Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

on_my_oe wrote: »
    1. Not using indicators - seriously, do folk just think they're decorative items so they can add an extra €1 to the purchase price?

2. Folk - mostly women - stopping just inside / outside the door for a proper gossipy chat, taking up 95% of the door frame! and shooting everyone trying to navigate through the blockade a nasty look

3. My neighbours sound bar - which my OH helped him fix to the wall

4. The other neighbours constant smoking of the green herb, day in, day out - I've been at work all day while you've been sitting on your arse; all I want is to be able to sit outside for an hour without getting a headache off your fumes

5. OHs friends who can't be arsed learning English yet turn up wanting to fill in forms or re-do their CV... Seriously if you've lived in Ireland for five years and speak five words of English, any employer with cop n s going to recognise you're lacking in the motivation department

6. My boss telling me there's no money for a €2,000 pay rise and the next day asking me to book him €5,000 trip to the F1

7. The boss saying to me at 7 on a Friday night "Hope you're not running off early, I've got something I'd like you to do"... EARLY?!?!? My hours are 8.30-5pm, I'm in most mornings at 8, have taken three lunch breaks in two years, and I rarely walk out the door before 6pm!

8. My MIL giving out to my OH if any of his family's birthday cards are late to arrive... Not because they're interested in the thoughtful messages I write but because she's looking for the €40 I always enclose

9. My MIL forgetting my birthday, even though it's the same day as hers

10. Being grumpy... It's not like me but I am today

Mmm. You really need a .50-cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When I come home on bin day and next doors bin has been left in my drive by the bin men. Seeing next doors car in her drive, she's home before me and she has to walk past mine to her door. I'm the one has to get out to move her bin so I can park MY car in MY drive.
    I know its trivial, but that's that its all about.

jimgoose wrote: »

Or a hug

deise08 wrote: »
    Or a hug

Hug me hole. That won't learn the fukkers owt! ;)

When I come home on bin day and next doors bin has been left in my drive by the bin men. Seeing next doors car in her drive, she's home before me and she has to walk past mine to her door. I'm the one has to get out to move her bin so I can park MY car in MY drive.
    I know its trivial, but that's that its all about.

Move it to behind her car. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ignorance... ignorance just fucking does my head in!

I live in share accommodation so needless to say there is a lot of things that gets on my tits and no doubt others in the house.

1 such thing that has just happened, clearly the last person in the toilet has used all the toilet paper yet has been too much of a cunt to replace it and i've only noticed when it's too late. Cue awkward pants around the ankles hobble to the door to make a sketchy manoeuvre to the hot press to retrieve a fresh roll and get back inside without being seen! :rolleyes::mad:

REPLACE THE BOG ROLL DICKHEADS!!!

I live in share accommodation so needless to say there is a lot of things that gets on my tits and no doubt others in the house.

1 such thing that has just happened, clearly the last person in the toilet has used all the toilet paper yet has been too much of a cunt to replace it and i've only noticed when it's too late. Cue awkward pants around the ankles hobble to the door to make a sketchy manoeuvre to the hot press to retrieve a fresh roll and get back inside without being seen! :rolleyes::mad:

Who do you blame when it happens and you live on your own? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who stand in front of the side door on the bus. I usually sit down near the back and exit the side door. But there is always some hateful pr!ck who decides to stand blocking it for everyone else, even when there are seats available. They usally have a large backpack on which gets in the way when trying to squeeze past them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Or a hug

I need to 'leave early' to get my eye test done, or my aim will be sh*t... But I might have more fun with lots of near misses than direct hits
    :rolleyes:

My OH does that to himself frequently, then bellows from the throne for me to deliver supplies... I didn't expect to pander to his personal ablutions this early in our marriage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Now the thread title is annoying me. Nearly as annoying as part 4.

How can we be happy in a thread about annoying things ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Getting rid of facebook (for the tenth time) and then discovering there really is nothing else to do on the net :'-(

Every time I see the thread title, all I can hear in my head is this song from ten years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Definitely. Share the pain ;).

:) ah if only it were that easy! I'd still be blocking myself in. :(
    We live in a square and our houses are in the corner. My car is facing _ their car is facing l .So if we are parked it looks like
    _l
    if I were to put it behind their car, I'd be putting it behind my car too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

This calls for a violent vengeance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

On a street or in a park walking towards a young ish couple (twenties ) , as I approach the guy nearly always grabs the girls hand and there's usually a giggle or a smirk as I pass by , relax ffs , I'm not gonna run off with your woman , it seems to be a male instinctive thing , also it usually happens where it's really a case of " please , as if !"

It started about a year or so ago, but nowadays I can only have a maximum of two drinks before I start to get a tummy ache. I guess it's a good thing as it stops me from getting drunk and having a hangover. But, still - there are times when I would like to have three drinks!

When you're in the middle of a really hot dream and the alarm goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

whirlpool wrote: »
    It started about a year or so ago, but nowadays I can only have a maximum of two drinks before I start to get a tummy ache. I guess it's a good thing as it stops me from getting drunk and having a hangover. But, still - there are times when I would like to have three drinks!

Maybe it's something in the particular drink that you're having? My husband loves real ales and used to drink Hobgoblin, now he can't drink it without getting a stomach ache so he's switched to other ales or wine. He thinks it's something to do with the amount of gas in it that's causing the stomach ache. He doesn't really drink much, 3 or 4 bottles of beer on a Friday night, or a bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Every time I see the thread title, all I can hear in my head is this song from ten years ago

I have a similar problem. Ever since I read that about that girl eating all of those hotdogs in Magaluf and the general debauchery going on I have the song 'agadoo' flitting into my head intermittently.

Agadoo-doo-doo......(that's all I know!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

gramar wrote: »

I have a similar problem. Ever since I read that about that girl eating all of those hotdogs in Magaluf and the general debauchery going on I have the song 'agadoo' flitting into my head intermittently.

Agadoo-doo-doo......(that's all I know!)

There's something about shaking pineapples from a tree :D

I just say something like ...agadoo doo doo down in magaluf
    ...to the left to the right....be alright on the night....

Alsolutely stupid I know.

That's going to go around in my head now for the day!
    (Are we showing our age now :D)

Dear Eisenberg,

Please see the below link which I feel may be of interest to you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057255859

No need to thank me,

Best regards,

Gramar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I cant think of anything trivially annoying :(

^^ same here.

Dear Eisenberg,

Please see the below link which I feel may be of interest to you...

I am so all over that shiz-nit! :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91420635&postcount=28

LynnGrace wrote: »
    ^^ same here.

Diudn't even get a bus this morning. This fountain has dried up :(

I think that name change yesterday has knocked us all out of kilter. It's like when they put the clocks forwards or backwards. Shouldn't make a difference but it takes a bit to adjust.

It'll come. Have faith bothers and sisters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

People driving expensive sports cars at snailpace and making me late for work.

• Advertisement

tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My housemates and their dogs. You'd think they'd feed the dogs, or maybe even leave a drink out for them in the hot weather, but nope. 2 adult huskys, 5 husky pups and a bischon freise. The huskys are so hungry they're killing the landlords mothers chickens, and then spend the rest of the day dragging a half eaten chicken all around the garden with a swarm of blue bottles flying after them. I don't know how but those bluebottles were also getting inside and I spent the entire day spraying copious amounts of fly spray at it, and I'm sure it was affecting me more than them.

Then last night the little starving bischon comes inside, climbs up on the worktop and takes a leg of chicken out of a pot that people have to use to cook and starts eating it on the couch.

Nasty.

Put me right off chicken for the foreseeable future

My housemates and their dogs. You'd think they'd feed the dogs, or maybe even leave a drink out for them in the hot weather, but nope. 2 adult huskys, 5 husky pups and a bischon freise. The huskys are so hungry they're killing the landlords mothers chickens, and then spend the rest of the day dragging a half eaten chicken all around the garden with a swarm of blue bottles flying after them. I don't know how but those bluebottles were also getting inside and I spent the entire day spraying copious amounts of fly spray at it, and I'm sure it was affecting me more than them.

Then last night the little starving bischon comes inside, climbs up on the worktop and takes a leg of chicken out of a pot that people have to use to cook and starts eating it on the couch.

Nasty.

Lexie, I've said this before and I'm saying it again. You need to gtfo of there.

Lexie, I've said this before and I'm saying it again. You need to gtfo of there.

I'm going to be moving in with the OH when I move out of here. Not sure if its leaping from the frying pan into the fire lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Nasty.

Get the fook out of there and call the ISPCA on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm going to be moving in with the OH when I move out of here. Not sure if its leaping from the frying pan into the fire lol

Unless he turns out to be Jeffrey Dahmer reincarnate, I don't think it will be! :eek:

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Get the fook out of there and call the ISPCA on the way.

I've called them actually. Waiting for an inspector from the ISPCA to call out here any day. That's not even the worst of how the animals are treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Fake shock and faux surprise at every single world event.

Unless he turns out to be Jeffrey Dahmer reincarnate, I don't think it will be! :eek:

He's quite partial to the ole sing song in the mornings though. Trying to sleep through a tone deaf rendition of 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' or something by christy Moore is harder than you'd think. Me being as highly strung as I am, would be liable to leap out of bed and beat him to death some morning

• Advertisement

Somewhat OT, but that username of yours - are you related to Ruby-on-Rails at all?? :pac:

He's quite partial to the ole sing song in the mornings though. Trying to sleep through a tone deaf rendition of 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' or something by christy Moore is harder than you'd think. Me being as highly strung as I am, would be liable to leap out of bed and beat him to death some morning

Does he have a rabbit and a pot?

No I'm just ONRALE

like a train ;)

Cod liver oil tablets, too long to go down vertically, too wide to swallow horizontally.

On the tablet issue, when you fill your mouth with water to swallow one and then get a flash of “I’m going to choke” panic and can’t swallow (stop it), and then you start worrying that the tablet will dissolve ifyou don’t swallow it soon.

The noise on a bus when a card validates. The noise on a bus when the cards of 20 people validate.

When you cut a bagel in “half” to toast it but it’s not even so one side is really thin and the other is too thick to toast without burning.

When you’ve a hangover and you take a painkiller for theheadache that makes you get sick because you haven’t eaten. Trying to figure out if it had time to be absorbed into your system or if you should take another...

Irish announcements on buses

The background music from VHI ads. Also, “my name is ONW and I’m glad I’m with VHI” Oh fúck off.

Stinging contact lenses

When a hair gets caught on your toothbrush

Trying to start a new bog roll and tearing it so it’s destined to give shredded paper for the rest of it’s sh1tty existence

Trying to find the end of the bog roll in a public toilet and turning it over and over and over and never actually finding the end!

Staples getting caught in the stapler

People who put their coins down on the counter instead of into the cashier’s hand – ultimate rudeness

The way the staff in L*dl are super friendly to their friends and people from their own country but super dismissive of Irish customers and practically throw their shopping at them.

This, I think is the ultimate annoyance, it actually makes me want to kill the person: when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird faces and pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrows because your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

Does he have a rabbit and a pot?

He better not!! There's only room for one bunny boiler in our relationship!!!! :mad:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ......when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird facesand pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrowsbecause your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

KILL!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

/snip

People using black text against a friggin dark grey background! :mad:

LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

This, I think is the ultimate annoyance, it actually makes me want to kill the person: when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird faces and pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrows because your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

Or when you're on the phone and someone starts talking at you, telling you what to say or asking you some dumb question. I can't hear what the person on the phone is saying or what the person beside me is saying. And then the person on the phone thinks I'm some rude cnut. When I'm clearly on the phone, shut the fcuk up and do not talk to me. :mad: Ugh, grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ah here, its 4 again!

Let's get a mob together and overthrow the tyrant that is Dannie!

People who don't observe the basics of personal hygiene. I know the weather is warm at the moment, but it's no excuse for going around stinking the place out. Twice this week, in shops, I've been gasping for breath after encountering smelly people-customers, not staff. I'm not talking about a whiff of sweat, I'm talking about stinking to high heaven.
    What will they be like when water charges are introduced??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Ah here, its 4 again!

Let's get a mob together and overthrow the tyrant that is Dannie!

I concur, I think I'll have to unfollow this thread. The fact that it is changed to 4 AGAIN is making me soooo mad. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement