Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I think Hobbydrive are ebaybanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Postal address is apparently in California. Parent company is listed as CSK International and they seem to be a global organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

very curious as to where they got my email address

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yeah, I've been getting emails from them too. As Shiva said, it could be ebaybanned and they also seem the most likely crowd that would do this, but the photos on hobbydrive's website look similiar to the ones on Ehobby

i would imagine they would have it from my account on ehobby so thats why i wondered were they a division of them?

• Advertisement

it looks like an ehobby site dedicated solely to combat gear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Aaaand on a totally related note.
    EhobbyAsia FTW! Ordered some mags, hops, etc on Monday night and got them here today, with no stop over in customs!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

BLOODY HELL!! that was fast!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Anyone ever heard of Hobby Drive? Out of nowhere I started getting emails/newsletters from them and I know I didn't subscribe to them. For the moment I'm treating it as spam but wanted to check to see if any other boardsies knew anything about them.

Ditto, recently started getting emails from them also.
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭son-of-plunder

not sure if this is the right place but has pro--t gone or changed website??
    Thanks,
    Paul

http://www.pro--t.com/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

not sure if this is the right place but has pro--t gone or changed website??
    Thanks,
    Paul

http://www.pro--t.com/index.php

Well this isn't the first time there website has randomly dissapeared for days!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

Apparently the Pro--T website will be back next week. How long it'll last this time...

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Phil from TS Airsoft. He put in a lot of work trying to source some specific items for our team. Phil is an absolute gent and provides the type of customer service that keeps customers coming back to TSA.

Thanks again Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Has anyone ordered a pistol/AEG from EBairsoft/EBayBanned recently? The last time someone from here ordered a pistol, it came wrapped in tin-foil.

Got an GBB body from them a couple of months ago, arrived with a big red *Opened By Customs* label on the side. Inside was the body, wrapped in tinfoil :rolleyes:

I ordered a MICH harness on Monday from an EBay seller called emmado22 in the US. It arrived this morning using USPS First Class Mail International.

Considering it may take me 2-3 days to get regular post from Dublin, I'm a bit taken aback by this seller's shipping time and the efficiency of USPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

AAAAAAA+++ TOP EBAYER WILL USE AGAIN.

:)

scanlant wrote: »
    I ordered a MICH harness on Monday from an EBay seller called emmado22 in the US. It arrived this morning using USPS First Class Mail International.

Considering it may take me 2-3 days to get regular post from Dublin, I'm a bit taken aback by this seller's shipping time and the efficiency of USPS.

Have purchased several items from that seller over the last few years. Always been fast, efficient and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

ebaybanned are giving me the bullsh*taround, first time and last time I buy off them.

Avoid, cordially ^_^, go **** yerselves.

ebaybanned are giving me the bullsh*taround, first time and last time I buy off them.

Anytime they started messing with me I found opening a PayPal dispute soon changed their tune. It may sound futile but it does work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Was just about to write here about em..coincidence lol

Emailed them last month to check if a vest was in stock, was told yes, so I orrdered it on 30th September, was expecting a wait as usual with them. Emailed them on 15th of this month to check status of order got the obligatory "Will ship soon" sh1te, got to the 20th so I told them if it's not shipped by the 30th I want a refund, woke up today to see a refund from them.

Grand, money back and all but why the fcuk did they say it was in stock and then that it would "ship soon"..Christ.:pac:

I paid with my 3V through their paypal thing, anyway I can back charge them?

TBH, I'd sooner spend a few quid more elsewhere where they aren't scamming lying untrustworthy sh*ts.

I paid with my 3V through their paypal thing, anyway I can back charge them?

TBH, I'd sooner spend a few quid more elsewhere where they aren't scamming lying untrustworthy sh*ts.

I use a 3V card too, I think you just file a claim it through PayPal and they just credit the 3v voucher with the refund.

Blay wrote: »
    I use a 3V card too, I think you just file a claim it through PayPal and they just credit the 3v voucher with the refund.

I didn't use my paypal though, they have a CC payment thing that is done through their paypal.

I didn't use my paypal though, they have a CC payment thing that is done through their paypal.

Ah I see, 3V themselves must have some sort of claim system for direct payments, fire them an email about it.

Blay wrote: »
    Ah I see, 3V themselves must have some sort of claim system for direct payments, fire them an email about it.

No need for now, I got word back from fcuknuggets I mean jesse and its 'shipped' so we'll see about that.

He bought himself an extra day, still, last time I use them and its the first time.

I'm having issues with RSOV atm with an airsoft pistol on an order. They're saying that they cannot ship to Ireland due to "restrictions." I'm presuming it's the old chestnut of the VCRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what shipping method you using with them? there is still the old issue with ems and rifs being stopped which never went away

Puding wrote: »
    what shipping method you using with them? there is still the old issue with ems and rifs being stopped which never went away

Ah, forgot about that. The shipper is EMS. Thanks Puding.

• Advertisement

Yeah ye can only use couriers, its a customs thing in the UK.

Advertisement