Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy X HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

In my own game I've just hit 255 mag and mag defense with Lulu and Yuna.

Lulu with her Onion Knight is by far my best attacker. She hitting 99999 Ultimas x 2 per turn, costing 4 mp.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, technically 99999 x 16 is the most damage any character can do in FFX, and Lulu is the only character capable of it with her limit break (albeit you'd have to do it against an enemy with crap Mag Defense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Oh and in the PS2 version, did every single NPC have an item to give you? I don't remember that being the case but I'll never have to buy a potion in this version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Oh and in the PS2 version, did every single NPC have an item to give you? I don't remember that being the case but I'll never have to buy a potion in this version.
    I'm just about to fight Seymour for the second time and have been grinding in the highbridge area just before him. I think i've gotten about 70 hi-potions just from running up and down that stretch alone. Same with Phoenix Downs, I'll be well stocked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do you compare weapons stats?to see if one sword is better than another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I don't remember. Most FFX weapons are identical to each other in terms of stats, they just get minor bonuses like 'Strength +10' or whatever, or they might break the damage limit.

I didn't really like X's equipment system to be honest. I get what they were trying to do but I much prefer how XIII did it, minus that game's grindyness.

Oh, and I really hated the Aeon ability learning system. What was up with it? It was so crap. Even when I spent 200 hours grinding the sphere grid I hardly had any abilities learned for my Aeons, it just took way too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In my own game I've just hit 255 mag and mag defense with Lulu and Yuna.

Lulu with her Onion Knight is by far my best attacker. She hitting 99999 Ultimas x 2 per turn, costing 4 mp.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, technically 99999 x 16 is the most damage any character can do in FFX, and Lulu is the only character capable of it with her limit break (albeit you'd have to do it against an enemy with crap Mag Defense)

The only problem is that Ultima's animation takes ages.

At a certain point, when everyone has 255 stats in everything and damage break, quick hit is probably the best bet with everyone.

Check your inventory for an armor that has "no encounters".
    If you fought the big fish monster at baaj then i think you more then likely will have one.

Handy tips for surviving Omega dungeon when you don't have Damage break weapons and you don't have status defense and you're not very powerful:

you need any character who has the weapon skill 'First strike'.

In general never have Yuna on your team; she and her summons are the only refuge from some of the vicious status attacks from marlboros and demonliths and so forth that can ambush you, as well as when **** starts going down hill and you need to nuke a group of monsters with an Aeon.

As insurance, you could also never have Tidus on your team, if you need to tag him in and use flee. or teach someone else flee for the same purpose.

Once you finish each fight go into the menu and take Yuna/Tidus/whoever 'fled' back off your team, replaced with the guy with first strike again: the next fight could be Ambush, Bad Breath, game over.

???(Treasure chests/mimics):
    Use mug, if it's a treasure you'll get the item, if its a mimic, you'll destroy the chest without letting the mimic materialize.

Demonoliths:
    Tag in Yuna, Summon Valefor.
    They can't reach Valefor with any of their commands so they just stand there helpless. They'll try breath the odd time, but she's immune so just sit back and watch her slowly tear them to pieces.
    (When the fight is over take Yuna off your team and put back on whoever has first strike.)

Great Marlboros:
    Tag in Yuna, Bahamut or
    Anima
    (The destruction sphere Aeon) is a good choice, they can both break the damage limit without celestial weapons.
    If you're using Bahamut use Firaga, Marlboros are weak against fire, if
    Anima,
    use plain attacks.
    If you want some insurance teach Shiva Blizzaga and Firaga; Her magic stat will be high, and her Firagas will decimate the marlboros while her agility she should be high enough to have a turns to heal herself with Blizzagas when she needs to.
    again, when the fight is over take Yuna off your team and put the person with first strike back on.

Bomb things x3 ( I forget their name) :
    They don't grow larger if you use magic, and all their physical attacks are as fire based as their magic; Nulblaze.
    Demis or blizzagas work well.
    Ifrit can attack them to death while they sit there healing him.

Spirit,+ Dark elements x2:

This is such a game over waiting to happen, Spirits will counter any magic attack with confuse/poison all.
    Dark elements will try berserk your team mates and cast reflect on themselves.
    You can kill the spirits with physical attacts; despite the fact they fly, Tidus and Auron can reliably hit them (in other words you'd think they have high evasion but they don't) and they have no more then 9999 x 2 HP.
    The dark elements will **** your life up if they berserk too many team mates, I tackled this fight by attacking the spirits until they die then using Ultimas (Ultimas don't reflect) demis as well as **** Rikku might have lying around like shadow gems (which take 50% HP)

I think the few times I summoned I use Ixion, becasue, he's expendable enough in the dungeon. (and can heal himself with thunder magic)

Master Tonberry:
    Hes voodoo command will destroy anything you summon.
    The one hit killers on your team, typically Wakka, Lulu, and Auron, will get ****ed by his counter attack "grudge"(which does more damage the more enemies that character has killed).

Use the characters on your team that have killed the least amount of enemies, or basically the ones you use the least; Typically Yuna is great because she will have high enough stats, becasue of summoning, but almost no KO count personally. Rikku if you've spent the game using her to steal then speed swapping in Lulu/Auron/Wakka to Overkill, and Kimarhi if like 95% of people who play FFX, has been completely ignored as a team mate.
    Demi does hit, (and is not dependent of magic state to be high damage, only the enemies HP, thus is a great skill to teach anyone via a Blk magic sphere)

Holy cow you are knowledgeable!!! I will try this although correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to capture 10 of every fiend here and every other zone to unlock nemesis?

Holy cow you are knowledgeable!!! I will try this although correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to capture 10 of every fiend here and every other zone to unlock nemesis?
    you also need to kill all other original Monsters, which, if Omega dungeon is a challenge, you're no where near doing yet.

It's best to first tackle Omega as a dungeon only: Just wear your best gear and try get through it and Kill Ultima and Omega.

Capturing is too much of a drain on rescourses the first time you arrive because the monsters are too powerful to be faffing around with weak capture weapons and not risking Magic and Aeon kills.

You'll be far more powerful by the time it comes round to filling your capture Rota.

Plus it's actually easier to capture 10 of each monster after you beat Omega and leave; This is because the second area, where on first playthrough there is one scripted battle on each pavillion, there is now random encounters.

The random encounters there favor some of the harder to find Omega monsters and FAR MORE importantly don't give you those stupid Lizard + treasure/??? encounters like 6 fights out of 11 (seriously I once fought them 5 times in a row!!!)
    I only wish there was an area in Stolen Faith cave where those bastard Magic pots wouldn't show up, I once got one 7 times in a row!!

When you reach the second section of the ruins for the second time, go right to the back where you fight Omega; There's a chest with some magic spheres (if I remember correctly)

Don't kill yourself in either the final dungeon (of the story) or Omega looking for Marlboros, Demonliths, Adamantoises or Wraiths; A lot of them appear in both dungeons and capturing them in either will help reach your quota, i.e., if your stuck needing nothing but 2 Adamantoise and 2 Marlboro, move to the other dungeon and begin capturing there, they'll show up there too.

snausages wrote: »
    I don't remember. Most FFX weapons are identical to each other in terms of stats, they just get minor bonuses like 'Strength +10' or whatever, or they might break the damage limit.

I didn't really like X's equipment system to be honest. I get what they were trying to do but I much prefer how XIII did it, minus that game's grindyness.

Oh, and I really hated the Aeon ability learning system. What was up with it? It was so crap. Even when I spent 200 hours grinding the sphere grid I hardly had any abilities learned for my Aeons, it just took way too long.

The trouble I have with the Ultimate weapons is the added AP bonuses
    Who needs AP when you've the sphere grid all but finished?
    waste of a slot.

I liked the idea of the Aeons learning system, it reminded me of FFVIII, Unfortunatly some of the "prices" of the skills were crazy, and some of the skill you could and couldn't learn didn't make sense.
    You can practically shower your aeons with some of the best skills in the game (Doublecast and Haste spring to mind) no problem.
    If you're stealin' **** with Rikku you'll have plenty of gems to teach all the "aga"s to everyone, but then some other spells are like, 40 or 60 rare items to learn, or one or two really valuable Items. You'd probably get half the celestial weapons and have you team dishing out 99999s in less time then teaching Ultima, Holy or Drain to more then one Aeon.

WTF would an Aeon, a solitary fighter, want to learn Hastaga (aka haste all) ? or Life or full life? or scan (it has auto sensor) I mean fair enough maybe for zombies, with the life spells, but Hastaga? where these team mates at?
    and what you goin' be healing with Esuna? all the status that the only ally on screen is immune too?
    Why Does Ifrit have nul blaze as an initial equip? he ABSORBS fire, casting null blaze on him self he's loses out on HP, Like wise Shiva, nulfrost and Ixion nulshock.
    I wonder if in an earlier beta you could summon more then one Aeon or they werent immue to status?

I wish they let you teach your aeon a few weapon and defense skills , counter attack, or Magic booster HP + and such.

you also need to kill all other original Monsters, which, if Omega dungeon is a challenge, you're no where near doing yet.

It's best to first tackle Omega as a dungeon only: Just wear your best gear and try get through it and Kill Ultima and Omega.

Capturing is too much of a drain on rescourses the first time you arrive because the monsters are too powerful to be faffing around with weak capture weapons and not risking Magic and Aeon kills.

You'll be far more powerful by the time it comes round to filling your capture Rota.

Plus it's actually easier to capture 10 of each monster after you beat Omega and leave; This is because the second area, where on first playthrough there is one scripted battle on each pavillion, there is now random encounters.

The random encounters there favor some of the harder to find Omega monsters and FAR MORE importantly don't give you those stupid Lizard + treasure/??? encounters like 6 fights out of 11 (seriously I once fought them 5 times in a row!!!)
    I only wish there was an area in Stolen Faith cave where those bastard Magic pots wouldn't show up, I once got one 7 times in a row!!

When you reach the second section of the ruins for the second time, go right to the back where you fight Omega; There's a chest with some magic spheres (if I remember correctly)

Don't kill yourself in either the final dungeon (of the story) or Omega looking for Marlboros, Demonliths, Adamantoises or Wraiths; A lot of them appear in both dungeons and capturing them in either will help reach your quota, i.e., if your stuck needing nothing but 2 Adamantoise and 2 Marlboro, move to the other dungeon and begin capturing there, they'll show up there too.

Nifty I'll finish out capturing the other zones and get the celestial weapons then go back there all guns blazing so to speak. Tyvm for all your help. One more question if you don't mind. Is there a point of no return? Storywise atm I'm supposed to fly to Sin. Will it tell me at some point if you go through this door there is no turning back or something to that effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Nifty I'll finish out capturing the other zones and get the celestial weapons then go back there all guns blazing so to speak. Tyvm for all your help. One more question if you don't mind. Is there a point of no return? Storywise atm I'm supposed to fly to Sin. Will it tell me at some point if you go through this door there is no turning back or something to that effect?

You can fly into sin, after that there is one more boss battle once you're inside him. There should be another save point further down the dungeon then. Which is the point of no return if I remember correctly

There's no warning sign from what I remember. So just be wary of passing any save point beyond the first boss battle within sin. When I mean within, I mean actually in him. There's a few small boss battles to get inside.

Finally got to the calm lands after grinding for ages on highbridge, able to one shot most of the smaller enemies with ease and two shot the tougher ones.

Until I came upon a Malboro...
    Hit him with two overdrives, both doing 9999 damage, decided to use Fireaga then to hopefully finish him as Lulu's magic stat is fairly high and is regularly doing between 6-8000 damage with the aga spells.

Fireaga done 6000 odd damage so didn't kill him, Malboros next move, bad breath, everyone gets hit with poison, darkness and beserk. Lulu kills Auron with her death mog, Wakka kills himself and poison kills Lulu eventually.

Sonovabitch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone wanna recommend a grinding spot before heading inside sin please?
    Omega is a bit tough still and the ruins are just crap imo (feck all AP for killing Defender Z which is not difficult but takes a while).
    Are they the only choices? I've not stepped foot inside sin so is it a little easier than Omega and better AP than the ruins?
    Characters have all finished their "personal" areas on the grid and working into others.

There used to be some trick involving tonberrys, but I think you need one of those 'overdrive-ap' abilities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go capture enemies in different areas and then fight the new bosses in the arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Just fully completed the sphere grid with all Stat's enhancements from the Monster arena. Have 3 characters fully completed the entire sphere grid and all have maxed out, 255 Defence,Agility,MD,Magic,Evasion & accuracy. Luck is at about 60 and total HP is 35,000.

My trio of Tidus, Wakka & Yuna all do 99,999 damage attack with fully upgraded celestial weapons. I have defeated all the Dark Aeons ( Except Yojimbo) & have beaten Nemesis. Basically have 4 completed maxed out characters that do crazy damage! Penance & Completing Kimahri's/Lulu's/Auron's Sphere grids are all that is left for me to get the Platinum!

Tip for those asking for Farm Spots. Complete the Monster Arena

Seriously. Get some weapons to capture & go to other area's & start the long process of capturing 10 t of each enemy in the Game. Not only will you get the Awesome rewards from the Arena guy for completing the task's.. you gotta do it anyway to get strong.. & it will level you up.

I actually used Yojimbo to Zanmato 2 Dark aeons when i was at a low level, and 1 drop from the fight was a armour for Tidus with Ribbon on it.
    Once i got that i headed for Omega & spent 4+ hours there Capturing & Grinding which really helped me level up early on.

Triple AP weapons.

Easiest way to get these to to fight One-eye in the Monster Arena - 2 Smacks at 99,999 & he's down but a powerful Aeon at low levels will do it.
    This guys always drops Triple AP weapons ( Sold for Good Money too) So keep fighting until you get the right ones for your characters - Try to get one with 2 customizable spaces.

Next, - Assuming you have completed a lot of the Monster arena, and received the rewards needed to customize the Armour - Add the abilities Overdrive -> AP ( Which instead of charging overdrive it converts to AP) & Triple Overdrive ( to Boost OD Power)

So you should have weapons like this -
    Triple AP
    Triple Overdrive
    Overdrive -> AP.

Once you have that on 3 characters, Fight a Tonberry from the MA - Don Tonberry is the one you want as he can damage you for up to 99,999 damage giving crazy AP but he's only available after collecting 10 of each Tonberry in the world. So a lesser Tonberry will do but not for long.

Time to configure the overdrives!

This is Key:
    Whoever of your party has finished off the most enemies, will receive the greatest damage from Tonberry's Counter-Attack "Karma". Whoever that is in your party - Tidus in mine - Leave him on Stoic As he'll need to charge from receiving damage.

The other 2 party members must have their overdrives set to Comrade

Then, Start the Battle and get your stoic character to constantly attack Tonberry & a comrade character to revive him! ( I had Auto-Phoenix on)

You do not need to win or finish, you can simply Flee the battle & keep the AP.

Fighting Don Tonberry with that set-up, & him hitting me 10+ times at 99,999 each gives out about 50 Sphere grid moves for only a 5 minutes battle!

Moving every character around the grid is easy when you can do that! The hardest part is collecting the Stat enhancments & upgrade spheres to fill em all in! :D

Other tips i found are:

lvl 4 unlock spheres can be brided from Chimera, who hangs out right above the inn at the Calm Lands, for about 180,000 Gil. I Fought One-eyes for 3xAP weapons to sell to make up the money & bought 15+ spheres from them. Very handy.

Use a distil Mana/power etc on Kottos from the Monster Arena to receive 40 of whatever distilled sphere you used. Very handy when completing the Sphere Grid.

I wish I knew about the Tonberry trick when I was 14. Would have saved several hundred hours of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Finally got to the calm lands after grinding for ages on highbridge, able to one shot most of the smaller enemies with ease and two shot the tougher ones.

Hit him with two overdrives, both doing 9999 damage, decided to use Fireaga then to hopefully finish him as Lulu's magic stat is fairly high and is regularly doing between 6-8000 damage with the aga spells.

Fireaga done 6000 odd damage so didn't kill him, Malboros next move, bad breath, everyone gets hit with poison, darkness and beserk. Lulu kills Auron with her death mog, Wakka kills himself and poison kills Lulu eventually.

Sonovabitch..
    Always loved malboro, going back to ffviii it was always a challenge.. having ribbons equiped is a good way to sort him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Cheers,

The monster arena mobs seem to hand me my a$$ as the moment. Well.. the two I have fought do at least. Jormungand and Chimerageist.
    Gits. I'll continue unlocking and get the rest of my aeons. Still need to get Yoj and the sisters.

• Advertisement

tonydude wrote: »
    Always loved malboro, going back to ffviii it was always a challenge.. having ribbons equiped is a good way to sort him out
    Not far enough into the game to get the ribbon equipped armour yet.
    Taking my time going through it this time, spending a while grinding certain areas etc so I'm not underpowered going into some of the fights.

What makes it worse is I had gone through about 20 fights heading for the save sphere at Rin's and I was almost at it. Sickened.

Sonovabitch..

you went wrong by using Limit breaks, Limit breaks are powerful, but they delay your next turn a bit.

The trick with Marlboros in the calm lands is not to let them get a turn. Delay Buster will push their turn down the list, and you can use it over an over again, so they will never get a turn.
    Hastaga works equally well, they have poor defence and fire works well Attacks and Fire spells.

Or if they're about to get a turn swap in yuna and summon (they're immune to status)

or if you are using an overdrive, Use Auron's Shooting star; it will knock them out of the fight and grant an instant over kill.
    Noxin wrote: »
    Anyone wanna recommend a grinding spot before heading inside sin please?
    Omega is a bit tough still and the ruins are just crap imo (feck all AP for killing Defender Z which is not difficult but takes a while).
    Are they the only choices? I've not stepped foot inside sin so is it a little easier than Omega and better AP than the ruins?
    Characters have all finished their "personal" areas on the grid and working into others.

The first area of sin is a little more forgiving then Omega, and the second part is about on par.

you could work on getting all the aeons, and capturing, or getting celestial weapons. By the time you've that done you'll be plenty strong if even running the risk of making the dungeon too easy.
    before I did any grinding i tried just go straight through sin, the difficultly is just nice, and Seymore is a bollix, you really need shell and Nul-skills to survive. if you;re taking him on at a medium level.

The point of no return is the Save sphere at a cross roads junction inside Sin: A part of the dungeon like a Huge Stalagmite with colourful round windows falls onto your path at the end of the junction; when you enter, THAT, is the point of no return.

Which is a shame because inside there are huge landworms that you can bribe for Dark matter, and that's the only place they exist.

you went wrong by using Limit breaks, Limit breaks are powerful, but they delay your next turn a bit.

The trick with Marlboros in the calm lands is not to let them get a turn. Delay Buster will push their turn down the list, and you can use it over an over again, so they will never get a turn.
    Hastaga works equally well, they have poor defence and fire works well Attacks and Fire spells.

Or if they're about to get a turn swap in yuna and summon (they're immune to status)

or if you are using an overdrive, Use Auron's Shooting star; it will knock them out of the fight and grant an instant over kill.

Ah was just over confidence on my part, I thought ah these three will easy do the job... Famous last words :D

Ah was just over confidence on my part, I thought ah these three will easy do the job... Famous last words :D

See my earlier posts in Omega... I lost about two hours grinding by casting demi on a spirit...:mad::rolleyes:

y
    Which is a shame because inside there are huge landworms that you can bribe for Dark matter, and that's the only place they exist.

Am I wrong in saying the dark aeons drop dark matter and some of the monsters in the arena?

Just finished getting 10 of the fiends in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Funnily enough , it wasn't the tonberrys that gave me grief, it was the thorns! Took well over an hour to find the last one I needed.

Off now to Mt. Gagazet, then inside Sin and finally I can get the last two sigils I need for the Celestial Weapons - Yuna's and Wakka's

• Advertisement

Am I wrong in saying the dark aeons drop dark matter and some of the monsters in the arena?

It's a lucky drop for all area/species/original enemies in the arena. That's what makes it such a pain.
    It means you need to fight arena monsters over and over and hope you get lucky and get the rare drop of 1~2 Dark matter.
    If you could fight landworms before the point of no return you could just give them all your money and bribe the dark matters from them.

Dark Aeons do drop Dark Matter as a Common drop. But since you fight most of them only once it's not very useful, except for (duh duh duuuh)

Dark Yojimbo; you have to fight him 5 times consecutively to beat him which makes him one on the best ways to farm dark matter. Ity also makes him the best source of ultimate armor in the game.

A lot of people fight him the four times and then leave via the teleport module at the back of the cave with their bounty of Dark matter and any and all Break HP/Ribbon armors he's dropped. Then save and start again.

then when you have all the Dark Matter you want, and hopefully, HP Break/Ribbon armor for your entire team, finish him off.

It sounds funny too, but wither on purpose or accident, you can "farm" Penence for dark matter too,
    Every time you kill an arm it drops Dark Matter, which you keep even when you flee.

So despite the fact that there is only one super boss left in the game and if you got to him it means your probably the Dragonball equivilant of Super Sayian level a million, you can very quickly farm Penance for Dark Matter by killing his arms over and over then fleeing.

Land Worms and Penanace's arms: very useful sources of dark matter right when you don't need them. A bit like the golden Chocobo you get for killing Ruby Weapon.

bonus random fact.
    For some reason, the only enemy in the game you can bribe 'Silence Grenades' from (handy for putting silence proof on armor) is an evil eye enemy in the Via Purifico (called bat eye or something);
    An Enemy you do not capture, in a dungeon you do not return to or have Rikku on your team for.

Hey, discovered a nice little tip whilst messing around in the arena.

The "Ironclad" who drop HP Spheres.
    The idea is you gotta keep using armor break until it "hits" about 3 times, it may take up to 20 attempts, and when it finally proper breaks he'll do an exaggerated injured animation and from then on he'll no longer raise his sword to block attacks and attacks will do full damage. (vs zero defence)

I was typically using Anima; haste, regen, armor break, armor break, armor break, armor break, armor break, etc etc, and when his armor eventually went Oblivion, Attack, Attack, attack,

Well Rikku's (Use) 'Frag Grenades' instantly break his defense. he doesn't do the critical hit animation, but it seemed to works 100% of the time.
    Brilliant.

I have spent 3 days trying to capture 4 tonberrys after getting 6 in the 1st day. I am so close to just giving up, this is absolute bull****.

GOOD LORD, ONE APPEARED!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Can't wait to get stuck into this next weekend. Downloaded and ready to install. Will be relying on it to comfort me in a long overdue hangover. Stupid exams.

• Advertisement

oh lord, on the most painful grind of them all... Blitzball >.<

oh lord, on the most painful grind of them all... Blitzball >.<

Just unlocked status reels. To hell with blitzball I say.

Just unlocked status reels. To hell with blitzball I say.

I haven't unlocked that yet. nor the sigil D: and I think there is another reel to go after that one?
    Determined that this is going to be my first ever platnium trophy

I haven't unlocked that yet. nor the sigil D: and I think there is another reel to go after that one?
    Determined that this is going to be my first ever platnium trophy

Yeah, I've one more to go, the Auroch wheel is the last one.. I've won I think 2 or 3 leagues at this stage..
    This will be my first platnium too. I need to capture a few monsters in sin and omega, then that section will be finished, after beating nemisis ofc. dodge 200 lightning bolts, bribe yojimbo the 100k, and beat penance. Then I think I'm done, after I max everyones grids ofc.

I have everything else complete!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Adamantium wrote: »
    Is it wrong to say I'm more excited for this, than any game in the last 5 years, despite the fact I completed 3 times between 2002-2004?

One of my favourite pieces of fiction ever.
    I've played the series since the mid 90's and I look back at this as the Last Final Fantasy, and in many ways, the best.

Final Fantasy was always best, when it was a Japanese game with worldwide , influences and, not anime.
    It was a fantasy grounded in reality.

X managed to have a mythology that was understandable.
    Spira, looking back was the best realised world in the series and one worth saving.
    Its a small miracle that this game seemed to be immune to Toriyama influences

Great to play a JRPG again with relatable, even normal adults as main characters. Turns out X really was as good as it was.
    The narration by Tidus is brilliant. May well be the darkest, true to life game in the series.

It really does feel like a "journey" with characters that you grow to love, that the games industry have been trumpeting for years every other week and rarely if ever deliver on that hype.

A staunchly
    atheist/agnostic game, the laughing scene in context when the truth is revealed, i love the "spiral of death", and a world in stasis, the depressing themes, airship attack on Bevelle and Sin, that bittersweet, heartbreaking ending
    game.

PSU said it best:

It's a timeless tale of romance, religion, and metaphor, backdropped by one of Square's most well-realized worlds and blanketed in character subtlety that doesn't weigh down the story's perfect pacing.

Brilliant, Brilliant game. Definitely the best Final Fantasy, although I think 8 is a close second for me. But in terms of gameplay and story it's unbelievable. Hard to beat Auron. Gonna get a vita in the summer and spend another 300+ hours on this beauty!

Yeah, I've one more to go, the Auroch wheel is the last one.. I've won I think 2 or 3 leagues at this stage..
    This will be my first platnium too. I need to capture a few monsters in sin and omega, then that section will be finished, after beating nemisis ofc. dodge 200 lightning bolts, bribe yojimbo the 100k, and beat penance. Then I think I'm done, after I max everyones grids ofc.

I have everything else complete!

I have to finish capturing fiends in sin and omega, obtain all jecht spheres, deal 99k damage, complete all sphere grid s, lath one final ability for kimhari, defeat penance and nemisis. Funny I could have sworn there was a trophy to defeat all the dark aeons

I have to finish capturing fiends in sin and omega, obtain all jecht spheres, deal 99k damage, complete all sphere grid s, lath one final ability for kimhari, defeat penance and nemisis. Funny I could have sworn there was a trophy to defeat all the dark aeons

penance only appears after you've killed them all, so they're sort of tied to that one I guess.

penance only appears after you've killed them all, so they're sort of tied to that one I guess.

Oh right that makes sense
    Just realised I still have to get the five chests in that chocobo race as well ugh

Did the chobo training on Thursday and managed after an age to get a time between 0.1 and 0.3 4 times in a row, all because I was trying to dodge one last bird right at the end.

The absolute relief when I finally got it. Now for the butterfly hunt and lightning strikes :(

Did the chobo training on Thursday and managed after an age to get a time between 0.1 and 0.3 4 times in a row, all because I was trying to dodge one last bird right at the end.

The absolute relief when I finally got it. Now for the butterfly hunt and lightning strikes :(

The butterfly hunt isn't so bad once you realise that the red butterflys don't move , it may take a few attempts to memorise where they are at so you can be on the opposite side of the path. Also don't forget you have to complete both butterfly hunts to get the sigil and for the second one (first if you are making your way there from Rin's agency) the first blue butterfly is behind you. And be careful you don't run out of the zone before looting the chest as this can reset it.

There is a place in the thunder plains where you can force the lightening to hit in a crater , should take about 20 mins to dodge 200 there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was gonna go back and try finish off the FFX sidequests during the week but got hooked on Tales of Xillia instead.

There is a place in the thunder plains where you can force the lightening to hit in a crater , should take about 20 mins to dodge 200 there

Yeh it's over in a little nook where one of the cactuar stones are. Just more time consuming than anything.

Have Tidus, Yuna and Rikkus weapons sorted so far, just the others left then start grinding Omega dungeons to take on the dark Aeons and level up enough to be able to farm Yojimbo for armour.

I did the Celestial weapons first, even before I Got Anima and The Magus sisters.

my sphere grid is now full of Nodes, Rikku, KImarhi, Wakka and Tidus have all finished the grid, I just need to do out the last few Fortune spheres for the rest of the team. to get the trophy for completeing the sphere grid for all the team.

I've been saving the dark Aeons. Thus far I've only killed Valefore and Shiva (for the sake of visiting the Faytes) and I also tacked Ifrit just to see where my strenght was.

I gotta play my a new game to get one missable Al Bhed Primer I missed, and once I do that, it'll bascally be dark aeons, Penance and Platinum trophy.

...and on to X-2...

If I'm bothered,

I was toying with the notion that X-2 is a "once per lifetime is plenty" sort of RPG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Enjoy the silliness and dress sphere system and don't take it seriously and you'll enjoy it more.

It's really the stress of how missable 100% is.
    If the content in the game was a laid back as the "girls just want to have fun" attitude, that'd be fine, it's the fact that some of the missable content is as stupid and ruthless as FFXII's.
    I remember one of the events that contribute to the completion % is seen at only one point in the entire game and buried at the end of a very long dungeon you've already completed, meaning to find it accidentally you'd need to take a notion (if I remember correctly a high point of movement in the storyline) and decide to go right to the end of a one of the longest dungeons in the game for absolutely no reason.

Another is some dumb conversation that happens in the airship at some random point. Then there's the Surveillance crap Chapter 4, I think for one or two of them you need to literally sit there watching nothing for about 5 minutes until it starts.

Meaning my choice is either;

check every single crevice of every single ares in the world between every single story event;

Visit everywhere, check the entire airship then complete one storyline mission, visit every single area of the word again, check the airship, go to the end of every dungeon I've previously completed and back, finish another story mission, visit every single areas of the world again, check the Airship revisit every dungeon, etc etc just in case there's a missable conversation or event that I was giving no clue about.

or

Go through the game twice (once for New Yevon, Once for Youth league) whilst absolutely glued to a walkthrough,

or

Play through twice at leisure, then consulting walkthrough with a grimace and find out how many speed playthroughs I'll need to suffer through for the stuff I've missed.

Anyone care to explain why even though Lulu has 1 mp cost on her celestial weapon yet all her spells cost 2 mp?

My advice is not to stress out about getting 100%. the requirements are just stupid for it and the game can bug out even if you've done everything right.

Just relax and enjoy it and watch the 100% ending on youtube. It's not really worth it anyway and takes a giant dump over the ending of FFX.

5 more monsters to catch, then I have 10 of em all! Still need to lightning dodge, kill penance/nemisis, a bit more blitzball and then a whole lot of grinding to get the sphere grids finished, I can begin to see light at the end of the tunnel thou :P

• Advertisement

Anyone care to explain why even though Lulu has 1 mp cost on her celestial weapon yet all her spells cost 2 mp?

Magic booster increases the power of magic (by 1.5) and doubles it's MP cost.

One MP cost + Magic Booster = everything costing 2mp and dealing x1.5 damage.

Skill wise It's one of the best celestial weapons, if you get it early, (it was one of the first things I did, this time) it destroys everything in Sin and Omega very quickly and doublecast demi, no damage limit, makes capturing a breeze.

It's just a shame that both black magic itself and Lulu's limit break get nerfed too much end game. her Flair Fury at 255 magic get about 8~10 hits of about 1/3~1/4 damage. her Ultima fury gets about 6~8, of 1/3~1/4 where as the ~agas, and drain get a full 16 at about 1/2 damage making them equal to or far better then, her Flare and Ultima fury in most circumstances.

I suppose it's a bit like Wakka's Attack reels.
    The most powerful limit he has (and in the entire game) is Wakka's 2nd Limit break, making is final two not worth bothering with ever.

Advertisement