Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Your all doing so well! Jealous!

Today is the first normal day I've had all week! Where I wont be running around not having time for proper meals at proper times!

Need to clock in some serious treadmill time next few days...

Lainy, you were saying something a few days ago about drinking Malibu and Diet Coke. How much is in a measure of Malibu please?

P.S Love the new puppy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Micki wrote: »
    Lainy, you were saying something a few days ago about drinking Malibu and Diet Coke. How much is in a measure of Malibu please?

P.S Love the new puppy! :D

35ml is the Irish Standard Pub measure, spirits are about 3pp per mesure

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Made the herby pea soup recipe for lunch today that was in the Sunday World this week. Quite nice but way too much for one sitting along with a slice of brown soda bread. Have kept half for himself this evening.

If anyone needs the recipe I'll put it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Caros wrote: »
    Made the herby pea soup recipe for lunch today that was in the Sunday World this week. Quite nice but way too much for one sitting along with a slice of brown soda bread. Have kept half for himself this evening.

If anyone needs the recipe I'll put it up.
    yes please!

Add a vegetable stock cube or stock pot which is what I used (1pp) to 400mls water. Bring to the boil, add 200g frozen peas (4pp).
    Simmer for 3 mins.
    Add 1 tablespoon each of chopped mint and parsley.
    Liquidise and season.

There's loads for 2 medium bowls in this, or 1 brimming to the full bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

Add a vegetable stock cube or stock pot which is what I used (1pp) to 400mls water. Bring to the boil, add 200g frozen peas (4pp).
    Simmer for 3 mins.
    Liquidise and season.

Thanks for this.....might give it a go tonite.....tired of Carrot and Coriander soup :cool: and I forgot to take something out for my dinner so this might fill the void and prevent me snacking off the kids plates (they are getting sausages tonite as my DH is cooking)....its terrible I have to get my DH to empty their leftovers in the bin cause I know if I do it, I will eat all the tasty bits on the way to the bin :( and then point it to discover I have had like an extra 5-10 pts :eek: happened to me on my first week on WW

Just made a yummy fruit salad with strawberries, bananas and pears, had it with a low fat yougurt (1pp) and a meringue nest (2pp) so not bad for a lunch time snack and helped me avoid the treats someone brought in and left in the canteen for the office!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Simmer for 3 mins.
    Liquidise and season.

If I make this soup can I freeze it... It sounds gorgeous and I've loads of parsley and mint in my garden to use up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

35ml is the Irish Standard Pub measure, spirits are about 3pp per mesure

Thanks. Might switch from Bulmers light to it and save myself a point a drink! Hope it doesnt make me too drunk though! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I won €130 notes in a 'Biggest Looser' in work :cool:

second woohoo!!! of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Well done everyone - some great losses this week! I'm weighing in tonight at 6 and really hoping for -2.5 to get my 10%... had a really good week food and exercise wise so fingers crossed! Its so hard to know though, last time I had what I thought was a bad week I lost 4 lbs! Dont know what goes on with my body sometimes.

• Advertisement

LinK3 wrote: »
    If I make this soup can I freeze it... It sounds gorgeous and I've loads of parsley and mint in my garden to use up:)

Ya I'd say you could seeing as the peas have been cooked, but it might lose it's green colour.

Found this recipe and its yummy and low in PP so thought I would share
    Chicken salad with chilli,ginger and lime dressing.
    serves 4 , 23 PP for full recipe and worked out at 5.75 so pointed it at 6PP
    Ingredients:
    4 skinless chicken breasts, cut thinly in to strips
    1 chinease cabbage, thinly sliced
    3 medium carrots, pelled and sliced thinly
    1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
    100g sugar snap peas, sliced
    1 tablespoon of sunflower oil ( I used low fat spray)
    a handful of fresh coriander
    For the marinade
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    juice of 1/2 a lime
    1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    1/2 a red chilli, finely chopped
    1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
    For the dressing
    3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
    1 tablesoppon of soysauce
    1 tablespoon smooth low fat peanut butter
    juice of 1/2 a lime
    1 tablespoon of honey
    1 teaspoon seasame oil
    1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
    1/2 a red chilli, finely chopped
    1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger.peeled and finely chopped

TIP you can add more vegatables, peppers,cucumber,spring onions etc
    Method
    *mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, add the chicken strips and mix through, cover and place in the fridge to marinate while you prepare the salad and dressing.In a small bowl,whisk all the ingredients for dressing on till combined. place the chinease cabbage,carrots,redonion and sugar snap peas in a large salad bowl. Add half the dressing and combine untill all the vegetables are well coated.
    *Heat the sun flower oil (low fat spray) in a fryingpan.remove the chicken strips from the marinade and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side untill golden brown and cooked through. Serve the salad in individual bowls topped with the chicken,a little chopped coriander an extra drizzle of the dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LORNLAKES22

Hi just reading through the recipe, very nice - but just wanted to double check the points - is it 23 for the lot as that matches with your 5.75 or 33 which would be 8.25 - have to be pedantic - every point counts ;)

Hi just reading through the recipe, very nice - but just wanted to double check the points - is it 23 for the lot as that matches with your 5.75 or 33 which would be 8.25 - have to be pedantic - every point counts ;)

I got 23 but I used low fat spray so 5.75 I called it 6 pp per portion! now If I have pointed it wrong correct me please :) still 8 PP wouldnt be bad either esp if you bulked it up with more salad veg!

hi Baby75
    sorry I didnt point it - you wrote 33, on your message but your maths was 23 so I was just checking, obviously just a typo -:o

PS. yes 8 would be fine too :) it does sound very tasty so will definitely be one to try

hi Baby75
    sorry I didnt point it - you wrote 33, on your message but your maths was 23 so I was just checking, obviously just a typo -:o

Oh wow my bad :o well spotted :) sorry for the confusion ! it was very very yummy

Fab sounding recipe baby75 , sounds right up my street!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

1.5 down. happy with that since i did have a few drinks too many on Saturday and there were repurcussions of it through sunday!

GT_TDI congrats!! that's my big thing too - want to be in the 14's so much. (another 7 lbs to go). Going to take a while cos i have two weekends away comming up.

• Advertisement

1.5 down. happy with that since i did have a few drinks too many on Saturday and there were repurcussions of it through sunday!

GT_TDI congrats!! that's my big thing too - want to be in the 14's so much. (another 7 lbs to go). Going to take a while cos i have two weekends away comming up.

I jump from target to target, getting below 15st was my most recent one, next is 200LBS ... 8.5 away from this! then I will only be 4LBS away from breaking through into 13st

motivation thingy:

Dont forget to get Week1 number to me by friday night!!rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 katmcl

what a day! Week 3 weigh in...down another 3lbs ... that's 14.5lbs in 3 weeks amazing:D Got my 2nd silver 7 this morning...my 5% goal and my first stone... these propoints really do work.

guys,

are merengue nest ard to make yourself?

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

are merengue nest ard to make yourself?

ta

I've never tired. Think its just egg whites and sugar tho?

Also, new find if you fancy a change from meragnues, someone mentioned these little flan bases at my meeting.
    I found a pack of 6 in tesco for 1.29. They are 2 points each, had with low fat creme fraiche (1 pp) and some berries, really delicious and thought I was having a "proper" dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Had my WI tonight and I was down 3lbs! I'm so happy as I really didn't think it would be that much.

Now down 21.5 lbs and got my third silver seven tonight :) Hoping to get down into the 11st mark next week I haven't been there in about three years!!

Well done on everyone else's losses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey guys does anyone know how many pp's would be in a large mocha from java city? Had one after lunch and dunno how to point it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Up 1lb tonight at wi :mad: totm so hopefully will show next week as had a good week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Down 2lbs tonight so only half a pound away from my 10% was a bit disappointed because I had been hoping to get it tonight but actually think I might have been under-eating last week. Ah well still 2lbs is great and will definitely get there next week!

So is the pea soup 5pp for the lot, I had 2 bowls out of it, and left the second for my husband.. Should I only count 2.5 points for the portion I had??? Or 3???

LinK3 wrote: »
    So is the pea soup 5pp for the lot, I had 2 bowls out of it, and left the second for my husband.. Should I only count 2.5 points for the portion I had??? Or 3???

The whole lot is 5. I counted my half as 3 , in the spirit of rounding up and all that! No doubt I'll redeem the half point somewhere else!

• Advertisement

Thank you Caros;) that means I've 11 pps left for today... That's a lot but I'm full now.. Am I sabotaging myself by leaving that many dailies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

down 3lbs tonight cardio kick boxing is paying off :D:D

well done on all the weight loss! Im soooo jelous!:D mine creeps off but hey I will get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Hang in there Baby75, I have been losing half a pound a week and this week i lost 1.5 pounds... :D

Ramette wrote: »
    Hang in there Baby75, I have been losing half a pound a week and this week i lost 1.5 pounds... :D

I am going to stick it out till the end! at least its coming off :) ps better down than up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Hey everyone!

Me and my friend started WeightWatchers tonight. Really motivated but one thing Im not sure of is our target weight. Nothing like this was mentioned?
    Did someone forget or is it just not done?
    Thanks! Will be an interesting week

Hey everyone!

Me and my friend started WeightWatchers tonight. Really motivated but one thing Im not sure of is our target weight. Nothing like this was mentioned?
    Did someone forget or is it just not done?
    Thanks! Will be an interesting week

good luck they normally wait on till you have a good bit lost before setting a goal you will have your 7 pound goal then 5% and then10%

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Baby75 wrote: »
    How may points in golden syrup does any one know please just made a pudding will post the recipe in the thread for it! but I was meant to use whole eggs and only used the whites so working out the points now!

2 teaspoons is 1pp (1 teaspoon is 0pp)

agrif06 wrote: »
    2 teaspoons is 1pp (1 teaspoon is 0pp)
    really thanks!

flamelily wrote: »
    can someone tell me how to point a portion of avocado??? I know the book says its 8pp for a 'medium' one but I always find that my idea of medium often is vastly different from theirs??? I ate an 80g portion last night but am not sure what points to give it :confused:

According to ww.co.uk 80g is 4pp - medium is 155g and 9pp

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    really thanks!

Well, I hope they're all the same, but that's Lyle's Lyle's Golden Syrup on ww.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

I just realised 9 weeks til my hol to S Africa!! I really need to shed this weight, 2 stone in the last yr!! Im sickened :( Feb last yr I was competing in duathlons and races.....ugh I feel soooo fed up tonight.
    I was doing well all day... 10pts between breakfast and lunch as knew was going out for dinner tonight. I had no starter, I had pasta carbonara(not great menu) 18pp and no dessert as I had a ww lemon cake when I came home!!! I just feel soooo down as I started this diet thing before xmas but only rejoined ww about 3 weeks ago cuz I knew I couldnt do it on my own as Ive no friends or family up here with me to support me.
    I lost 5.5lbs first 2 weeks,up 1 this week.
    SO MUCH TO LOSE SO LITTLE TIME!!!
    Feel like having a cry!!Sorry for my rant.....just feel like I have nobody else to rant too at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Anyone help me out on pointing a large mocha - think it was made with full fat milk

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Anyone help me out on pointing a large mocha - think it was made with full fat milk

how large? starbucks large....or cafe large? LOL

Layla0509 wrote: »

M&S Large Mocha with full fat milk is 10pp

Costa Coffee Full Fat Mocha Massimo (i think thats large) is 5pp

agrif06 wrote: »
    M&S Large Mocha with full fat milk is 10pp

yeah the M&S ones are higher cos they make the mocha by melting down squares of chocolate instead of using coco powder...they are insanely devine!

kc83 wrote: »
    I just realised 9 weeks til my hol to S Africa!! I really need to shed this weight, 2 stone in the last yr!! Im sickened :( Feb last yr I was competing in duathlons and races.....ugh I feel soooo fed up tonight.
    I was doing well all day... 10pts between breakfast and lunch as knew was going out for dinner tonight. I had no starter, I had pasta carbonara(not great menu) 18pp and no dessert as I had a ww lemon cake when I came home!!! I just feel soooo down as I started this diet thing before xmas but only rejoined ww about 3 weeks ago cuz I knew I couldnt do it on my own as Ive no friends or family up here with me to support me.
    I lost 5.5lbs first 2 weeks,up 1 this week.
    SO MUCH TO LOSE SO LITTLE TIME!!!
    Feel like having a cry!!Sorry for my rant.....just feel like I have nobody else to rant too at the moment

you done great the first two weeks and you will have the pound gone before you know it and more just keep at it, your still 4 and a half pounds lighter than you were two weeks ago! that means something! if you lose a pound to 2 pound that's 9 pounds or double that 18 gone in 9 weekssmile.gif
    I know how hard it is being in a new place knowing no one! I moved from Dublin to Australia and then back home then moved to Carlow, I still have friends at home but have more acquaintances here LOL I have my DH parents and they are lovely but not the same as my sisters and mum.

going to the meeting might be just what you need get you out chatting to like minded people

yeah the M&S ones are higher cos they make the mocha by melting down squares of chocolate instead of using coco powder...they are insanely devine!

I was wondering why it was so much more - it sounds gorgeous though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight. Hope I'm down. Have been fairly good this week, but TOTM so not sure - fingers crossed anyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement