Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Has to be Fry's dog, it came out of nowhere, the recent crossover episode with The Simpsons wasn't the best, but they touched on this, Fry walks past the street where his dog is waiting (having travelled back in time) outside the same pizzeria. Fry doesn't see him, the dog gets a whiff of him and turns but it's too late Fry is gone round the corner. set the missus off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I find Call the Midwife a real weepy. I cried my eyes out at the Christmas episode, which featured a mother and baby home and a baby being taken from a mother without her realizing it. I can't help but cry at things like that.

I remember crying at States of Fear, and wondering how that could have happened. Then my parents afterwards said pretty much said everyone knew what was going on the whole time but no one cared. That was very hard to stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Labyrinth. the part at the end where she is in her room, and can see all. The characters in the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Spoilers ye bastards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

1995 , European cup final , nayim late goal v arsenal . Heartbreaking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Spoilers ye bastards :(

Yeah. Guilty of that. Sorry. Could the OP add a spoiler tag to the thread title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

That time the guy slipped on the ice and banged the back of his head off the footpath.
    That was really hilarious,
    I mean sad, really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Egass13 wrote: »
    1995 , European cup final , nayim late goal v arsenal . Heartbreaking

it was the cup winners cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

When Amy Pond
    leaves the Doctor so that she can be with Rory ... Raggedy Man... Goodbye.... And the gravestones
    :(

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

European cup winners cup , same diff . Mr pedantic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Straight off the bat, the scene in Corrie where Hilda returns home to an empty house after Stan's funeral. Knowing that the actor who played him had died not long beforehand broke my heart!
    Great thread - keep em coming.

Beat me to it
    Geoffrey Hughes , Jean Alexander and Bernard Youens were one of the best comedy acts of all time, and that scene was a fitting tribute

efb wrote: »

What ever it was still funny as ****

What ever it was still funny as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

When Buffy dies.

But then she becomes alive again so it was a bit stupid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

qt3.14 wrote: »
    Oz. All of it.

The wire, last episode. Nothing has changed and a new generation are following in the footsteps of the list should you followed for six series.

The end of the second was the worst for me, frank subotka losing everything and the greek getting away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The last episode of Stargate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

The final scene from "Blackadder goes forth"

Egass13 wrote: »

OK not as funny as Steve McMahon asking the time

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

The last episode of 2 pints of larger :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

When obi wan gets killed in episode 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Angelus.

When I think about that cleaning woman's children going hungry because she was fired for standing round looking out the window instead of cleaning the office.

:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

When The Only Way is Essex won a BAFTA. That was pretty bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Star Trek Deep Space 9, The Visitor episode

The last episode of Angel

And as already mentioned, Fry's dog waiting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

The closing scenes of the last episode of The Wire, where one of the young lads ends up homeless and starts on the auld heroin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The end of Band of Brothers, gets me every time.
    “In one of his last newsletters, Mike Ranney wrote: "In thinking back on the days of Easy Company, I'm treasuring my remark to a grandson who asked, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?'
    No,'" I answered, 'but I served in a company of heroes.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Requiem For A Dream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

9/11 footage was horrifying. It gives me shudders looking back at the news channels footage live.

Some great suggestions. Watching the end of Toy Story 3 would put a brute of a man to his knees.

The end of The Shawshank Redemption when Red is crossing the border. Here he's given some of the best lines in any movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

9/11 footage was horrifying. It gives me shudders looking back at the news channels footage live.

Some great suggestions. Watching the end of Toy Story 3 would put a brute of a man to his knees.

The end of The Shawshank Redemption when Red is crossing the border. Here he's given some of the best lines in any movie ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wallace on The Wire. A character you felt sorry for and the way he left the show was a sad scene.

Advertisement