Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddest moment on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The montage at the start of UP. If you didn't cry you dont have a heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Looking back,

I'm thinking it's the music from the scene that has the impact on me, rather than the scene itself, will post links when off phone.

EDIT:

herre is what I mean:

The Death of The Doctor

The Death of Angel/ The Gift / Sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Some o them reeling in the years really get me! Specially the wan with The Island by Paul Brady in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

The day that man slipped on the ice and banged his head. It was very sad. And by sad, I mean utterly hilarious!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Scrubs - Bens funeral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

boobar wrote: »
    The Champ

When the Champ dies, for a little kid, Ricky Schroder really stole that scene

Thanks for reminding me.:(

When Mark died from brain tumour in ER

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

ScumLord wrote: »
    That one where Tom Hanks got the AIDS. It was fierce sad. I hope he's OK.

Castaway was one hell of movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

The Scrubs episode where Dr Cox is unusually sensitive in the scene breaking the news to his best buddy from college that his little boy may be autistic (and the scene when the reality dawns on Cox while watching the kid play with his bricks).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

9/11

• Advertisement

The death of littlefoots mother in 'The Land before Time'

and......

The death of the horse in the quicksand near the end of The Neverending Story?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Scrubs - Bens funeral

Not to mention, the build up to Laverne's death, and Carla eventually saying her goodbyes.

Scrubs did a lot of emotional moments to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When King Kong is shot off the Empire State Building :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The Royle Family. Few real tear jerkers.

Barbara doing nanas hair is heartbreaking. Denise in labour and Jim in the bathroom with her. Then there's the main one.....OH GOD here I go again

Oh the Queen of Sheba episode is amazing! Funny one second, heartbreaking the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Battlestar Galactica.
    Laura's last few minutes on the grass plains of Africa watching the wildlife, Adama burying her, and the last shot of him sitting next to her grave talking to her on the hillside as the music soars.

"I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. You should see the light that we get here, when the sun comes from behind those mountains. It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Pretty much the last ten or so minutes of the brilliant recent documentary 'One Million Dubliners'.

Heart wrenching.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

When buffys mother dies in Buffy the vampire slair. So sad to see such a strong woman cry like a little girl. Gets me every time.
    Very sad - also, Ella Henderson on Xfactor singing Chers 'do you believe'
    It's not upsetting but makes me cry every time - best voice ever. Just always cry when I hear her sing - no idea why!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Roughly about half of Marion and Geoff, loved that show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Straight off the bat, the scene in Corrie where Hilda returns home to an empty house after Stan's funeral. Knowing that the actor who played him had died not long beforehand broke my heart!
    Great thread - keep em coming.

• Advertisement

The death of the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)

Amazing speech, such sad music, and *poof* gone.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This probably belies my years but as a kid in the late 1970s I always remember when Rudy Jordache dies in Rich Man, Poor Man, a sad moment. As another poster posted though 9/11 was very heavy alright.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

Sam Tyler dying in Life on Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

9/11 for me. Remember turning on the TV and the news was showing smoke from the first tower. While later watching live as, over the shoulder of the reporter, the second plane hit. Freaked me the f*** out because it was suddenly, obviously, intentional and not an accident. Watched for the whole day. Seeing people jump out of sheer terror. It was awful. Cried buckets that day. It was such a weird feeling, knowing I was watching it all at the same time as millions of other people, feeling the same things. Unforgettable. Unfortunately.

But if we're just talking about TV shows... then I watched every episode of Chuck in a row a couple of years ago. The bit near the end, when the bad guy was
    erasing her memories of Chuck and their marriage and everything else.
    That was damn sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Toto Schillaci, the man that ended all the excitment in the summer of 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Montage at the end of 'Six Feet Under', only Fry's dog comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The Glee tribute to Cory Monteith especially his poor girlfriend in real life and on screen. I don't know how she had the strength to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

When his bollox of a brother kills Kes.

When grandad dies in Only Fools and Horses. :(

So much pathos alongside the humour in that show, same with The Royle Family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

Oz. All of it.

The wire, last episode. Nothing has changed and a new generation are following in the footsteps of the list should you followed for six series.

Advertisement