Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Super-Rush wrote: »
    A conversation I just had.

Oh dear.

Not unreasonable since June is a month, not a date. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

So you don't have a valentine for valentines day? Some people do not have a mother on Mother's Day and / or a father on Father's Day so please shut the **** up you pesticides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So you don't have a valentine for valentines day? Some people do not have a mother on Mother's Day and / or a father on Father's Day so please shut the **** up you pesticides.

I've the full collection. I fücking rule!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

so please shut the **** up you pesticides.

pesticide is an insult now?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

"I swear you can tell who needs to get a life.....it's the bored idiots that post a gagillion bitstrips in the span of a couple of hours. I hate those things and wish people would stop posting a few hundred a day and filling up my news feed. Ok, rant over!"

"I want to know how you guys think we should spell baby girls name. Here's the options:
    1 haylie
    2 hailie
    3 hayliegh
    4 hailey
    5 hailee
    6 hailiegh
    7 haylee
    8 Hayley
    9 hayly
    10 haily
    11 Halley"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Tetra wrote: »
    "I want to know how you guys think we should spell baby girls name. Here's the options:
    1 haylie
    2 hailie
    3 hayliegh
    4 hailey
    5 hailee
    6 hailiegh
    7 haylee
    8 Hayley
    9 hayly
    10 haily
    11 Halley"

"Mary"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

1 haylie
    2 hailie
    3 hayliegh
    4 hailey
    5 hailee
    6 hailiegh
    7 haylee
    8 Hayley
    9 hayly
    10 haily
    11 Halley"
    ivytwine wrote: »
    "Mary"
    "Harold", clearly.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    "Harold", clearly.

RIP :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

"Mary"
    Much too old fashioned.

Mayri is way trendier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Who says Facebook friends are not your real friends? They enjoy seeing you on the internet every day. Miss you when you're not on. Showing compassion when you lose someone you love. Send you greetings on your birthday. View the pictures you upload. Like your status. Make you laugh when you are said.

Share this if you are grateful or your Facebook friends"

What a load of old sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Getting really fed up of all the sarcastic
    "My postmans back is broken from carrying all my cards", "ease up lads I can't keep up with all the Valentine's messages" etc etc.
    Boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My sister-in-laws bf just posted a "voucher" picture on her Facebook page that reads:

"GOOD FOR ONE EARTH SHATTERING, EARTH MOVING, TOE TINGILING, BODY VIBRATING ORGASM"

And yes, it was spelled "tingiling".

The worst thing is they're both friends with a LOT of family members on it, and they live together together. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Narcissistic "I wish I had a valentine today" posts on Facebook. People don't have mothers on Mother's day, fathers on Father's day, or even families on Christmas day. SHUT THE FECK UP you self absorbed prick!

Sorry. :o

[-0-] wrote: »
    "I wish I had a valentine today" posts on Facebook. People don't have mothers on Mother's day, fathers on Father's day, or even families on Christmas day. SHUT THE FECK UP you self absorbed prick!

Tbf, you don't (hopefully) shag your mother or father so there is a bit of a difference…

Narcissistic "I wish I had a valentine today" posts on Facebook. People don't have mothers on Mother's day, fathers on Father's day, or even families on Christmas day. SHUT THE FECK UP you self absorbed prick!

Sorry. :o

You just haven't added the right girls yet. </3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This right here deserves it's own "Dumb/Great Boards posts that wouldn't look out of place on a 15 year old's Facebook timeline" thread!

"Hit on at a rugby match. That's a first, i look awful in a jersey, and have no make up on! And he knows a girl from my job. Awkward! He didn't want to take 'i have a boyfriend' as an answer. Flattering all the same "

She posts similar "someone hit on my and I dunno why" posts way too often. Whether they are true or not, no need to try and remind us all that you're insecure :) also she doesn't have a boyfriend

"Yup! Just got Dumped on Valentines day..and everything was going so well - Maybe going to see 'Her' in the cinema was a bad idea!? #whataloadaballs"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

rawn wrote: »
    "Hit on at a rugby match. That's a first, i look awful in a jersey, and have no make up on! And he knows a girl from my job. Awkward! He didn't want to take 'i have a boyfriend' as an answer. Flattering all the same "

She posts similar "someone hit on my and I dunno why" posts way too often. Whether they are true or not, no need to try and remind us all that you're insecure :)also she doesn't have a boyfriend
    Sounds like an absolute head wreck. Best avoided ;)

This from my auntie. It falls in the borders of Bad/Great in my opinion :D

"ok people just home from work. two days from hell.got pissed on my hat blew away and also doing my brothers job while hes gone to thialand for 16 days. he made a tit of his round witch made life harder for me... so i hope he gets sun stroke and a sexually transmitted disease that makes his willy look like a lion bar...... and **** valenines day.... thank you all for letting me rant.. i feel much better now xxxxxx"

"Yup! Just got Dumped on Valentines day..and everything was going so well - Maybe going to see 'Her' in the cinema was a bad idea!? #whataloadaballs"

Why would you admit this on Facebook? Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why would you admit this on Facebook? Jesus.

Attention?

"In westwood waitin for my lil lady
    To the three dickheads sitting behind me...
    YES that is my child
    YES she is "dark skinned"
    And YES I'm sure I didn't take the wrong child home.
    Seriously I don't think ya can be that stupid and considering one of ya is black I'm pretty sure you know she's mixed thick mofos"

This probably doesn't seem too bad but she seriously posts something like this every 2 weeks or so. Finding it hard to believe she encounters so many loud, ignorant people, or maybe that's just me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

"
    To the three dickheads sitting behind me...

Hopefully someone replies to ask is she actually friends with them on facebook or how does she expect them to receive this message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

"Looking forward to my Chinese tonight. Think I deserve it after the week I had!! Beef with mushrooms and black bean sauce and boiled rice!! Not my usual order but a nice dish all the same!! :)"

I'm sorry, what? Am I supposed to care?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    "Looking forward to my Chinese tonight. Think I deserve it after the week I had!! Beef with mushrooms and black bean sauce and boiled rice!! Not my usual order but a nice dish all the same!! :)"

I'm sorry, what? Am I supposed to care?

Food posts really annoy me. It's nice to share pictures and music, but until fb develops food-sharing hardware and software, it's rude to tell everyone that you're having a lovely dinner and they are not invited.

"What would you do? You have 2 sons, 7 & 9. They have a "camping" out in your backyard, and invite their 12 year old neighbor. It gets a bit out of control and the 12 year old wants to play truth or dare. The dares get a bit more risque, to the point of the 12 year old wants the 9 year old to suck his _____. You find out about what happened this morning. The 7 & 9 year old are at this point traumatized. What would you do, talk to the 12 year old' parents, call the cops. Take matters into your own hands? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated."

Person A: Call the cops. .. that's just wrong in so many ways. .

Person B: I would first talk to the parents, she how they act and how they want to handle the situation...if that doesn't work then you can call the cops and see what they say.

Person C: The last I heard they were headed to talk to the parents. I told them to keep calm and if they didn't like how or what the parents said to go get the sheriff. They live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. Said they don't want to make it worse. How much worse can it get....

Person D: 12 yrs old, you have to wonder where he got that idea from? My son is 10 and I would NEVER allow that kind of stuff in my house! Is it one of those the parents work and no one is around to put him in his place? We have a lot of those kids around here, the parents both work and most of the time the kids are home alone.... the stuff i hear these kids say and do shocks me. It's sad that it's like this now, I always had a parent home when I was growing up. There is no way in hell I could pull what these kids nowadays pull.

"Bad boys, wild nights, drama....they're all exciting in the moment, but at the end of the day true love is the man who treks out in a snowstorm to buy you toilet paper so you can wipe your butt. JUST SAYING."

"Bad boys, wild nights, drama....they're all exciting in the moment, but at the end of the day true love is the man who treks out in a snowstorm to buy you toilet paper so you can wipe your butt. JUST SAYING."

*swoon*

• Advertisement

The romance <3 That could easily have been a scene from Romeo & Juliet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

"Out The Hospital Thanks Be To God Im Glad Be Home :) Back In Hospital Next Week For 2 Appointment There 50% Its A Boy Just The Cord Was In The Way - Feeling Blessed."

.... What else is it gonna be? 50% a boy, 25% girl and 25% alien? :confused::confused::confused:

"Out The Hospital Thanks Be To God Im Glad Be Home :) Back In Hospital Next Week For 2 Appointment There 50% Its A Boy Just The Cord Was In The Way - Feeling Blessed."

.... What else is it gonna be? 50% a boy, 25% girl and 25% alien? :confused::confused::confused:

I don't understand why people capitalize every word. A girl I'm FB fronds with does it too, surely it's more effort?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I don't understand why people capitalize every word. A girl I'm FB fronds with does it too, surely it's more effort?

I'm glad someone else found this aspect of the post/status more annoying than the actual content.

That said, the content was a bit of a fail too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Could be posting from phone?
    Some phones do this depending on the settings they have/ How they're typing.

Just a guess. I can't see anyone purposely capitalising everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Could be posting from phone?
    Some phones do this depending on the settings they have/ How they're typing.

Just a guess. I can't see anyone purposely capitalising everything.

A guy I know does, watched him do it. He used Caps Lock, also.

Not a status- but persistent people. Creepers. A guy has tried to add me four times in the last month, I haven't a blues clue who he is. Checked my 'other' folder, apparently he works on the same floor as me in a different department. Now I know one or two of the people in that department (I'm relatively new) but I have never talked to this guy. You would think that after the third time I rejected his friend request he'd have gotten the message.

And the people who clog up your chat with 'Hey'. Nothing else. Flips sake, if you want to make conversation, say something a bit more reply-able than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Not a status- but persistent people. Creepers. A guy has tried to add me four times in the last month, I haven't a blues clue who he is. Checked my 'other' folder, apparently he works on the same floor as me in a different department. Now I know one or two of the people in that department (I'm relatively new) but I have never talked to this guy. You would think that after the third time I rejected his friend request he'd have gotten the message.

And the people who clog up your chat with 'Hey'. Nothing else. Flips sake, if you want to make conversation, say something a bit more reply-able than that!

Report him?/block?
    When you reject a request, a question comes up "do you know this person outside of facebook" If you choose no, you have the option to block/ or report.
    Why don't you do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Report him?/block?
    When you reject a request, a question comes up "do you know this person outside of facebook" If you choose no, you have the option to block/ or report.
    Why don't you do this?

Because, if I were to hazard a guess, they secretly love the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

BNMC wrote: »

Sorry, but that was too funny :D I'm easily amused :)

Report him?/block?
    Why don't you do this?

It didn't come up. I always do this normally. But it didn't come up any of the last three times. I had to go into his profile to report him. I did this this morning so hopefully that's the last time he'll add me.
    Because, if I were to hazard a guess, they secretly love the attention.

I don't actually, I actually don't want some creep I don't know looking through my pics or seeing anything I've posted. I have my profile set on as private as possible. If he had his workplace up (which he didn't) or if we had mutual friends (which we don't, which is major red flag for me, why not add the other new starters, couldn't be because they're all lads, is it?) I probably would have accepted, but the persistence has actually unnerved me.

But no, someone who has a legitimate complaint about some weirdo adding them on Facebook is looking for attention. Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It didn't come up. I always do this normally. But it didn't come up any of the last three times. I had to go into his profile to report him. I did this this morning so hopefully that's the last time he'll add me.

I don't actually, I actually don't want some creep I don't know looking through my pics or seeing anything I've posted. I have my profile set on as private as possible. If he had his workplace up (which he didn't) or if we had mutual friends (which we don't, which is major red flag for me, why not add the other new starters, couldn't be because they're all lads, is it?) I probably would have accepted, but the persistence has actually unnerved me.

But no, someone who has a legitimate complaint about some weirdo adding them on Facebook is looking for attention. Of course.

Ah I'm only messing, relax.

Ah I'm only messing, relax.

Sorry, I had a pretty creepy experience with another weirdo last year, half thinking of deleting FB but need it for contacting people abroad and for groups I'm a member of. Pals again? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sorry, I had a pretty creepy experience with another weirdo last year...
    Hey! That was just a misunderstanding. Those holiday photos were just resting on my hard drive.

Sorry, I had a pretty creepy experience with another weirdo last year, half thinking of deleting FB but need it for contacting people abroad and for groups I'm a member of. Pals again? :)

Haha defo :L

HOW do people not realise that Waterford Whispers is a joke site? The amount of comments on their articles going: "Ah dat's a ****in disgrasce, Enda suld be kild nd dem ****ers alwys tryna screw us over!"

I really do despair for people!

HOW do people not realise that Waterford Whispers is a joke site? The amount of comments on their articles going: "Ah dat's a ****in disgrasce, Enda suld be kild nd dem ****ers alwys tryna screw us over!"

I really do despair for people!

It's absolutely priceless. The people writing it are geniuses. The best comedy writing in Ireland at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Does anyone else get weirded out with people knowing somebody that died and covering their Facebook with pictures of that person for months afterwards??

I know it must help people, but I've seen it so much that it feels like it's not really people who were all that close, as the one's who were that close would not be on Facebook the same day talking about it....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement