Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Isn't Kokone just DLC? Make a Japanese account, get some yen on it and you're sorted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    Isn't Kokone just DLC? Make a Japanese account, get some yen on it and you're sorted.

That's what I heard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Yeah, it's not exactly difficult to get a hold of Japanese PSN cards either and dustloop posts guides with image by image steps to buy the stuff. It's just she's not out for another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Thought so, I've never bought anything from JP PSN store, so I thought it'd be the same. I mean, why would it change :P Do PlayAsia just e-mail you the code right away, or do they post the card out, does anybody know?

If you buy the digital version and pay through paypal, it's supposed to be a matter of minutes.

• Advertisement

http://imgur.com/a/r1VkL#0

Translated menus for anyone getting an imported copy like myself. Likely to do training mode options as well later, I'll post them as well if they're put up.

I've used Playasia before and it's pretty much hassle free. Codes are sent out almost immediately. They don't ship you the cards.

If anyone wants Japanese PSN cards but doesn't want to use PlayAsia for some reason I can pick some up in 7Eleven here and you can lodge the cost to my Irish bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So the BB V-log is back

And it'll be gone again in 4 months.

Then back again 2 months later.

That channel is a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Xinkai wrote: »
    And it'll be gone again in 4 months....

Just like most of the BB community!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tomorrow.

4 o'clock.

Be there or be oblong.

How's this going? Is Rachel badass?

Burret is my waifu.

Also, Tager feels wiiiiierd man, but I started getting into the swing of things as I kept playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Gonna live at kKeiths if I get into this anytime soon

Pull up a bed bro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I couldn't make casuals, but I'd love to get some games in on this before thinking about entering it at DOC.

If anyone is doing games anywhere, plz let me know.

How's this going? Is Rachel badass?

Her pressure is better. 6B (the fork) is jump cancellable now and you can combo off of 5B 6B so it gives her more of a consistent blockstring.

Her Lobelia (pumpkins) bounce off the edge of the screen in the corner now which makes her previously really strong corner game even better.

Her wind pressure feels a bit more consistent though people may have just gotten better at it. I see people making use of her instant overhead a lot more than before now.

She seems better than in previous versions but that's a combination of slight buffs and other problematic match ups getting toned down.
    I couldn't make casuals, but I'd love to get some games in on this before thinking about entering it at DOC.

If anyone is doing games anywhere, plz let me know.

There's only a single copy in Ireland atm, everyone else is waiting on shipping since we didn't get it courier delivered, so that may be problematic.
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Gonna live at kKeiths if I get into this anytime soon

Pull up a bed bro :pac:

Still hasn't arrived yet. Soon. Kagura's looking real good though.

I've said it to a few people already, but if you have an interest in playing BB get in touch with me. I understand that the game is awkward to get your hands on with it being a Japanese only release so far and it being a PS3 exclusive (Being on PSN does help though), so I'm up for giving people some time in training mode as well as answering questions about the game and playing it obviously.

You know what I had totally forgot was **** tons of fun?
    Using combo guides that are out there right now as templates for my own stuff. I made up an FC midscreen and corner combo for Tager off of People's Elbow. It's not optimal in any way, but hell, it still felt good to do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

This makes perfect sense.

Changed some settings on the Hauppauge, I have to say the vids came out sexay for your new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unlimited Kagura.

Good luck, Keith!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Unlimited Kagura.

Good luck, Keith!

What the hell happened there? Armor on the puppets keeps the bike on screen or something?

Pretty sure the super stays active as long as it's on screen and the active puppet essentially keeps it locked on screen.

Also my copy arrived today.

Likewise, commence'a'jiggilin y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xinkai wrote: »
    commence'a'jiggilin y'all

Ah gots these nightvision goggles?

Pre Console Tier List from Japan from 2 weeks ago

S: Taokaka, Litchi, Hazama, Valkenhayn
    A: Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Hakumen, Mu-12, Relius, Azrael
    B: Noel, Tager, Bang, Carl, Arakune, Nu-13, Tsubaki
    C: Makoto, Platinum, Amane, Bullet, Izayoi

Funny, The 3 characters I wanted to learn are in Bottom 6 :P

Full document is here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gbeudMMDSFnqd1w_P6XrJC4pdOasyfX1GQE3rl8yvtI/edit

Having too much fun with the new characters. Also this list should not be considered the be all end all, Xie points out that this game is more balanced than Extend, which had a fantastic balance in itself. The weaknesses for the lower spectrum of characters is detailed why they are down there, as opposed to Tao, Litchi etc.

Worth the read!

Edit: Terumi is a beast.

Extend was a horrible balance. :l If you take the top 3 out of the equation (Arakune, Tao and Valk) then yeah, it was a really balanced game but those 3 characters just destroyed the majority of the rest of the cast when played to a decent level to the point were only a few other characters had a fighting chance (Ragna, Hakumen, Lambda, Mu, Hazama etc. ).

Also, the level of play in Ireland will have to see a dramatic increase for that list to even matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Only Tier List that matters:

Hazama Tier: Hazama, Terumi

Unstylish Loser Tier: Everyone else

Only Tier List that matters:

Hazama Tier: Hazama, Terumi

Unstylish Loser Tier: Everyone else

Once again, to reiterate a comment from earlier today.

Terumi is a beast.

• Advertisement

So, after experimenting with Keith over about 20 matches.

The translators were wrong. Tager doesn't beat Azreal.

In anyway.

I'd rather fight CT Nu :pac:

Advertisement