goals.

There were 2 different games with 2 XI's I think

There were 2 different games with 2 XI's I think

Just looked it up another palace team played forest green Campbell got the 2 goals in that Game.

United team v Real tonight.

De Gea; M Keane, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Herrera, Fletcher, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck

• Advertisement
Advertisement