Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQDeN7E4amroT2RQD92wokBcNz9Umu1mN59XLHFNEhOc9mkrr5sQ

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Long live our honourable chairman Mao Meow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I find the iPhone hard for anything but dual stick and simple ganes

The iPhone feels like it was made for Cave shmups

Why don't we vote for a cat for the Aras?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone who is looking to kill a couple of days should get Ghost Trick for the Ds

Its one of the best think em ups ive ever played

Been looking for that game but every time I see it the bloody thing is going for mad money:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone who is looking to kill a couple of days should get Ghost Trick for the Ds

Its one of the best think em ups ive ever played

Seconding this. As a single title I'd rate it above any of the phoenix wright games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There was a kids tv show not so long ago.featuring a gentle, stop motion animation about a rural cottage, the guy in it had a cat called Mousey Tongue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The idea of using the Wii-U's pad as an arcade stick is kinda interesting, no? There can be a joystick add-on, maybe.

http://www.1up.com/features/11-wii-games-we-will-definitely-see?pager.offset=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The idea of using the Wii-U's pad as an arcade stick is kinda interesting, no? There can be a joystick add-on, maybe.

http://www.1up.com/features/11-wii-games-we-will-definitely-see?pager.offset=2

Doubtful since it's currently a single touch screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it hasn't got a microswitch clicky joystick and super sensitive sanwa buttons then it's not good enough as an arcade stick for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,257 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sanwa me hole, Seimitsu or nothing :p

/ edit - I take that back. Just felt wrong saying it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sanwa me hole

Sounds like a video title on Redtube!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Are you not disgusted by the consoles hooked up to LCDs? :p Just kidding. Be nice if there was something remotely like that over here alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Do any of you guys have a Hyper Neo Geo 64 setup going on? If so, would you happen to know if Beast Busters 2 plays near as awesome as it looks?

I have a Hyper 64. I don't have that game so cant comment on it.

I think I'd need a different version on the hyper 64 to play it anyway as I have the fighter version and you can only play fighters on that :(

• Advertisement

Nearly bought an SD card drive for the C64 there!
    A C64 that I don't actually own yet!
    Have to careful if I want to pay off the credit card before I'm 60!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Steve SI wrote: »
    I have a Hyper 64. I don't have that game so cant comment on it.

I think I'd need a different version on the hyper 64 to play it anyway as I have the fighter version and you can only play fighters on that :(

Do you have Buriki One? How does it play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nearly bought an SD card drive for the C64 there!
    A C64 that I don't actually own yet!
    Have to careful if I want to pay off the credit card before I'm 60!

How much was it going for?

And fcuk the card the banks will understand:D

Its around the 50 mark, not sure if you have to buy a daughter board or if it comes with one, so as to connect it up.
    It only supports disk images too, D64, not tape ones, T64, so I don't know if that hampers one with the games you'd want to play.
    SD2IEC

Would there not be an easy way to convert tap images to disk? I know the amstrad had a device that could copy the memory once a game had loaded to disc or tape. Might be a problem for multiloads though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Would there not be an easy way to convert tap images to disk? I know the amstrad had a device that could copy the memory once a game had loaded to disc or tape. Might be a problem for multiloads though.

Yep you can convert T64 files quite easily

I have converted a few for the speccy for tommorows beerfest

does anyone know if the most recent sbox 360 model plays original xbox games?:confused:

does anyone know if the most recent sbox 360 model plays original xbox games?:confused:
    Its ok, It can:cool:

It does, badly. The compatibility list that MS have is utter lies and very few original xbox games will actually play without a hitch on the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't rely on it, lot of issues with different games.

amacachi wrote: »
    Don't rely on it, lot of issues with different games.
    I just want fable and gta san andreas but they are a bit pricey to download directly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just picck up an original xbox, they're cheap enough. You could also get GTA for the PS2.

Or PC which would be the better bet due to all the great mods for the games. Any old PC will run them these days.

Just picck up an original xbox, they're cheap enough. You could also get GTA for the PS2.

Or... I could just get gta on xbox arcade:cool:
    Does anyone know of any epics on xbla?

I find the games on XBLA are way too expensive considering you could get the console with the game for the same price.

• Advertisement

I find the games on XBLA are way too expensive considering you could get the console with the game for the same price.
    Well I've never seen a xbox with Gta for 11 euro:rolleyes:
    Are you on xboxlive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

An original Xbox goes for what, 20-30 quid?

The emulation on the 360 is quite poor and seems to vary from console to console.

Well I've never seen a xbox with Gta for 11 euro:rolleyes:

Car boot sale. An xbox is not worth a lot of money.

Car boot sale. An xbox is not worth a lot of money.
    :p Il have a look round then

:p Il have a look round then

If you find one, softmod it and you'll have a media centre and emulation machine as well. Much better value than a virtual XBLA download.

If you find one, softmod it and you'll have a media centre and emulation machine as well. Much better value than a virtual XBLA download.
    Is it difficult to softmod one?

Not really but getting a lend or finding the right equipment and games that let you do it is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Do you have Buriki One? How does it play?

I do have it and must say I'm not a fan of it.
    Only played it for a few mins but it just didn't click.

Not really but getting a lend or finding the right equipment and games that let you do it is the problem.
    Seems like alot of bother, i already softmodded my wii for emulation

• Advertisement

I have an Xbox around here somewhere, may softmod it to give it super powers, or rather get Kerbdog to mod it to give it the power of streaming.
    I already have one doing very well in the living room, and there is a large emu library there-in as well.
    There be other things too but, never mind, Mwa hahaha!

Must stick it on Adverts some time.

But yes, buy an Xbox and get a ton of games with it for bugger all at the Sunday markets, they are cropping up now with alarming regularity, I am going to refrain from buying any more as they are not as popular as the 16bit systems with the retro fans.

I got 2 machines, sans controllers, with about 12 games, including the GTA twin pack, for 11 euro, got the two machines home and they work a treat.

It's not really. I think you just need a memory card and a way to get a file on to that memory card, think it's a cable you need and then the game to run the modified save file, there's a few of them like the original splinter cell and mechcommander. The Wii is good for emulation but the Xbox is much better since it's basically a PC so it was easier to convert the emulators to it.

It's not really. I think you just need a memory card and a way to get a file on to that memory card, think it's a cable you need and then the game to run the modified save file, there's a few of them like the original splinter cell and mechcommander. The Wii is good for emulation but the Xbox is much better since it's basically a PC so it was easier to convert the emulators to it.
    Well i have all the emus i need- SNES,GBA,Sega 16bit consoles,TG16 and DOS

Well I'm looking to softmod my own Xbox for the better emulation. Emulation is good on the Wii but far from perfect. the SNES and NES one annoys me because the vertical resolution is all wrong and the GBA emulator is really poor with lots of timing issues that cause it to resync every minute or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've an Original Xbox about the place but the Disk Drive is knackered, is there anything I can do with it?

You can softmod it as well but you'll have to open the Xbox up and use the method were you hot swap the hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Well I'm looking to softmod my own Xbox for the better emulation. Emulation is good on the Wii but far from perfect. the SNES and NES one annoys me because the vertical resolution is all wrong and the GBA emulator is really poor with lots of timing issues that cause it to resync every minute or so.

sorry by the way , I'm still waiting for my mate to drop back my xbox>usb cable (where it treats a usb stick as an xbox memory card) which lets you softmod it without all that faffing with hard disks.I'll mail him again for it.

sorry by the way , I'm still waiting for my mate to drop back my xbox>usb cable (where it treats a usb stick as an xbox memory card) which lets you softmod it without all that faffing with hard disks.I'll mail him again for it.

Will you stop, you'd be doing me a favour sure and I can wait so there's no reason to be sorry :)

I've an Original Xbox about the place but the Disk Drive is knackered, is there anything I can do with it?

Well, you don't really need the drive at all, as you can use your own network cable to stream everything from the PC via XBMC.
    You should be able to hook up a fairly standard DVD drive, should be plenty of walkthroughs for that.
    Also, you can install, images say, straight to the HDD and play the.. images, straight off, I'm saying nothing else til my lawyer gets here!

has anyone tried any of the retro console plug-n-play consoles in argos?(

Saw this and I reckon I know what Retr0 is getting for Jebus Day!
    Sera better get her needles out!!

gHggS.jpg
    Thanks the Da Rage's FB page for this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement