Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Nice one. Nabbed a reservation at Swords. Apparently you can hook that keyboard up to other devices?

Thanks for the heads up. Just need a 3DS now... :(
    think there like the wii keyboards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could people keep an eye out for Infinite Space on the DS, in a bricks and mortar shop here.
    I am after it and don't want to buy online.
    So, if you come across it in Xtravision /HMV or GS let me know, if you can, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice one. Nabbed a reservation at Swords. Apparently you can hook that keyboard up to other devices?

Thanks for the heads up. Just need a 3DS now... :(

Afaik it'll work with any Bluetooth enabled device that'll accept a Bluetooth keyboard.

It's a regular DS game by the way not a 3DS title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,250 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    This should be interesting. Blue label World Championship Soccer 2 on ebay.

For those not in the know, rarest PAL game for the Megadrive. It's a bizarre blue label variant of a game which you can easily get a 'classics' version of. (folks reckon the original was recalled for some reason, the inlay destroyed and it they were all rebranded)

There arent even any decent scans online for fear of someone reproducing the inlay.

I've had it in my ebay watch list for years and years and this is the first one I've seen come up. (last one I heard of which sold went for £750)

I was the winning bidder with a max proxy of £100. Some dude just outbid me a minute ago.

I bid £200 - his proxy got me again.

I'm very tempted to see just how high his proxy bid goes... but scared ****less too :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191176052347?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l4480&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI191176052347.N2.S1.M4113&autorefresh=true

Ending in 25 min and over 500 GBP now. Might make for an exciting watch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh must keep an eye on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

1650...! Surely the most expensive megadrive game ever sold!?

I'd say Tetris still is the most expensive but that's something right there.

Its so rare that 1600 is probpoly the new asking price for one now.

Master of the Universe

What the ****! They can't be real bids??? The last one that went for a grand less seemed excessive.

I thought lakers vs celtics was the most expensive/rare title?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's extremely rare alright, but I haven't heard of it selling for as much World Championship Soccer 2 blue label.

It's extremely rare alright, but I haven't heard of it selling for as much World Championship Soccer 2 blue label.

Yeah surely that's a new record for a megadrive retail release!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I'll load it up on the Everdrive and pretend that I've that sort of stupid money to spend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Somebody here looking to get all the Kirby Games? http://www.adverts.ie/5509333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Somebody here looking to get all the Kirby Games? http://www.adverts.ie/5509333

Nice of someone to write no manual on the box :pac:

I have that one, but thanks.
    I'm after Dreamland 2 and a few of the puzzle ones as well, Blockball, Pinball and Avalanche, all on the GB/C plus Dreamcourse on the Snes.
    But Dreamland 2 is the major one, and unboxed is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Just grabbed an original model Mega Drive on eBay, £19.99 plus £6.00 postage to Parcel Motel.

Comes with both a 50hz/60hz switch, and a language toggle, and also a modified cartridge slot for Japanese MD games. Complete with SEGA 3 button controller, power pack and RF cable.

Seems like quite a good deal, I see bog-standard models going for more. Now, to track down a SCART cable.

EDIT: Just got an RGB Scart cable for ~€13 on eBay, I plan on getting a Master System soon, so should cover that too :D

Just in tescos there not much left but 3000 eshop points cards are a fiver so picked up a couple, 2000 points cards are still 24.99?!?! gonna pick up a few turbogfx titles on vc mode on wii u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Get Star Soldier R or Recca! :)

• Advertisement

Get Star Soldier R or Recca! :)

Some great turbogfx games up there, been years since I was on wii vc!

Paid another visit to our favourite retro game store in town today, got some decent trade in credit on some more Dreamcast doubles I had lying around, and picked up a couple of six button Mega Drive controllers for €15 a pop, a little dirty, but should be able to clean them up. Not bad considering they go for ~€20 + postage on eBay.

Has anyone got a spare copy of Gunstar Heroes lying around by any chance? :P

Master of the Universe

I actually have a spare NTSC US version if you fancy swapping it or something? Boxed but no booklet.

I actually have a spare NTSC US version if you fancy swapping it or something? Boxed but no booklet.

Ah, I'd be looking for a getting a PAL version, preferably with booklet, but that seems like the pricey route. There's always the Classics Collection which can be got pretty cheaply (but I feel wrong going for compilations, they always feel like pirate multicarts to me).

You have any other MD stuff going complete in box w/ manual? I'm new to collecting for it, only have Sonic 1/2/Spinball so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Just grabbed an original model Mega Drive on eBay, £19.99 plus £6.00 postage to Parcel Motel.

Comes with both a 50hz/60hz switch, and a language toggle, and also a modified cartridge slot for Japanese MD games. Complete with SEGA 3 button controller, power pack and RF cable.

Seems like quite a good deal, I see bog-standard models going for more. Now, to track down a SCART cable.

EDIT: Just got an RGB Scart cable for ~€13 on eBay, I plan on getting a Master System soon, so should cover that too :D

Don't forget the Power Base Converter which can be had for cheap if you want to play Master System games on your mega drive. Should tie you over til you buy an original Master System!

Oh how I do love me consoles with backwards compatible hardware!

Master of the Universe

For sale is a genuine, tested and working version of Earthbound...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Earthbound-SNES-Super-Nintendo-cartridge-/201093527476?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2ed21bb7b4

Wow, it seems they made a PAL version afterall... :rolleyes:

Irish seller too.

• Advertisement

For sale is a genuine, tested and working version of Earthbound...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Earthbound-SNES-Super-Nintendo-cartridge-/201093527476?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2ed21bb7b4

Wow, it seems they made a PAL version afterall... :rolleyes:

Irish seller too.

We should like, report him, right? It could be an honest mistake, I mean, it's pretty ballsy to put a PAL version of the game up like that if you know anything about the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Please don't. I'm having the craic with the seller. I asked for photos of the inside and the back and got this back:

Hi

It'd cost me extra to upload extra pictures, which I avoided doing for that very reason. Is there a specific reason you'd like to see them?
    If you had interest in the item I'd have an inventive to do so.

Thanks for your interest in the product :)

Master of the Universe

You have any other MD stuff going complete in box w/ manual? I'm new to collecting for it, only have Sonic 1/2/Spinball so far!

I've a load of unboxed carts if you're interested? Might have a couple of boxed ones knocking about too.
    We should like, report him, right? It could be an honest mistake, I mean, it's pretty ballsy to put a PAL version of the game up like that if you know anything about the game.

I sent him an email and the chap hadn't a clue what I'm on about. Said it's legit and he bought it from a guy in the US. Asked me to explain how it's fake.

I've a load of unboxed carts if you're interested? Might have a couple of boxed ones knocking about too.

I'd most likely be interested in the unboxed carts. What ya have? :D

I would also doubt that he got it off someone in the US. Why would someone in the US do a PAL repro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Harvey Norman Carrickmines (possibly other branches too?) have Layton & The Miracle Mask for €9.99

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/old-game-boy-games/5530165#comment_29500391

seem like a good price if I was able to get there and collect.......ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Flaregon wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/old-game-boy-games/5530165#comment_29500391

seem like a good price if I was able to get there and collect.......ROFL

That comment from Black Star is priceless!

waveform wrote: »

pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Just in tescos there not much left but 3000 eshop points cards are a fiver so picked up a couple, 2000 points cards are still 24.99?!?! gonna pick up a few turbogfx titles on vc mode on wii u.

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a few abd gonna download some goodness now :D
    Do these work with the Wii u? I mean these are e cards but a different name aren't they?

should off offered a wooden dollar :rolleyes:

Danonino. wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a few abd gonna download some goodness now :D
    Do these work with the Wii u? I mean these are e cards but a different name aren't they?

No unfortunately not, just through the wii channel on the wii u, nintendo changed from points to cash with the wii u/3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

No unfortunately not, just through the wii channel on the wii u, nintendo changed from points to cash with the wii u/3ds.

Good to know :) grabbed super turrican, La-maluna and castlevania rebirth, not bad for a fiver. Side scrolling goodness incoming :D

I'd take him up on the offer, I love Star Wars.

Also, I'm just leaving this here...selling some Dreamcast games on eBay. Just got €182 for Evolution 2 including postage. Great stuff :D

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/ravenholmdx/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Master of the Universe

Holy crap, well done, that's a great price!

Where'd you come across so many rare DC games if you don't mind me asking? Did you buy them new or did you have a bit of a rare game collecting habit? :)

Holy crap, well done, that's a great price!

Where'd you come across so many rare DC games if you don't mind me asking? Did you buy them new or did you have a bit of a rare game collecting habit? :)

I just sold Cannon Spike for €112 too, so having a pretty good couple of days :P

Funnily enough, I came across a lot on eBay Germany a while back, was 20-30 games, but it had some gems in it, such as Cannon Spike, Moho, Project Justice, Evolution 2, Rez, Sonic Shuffle, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II and a bunch of other uncommon games. It really pays to check out the foreign eBay sites, as he actually only had it listed as dometic postage only, so it wasn't showing up on the international sites, so was kind of a hidden gem.

I've seen some great deals on the likes of eBay NL/FR/DE etc. If I run into any more I'll post them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I just sold Cannon Spike for €112 too, so having a pretty good couple of days :P

Funnily enough, I came across a lot on eBay Germany a while back, was 20-30 games, but it had some gems in it, such as Cannon Spike, Moho, Project Justice, Evolution 2, Rez, Sonic Shuffle, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II and a bunch of other uncommon games. It really pays to check out the foreign eBay sites, as he actually only had it listed as dometic postage only, so it wasn't showing up on the international sites, so was kind of a hidden gem.

I've seen some great deals on the likes of eBay NL/FR/DE etc. If I run into any more I'll post them here.

Shhhh, keep that under your hat!

Ah no, I've picked up some steals myself that way and it's handy if you have the time to spare to sort the various eBay sites.
    I picked up Earthbound that way for a great price and US Snes stuff turns up quite a bit that way. Also jp Saturn stuff. Oh and N64 multi language games like Mario Party 3, but then N64 stuff are crap and in 50hz.

Master of the Universe

Its a great way of getting bargains alright. Ive found certain local eBay are great for specific items too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Its a great way of getting bargains alright. Ive found certain local eBay are great for specific items too.

Same thing applies for Amazon too!

Got my full collector's edition of Sonic Generations that way when everywhere else was out of stock.

Only difference was that the cover for the game itself was in German.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Same thing applies for Amazon too!

Got my full collector's edition of Sonic Generations that way when everywhere else was out of stock.

Only difference was that the cover for the game itself was in German.

Yeah, Amazon can be good too, like this:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B00005AMZ8/ref=sr_1_4_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1400869984&sr=8-4&keywords=Taxi+2+le+jeu+dreamcast&condition=used

Taxi 2: Le Jeu for Dreamcast only €39.99. I've seen it go for near €100 on eBay UK. Rare game, but utter tripe :P

I got almost my entire jp Saturn collection from an eBay Germany listing. 40 quid start price and I was the only bidder and 20 for shipping. Some great games in the lot, x men vs street fighter, street fighter collection off the top of my head

Except when it arrived it the postage receipt said it cost him 40 to send it. So the seller lost 20 quid on a listing that was already a steal. I felt kind of bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Do the auctions on the German Ebay generally take paypal?
    I know over there they don't really trust paypal, it's the German equivalent of Western Union.

Do the auctions on the German Ebay generally take paypal?
    I know over there they don't really trust paypal, it's the German equivalent of Western Union.

I had no problem paying by PayPal, except the seller didn't list it. Just ask to be sure.

I won a German eBay auction the other day and paid with PayPal.
    Won some tales from the crypt action figures for 1e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A lot of them don't use paypal.
    Also a lot of them use Hermes for post and they are useless. Stuff lost on me but they claimed they delivered it as it was signed by Wilson, not my name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eBay Germany annoys me because I always forget to change my address before I snipe. They rarely ship outside of Germany. Was after a gameboy game for ages there and almost got it for a decent price except I did that a few too many times. Now Jeremy parish talked about it on retronauts and wrote about it on usgamer calling it the most expensive gameboy game. It wasn't. Now it pretty much is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement