Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked Episodes [**Read Mod Warning - Post 1**]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do you guys mean 480p?

Anyways, like I usually do, I'm waiting until all 10 episodes air, then I'll be binge-watching them over a day or two in 1080p. Much more enjoyable. Half a season in lower than 1080p/720p quality means nothing to me.

1080 wouldn't be available until the blu rays come out I would have thought? That's a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I read the episode 8 is available too, and I read a WTF spoiler of that episode too.

/unplugs router, throws iPhone in the microwave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

....throws iPhone in the microwave

Charging it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I read the episode 8 is available too, and I read a WTF spoiler of that episode too.

Only episodes 1-4 have been leaked. So far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jesus this is mad, great start to a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just watched them all. Some highlights:

- Didn't really like the Littlefinger recast at first, but Martin Lawrence really made that role his own by around episode 5/6.
    - The musical episode did nothing for me. Works for some shows, but not this. Skip episode 8 if that's not your thing.
    - Too much product placement in this series. Really have to wonder how much the likes of Ford and Motorola are paying the producers.
    - The added laughter track really highlights the gags and funny moments. Not for everyone, but I find it enhances the show.
    - Was dreading the 30 minute episode format when I first read about it, but it really works well, and the 2 commercial breaks don't interrupt the flow of things half as much as I thought they would.
    - Queen Latifah cameo was one of the television highlights of the year.
    - Some of the visual effects were lacking. There were a few scenes where you could tell that the horses were really just a bunch of cats taped together. I assume the budget was limited after they commissioned the new Azealia Banks intro from episode 3 onwards, which is great by the way.

Edit: Forgot to add, even if you're not a fan, watch the finale. The car chase scene is just mind blowing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So torn on whether or not to put up with the poverty quality but if all 10 episodes do get released, which they're rumoured to be, I think I'd sacrifice quality for not having to wait almost three months to binge watch it. Plus spoilers.

But apparently there are some 720p copies of at least one episode going around now, but this could be trolls on the torrent sites and forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm torn as well on the quality aspect, as I watch on a 50" TV and I've always watched it in 720p, but the opportunity to watch four brand new episodes in a block is just too tempting. I think I'll watch them on a smaller 32" TV we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Acquired the first episode and it's definitely watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I've a 46" telly here and the quality is fine, i couldn't wait for them to air too much possibility of spoilers I've already had much of it spoiled from readers in the last 4 series, social media will be alive with spoilers now with these out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

feck these crappy rips, now I have to avoid all GoT talk until the proper episodes have been released

why would you want to watch such crappy quality of a show like this? and then have to wait 6 weeks until the next episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

For previous seasons there was always a readers thread and a non readers thread. Does this mean there's gonna have to be a third "saw the leaked episodes" thread for a few weeks? Anyway I was torn until I heard there might be more than 4 episodes leaked, looks like I'm going to sacrifice quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

kingtiger wrote: »
    feck these crappy rips, now I have to avoid all GoT talk until the proper episodes have been released

why would you want to watch such crappy quality of a show like this? and then have to wait 6 weeks until the next episode

The same reason people bring cameras into a cinema, supply and demand...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Mickeroo wrote: »
    1080 wouldn't be available until the blu rays come out I would have thought? That's a long wait!
    No, 1080p HDTV rips, a day after the episode airs. Each episode is 3+ GB and fantastic quality. I don't keep those files though, I also acquire the 1080p Blu-ray rips, where each episode is nearly 6GB. Those I keep for future re-watching.

think its time for HBO to do a Netflix type release, the whole season at once

the cable model is dead

Quality is fine to be fair. Nothing wrong with them at all. Great to have 4 episodes to watch.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Quality is fine to be fair. Nothing wrong with them at all. Great to have 4 episodes to watch.

do you still have VCR and a CRT telly :p

may as well rub sand in my eyes as it would be the same result as watching a rip @ 645 Kbps on a 55" telly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

if only someone would leak Winds of Winter we would be set, oh wait!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

kingtiger wrote:
    may as well rub sand in my eyes as it would be the same result as watching a rip @ 645 Kbps on a 55" telly

kingtiger wrote:
    do you still have VCR and a CRT telly

I still wonder why people want to watch in full HD when main thing is storyline here.....the quality is good for 4 episodes of a number 1 series in the world !!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

O my ****ing god it's like Christmas!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQYsxWeLrbR7tEgsRGIKt8_pMcmZ27k0ZF4TRqcnqVvDr0aChU

• Advertisement

HD is overrated. Sure its the story I'm after, not HD quality of men's arses, unless that's your sort of thing of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

kingtiger wrote: »

I'd have to give up facebook, twitter, reddit, youtube and boards to name a few for the next 5 weeks if i didnt watch them because they will def be spoiled

Never thought there were people that would refuse to watch something unless it was in full HD, but here they are, and all in one place.

I wonder how long before they refuse to watch anything in 1080p?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was wary of spoilers and then I remembered I've read the damn book :confused: Too much whiskey last night.

Probably won't watch them tbh, more for not wanting to wait 5 weeks then quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

season 6 ep 1 and 2 are there now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Bloody hell, great news.

The 5 week wait is gonna be a pain in the bollocks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, does anyone know where the scene with
    Bronn and his wife and jamie
    is located?? Somewhere in Northern Ireland perhaps? I presume the
    castle
    was not CGI Thanks!!

EDIT: Apologies, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Never thought there were people that would refuse to watch something unless it was in full HD, but here they are, and all in one place.

I wonder how long before they refuse to watch anything in 1080p?

Wasting a show like this on standard definition is very silly unless you have a CRT TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

on one particular website(just one).episode one has been downloaded 186000 times in 3 hours :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement