Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

krudler wrote: »
    how many people here are going to renew their Elite sub?

anyone?

*tumbleweed*

I cant even remember the last time I went into Elite, its just an unused icon on the xmb these days.

One of the biggest regrets I have was wasting the extra money on it for maps I can't get a game on, through to clan ops that rarely happen and when they do are in game modes that I don't play, at times in the night when I'm too busy hitting prostitutes in the mouth with a sock full of door knobs.

Although saying that, I did like the map packs on blops and Treyarch generally put things together better,so hopefully Elite might actually work this time around and be worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

how many people here are going to renew their Elite sub?

anyone?

*tumbleweed*

I cant even remember the last time I went into Elite, its just an unused icon on the xmb these days.

I don't have it now but if BLOPS2 maps are good I'd consider it for the DLC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I'd be a cheerleader for Elite if they actually gave the community BLOPS and W@W map lobbies to Premium Members. They'd already have our money so no need to worry about DLC sales dropping.

They could also incorporate some kind of clan integration. They could really take a few tips from the FIFA franchise with leagues etc. Perhaps install some kind of betting MLG pro gamer system where money/prizes can be won. That would take the series to a whole new level - I believe Treyarch actually said they're looking into MLG. The Professionals haven't seen COD as a great platform but that could change...

We should also get mod tools with Elite or some kind of map editor. They're going to have to offer us something, Elite could be so much more than just a load of ould stats that get boring after 10 seconds. Besides, didn't BLOPS give us all these kinds of stats for free?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

COD4/MW2 Maps>>all

COD4/MW2 Maps>>all

Agreed but there's no way we'll see Respawn Entertainment made maps in a Treyarch game. I wanted COD4/MW2 maps in MW3. But Treyarch should definitely put their older maps into BLOPS2 - Cliffside, Summit, Firing Range, Nuketown, Castle. They were great. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

COD4/MW2 Maps>>all

indeed, Crossfire, Overgrown, Strike, Crash, Terminal, Afghan, Favela, Wasteland (I like it!), awesome maps. of Blops I liked Nuketown, Summit and a coupel fo others I cant remember the names of, on MW3 Mission, Hardhat, Lockdown and Black Box, the rest are crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Is it possible to transfer Elite status does anyone know?

Is it possible to transfer Elite status does anyone know?

Haven't a clue but wouldn't have thought so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I would imagine not tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ah well. I was going to be a good Samaritan and pass mine to someone who might actually use it.

Thought that counts an all that :o

• Advertisement

^ reminds me of the music from Deus Ex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wonder were the blops maps as bad as everyone let on or was it just a result of the bad graphics making people think the maps were bad?

I wonder were the blops maps as bad as everyone let on or was it just a result of the bad graphics making people think the maps were bad?

some were good, Hanoi is possible the most boring map on any fps I've ever played. Nuketown and Summit were both awesomethe one with the rocket was ok, they're not a patch on COD4 and MW2 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

some were good, Hanoi is possible the most boring map on any fps I've ever played. Nuketown and Summit were both awesomethe one with the rocket was ok, they're not a patch on COD4 and MW2 though

Firing range was immense too! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

and crisis!! wait.. what?

stadium was pretty great as was Havana! but Summit was top of list for me!

hypermuse wrote: »

Loved Summit!! Trying for quad nads at the start of DOM was great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

ugglasdav wrote: »

That guys voice annoys me. And also, he is most certainly wrong about those screenshots of maps being legit simply because the road is far too wide to be in a COD game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,109 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hypermuse wrote: »

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Since when is the campaign in call of duty referred to as story mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

cloud493 wrote: »
    Since when is the campaign in call of duty referred to as story mode?

Since Black Ops 2 :rolleyes:

A bit of a hissy fit going on a the moment...

Apparently, Infinity Ward are kicking up a fuss with Activision because a contract both parties signed stated that Infinity Ward were the sole development studio permitted to release a post-Vietnam COD product. As the world and his wife know by now, Treyarch have broken that going into the future.

Some people on Youtube are even saying BLOPS2 might be delayed because of this.. wtf?

_Gawd_ wrote: »

Apparently, Infinity Ward are kicking up a fuss with Activision because a contract both parties signed stated that Infinity Ward were the sole development studio permitted to release a post-Vietnam COD product. As the world and his wife know by now, Treyarch have broken that going into the future.

Some people on Youtube are even saying BLOPS2 might be delayed because of this.. wtf?

It won't really delay anything, they'll just get money from it more than likely. If anything at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

sounds like Publicity to me. Would be genuinely surprised if a contract stipulation such as the one they are suing over would be overlooked by Activision. Sounds like a pretty big stipulation to miss.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

_Gawd_ wrote: »

Not a chance of that happening.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    It's the same as the No Russian scene. Newspapers and websites went around saying that there was an extremely controversial mission in the game that was violent and should be removed. So what does that do? Plasters CoD on all medias without a single cent of payment. Free publicity.

Bang on the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bloody nonsense.

Would have liked to see a modern warfare game made by Treyarch.

Can't wait to dolphin dive again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You've got to wonder the thought processes was going on behind that division of CoD, Treyarch got the sh*t end of the stick big time by being so limited in future development but Activision would have had to rubber stamped it. Treyarch didn't really leave themselves with many options in how to advance their series but presumably wanted in on the CoD franchise enough to take the poor terms.

The article seems ambiguous in one area, were the terms of the contract drawn up when West and Zampella were still part of IW, and it's that iteration of IW they've broken the contract with? Or is it the present day iteration of IW that they've broken the contract with (a second lawsuit)? Either way it also shows a complete lack of adherence to a contract from Activision/Treyarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

yimrsg wrote: »
    You've got to wonder the thought processes was going on behind that division of CoD, Treyarch got the sh*t end of the stick big time by being so limited in future development but Activision would have had to rubber stamped it. Treyarch didn't really leave themselves with many options in how to advance their series but presumably wanted in on the CoD franchise enough to take the poor terms.

The article seems ambiguous in one area, were the terms of the contract drawn up when West and Zampella were still part of IW, and it's that iteration of IW they've broken the contract with? Or is it the present day iteration of IW that they've broken the contract with (a second lawsuit)? Either way it also shows a complete lack of adherence to a contract from Activision/Treyarch.

You should have like a blog or a podcast :P

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    It's the same as the No Russian scene. Newspapers and websites went around saying that there was an extremely controversial mission in the game that was violent and should be removed. So what does that do? Plasters CoD on all medias without a single cent of payment. Free publicity.

To be fair, that mission is training us all to be child murdering maniacs who don't know that murdering innocents is a bad move. :P

Advertisement