Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2015 Babies Club

• 13-11-2014 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Anyone else due July 2015?

Found out last Friday. My period was only due a couple of days ago though so it's still very early days!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Congratulations! I was wondering when the July 2015 was going to appear! Got my BFP last week as well and due the middle of July. This is my second pregnancy and I already have a 1 year old. Early days too but "morning" (all day) sickness has already kicked in. Joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Congratulations ladies!

I'm also expecting again, due mid July. Feeling nauseous and have heartburn since before my missed period but not too bad yet.

Nead21 if I recall correctly you and I had the same due date for our first. I was a big stalker on the April 2013 thread but never actually posted!

Yeah I think from other posts I thought we had babies the same age alright. My son was due April 22nd but arrived 17th. Due July 14th this time. It's alot different this time with running around after a toddler!

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yeah I think from other posts I thought we had babies the same age alright. My son was due April 22nd but arrived 17th. Due July 14th this time. It's alot different this time with running around after a toddler!

Almost identical! Last one born on April 16th and next due July 13th.
    It's very different alright this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Congrats ladies. Going by my last period my doc gave me a due date of the 18th but I have slightly longer cycles than average so I think it's more like the 21st/22nd.

I've had sore boobs since very early on & have period-like pains on and off the last couple of days. No other symptoms yet apart from feeling a bit more tired than usual during the afternoons a couple of days.

Excited but nervous too as it's so early & I know a lot can go wrong at this stage.

• Advertisement

Is this your first greenorchard?

Yeah it's our first so this is all very new to me!
    Only came off the pill in Sept after being on it for the best part of 11 years and started trying properly in Oct so I'm delighted it happened straight away :-) I was a bit worried it might take a long time after coming off the pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Yeah it's our first so this is all very new to me!
    Only came off the pill in Sept after being on it for the best part of 11 years and started trying properly in Oct so I'm delighted it happened straight away :-) I was a bit worried it might take a long time after coming off the pill.

Snap! Came off the pill is Sept too (stopped the night we got married) and spent the first two months trying to avoid getting pregnant, but my body must have been fooling me. Big shock but a brilliant one!! Due on my birthday in July which is really exciting!

So so nervous though as it's my first and there's a strong history of miscarriage in the family. I'm not normally an anxious person (wedding planning was a breeze) so I've surprised myself by how anxious I am. Booked in for an 8 week early pregnancy scan in 2 weeks time so hopefully that will help put me at ease.

Feeling nauseous in the evenings. If I don't go for a run, I find my energy levels go down in the evening too, but running is really helping with the tiredness and nausea. Finding it difficult to sleep though. Kinda like my heart is racing - not sure if this is anxiety or a symptom?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Finding it difficult to sleep though. Kinda like my heart is racing - not sure if this is anxiety or a symptom?!

Popping over from the May 2015 thread :) I had this too at the start, and it was anxiety related. I would get it when trying to sleep, when I woke up at night, when I sat and thought for any few minutes :o For me it was really related to me having to keep this secret, it eased a bit with every friend/family member I told, which sounds ridiculous I know but telling them made it more real and made me feel so supported. We didn't tell anyone until 13-15 weeks and knew since 4 weeks so it was a long time to put up with it!

Hopefully it eases for you soon, scans, support from others, etc should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cork044

Hi Everyone,

Im also Due in July with my first. The anxiety is awful. My poor phone is going to blow up from googling every twinge i get...I have booked in for an early scan also. Such an exciting yet scary time.

• Advertisement

I hear ye on the anxiety. I'm really nervous of something going wrong but it does seem to be easing a bit. I spent the first few days with my heart racing & feeling really nervous. Kept thinking that we couldn't be this lucky for it to happen so quick & also stick!

Keeping it secret is tough! Meeting my best friend tonight for what's supposed to be drinks. Reckon she'll see right through my antibiotics excuse. Too early to tell her yet though, maybe in a couple of weeks.

cork044 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Im also Due in July with my first. The anxiety is awful. My poor phone is going to blow up from googling every twinge i get...I have booked in for an early scan also. Such an exciting yet scary time.

Cramps and twinges are completely normal as your body is growing in ways it never has before so needs to make space. I would only check it out if it was very painful, and even then I wouldn't google it, the big rule is Step Away From Google! You'll only scare yourself.

Cramps and twinges are completely normal as your body is growing in ways it never has before so needs to make space. I would only check it out if it was very painful, and even then I wouldn't google it, the big rule is Step Away From Google! You'll only scare yourself.

Yep my doctor told me yesterday that cramps etc are totally normal & you only need to worry if it gets to an extreme level of pain

Phew, good to hear I'm not the only one.
    Like you greenorchard, I feel like we are way too lucky for this to stick. Like, I always imagine trying to get pregnant would be a big ordeal, whereas this just happened.

The hiding it in December already has me freaking out.

Any good tips from anyone more experienced?

I think antibiotics are a big see through. And you can only claim to be driving so many times, and it doesn't work when you live in a city! I've already counted 8 big nights between now and Christmas, and we were really hoping not to announce until Christmas Day! We have just told one person on my family and one on his, and one of my friends guessed so I told her! To have them knowing is a massive relief alright! I just feel if I tell the world (and even writing here) it's tempting fate!!

Its so hard not to tell anyone because you just want to get excited but don't want to jinx anything. I also have this feeling like if I cant be so lucky. I would love to just fall asleep and wake up in Jan :) Did anyone here ever have an early scan?

I think the best I've heard so far is tell people you have a drink problem! Just that you feel you need to ease up for a while. Or that you have a wedding in January and know you'll put on weight if you drink and then eat lots over Christmas.

The best thing to do is not tell people you're not drinking, it will just draw attention to it. Get a glass of wine etc and sip on it all night, get your partner/friend who knows to get you just 7up when you ask for vodka & 7up etc. That's what I did, would chat over people to my husband and ask for another vodka pleeease, he'd just get me a 7up in the smaller spirits glass (rather than a pint glass) with some lemon in it, nobody noticed. I also made a big deal of tasting someone else's wine and commenting on how nice it was, the one or two sips is worth it to keep your cover. At the very early stages your baby lives off its yolk sac, it's not really connected to you like later when the placenta goes straight to it.

cork044 I had an early scan, at 8 weeks. It was great, gave me some temporary comfort to see the heart beating and that all looked as it should. They're great, but expensive.

Good tips on the drinking. Our work Christmas party will be the hardest part cos it's always a very boozy affair. Reckon sipping on a glass of wine is the way to go. I may also get some non-alcoholic erdinger but pour it into a glass at the bar before anyone sees it.

Definitely getting an early scan around 8 weeks I'd say. Don't have the patience to wait til 12 weeks & it'll be a big relief if everything's ok at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you all! I had our gorgeous little boy in July this year, can't believe it's almost a year to the day when I found out! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Hi everyone!

I was also waiting for the July thread to appear! Im due on the 2nd of July! This is my second, but my first is 6 yo! We are all really happy. My DS dont know it yet, we will wait until about the 12 week to tell him. He is really looking forward for a brother/sister.

Im going to book into the Coombe. I had DS in Holles st but It was not a nice experience so I want a clean start.

I have also booked the anomaly scan. They take my bloods at 10 weeks and scan at 12 weeks.

Looking forward to share the journey with all you! Congrats to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jodyk

Hi and congrats to all - am due July 17th ish and this is my first baby. Am going private in Rotunda so they booked me for a scan on December 10th when I'll be about 8 weeks - fingers crossed it all goes well cos we plan to tell our families on Xmas day :-)

• Advertisement

Told our parents last night, they're delighted. Made it seem a bit more real, eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jodyk wrote: »
    Hi and congrats to all - am due July 17th ish and this is my first baby. Am going private in Rotunda so they booked me for a scan on December 10th when I'll be about 8 weeks - fingers crossed it all goes well cos we plan to tell our families on Xmas day :-)

Im the very same date are you :) im going public so my scan wont be until mid jan so I booked a private one for Dec 10th :) cant wait! Fingers crossed for us all xx

jodyk wrote: »

Hi :) welcome! I am due the same date as you! I am going public so wont have my scan till mid jan! Which seems forever away :( anyway i booked a private scan on dec 10th! Worth the money for some peace of mind! Fingers crossed for everyone xx

So six weeks now and the nausea is back with a bang. Think I'd blocked out how bad it was last time but it's all coming back to me now :(
    Anyone else feeling rotten yet?

Yeah awful. Not too bad today but last week was terrible. I seem to feel worse as the day goes on which is really hard in work and then coming home to my little man. I just want to stay in bed! Hopefully it won't last long although I do remember the tiredness lasting alot longer than 12 weeks last time.

Anybodys boobs tenderness change? Mine seem way less sore today! I cant help but worry

Anybodys boobs tenderness change? Mine seem way less sore today! I cant help but worry

It's hard not to worry when symptoms change. My boobs aren't as sore this time but I was worried as today I didn't feel quite as sick last few days.

I think the symptoms change all the time so I'm trying not to worry.

Nead21 wrote: »
    Yeah awful. Not too bad today but last week was terrible. I seem to feel worse as the day goes on which is really hard in work and then coming home to my little man. I just want to stay in bed! Hopefully it won't last long although I do remember the tiredness lasting alot longer than 12 weeks last time.

You're like my twin! That's exactly the same as me. It's very hard to feel up to playing at that stage, never mind getting dinner/housework etc. The nausea stayed with me til about 13 weeks last time so I'm preparing myself for that. Which means no Christmas dinner to enjoy :(

This has never really been an issue for me in that they never really got sore but symptoms can fluctuate up and down so try not worry too much.

• Advertisement

Oh no Christmas dinner. I never thought about that. I'll have to arrange dinner for about 11 in the morning and retire to bed for the rest day!

Hi :) welcome! I am due the same date as you! I am going public so wont have my scan till mid jan! Which seems forever away :( anyway i booked a private scan on dec 10th! Worth the money for some peace of mind! Fingers crossed for everyone xx

Snap ! Dec 10th is the same day as my scan too :-) 22 days and counting :-) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Hi all.

Feels surreal to be posting here. Still very early days, like most here. Due roughly around the 26th of July based on last period. Haven't been to my doctor yet as we are away visiting relatives. Our first and we were sort of trying, as in we were open to the idea as we feel we are ready but probably not expecting it to happen in the first month! It feels amazing and unreal.

It's great to read about others going through the same stages, with the same pains, worries and all the rest.

Very excited over all and unsure if we can hold out until Christmas to tell our families! Has anyone else told anyone? Haven't actually said the words 'I am pregnant' out loud. It's like I think it will jinx it, so silly I know! I waited to tell daddy-to-be until the next day (so hard!) but as we weren't in our own home it felt less special. So bought the tiniest 'I love dad' socks and a first time father book and we went for lunch somewhere special and I gave him the gifts to tell him!! He suspected, but it was lovely. We both teared up a few times!

Okay, done with rambling! Sorry! Very excited! ;)

Congrats Wholeheartedly! That's a lovely story about how you told your OH.

We've told my mam and both of his parents so far, we told them about 10 days after we found out. Will try and hold off another couple of weeks before telling siblings but I think I'll tell one of my friends in the next week or so cos she's pregnant too & I can't wait to tell her. I'm not very good at keeping secrets!

Booked an early scan today for Dec 11th, can't wait :-)

Ahhh I don't think I am so good with secrets either. Just very excited. Being in another country makes it even more surreal. Will a book a doctors appointment as soon as we are home. And haven't decided about an early scan? It would be nice to hear a heartbeat! <3

I would just have my dad to tell, don't think he will be too pushed to know very soon. Have both my OH parents, but honestly don't think his mum will be able to hear to keep it a secret at all! First grandchild etc. :)

Ah we both have older siblings so there's already quite a few grandchildren on both sides so we knew they'd be good for keeping it secret. I haven't told my dad yet though as I wouldn't trust him at all to keep it to himself!

• Advertisement

Welcome wholeheartedly, that's a lovely story about how you told your OH :-) My hubby wanted to tell my parents the day after we found out - he was just too excited to hold it in ! Everyone else is coming to our house for Xmas dinner so we're going to announce it then - very hard keeping it in !!

Thanks!! It's easier to keep the secret as we are away, asked OH about it again today and he said 'well if I see my mum I think I will just have to tell her straight away'. Very sweet. He is so excited too. So we are trying to think of a nice way to tell them, maybe will get an early scan and give them a scan pic framed. First grandchild is special and his mum is dying for it! And has no idea we were trying!

Woke up during the night last night with really bad pains in my stomach, very sore and my head was spinning, or rather looping, so strange and I felt terrible and scared. But no bleeding or even spotting so trusting all is well. Feel extremely weak and shaky today. But okay ish other than that. Hard work growing a human ;) fingers crossed all is well.

We just told my Mam and his sister. And a friend of mine guessed, and I thought I was doing such a great job of keeping it secret. To be fair, she'd guessed even before I knew as I was really sick after drinking one night around the time we conceieved which wouldn't be like me at all (usually I'm well able for it ;-) ).

Have early scan booked in for Saturday week, so think we might tell the rest of the 2 families the weekend after that all going well. The first week it was impossible keeping it quiet - I found it so stressful (along with everything else). But I'm a bit calmer now and it's a bit easier. The Christmas drinking is going to be the absolute worst! The sister in law (who knows) already made the comment "sure Loukkcat is such an alco, they'll all guess straight away"...the fact that she said this a day I was already hormonal didn't help!

Had spotting all weekend which did freak me out, but it's gone now and I've been taking it easy all week, and the morning sickness is here with a whack (no vomiting though). Strange to feel so relieved about feeling so rotten!

Sounds like we are all equally excited/ freaked out by the whole thing!

kkcatlou wrote: »
    the morning sickness is here with a whack (no vomiting though). Strange to feel so relieved about feeling so rotten!

I hear ya on this! Was shattered today (have slept really badly the last few nights) and I was FAMISHED all day to the point of feeling sick. It eased whenever I ate but then I'd be ravenous again quite quickly. I already have a very fast metabolism & am one of those people who needs to eat very regularly or I start to feel faint. So now it's like that times two!

Horrible as I felt though, it was also a relief in a way cos I was only saying last night that I didn't feel pregnant cos my boobs weren't really sore anymore & that was the only symptom I'd been having so far apart from occasional cramps. I definitely feel pregnant again today!

Horrible as I felt though, it was also a relief in a way cos I was only saying last night that I didn't feel pregnant cos my boobs weren't really sore anymore & that was the only symptom I'd been having so far apart from occasional cramps. I definitely feel pregnant again today!

You can have no "symptoms" and still have a perfectly healthy pregnancy. People seem to forget that missing a period is a constant symptom :) Don't worry if you feel good, not sick, etc, enjoy it, trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Hey girls, just looking to join the party. Just got my BFP on Wednesday and still sinking in after a year of trying and also being in the throes of being diagnosed with endometriosis, and thinking of the hurdles that would bring. I'm twinge central at the moment and trying to relax about it all. It's pretty odd eh ?!? First time round so looking to learn a lot from you guys! Because having visited the hospital briefly the other day it appears I KNOW NOTHING!! And too early to ask anyone either lol someone hold my hand!!

Hey girls, just looking to join the party. Just got my BFP on Wednesday and still sinking in after a year of trying and also being in the throes of being diagnosed with endometriosis, and thinking of the hurdles that would bring. I'm twinge central at the moment and trying to relax about it all. It's pretty odd eh ?!? First time round so looking to learn a lot from you guys! Because having visited the hospital briefly the other day it appears I KNOW NOTHING!! And too early to ask anyone either lol someone hold my hand!!

Welcome & congratulations. You must be so thrilled after a year of trying. I thought that was a bit more normal for some reason, my MIL was always hinting about having kids soon, 'never a right time and so on' ;) and one of the other things she said a few times was it doesn't happen right away. Which accounts for why I am still so shocked it happened the first time. Really didn't think it would. And now everything seems so soon. And like you I feel like a need a lot of hand holding but afraid to tell anyone! Only 5w1d. Very early. So not sure what to do. I think we will go for an early scan next week and then make a decision on telling someone or not.

I feel like I know way more about everything after the birth but not very much up until then. I am so nauseous and have no energy at all and really uncomfortable cramps. Like last night I went to sleep so nauseous and woke up the same, afraid to get up to pee in case I made it worse but had to around 7am and it make it so so much worse. Can't lie on my back or front, as it makes it worse. Cried 4 times over breakfast. I honestly had no idea it could be so bad so early.

I guess lots of people I know didn't even figured out they are pregnant until 10/12 weeks. Someone I knew through a friend didn't know until 5 months!

So thought it would be barely noticeable. Ha HA how I laugh at my naive self.

I hope you are getting on alright and not feeling too awful. There seems to be a lot of newbies on this thread. Which is nice but I did have a read through the June 2015 thread to try get an idea of what's to come. Found it helpful. Congrats again!

Wholeheartedly, I also thought morning sickness didn't start for another week or two but I'm sick as a dog the last two days. Yesterday I had terrible nausea & today it's worse again & has progressed to vomiting. I'm not even 6 weeks yet! Dreading work tomorrow, don't know how I'm going to get through the day, let alone the week.

Snap! I was/am shocked at the effect it's having so soon. And as you said not even six weeks! Fingers crossed it doesn't get much worse. Can't imagine work on top of it too. I am so weak after the nausea too, this morning by the time I got to the bottom of the stairs my legs were like jelly and I was shaking. It's like I have been sick in bed for days!! Cutting holiday short as I am useless!

Hi all, I was 6 weeks on Sat and the nausea kicked in straight away - I was really hoping to be one of the lucky ones who would avoid it totally ! Like you kkcatlou, I'm not vomiting but I almost wish I could because maybe this horrible constant sicky feeling would go away then ! Have tried gingerale, peppermint, gaviscon, dry crackers, sipping water, sitting up, lying down, absolutely nothing works ! It even woke me during the night on Sat night and last night ! Am sooo hoping I don't have another 6 weeks of this to face into !!! Welcome to the new joiners, and congrats to you all xx

7 Weeks tomorrow and nausea is awful. I'm sitting at my desk trying to nibble on an oakcake. I just realised I forgot my ginger tea :(

Wholeheartedly I can understand the crying.My emotions are all over the place too. I cried several times during the TV3 Toy Show on Friday and I'm nearly welling over my forgotten ginger tea. I don't remember from last time.

Congrats to all the new joiners!

7 weeks today and nausea is just getting worse and worse, it's a miserable existence. Like you jody k, it's all day long and nothing works to help it. The only relief is when I'm asleep. It's very hard to be bubbly with a toddler when you feel crap and just want to go to bed! In a way, work is at least a bit of a distraction and easier than being home all day with the little man.
    Anyone else absolutely exhausted too? Only had the nausea last time. Could've done without another symptom!
    On the plus side, I've an early scan next week to look forward to.

Hang in there ladies, we'll all be feeling better in a few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm 8 weeks 4 days. Had a scan this morning to follow up after a bleed a couple of weeks ago. Last time there was just the gestational sac and yolk sac to be seen as I was only 6 weeks so it was lovely to a wiggly little blob with a nice strong heartbeat today.

My symptoms come and go. I have intermittent nausea and vomiting. It's definitely worse when I am hungry. I'm a bit more tired and look like I have a pot belly by night time. It's funny, the nausea kicked in a lot earlier this time but was more constant when it did last time so I get nervous when it disappears. I have a little girl who just turned one so I should be grateful that it's not as full on as last time I suppose! I keep comparing this to my last pregnancy and it's quite different so far.

I had to call in sick today, was vomiting again this morning & felt terrible. Still feel awful, I'm gonna try go for acupuncture tomorrow if I can get an appointment somewhere, hoping it might help a bit.

I had to call in sick today, was vomiting again this morning & felt terrible. Still feel awful, I'm gonna try go for acupuncture tomorrow if I can get an appointment somewhere, hoping it might help a bit.

Poor you greenorchard. Do you have an understanding boss? I had to tell mine due to working hours. Do you ever get the feeling though that people are thinking "it's only a bit of morning sickness, get on with it!"

Looks like most of the July thread are feeling a bit rough :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement