Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So she'll fit right in the MCU, amirite?

Who's amirite in the marvel universe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Who's amirite in the marvel universe?
    Amirite Meme, she only appeared in a few comics. Very sarcastic character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Amirite Meme, she only appeared in a few comics. Very sarcastic character.

Don't think she has the chops to handle that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Any future Hulk outings planned (outside of the Avengers sequels)? I'm guessing not after the so-so success of the Norton one.

That would be great- I thought Mark Ruffalo was brilliant in Avengers Assemble.

jenn1984 wrote: »
    That would be great- I thought Mark Ruffalo was brilliant in Avengers Assemble.

Let him be a team member for a while then do a Planet Hulk on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

cloud493 wrote: »
    But she doesn't have any acting talent. Or charisma.

So she's perfect for MODOK then :pac:
    2245425-2_modok.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well I presume he has to have the ability to have different facial expressions, which I fear she lacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Just get Andy Serkis to performance capture her role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Let him be a team member for a while then do a Planet Hulk on it

Only problem with that is Mark Ruffalo is already 47 so he'll probably be into his 50's before he gets his own Hulk movie. Have there been any Hulks over the 50 mark?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,164 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Only problem with that is Mark Ruffalo is already 47 so he'll probably be into his 50's before he gets his own Hulk movie. Have there been any Hulks over the 50 mark?

Don't think his age is an issue since the human part of the Hulk isn't a particularly physical role.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not MCU but still Marvel.

FOX Is Planning an X-Men Television Show.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/26/fox-is-planning-an-x-men-television-show/

David Tennant joins the cast of Netflix's Jessica Jones.
    Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that David Tennant will star as the villainous Kilgrave in "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following "Marvel's Daredevil."

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23978/david_tennant_joins_marvels_aka_jessica_jones_for_netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Sorry for my ignorance but do we know if these new Marvel shows will be in anyway linked to each other? ie will "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" be linked to "AOS" or anything?

Well it'll all be set in the same universe, I can't imagine cameos are out of the question. Or even crossovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not MCU but still Marvel.

FOX Is Planning an X-Men Television Show.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/26/fox-is-planning-an-x-men-television-show/

Didn't this happen in the 90's with Mutant X?:pac:

I always thought there was good potential in a Buffy-esque style series based on students in the school along the lines of the new mutants, Gen X, or New X-men series'. Although the Madrox X-Factor show would be another good idea, the first few years of it as a group of PI's are some really good stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

macslash wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance but do we know if these new Marvel shows will be in anyway linked to each other? ie will "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" be linked to "AOS" or anything?

They'll all exist within the same universe as far as I know. But, with AOS being on ABC and Jessica Jones being on Netflix for example, chances are there'll be little to no crossover, likely just throwaway references or sly nods.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, I'd say there's a possibility of Coulson appearing in the new shows, as he's a character from the movies. But since they've decided to keep him out of the new movies (because not everyone watches the tv show) they probably won't even bother with that.

My guess will be that Age of Ultron will introduce a load of small characters that will be free to cross over into any other show and not interfere will the film plots.

Coulson will probably appear in the newer films again though. Considering how much the show is tied to the film universe it is a bit silly that they all still think that he is dead.

Penn wrote: »
    They'll all exist within the same universe as far as I know. But, with AOS being on ABC and Jessica Jones being on Netflix for example, chances are there'll be little to no crossover, likely just throwaway references or sly nods.

Netflix have a huge deal with Disney.

Disney own ABC and it was Disney who went to Netflix to make these shows.

So crossovers ( Cameos )are very likely as Disney will let there contracted staff crossover would be the way I see it.

• Advertisement

A fan made trailer for Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus for a fan made trailer, that is pretty ****ing sweet. Will it ever be revealed to the Avengers eventually that Coulson is still alive??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This is a glorious day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Nice, only way they could have done it really. Hopefully Sony will actually listen to Feign in regards to their *sigh* re-reboot.

I think it's a real shame that Garfield is gone but truth be told he's probably happy to be free of Sony. His enthusiasm seemed to have been killed whole promoting TASM2,

10363780_570312056439517_789672277432680955_n.jpg?oh=65bfaec5c6f1272bb9da2e5ad52fa08d&oe=5596BC2C&__gda__=1431886097_a89c263471b375ff6c006d469ca5eb25

Opening days for a number of films has now changed.

To accommodate for the movie, Disney - which owns Marvel Studios - has rescheduled some of its Marvel titles, including Thor: Ragnorak from July 28, 2017 to November 3, 2017 and Black Panther from November 3, 2017 to July 6, 2018.

Inhumans has also been shifted to summer 2019 and Captain Marvel moves to November 2018.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a627859/spider-man-to-enter-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-under-new-deal.html#~p3SVBZZU6YYSwN

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

YUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

10959302_847228288674051_6475063468251880025_n.jpg?oh=0297847d71404a31c27a2b12a34b361e&oe=554FABCF&__gda__=1431167095_ee82bc819c9517e0b8f089dab1168780

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Meh.

Not a fan of Spiderman and certainly not the committee designed cash-in with Garfield.

I don't think an already bloated universe needed another big character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reports on the 'web' that Garfield is getting replaced.

Advertisement