Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So we're agreed...

For you, Sinha Man - the chase...is over.

I'll say in advance...just another day at the office. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Mark and Anne are my favourites. I suppose if I had to put them in order I'd go with:

Mark
    Anne
    Paul
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Rate the chasers (and settle an argument in the Megaman household)! :D

1 being the best performer...

1. Dark Destroyer
    2. Beastie Boy
    3. Frosty Knickers
    4. Sinha Man

This 1 being the best listing is different for me from my favourite 1->4 where the very personable Paul would be #1 , then Shaun , Mark & Anne :)
    1) Anne
    2) Mark
    3) Shaun
    4) Paul

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    This 1 being the best listing is different for me from my favourite 1->4 where the very personable Paul would be #1 , then Shaun , Mark & Anne :)
    1) Anne
    2) Mark
    3) Shaun
    4) Paul

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

In the likeability stakes, I would put Anne before Mark. He's a sore loser and moody with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

In the likeability stakes, I would put Anne before Mark. He's a sore loser and moody with it.

The way I view that though is that is just how passionate he is at what he does. He has high expectations of himself and when things don't go his way he lets it show.
    That's why I've him put before Anne in the likeability stakes.

Each to their own though,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

There's a new chaser in the place of paul sinna, wonder what happened to sinna, he's a really nice fellow.

£1,000???!!! Grrrrrr. Looking forward to the new Chaser. Paul was the weakest link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There's a new chaser in the place of paul sinna, wonder what happened to sinna, he's a really nice fellow.

He was still shown at the start of the show. The new chaser is replacing nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

lertsnim wrote: »
    He was still shown at the start of the show. The new chaser is replacing nobody.

I was sure I saw the dark destroyer, the beast and frosty with the new chaser, sinna nowhere to be seen, maybe I just missed him, he's usually first anyway when they speculate who they might get isn't he?

• Advertisement

He was shown first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

.....and today the new chaser has disappeared :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Even though it's been a while since I last watched The Chase, I couldn't help but get excited upon learning that a new Chaser had arrived...

It was probably time for one, since it's been nearly four years now since the Sinha-man joined. (Where does the time go?! :eek:)

But it had been rumoured on Bother's Bar and other quiz sites for some time that the next Chaser would be a young woman. Not only had Anne been the only female Chaser for ages, but also you can't exactly call her or the men spring chickens (Paul is already in his mid-40s, and the Beast is rapidly approaching 50). :o;)

Inevitably, Gail Trimble's name was among those suggested - just as it was in the earliest days of the show, when Shaun and Mark were the only Chasers. But I don't think a serious quiz career has ever been on her mind, and these days - as a fellow and tutor at Trinity College, Oxford - she certainly wouldn't have much time for one. :o;)

6a00d8341d417153ef011279093ab928a4-pi

http://www.trinity.ox.ac.uk/people/profiles/gail-trimble/

Daisy Christodoulou, the captain of the Warwick team that won University Challenge in 2007 without any hassle from the press, was also suggested - but, like Gail, it's unlikely that she has considered becoming a quiz regular, and indeed she has other commitments these days. In her case, it's teaching and writing.

edu2_334667a.jpg51kVH8VGaHL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://thewingtoheaven.wordpress.com/

Also among the names was Sarah Lang - who is one of the few people to have won a million pounds on a quiz other than that one hosted by Chris Tarrant, in her case the first series of Ant and Dec's PokerFace in 2006. Unlike Gail and Daisy, she has appeared on more than one quiz - she also won big on In It To Win It in 2005, and she attempted to become one of CJ de Mooi's team-mates on the first series of Are You An Egghead? in 2008.

And she certainly has an effervescent personality, as demonstrated on PokerFace:

In recent years, however, she has largely concentrated on singing. In fact, she has performed all over the UK as the lead singer in a rock band called 7th Circle.

http://www.7thcircle.co.uk/

And in any case, it's probably fair to say that her, um, assets are perhaps too impressive for a show like The Chase. :o:o;)

Jenny probably wasn't as obvious a candidate as these three - but there was plenty to suggest that she would make an excellent Chaser.

She certainly has an impressive quiz pedigree - reaching the semi-finals of University Challenge with Leeds in 2003, winning series 3 of Only Connect in 2010 as one-third of the Gamblers, appearing on both series of Are You An Egghead? (beating Mark in the first series but losing to Anne in the second), and being asked questions on a certain vampire slayer on Mastermind:

And she displays a sense of humour on Twitter more often than not:

https://twitter.com/jenlion/with_replies

And to top it off... she's from Bolton. :cool:

I, for one, think that she will be a more than worthy addition to The Chase. And as for her nickname? You could argue that "The Vixen" is slightly unimaginative, but already it feels like it fits her perfectly.

Here endeth this incredibly long post. :o:D;)

But why wasn't she listed on tonight's show :confused:

Nice summary, I've actually heard of most of them! (cos I'm an avid UC fan)

I'm only a recent convert to The Chase, so didn't realise that they only started out with two chasers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Even though it's been a while since I last watched The Chase, I couldn't help but get excited upon learning that a new Chaser had arrived...

It was probably time for one, since it's been nearly four years now since the Sinha-man joined. (Where does the time go?! :eek:)

But it had been rumoured on Bother's Bar and other quiz sites for some time that the next Chaser would be a young woman.

What about Marianne Fairthorne, Mastermind winner 2015?

400px-Mastermind_2015_marianne_fairthorne_champion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I saw a trailer Monday that said the new chaser would be on today.

I think she served me at the drive-in theatre :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

The new chaser is not scary.
    I prefer frosty knickers

• Advertisement

She did very well for her first time.

Think the new chaser needs some time to develop a persona - found her first show a bit bland tbh. But well done her!

What a dislikeable lot of contestants on tonight's show though.

Well, no. 1 and no. 3 anyway. Most irritating, the pair of 'em. HR woman was very unlucky.

Shaun really lost it today! Some game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Shaun really lost it today! Some game!

Got much the worse of the 2 sets of questions I thought, but he was useless.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

theres a lad called Alan on now, who runs a snackbar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

Has the beast lost some weight? Not seen it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Anyone know who the blonde lady, Jenny, is on the Celebrity Chase tonight? I missed the start, no surname to Google.

My husband thinks she looks like someone out of All Saints.

Anyone know who the blonde lady, Jenny, is on the Celebrity Chase tonight? I missed the start, no surname to Google.

My husband thinks she looks like someone out of All Saints.

Not watching but is she a thin Scottish jenny. Jenny Faulkener presenter? Scouse blonde jenny frost atomic kitten. They are my guesses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Jenny Jones, Olympic snowboarder.

4yR58AM.jpg

• Advertisement

Jenny Eclair unfunny comedian

Advertisement