Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Franks RedHot Sauce

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rockfist

mndgz wrote: »
    Frank's is on offer in Dunnes from tomorrow

Cheers for that, ill bulk buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its €3.15 in Super Valu and always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In my local Spar the Original is €3.69 and the Wings sauce is €3.99

Tesco in maynooth definitely have had Franks in the past.

Cheers for the Dunnes news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

anyone gto a good recipe for a coating for wings ?
    I normally oven cook them and then douse 'em in Franks.

I'd love a coating that would work in the oven though as I don't have a deep-fat fryer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Easy
    Boil them for about 30 minutes
    Let them cool and put the sauce over them and let them marinade for a few hours
    Put them in the oven for 20 minutes
    Yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seasoned flour. Then onto a wire rack and into the fridge (uncovered) for about an hour. Works every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

Easy
    Yum yum

Hmmm this could be a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Can confirm its €2 atm in Dunnes, well stocked up on my Franks fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Never could get the hot wings to taste quite right but I love Franks on everything else, even in my sambos for college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Easy
    Yum yum
    There is a long thread on cooking them, most people, including the franks recipe on the bottle, do not call for them to me marinated with it at all. You cook the wings and put the sauce on after. And you make up the sauce with butter do not just lash it on neat.

I think many do not make it up with butter, even though the recipe/instructions are right there on the bottle, and then they bad mouth it. It'd be like me saying I hate chicken, always get a rotten stomach off it, and neglecting to mention I never cooked it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

rubadub wrote: »
    There is a long thread on cooking them, most people, including the franks recipe on the bottle, do not call for them to me marinated with it at all. You cook the wings and put the sauce on after. And you make up the sauce with butter do not just lash it on neat.

I think many do not make it up with butter, even though the recipe/instructions are right there on the bottle, and then they bad mouth it. It'd be like me saying I hate chicken, always get a rotten stomach off it, and neglecting to mention I never cooked it!

Im not saying thats what everyone should do
    Its what i do and it works for me

The problem with marinading them in the sauce and then baking them is that you loose the sharpness of vinegar as it evaporates.
    Same thing happens if you leave the sauce/butter mix heating in a saucepan for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Depending on what I'm in the mood for, I'll bake them with sauce on, for a bit of heat, but no tang, or just dip the wings into the sauce and nom them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

was in dunnes & they now havw half size bottle of franks. In amoungst them I found 1 Franks Xtra hot sauce!!
    It wouldn't scan at till or read the barcode manually, so they just scanned a regular franks hot sauce.
    Wonder was it a sample bottle left by the rep in error??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

hey, anyone know where to get franks sauce now? or where it might be on special? just tried super valu and dunnes-they looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked them about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It's in most places these days. Don't think tesco stock it but dunnes do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I was looking for it in Tesco a few days ago, they only had the 148ml size, I hope they're not phasing them out

Hopefullly not.

I notice Dominos Pizza now offer Buffalo Wings with "Franks Red hot Sauce" so they look to be expanding somwehat in Ireland

Dodge wrote: »
    I notice Dominos Pizza now offer Buffalo Wings with "Franks Red hot Sauce"
    Which aren't great tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

kenobiwan wrote: »
    hey, anyone know where to get franks sauce now? or where it might be on special? just tried super valu and dunnes-they looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked them about it!

It was still on special (€2) in Dunnes last time I saw it about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Slunk wrote: »
    It's in most places these days. Don't think tesco stock it but dunnes do.

They do actually, I picked up 2 big bottles in the last month, Tesco Drogheda and Tesco Balbriggan.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ah sorry. Just anytime I go to tesco finglas they never have it.

Could be just yours. I know Tesco Celbridge never has it, while Tesco maynooth always have plenty of bottles and Tesco Clondalking sometimes have them

I'm lucky that even our local Spar stock it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Dunes in Charlestown always carry it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dodge wrote: »
    Hopefullly not.

I notice Dominos Pizza now offer Buffalo Wings with "Franks Red hot Sauce" so they look to be expanding somwehat in Ireland

They also have tubs of it, same size as the garlic etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement