Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ced1294b81ca49bd081503d90f5f5049.png

This gambling stuff will be the death of me , shaking after that :P , still a .5 point win feels good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

well anyone staying up to watch Peyton Manning try rip off one of the worst secondaries in the league? As usual i preview the thursday game on my blog

Mention betting denver points looks well served to this type of game. Amazing how broncos have turned around from the team in the 1st half of the chargers game.

Well NFL week 14, some key games, many teams in play off hunt against teams a loss away from being out of race,

As usual I am blogging some previews in fact, I have two of live games, first is ravens @ redskins blog here. Click around to see how i got on before .

I think the bengals might beat the cowboys who are dealing with death of practice squad member and the likely imprisonment of a starting defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

manafana wrote: »
    Well NFL week 14, some key games, many teams in play off hunt against teams a loss away from being out of race,

As usual I am blogging some previews in fact, I have two of live games, first is ravens @ redskins blog here. Click around to see how i got on before .

I think the bengals might beat the cowboys who are dealing with death of practice squad member and the likely imprisonment of a starting defender.

Excellent blogging.

I wouldn't be the biggest NFL enthusiast but I did watch the Redskins game last week and they have a lethal running game with a dedicated defence.

Agree with just about everything said. Have €50 on the Redskins hcap anyway, think they can do it. Hope I haven't jinxed it now.

Mike hope you had the -2.5 and not the -3 which would give you a push, redskins really should have pushed home that early lead

Just some thought on Bengals@Eagles not most mouth watering clash but keen see how AJ Green can do against the eagles corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Had a look at your blog there manafana but I think the Bengels will bounce back in a big way tonight. The Eagles are depleted on offense plus they will find it hard protect Foles and Green should be too hot for the corners to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

manafana wrote: »
    Mike hope you had the -2.5 and not the -3 which would give you a push, redskins really should have pushed home that early lead

Sure did Manafana.

Between your blog and Mike Carlson's , I think I'm pretty much set up informationwise on this sport now.

Thanks.

Sure did Manafana.

Between your blog and Mike Carlson's , I think I'm pretty much set up informationwise on this sport now.

Thanks.

Mike is a credit to the support love him on c4 nfl

10 nil, Bengels so far

good response from the Eagles and Foles, 10-7

• Advertisement

great job by the Philly D game on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

horrific performance from the Philly offense . Bengals win but very unimpressive. Cant see the Bungals getting a playoff spot with that type of play.

horrific performance from the Philly offense . Bengals win but very unimpressive. Cant see the Bungals getting a playoff spot with that type of play.
    I thought the Bengel D and ST in particular were impressive, glad I took the -4.5 now, only had a small punt on it.

my moneys on the packers reasons here

great line up on sky sports tonight

Good calling tonight manafana, I don't have the money to be backing heavily on single games but like to do the fools bet for a bit of interest, the money I won on the Bengels was put on a 5 team accum with the Steelers letting me down

Good calling tonight manafana, I don't have the money to be backing heavily on single games but like to do the fools bet for a bit of interest, the money I won on the Bengels was put on a 5 team accum with the Steelers letting me down

im starting scare myself with how close some of predictions are a good chunk of time, all the games i blog i analysis a lot more, and it tends pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭markc91

Anything on the pats game?

i fancy the pats mysel big time, i think they should cover the spread easily

im on patriots -4 as mentioend on another part forum, interested in pacfic coast teams going on east coast

If we look at the spread records of the four Pacific Standard Time teams when they play a game in Eastern Standard Time, we'll get the following:
    Oakland 5-9
    San Diego 7-10
    San Francisco 4-8
    Seattle 4-8

records upto 2010 i think

I wasn't expecting this start from SF, long way to go yet

• Advertisement

big call there, this will be one of the better comebacks in recent times if Brady and co can pull this off, only 7 in it now, 12 mins to go

brady been so much better in the no huddle since going 28pts down, def has done well most night kepping them in it, 1.01 for few hundred might be gubbed, 200k matched on 1.02 49ers.

serious stuff this, enjoying this one, hope the pats see it out now

mmmmm, 2 quick plays and there is 7 in it again, can't take your eyes off this for a second

thats the game, although they give up 21 in the last 1/4 the 49ers hold on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

So I've been told, nay forced, to bump this thread over punishment of death. Have a few bets for this final NFL regular season weekend round, its a tough couple of games to call in that other than the few 'safe' options, I think most games can go either way with the odd exception, so I've gone with my 'safe' options. All bets are from PP.

Seahawks over 26.5 @4/5
    Broncos over 29.0 @ 5/6
    Titans/Jaguars under 41.5 @ 10/11

Treble makes it approx 5/1 - €8 returns €50.40

Just a bit of reasoning for my bets:

Seahawks are in astounding form at home this season scoring freely with an average of 30.1 points/per game scored at home. In contrast to that, the Rams, while shaky at the start of the season have found a bit of form since their tie game at the 49ers, which spurred them on to their current 3 game away win streak. Despite this streak, I feel the Seahawks at home are just too much for them.

The Broncos' game is pretty much self explanatory. One of the best teams in the league with a record of 12-0-3, with just that one defeat at home versus one of the worst, if not the worst team in the league this year. Their last away win goes back to September

Titans/Jaguars is a non runner in regards to a game with any consequences. The Titans will want to win their final home game in front of their own fans, the Jags will want to avoid being the worst team in the league all season (I think they're safe with the Chiefs playing the Broncos). Can't see anything stellar here with both sides just wanting the season to be over.

Just an aside as I can't find a market for it on PP, Falcons to beat the Buccaneers. Easily. Falcons over 25 is a good bet if you can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Taking a chance on Over 182.5 @ 1.96 in the Indiana vs Atlanta game.

Have not had a NBA bet in quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Taking a chance on Over 182.5 @ 1.96 in the Indiana vs Atlanta game.

Have not had a NBA bet in quite some time.

109 - 100 FT
    (209 Points)
    :D

Love football NFL end of season tonight, and 3 cracking live games for us to saviour

The bears go and head to the Lions to try keep themselves in play off race on my blog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Gone with this in the NFL later.

6pm Bears -3 @ evens (single)

9.25pm Patriots -6.5
    Packers -2.5
    (double @ around 6/5)

Good luck. Its a bit of a minefield with it being the last games of the reg season.

Advertisement