Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Got an email fro FocalPrice today with this dashcam featured
    http://www.focalprice.com/ER1615X/Mini_X3000_15_COMS_50_M_1080P_Drive_Recorder_with_Motion.html?utm_source=Radica&utm_medium=EM&utm_campaign=FP_1321NR_ER1615X
    Could anyone with any knolledge on these yokes give me a heads up on whether its worth it.
    Or sugget an alternative.
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

gurramok wrote: »
    Spotted this on my drive today(timestamp is wrong), 2 cyclists just didn't care about their own safety or the safety of pedestrians.

The last cyclist is a total moron. Someday some innocent driver will be up in court for killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The last cyclist is a total moron. Someday some innocent driver will be up in court for killing him.

I witnessed a lad in a school uniform nearly knock an old man similar to that I blew the horn and F'ed him out of it - old man thanked me

In hindsight I should have printed out his still and bought it up to his school - little **** :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

What was she thinking I wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

RootX wrote: »

Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Even though the sound is muted, I can still hear you cursing and swearing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Tallon wrote: »
    Even though the sound is muted, I can still hear you cursing and swearing :D

It was one of these moments where, while cursing and swearing, I glanced at the rear view mirror and noticed the driver of the car behind me fuming as well, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

Half asleep i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Was she thinking? Ever? You sure? :confused:

She's just waiting for green to become greener. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Another idiot that should not be on the road. Those lights were red 5 seconds. They are the type that will block a main road doing 75kmh in a 100 zone, and then drive through town 50 zones at 75kmh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

What is it with micras:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

blingrhino wrote: »
    What is it with micras:eek:

Might have something to do with the steering :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

RustyNut wrote: »
    Might have something to do with the steering :D

Yeah, it's the nut that holds the steering wheel. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭blackbox

Nissan have just announced a recall for those nuts that hold the steering wheel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22635439

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

blackbox wrote: »
    Nissan have just announced a recall for those nuts that hold the steering wheel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22635439

:D

Nissan can recall the drivers now?? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

If you where to open her brain, you will find this at the controls:

5bwallcoo-com-5d-lovely-rabbit-picture-da033008s.jpg

The rabbit has probably more going on in it's brain than her. Just seems to be something with Micra drivers, though not as much the new ones, they have all migrated to the Yaris, judging by the fact that it's mostly those that swerve all over the road at 30 km/h and indicating left and turning right.
    But since it's a woman and she probably drives everywhere very slowly (if badly), she's Uncle Gaybo's favourite driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Check out this dude in Russia

This video is REALLY where a "dash cam saves your ass" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I'm sorry to jump in right at the end and I apologise if this has already been covered in the previous 103 pages that I haven't read...

Having nearly got wiped at Merrion gates yesterday evening by a prat coming through a red light when I had a right turn green filter light I've decided to buy a dash cam. The quality of your videos on this link is good - what cams are you guys using? Pros / Cons? Where to buy?

Thanks!
    SUMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

sumo12 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to jump in right at the end and I apologise if this has already been covered in the previous 103 pages that I haven't read...

Having nearly got wiped at Merrion gates yesterday evening by a prat coming through a red light when I had a right turn green filter light I've decided to buy a dash cam. The quality of your videos on this link is good - what cams are you guys using? Pros / Cons? Where to buy?

Thanks!
    SUMO

Have you got a smartphone ? I just use the witness app on an iphone, does the job. Got a suction cup holder in a vodaphone shop for €10

Yep, an iphone 4..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Thanks!
    SUMO

We have a thread for dashcam recommendations etc. here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Tallon wrote: »
    Pull out and let them merge!
    No, they are merging from his rear, at greater speed, therefore his pulling out to the sacred overtaking lane will result in his being undertaken, also holding up the faster traffic e.g focus already in fast lane.
    Now if they had been merging ahead, if necessary he could have moved over.

It is up to those merging to accelarate hard to merging speed, and if they need help THEN motorists should help them.
    This crack of labouring out onto a motorway at 5th with engine at 1500 rpm is another of my pet hates. But if they are merging at my front, sure I will move out for them.

We have a thread for dashcam recommendations etc. here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

Oops thank you.. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Yep, an iphone 4..

Same as myself, The witness app works fine and its only €0.89. Quality is good but obviously some of the proper cameras will be much better. Would do the job untill you get one though

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

A funny thing happened on the way to work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Páid wrote: »
    A funny thing happened on the way to work this morning.

TBH I can't really see that funny thing.

It might look unusual for people from Ireland to hit a bear, but it would probably look equally unusual for people from the Continent if I put up a video of hitting sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DIESEL TOM

what funny about knocking down a bear :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I LOLD hahahahahahaha
    Me too and TBH the bear should have used the green cross code :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement