Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Random spotting of Boards cycling 'shorts' this morning around 8.15 (ish)...by the side of Heuston heading towards town...blue cycling helmet, not sure of bike as cars blocked the view...still shocked I saw the shorts, as I was cycling the other side of the street..oh well :)

I'm pretty sure that was me. Howdy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Outside Cycleways today at about 7pm, lady on a fixie.

Buy a cross bike, you know you want it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

billy.fish wrote: »
    Outside Cycleways today at about 7pm, lady on a fixie.

Buy a cross bike, you know you want it....

Anseo! it was me having a chat with spincess :)
    I'd love a cyclo cross bike ... but I just got a MTB ...

Then just race on the MTB :D

Lots of people started out there, myself included, totally worth it!

billy.fish wrote: »
    Then just race on the MTB :D

Lots of people started out there, myself included, totally worth it!
    yea ... might have a look into it.

Spotted Lumen on way back home on the clonsila road, took me a few sesonds to realise who I was saying hello to, I wasn't wearing my contacts ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

yea ... might have a look into it.

Spotted Lumen on way back home on the clonsila road, took me a few sesonds to realise who I was saying hello to, I wasn't wearing my contacts ...

Saw who I presume was you turning onto Coolmine Road earlier. I was out walking the family mongrel and spotted the boards jersey.

flickerx wrote: »
    Saw who I presume was you turning onto Coolmine Road earlier. I was out walking the family mongrel and spotted the boards jersey.

This is scary -
    The jersey is powerful ...............

but yeah - that was probably me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

8:30 passing Pearse station, looked like LDB. I said hi :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

AstraMonti wrote: »
    8:30 passing Pearse station, looked like LDB. I said hi :p

Yeah that was me! I had one of those moments where I only really saw you after I had passed you kinda thing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 wobbits

yesterday somewhere between galway and mullingar on the into the west cycle on a litespeed icon i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

wobbits wrote: »
    yesterday somewhere between galway and mullingar on the into the west cycle on a litespeed icon i think
    That would have been me. How did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 wobbits

That would have been me. How did you get on?

Saturday was good but yesterday was just misreable with the wind and rain. Thought I'd never get back to Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Timmah!

Last night around 6.45, Orwell Park, heading in the Rathgar direction.

Timmah! wrote: »
    Last night around 6.45, Orwell Park, heading in the Rathgar direction.

Yep, that would probably be me.

Was spotted just before work this morning too by, if I'm correct, irishmotorist on his Focus Cayo. And by spotted I really mean 'overtaken by'.

Now, which excuse should I give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Dónal wrote: »
    Yep, that would probably be me.

Was spotted just before work this morning too by, if I'm correct, irishmotorist on his Focus Cayo. And by spotted I really mean 'overtaken by'.

Now, which excuse should I give.

It was hardly an overtake cos you were slowing to turn right by the looks of things. I could have had you though :pac:

I was going to say that you were flying the boards.ie flag high. Stopped at improbably long red lights at Merrion Gate (like all responsible cyclists should!) and then dusting everybody at the lights and showing them a clean pair of cleats :D

It was hardly an overtake cos you were slowing to turn right by the looks of things. I could have had you though :pac:

I was going to say that you were flying the boards.ie flag high. Stopped at improbably long red lights at Merrion Gate (like all responsible cyclists should!) and then dusting everybody at the lights and showing them a clean pair of cleats :D

Hah, thanks... I was slowing to turn left actually, as there's a lip on the path I have to go up so I increase the angle of attack (have come off there before so I go into the middle of the road before turning). When I looked back before moving out I was surprised to see the Cayo there!

Yeah, those lights are something alright. I usually pray for a DART to come along to influence them. Very annoying when heading the opposite way when the lights go red (when filtered ahead) and then immediately turns into a full green. But anyways, that's for another thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Dónal wrote: »
    Very annoying when heading the opposite way when the lights go red (when filtered ahead) and then immediately turns into a full green. But anyways, that's for another thread :)

That's defo a pain - I'm cute about it now and just ease up ready to attack again as soon as they change, but ready to stop in case they don't. It's all about timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Lady in boards jersey going down Kyber in Phoenix Park about 1745.

hawkwing wrote: »
    Lady in boards jersey going down Kyber in Phoenix Park about 1745.

was me ... on my fixie. I was bored doing lance laps, so I did half/half counter lance laps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I was just thinking there that it would have been good if each jersey had a number somewhere on them, not prominent but in the right place & size that someone "in the know" would spot it. I know some opted to get their username on them but the number would have been cool too.

I am defo going to order one on the next run (if allowed)!

• Advertisement

Pretty sure that would require a change each time the jersey was made though...so reset costs each time.

Unless they were stick on type numbers, which last not to long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

So who is the guilty party that I met ever so briefly outside Dunnes in Cornelscourt? Full Boards gear. Sorry I couldn't stop and introduce myself, but I was in a bit of a hurry...................I told you that I was going to post the sighting:D

Haha that was me xz :) and yes I shop with my full boards gear :p
    btw some nice fella stole my rear light while I was in dunnes... ??? What can you say...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

.................sailing through Donnybrook, Friday morning, full Boards clobber, panniers, 8:30am.
    Tall guy, you Astramonti?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Lady in boards jersey today at around 13:30 sitting on the wall at the Cruagh Rd and Stocking Lane junction. Seemed to have a fancy pair of all white shoes too.

Lady in boards jersey today at around 13:30 sitting on the wall at the Cruagh Rd and Stocking Lane junction. Seemed to have a fancy pair of all white shoes too.

Assos overshoes ftw!!!! Was me, all euro :P ( exept climbing skills )
    Did go up to kippure though, it was lovely and hot up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Spotted one as I was climbing past the 2 lough Bray's at about 2.45. The Boardsie in question was heading the other way, so I didn't get a chance to do anything other than a quick nod.

[edit] Ah, I presume it was Caroline I spotted too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Why the overshoes in the warm weather, thought they were only meant for the rain or cold? Didn't venture onto Kippure, came up Stocking Lane and then onto Glencree, Enniskerry and Greystones. Want to save Kippure for tomorrow and go on towards Slieve Maam as haven't been up there yet.

Blowfish wrote: »

[edit] Ah, I presume it was Caroline I spotted too :)

Yes, me going down SG.

PS: they are not overshoes really, they're booties, just lycra, not warm, just for the euro look really... what are you saying, vain? me? ;)

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    .................sailing through Donnybrook, Friday morning, full Boards clobber, panniers, 8:30am.
    Tall guy, you Astramonti?

Yeap that was me alright :-)

Advertisement