Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

So it's more like €22 for two months?

They haven't made the terms and conditions clear yet. However it seems to be phrased that way. It will be interesting to see in Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vandeman

According to there twitter account no connection fee

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

They're also saying on twitter that you can cancel after the first month without an extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

just rang up got another €9.99 3 months no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

The €1 offer is now online, no other charges provided you cancel within the month.

I'm sure they'll offer deals to people to keep it beyond that point, but even if they don't, one euro for one month is well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

badker wrote: »
    just rang up got another €9.99 3 months no hassle.

was that a re-connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The €1 offer is now online, no other charges provided you cancel within the month.

I'm sure they'll offer deals to people to keep it beyond that point, but even if they don't, one euro for one month is well worth it.

I wonder this time can you cancel at any time during the month and still keep the service for the time remaining.You had to wait until the last day with the previous €1 offer that caused a few problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

dubmick wrote: »

no usually the €9.99 offer is a retention offer. Most subscribers are on €9.99 a month for three months, and opt to ring up a month before the offer expires, and they give you the offer a gain if you threaten to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

NATLOR wrote: »
    I wonder this time can you cancel at any time during the month and still keep the service for the time remaining.You had to wait until the last day with the previous €1 offer that caused a few problems

anyone got an answer on this? Just signed up and was thinking of putting the cancellation in now in case I forget at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

stooge wrote: »
    anyone got an answer on this? Just signed up and was thinking of putting the cancellation in now in case I forget at the end of the month.

Is it online sign up? If so could someone provide a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is it online sign up? If so could someone provide a link?

http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I e mailed them and got a reply saying the subscription will be cancelled on the day you contact them. There is an option to cancel online so easy enough to do
    BTW it doesn't have be for this month, you can wait till September for example but site doesn't say how long the promotion is running for

Signed up just a minute ago there. I presume I won't get the channels till the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

buyer95 wrote: »
    Signed up just a minute ago there. I presume I won't get the channels till the morning?

When I signed up the last time the €1 deal was there I got them in minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I put a reminder on my phone and will contact them on 20th of this month to cancel the end of sept.

When I signed up the last time the €1 deal was there I got them in minutes.

Well I got an email confirming that I have signed up, but the office hours are until 5.30. I presume someone in setanta has to put me onto the system and send the signal too me.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

dubmick wrote: »

not a reconnection just renewing €9.99 deal since I got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I haven't really followed this thread since signing up at christmas, still with them on 10euro for the month since then, i must say i have never had any problems with them and everytime i have rang them they have been fairly helpful and mostly sound to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I haven't really followed this thread since signing up at christmas, still with them on 10euro for the month since then, i must say i have never had any problems with them and everytime i have rang them they have been fairly helpful and mostly sound to deal with.

If you have been paying just 10 per month since Christmas, you have done well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I just looked at their website and see that they are offering the €1 deal for new subscribers in August.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

bmcc10 wrote: »

Have to agree with this. Anyone I've spoken to from Setanta has been very helpful and always willing to honour the 10 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wonder will they give us new subscribers 10 a month deal after the trial ends, highly unlikely I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hey, I'm trying to sign up here as a UPC customer but it's asking me for a 9-Digit viewing card number, which I can't seem to find on UPC.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

That link is for Sky customers - offer doesn't apply to UPC customers.

Ok, but when I hit the "Click Here for UPC" option below that link it jsut brings me here: http://www.upc.ie/television/premium/

Which doesn't seem to show any option for the €1 offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yeah - it just gives you the UPC link if you want to subscribe. You can subscribe there, but not get the €1 offer.

Kinda misleading, I know. They do state it's for satellite customers:
    Starting Friday August 1st – Subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack for just €1

New satellite customers who sign up to the Setanta Pack from August 1st will receive their first month for €1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ok, but when I hit the "Click Here for UPC" option below that link it jsut brings me here: http://www.upc.ie/television/premium/

Which doesn't seem to show any option for the €1 offer?

Try ringing, they might give it to you!

Ah, I read that, but for some reason I completely assumed I was a satellite customer even though I know I'm not. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

So when should I ring to cancel the trial deal?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I rang yesterday about it, the woman told me to ring and cancel by 28th of August to avoid the 21.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just got an email through saying the €1 deal is back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Going to sign up for this but have a couple of questions:

1. When they say its “free for the first month” is that free for a month after I sign up or free for August? If the former then might wait a few days as nothing much on this week.
    2. Is there a 30/31 day cancellation period like Sky Sports? So if I don’t want it for a second month should I cancel straight away and if I do will this cancel the service straight away or like Sky will I keep it for the month while on the cancellation period?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For anyone on eVision with Eircom they are offering the sports pack free for two months but you must remember to cancel before the deal ends or they will charge you the regular 16 per month.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

+1 on the above.

Just to add that if the trial offer isn't cancelled within the 30 days from date of sign up then the next month will cost €21.99. The following is an extract from the email I received from Setanta
    Terms And Conditions
    A connection fee of €1 applies for this service. Offer available online only. Offer available for credit card and debit card customers only. You can cancel your subscription in the first 30 days by going online. Setanta is a subscription service. Customers who do not cancel during their 30 day trial will be billed €21.99 per month or €199 per year thereafter. There is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after the trial period expires. Offer available for satellite customers only. Offer does not apply to existing customers. Fixtures subject to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thats good that we can cancel online....instead of sitting on a phone for 15 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

For anyone on eVision with Eircom they are offering the sports pack free for two months but you must remember to cancel before the deal ends or they will charge you the regular 16 per month.

So, do you inquire through Setanta's site or Eircom's? Edit - checked Eircom's site, seems you just ring 1901, and you're sorted for your two months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Is a sky subscription required to avail of this offer ? have a box that we use for FTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

beno619 wrote: »
    Is a sky subscription required to avail of this offer ? have a box that we use for FTA.

No, but you have to have a Sky card. AFAIK an expired one may work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Thanks just signed up there, channels showed up straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As long as it's one of the white ones I think.
    I have a sky hd box in the bedroom with an old blue card and I tried to put Setanta on to it but it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So, do you inquire through Setanta's site or Eircom's? Edit - checked Eircom's site, seems you just ring 1901, and you're sorted for your two months!

Yes, just ring Eircom, its a free number and they're actually very helpful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

toby2111 wrote: »
    Thats good that we can cancel online....instead of sitting on a phone for 15 minutes!

Watch out for that

To cancel online you need a customer number from Setanta, to get that you need to ring Setanta

Source: did any of you get/know your customer number. + the Setanta twitter acc saying that's now to get the number

You might get it off them by email though

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

If one takes up this 1€ subscription do you have to give 30 days notice in order to cancel.
    Do you need to cancel immediately after signing up in order to avoid being caught out for full price for a second month.?
    Anyone got experience in the cancellation procedure.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

copper04 wrote: »
    If one takes up this 1€ subscription do you have to give 30 days notice in order to cancel.
    Do you need to cancel immediately after signing up in order to avoid being caught out for full price for a second month.?
    Anyone got experience in the cancellation procedure.
    Thanks
    See this post including the quoted post

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

Thanks for the reply, Got a handle on how it works now so will avail of the offer and hope they offer something when I cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Tell me this and tell me no more...

If you use the online cancellation form are you less likely to be offered a reduced rate? Like does it just cancel it straight away as opposed to on the phone where the rep can offer the reduced rate before you cancel for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wow, that's instant! Signed up there and the second I clicked confirm, BAM, Liverpool vs Dortmund on my TV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Wow, that's instant! Signed up there and the second I clicked confirm, BAM, Liverpool vs Dortmund on my TV :D

I signed up 15 minutes ago and still nothing :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement