Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I see Boylesports have changed the conditions of their "Money back if Ireland score" offer

Originally they were offering money back on both goalscorer bets & correct score bets if Ireland scored (excl 0-0 bets) but now it only applies to first, last, & anytime goalscorer bets

Missed it myself, was going to wait until the day of the matches when I was hoping they would lengthen the 1-0 & 2-0 scorelines from what they are now

:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

There's some fantastic specials out there.

Top Premier League Goalscorer at Euro 2012
    Torres @ 8/1
    Jelovic @ 20/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,623 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You have to fancy Spain against Italy big time

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Headshot wrote: »

Good call.

Italy are really out of sorts with the match fixing scandal.

Lost 3-0 to Russia earlier this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

France for me, if engerland are 12s how are France 11s, far better side in my opinion. Torres at 8/1 to be top prem scorer is worth a few I think RVP aside he's gotta be in with a chance

Bets
    Outright holland and France
    Prem top scorer torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Headshot wrote: »

Has Prandelli got Italy set in a 3-5-2 formation or is it just a test?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

PP has the first Irish player to score in the tournament special
    Robbie Keane at 9/2. surely thats good !

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ashley Young to be England's Top Goalscorer @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

No Lampard, Rooney missing for the opening two games, Gerrard playing deeper and on the wane, err Carroll... yeah.

Welbeck might get the nod and it could be a worry, or possibly if England get a couple of penalties. I think Gerrard will take them till Rooney is back. But well worth chancing a tenner me thinks on Young who seems to relish the international stage. England's joint top goalscorer in qualifying too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Got 6/1 on Ireland to get out of the group in Boyles today enhanced from 4's.Excellent value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

thebison wrote: »
    There's some fantastic specials out there.

Top Premier League Goalscorer at Euro 2012
    Torres @ 8/1
    Jelovic @ 20/1
    wouldn't think much of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Excellent offer in Ladbrokes for the Euro's in the Top Goalscorer Market

Bet €20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free €5 bet for every goal the player scores
    It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet €10 e/w as long as the total is €20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

handicap bets on all engerlands opposition +1

and ireland +1 vs croatia

anyone can get odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

-Ade- wrote: »
    Ashley Young to be England's Top Goalscorer @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

No Lampard, Rooney missing for the opening two games, Gerrard playing deeper and on the wane, err Carroll... yeah.

Welbeck might get the nod and it could be a worry, or possibly if England get a couple of penalties. I think Gerrard will take them till Rooney is back. But well worth chancing a tenner me thinks on Young who seems to relish the international stage. England's joint top goalscorer in qualifying too.

That is an excellent bet imo. Think I'll follow you on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

handicap bets on all engerlands opposition +1

and ireland +1 vs croatia

anyone can get odds?

Ireland +1 v Croatia 4/6
    France+1 v England is 4/11

no odds available on Bet365 as of yet for the other games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Radonman wrote: »

Bet ?20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free ?5 bet for every goal the player scores It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet ?10 e/w as long as the total is ?20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though
    now that is a good offer for a score but no more or you are better off going elsewhere for best price.

link to offer terms?

• Advertisement

Radonman wrote: »

Bet €20 or more on a scorer and they will give you a free €5 bet for every goal the player scores
    It also stands for E/W odds so you can bet €10 e/w as long as the total is €20 or more - You need to have an Odds On Card though
    Formation wrote: »
    now that is a good offer for a score but no more or you are better off going elsewhere for best price.

link to offer terms?

Yea, i agree with you about the offer as it also adds a bit to every game your pick is playing in too but the prices are generally a bit worse (ie Torres @ 14's but @ 16's with P/P. I dont have a link as i picked up betting sheet in shop about it - available nationwide i'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Poland 11/4 to win their group. Bit large considering the group and home advantage.

Portugal same price to finish last in theirs. I just don't rate them at all.

Croatia to qualify 7/4. At the expense of Italy, they seem in disarray.

France 7/4 to win their group. I think they'll beat England and have is sewn up

What to do what to do....

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wonder what are the odds for Ronaldo not to score a single goal for Portugal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

inforfun wrote: »
    Last nights friendly vs Slovakia most likely showed Hollands 4 attacking players for the Euros:

Robben - Sneijder - Affelay
    Van Persie

Affelay being the best man on the pitch.

Now if only a proper left back was born before the tournament started.

Looks like you called this right. A 6-0 win last night with Huntelaar starting on the bench. Can't see him starting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Afellay to be Barca's top scorer at 16's is surely worth a punt. Has been in great scoring form for Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    France
    Spain
    @ 3.68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

An accumulator on group winners Spain, France, Russia and Germany pays 20/1 with PP.
    If you fancy a bit of reward a similar accumulator on Croatia, Greece, Germany and France pays 250/1.
    If only 1 leg fails PP will refund bet.
    Given that Germany and France are favourites to top group that has a lot of potential.

An accumulator on group winners Spain, France, Russia and Germany pays 20/1 with PP.
    If you fancy a bit of reward a similar accumulator on Croatia, Greece, Germany and France pays 250/1.
    Given that Germany and France are favourites to top group that has a lot of potential.

I did that bet this morning but didnt hear about the offer. Will I get the refund?

Have the same bet as you except Poland instead of Russia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BETFRED - Benzema enhanced to 4/1 to be France's top scorer at Euro 2012, offer ends 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Afellay to be Barca's top scorer at 16's is surely worth a punt. Has been in great scoring form for Netherlands

He is playing well.
    He is also having the "benefit" of being really fit for this tournament after being out for 8 months. No heavy full season in the legs.

Great bet i think, can see any Barca player with 2 goals winning the barca top scorer bet and Affelay certainly has a big chance of just doing that.

Only scored 5 in 38 though for Holland but have to mention those 5 came in his last 9. And only now will be really seen as first choice, most of the 38 he came off he bench.

Where does one make those "top scorer of their club during Euro2012" bets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ShaneU wrote: »
    BETFRED - Benzema enhanced to 4/1 to be France's top scorer at Euro 2012, offer ends 2pm

It is one of their promotions. I saw it on their Android App.

inforfun wrote: »

He is playing well.
    He is also having the "benefit" of being really fit for this tournament after being out for 8 months. No heavy full season in the legs.

Great bet i think, can see any Barca player with 2 goals winning the barca top scorer bet and Affelay certainly has a big chance of just doing that.

Only scored 5 in 38 though for Holland but have to mention those 5 came in his last 9. And only now will be really seen as first choice, most of the 38 he came off he bench.

Where does one make those "top scorer of their club during Euro2012" bets?

Paddy Power. Never saw in store. I use my phone for all my betting.

6/1 now. FFS, either I read it wrong or a serious amount of money has been put on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I like Iniesta to be player of the tournament at 14/1. I'm not just going by his performance against a well-organised China. I just reckon he'll run the show yet again in Spain's midfield and have a great Euros.

6/1 now. FFS, either I read it wrong or a serious amount of money has been put on him

He has been the best Dutch player in both last friendlies.
    Dont think you saw it wrong.
    PP had it wrong with the 16/1

Van Marwijk has a soft spot for Affelay. Dont think many other players would have been selected after not playing the entire season.
    He rates him amongst Van Persie and Sneijder as it comes to being important for the team.

6/1 is still value i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 nadasky08

Made a few quid of the Player of the Tournament betting for the World Cup and Euro 2008. I see Mesut Ozil is 10/1 in some places but top price 14/1. Gonna have a few pound on that!:D

Afellay is 12/1 with Stan James to be top Barca scorer (10/1 with Victor Chandler)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭EDudder

Surely that's great value.

Famous last words but it's hard to see that going wrong. And at most, you would imagine only one to go wrong.

We'll wait and see though haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Holland at 2/1 to win out their group. They should be near enough joint favs for that with Germany. Instead Germany are the ridiculous price of Evens, leaving the Dutch as a bit of value

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Holland at 2/1 to win out their group. They should be near enough joint favs for that with Germany. Instead Germany are the ridiculous price of Evens, leaving the Dutch as a bit of value

Holland - Denmark H2H

Holland - Germany H2H

Holland - Portugal H2H

Said it earlier in this thread, those are not great H2H stats.
    Holland will have done well when they get out of that group, dont even want to think about winning the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The more I think about it 6/4 France to beat England looks a great bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

England to finish last in their group is 5/1

and England to get 0 points is 40/1 (not impossible).

Afflay top Barcelona scorer 12/1.

all with stan james.

Anyone got an opinion on the England bets?
    My thinking is its their worst squad of players they have brought
    to a championship and it could all go badly wrong for them.

• Advertisement

I think England will do better than people are making out. For the first time in ages they have a class goalkeeper. They are solid at the back and if Hodgson sets them up right they wont concede much. They also have pace in Young and Walcott and Wellbeck looks in good form. I expect them to get out of group at least. All depends how good France are. Are they overrated. Their midfield is meant to be weak and I think Mvilla picked up an injury. Nasri, Rivery wont do much defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is that 20/1 a special going to go to pp in awhile and back that. Fancy a few bets think they are great prices.

Spain 3/4 against Italy.
    Germany 5/6 v Portugal.
    France 6/4 v England.
    Russia 13/10 v Poland.
    France 10/11 v Sweeden.
    Ireland 16/5 v Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

I think England will do better than people are making out. For the first time in ages they have a class goalkeeper. They are solid at the back and if Hodgson sets them up right they wont concede much. They also have pace in Young and Walcott and Wellbeck looks in good form. I expect them to get out of group at least. All depends how good France are. Are they overrated. Their midfield is meant to be weak and I think Mvilla picked up an injury. Nasri, Rivery wont do much defending.

This tournament is the lowest expectations ever I can recall for England, even their media and fans dont rate them
    this might actually work in their favour, as in they dont have much to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

robbie1977 wrote: »
    England to finish last in their group is 5/1

and England to get 0 points is 40/1 (not impossible).

Afflay top Barcelona scorer 12/1.

all with stan james.

Anyone got an opinion on the England bets?
    My thinking is its their worst squad of players they have brought
    to a championship and it could all go badly wrong for them.

I can't see either of those England bets coming in, however I think they may struggle to qualify. I feel Ukraine will finsih bottom with 0 or possibly 1 point and England will finish 3rd with either 2 or 4 points. This leaves Sweden 2nd with 5 points and France top with 7. The reason I see this happening is Sweden play Ukraine first, so a win here and a draw against England in the second game will leave them on 4 and leave England needing a win against Ukraine in their final game assuming they lose to France in the opener. Sweden will then be up against most likely a 2nd string French side in their last game and should do enough to get a point. So even if england beat Ukraine in the final game they still wont qualify. I think England will concede very little but also score very little - probably 0 goals v France, 1 at best v Sweden and maybe 2 or 3 v Ukraine when Rooney is back.

One of my favourite football sites, www.zonalmarking.net, has started a series of articles on the upcoming EURO championships with a good in-depth look at each of the teams.

Poland & Russia are done already. Looking forward to the others in the week to come.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/euro-2012/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone know who'll be starting up top for Spain. Lot of people thinking Llorente, but he hasn't played at all in the last 3 friendlies. Is this just because hes had a long season?

If i thought negredo was a possible starter 14/1 to be spains top scorer is fairly good value.

Another few are: Portugal to finish bottom of the group @ 11/4
    Italy bottom of the group @ 5/1
    Holland/France final @ 50/1

• Advertisement

After much Debating these are my picks for the top goalscorer
    Value bet
    Ibrahimovic @ 50/1 with PP - I reckon he could score enough in the group games to win this plus 9 of their 10 qualifying games provided three or more goals therefore there are goals in that team, plus he is on peno's
    Long Shot
    Ozil @ 66/1 Lad / PP - Gremany have scored 3 or more in 8 of thier 10 qualifers and Ozil got 5, now i know he only got 6 in the whole Spanish season but with their open attacking style, why not :p
    Main Bet
    Benzema @ 14/1 Lads (because of their special offer posted earlier) - Enough said about him already:D:D

I'm going to put a small wager on Ukraine no wins @ 6/4 with PP - There build up has been brutal and i just cant see them getting a win in group D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

KNOCKOUT GAMES TO GO TO PENALTIES
    there wil be 7 k/o games in the tourney,4 qrt/finals, 2 s/f and the final.
    29% of k/o games since 1980 have gone to penalties(avg. 2.03 games per tournament)
    2008-2 games
    2004-2 games
    2000-1 game (france scored peno with 2 mins left in semi final & also scored winner of final in 2nd half of ET)
    this suggests that 2 games is prob the most sensible bet if there is value,i think that it has a chance of going 2+ as teams these days are much more wary of losing k/o games.

RECOMMENDED BETS
    1. two or more games 3.00 betvictor(this is one i am taking)
    2. exactly two games 4.00 paddy power
    3. three or more games 8.50 paddy power

TEAM TO CONCEDE MOST GOALS
    there might be some value in markets like this as they are overlooked because most punters want to bet on goals scored markets.
    looking back to past tourneys
    2008- turkey conceded 7,they went to semi-final
    2004- bulgaria(9)group stage,conceded 5 in opening game v sweden.portugal were next worst(7) and they went to final.
    2000- yugoslavia(13) qrt final
    teams that qualify from group stages do well here.
    sweden conceded 11 in qualifying,9 of those versus top 4 in group.
    group D (sweden group)is touted as the second most likely high scoring group
    portugal conceded 12 in qualifying,8 versus top 4 in group.
    group B (portugal group)includes germany and holland who top scored in qualifying.
    portugal were in a 5 team group,sweden in a 6 team including san marino who scored zero so effectively a 5 team group.

RECOMMENDED BETS
    1.portugal 19.00 paddy power
    2.sweden 12.00 skybet

TEAM TO CONCEDE THE LEAST GOALS
    the teams that are fav to win the tournament are also at the top of the betting here which seems to make litle sense as the will probably play more games and therefore have more chance of conceding.
    looking back the years it seems that teams who concede least are eliminated early or are a top team who are defensively brilliant.
    group A+C look most likely to produce the winner of this market.
    group A-greece conceded 5 in qualifying,2 against top 4 in group.
    group C-italy conceded 2 in qualifying,2 against top 4 in group.

RECOMMENDED BETS
    1.italy 10.00 paddy power
    2.greece 19.00 paddy power

OUTRIGHT WINNER
    ok,this will be where most disagreements come as we will all be pitching opinions from mostly similiar shortlists.
    i will break down my pick as simply as i can.
    firstly,czech,greece,poland,russia,denmark,crotia, ireland,ukraine,sweden and england(leaving myself open to abuse here) ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND WILL BE FOUND WANTING AT SOME STAGE
    this leaves 6
    SPAIN
    GERMANY
    HOLLAND
    PORTUGAL
    FRANCE
    ITALY
    holland and portugal concede too many goals and this will be their downfall,4 left.
    spain have had a very successful few campaigns but are beginning to look tired as a squad and missing puyol and villa wont help,3 left.
    italian football is being rocked by scandal at the moment and it has involved people in the international set-up,are there more players/officials going to be implicated in all this?enough reason for a no-bet if stuff comes out late tournament,2 left.

germany and france,i could give loads of reasons to pick either,they both have a great history in the comp,germany went 10/10 in qualifying scoring 34 goals and deserve to be in the top 2 in the betting but ultimately for me these tournaments are won by teams who improve as it goes on and i reckon germany could be on the wane and bayern providing 7 or 8 of the starting 11 could work against them.
    france look to have a squad with lots of experience who are not too old,around 16 of the squad will have played in at least 2 qualifying games which gives loads of options on the bench and most importantly their top players are coming into the tourny on a high(nasri,malouda,benzema)

RECOMMENDED BET
    1. france 13.00 various

• Advertisement
Advertisement