Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chester/McGregor decent options if Hull go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

West Ham (v Sheff Utd)
    WHUFC starting XI: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Potts, Burke, Reid (c), Poyet, Morrison, Diame, Vaz Te, Valencia, Sakho

Newcastle (v Gillingham) NUFC: Krul; Janmaat, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Haïdara; Sissoko, Abeid; Obertan, de Jong, Aarons; Rivière.

Swansea (v Rotherham) Swansea: Tremmell, Tiendalli, Bartley, Fernandez, Richards, Fulton, Carroll, Sheehan, Dyer (C), Montero, Gomis.

Southampton (v Milwall) Saints: Forster, Clyne, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Isgrove, Long, Pellè.

Leicster (v Shrewsbury) Leicester: Hamer, Konchesky, Moore, Taylor-Fletcher, Knockaert, Mahrez, Wasilewski, Pearson, Cain, Wood, Watson.

Burnley (v Sheff Wed) Burnley: Gilks, Trippier, Long, Shackell (c), Ward; Kightly, Jones, Arfield, Wallace; Sordell, Barnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lovely, Siggy is on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Remember when Demel was a FF god? 4.0 defender, regular starter, plenty of clean sheets. Sigh!! Good times.

A strong Newcastle team. Where does that put De Jong - centre mid or "in the hole"?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Targett. Remember him :)

• Advertisement

Man Utd (v MK Dons) United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck
    Subs: Amos, McNair, Thorpe, A Pereira, Januzaj, Zaha, Wilson

Palace (v Walsall) Palace: Hennessey, Mariappa, McCarthy, Delaney, Binnom-Williams, Williams, Guedioura, Bannan, Thomas, Murray, Gayle. Subs: Kettings, Hangeland, Boateng, Kaikai, Garvan, Puncheon, Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

As someone currently working on a wildcard I suppose it is in my interest to see as many serious injuries as possible midweek. It's terribly sad really, if I was to hear that Siggurdsson received a career threatening injury my first thought would be about what a stroke of luck that is that everybody else will have to waste a transfer.

That's a full strength Soton lineup with two exceptions, two former forum darlings as well, I wonder is Koeman a regular on here, having a wind up?

West Brom (v Oxford) West Brom: Myhill, Wisdom, Dawson, McAuley, Davidson, Yacob, Baird, Berahino, Sessegnon, Brunt, Ideye. Subs: Foster, Olsson, Morrison, Gamboa, O'Neil, Mulumbu, Roofe.

Palace 1-0 (Gayle)

KevIRL wrote: »
    Palace 1-0 (Gayle)

2-0 now, Gayle again

1-0 to Newcastle (og)

• Advertisement

Swans 1-0 up Gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Remember when Demel was a FF god? 4.0 defender, regular starter, plenty of clean sheets. Sigh!! Good times.

A strong Newcastle team. Where does that put De Jong - centre mid or "in the hole"?

No dummett!

Utd CS gone :pac: (sounds familiar). Johnny Evans fukk up leading to the goal

Gayle hat trick for Palace

Leicster 1-0 down

West Ham 1-0 Sakho

West Brom 1-0 (og)

Jack cork goal for Southampton. Reid of for west ham

Utd 2-0 down

3-0 down now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

It's 4 - 0 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Isgrove went off after 29 minutes......Was it a bad injury? I'm going to lose value on him I'd say

Wonder if this will have an impact on de gea's game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No Albrighton for Leicester but Mahrez starts. Good sign for him getting that spot back.

You know you are in FPL nerd territory when that springs out at you....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Good 'Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

manual_man wrote: »
    Good 'Evans

Lame. Off to the soccer thread with you.

Dónal wrote: »
    Wonder if this will have an impact on de gea's game time.

That was the only thing I couldn't understand about the line up. Why would you play De Gea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

United out of the League cup is great news FPL wise. If they could just lose in the third round of the FA their FPL worth will increase immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    United out of the League cup is great news FPL wise. If they could just lose in the third round of the FA their FPL worth will increase immensely.

Well the FA cup is played on weekends, so I don't see that as a huge advantage.

I think that result can not be good. I know on one level it's good (less games), but they were stuffed, are clearly rubbish, and this can only damage their confidence. I'll be dumping Jones as soon as I get a chance. I don't care if they're playing the 3 promoted sides next.

I think that result can not be good. I know on one level it's good (less games), but they were stuffed, are clearly rubbish, and this can only damage their confidence. I'll be dumping Jones as soon as I get a chance. I don't care if they're playing the 3 promoted sides next.

Only Evans & De Gea (Januzai, Wellbeck, Hernandez maybe) from the team tonight could ever really be considered FF players.

But yes I agree. I currently have Mata and Rooney and no confidence for the games ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Their defence is only shaky cause it's new though, like tonight you had Evans playing - I can't remember the last time I saw him playing a competitive game. Keane is only a young lad and I never heard of Vermijl before, throwing them together and into a system they probably don't know is never going to end well.

In front of them you had Anderson - he probably won't see much action this season, and may have been given a game in hope someone will come in to buy him.

Van Gaal should have played the same back 3/4 tonight as he plans to on Saturday along with DDG to gain stability. I'm not overly confident of having Jones in my team, but I think it's only a matter of games before they come good, 2 promoted teams might be what they need to get some confidence.

Advertisement