Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The X-Files - Season 10 & 11 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The earlier seasons were easily the best. I had lost interest pretty much soon after Dogget came into being a regular, nothing to do with him but rather because of how the story went, and I never watched it through to the conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Interestingly when they first came out I also lost interest when Dogget came aboard. But I rewatched it start to finish about 5 years ago and enjoyed it all. Really looking forward to seeing what they do here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dogget had a pretty good back story to be fair.

I just think fans were getting a bit of X-Files fatigue and losing Mulder when Dogget came on board didn't do the character any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had heard Robert Patrick was approached to come back, along with Annabeth Gish and Mitch Pileggi. Did he reject the opportunity, or was he not asked after all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The talk at the time was that Duchovny started to get bored around season 6-7.

I am a Doggett fan. I think most of the talk about Gish and Patrick has been speculation, though I believe Patrick ruled himself out preferring to concentrate on his Scorpion gig.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I watched the whole series from start to finish earlier this year. Loved it. Agreed it lost something when Mulder left (actually I think Season 7 was where it started to really go downhill) but I did like the final episode. Will be glued to the new ones.

Hope we'll find out what happened to William.

• Advertisement

Video and what's that at the end? :cool:

Well then 1 a day it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ah feck it, now I wanna watch all the seasons again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I had gotten up to around season 4, I think. Must get back into it. I hope I marked which dvd was the last one I watched! It was after Scully's abduction but before the alien train car episode, so somewhere in there o_O

Teaser

Kumail Nanjiani of Silicon Valley will be appearing. He's a big XF nerd and host of the podcast 'X Files Files', though he hasn't put out an episode since May.

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/622554054137229312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose join Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Can't wait for this.

Just started rewarding it AGAIN last week. Just finished 'The Host'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What channel would this be on over here? FOX or Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think the only time a TV show has legitimately scared me was when those alien balaclava-face bastards were lighting people. Hope it isn't ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I remember watching the "Home" episode from season 4 back in the day and thinking it was some of the most messed-up stuff ever to hit tv. What a show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

BiggerBoat wrote: »
    Can't wait for this.

Just started rewarding it AGAIN last week. Just finished 'The Host'.

That's a great episode. I loved Hell Money and Our Town from that season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

glued wrote: »
    That's a great episode. I loved Hell Money and Our Town from that season too.

He'll Money is season 3. I had to check because i remembered not seeing it in seasons 2's episode list. :)

Yes, Our Town is an excellent episode. Also Die Hand die verletzt is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

BiggerBoat wrote: »
    He'll Money is season 3. I had to check because i remembered not seeing it in seasons 2's episode list. :)

Yes, Our Town is an excellent episode. Also Die Hand die verletzt is great.

Yes, that was a great episode too. Season 2-3 are probably the best of the lot IMO.

Annabeth Gish to Reprise Reyes

Hope the role doesn't call for her to pretend to be a native Spanish speaker again. That was cringeworthy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I really remember very little of this reading this thread, did the lone gunman not go out in a blaze of glory locking themselves in a school with a toxin or was I just really tired at that stage.

I remember being really sad when they passed away, hate to ruin the punch of it by having them return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

CramCycle wrote: »
    I really remember very little of this reading this thread, did the lone gunman not go out in a blaze of glory locking themselves in a school with a toxin or was I just really tired at that stage.

I remember being really sad when they passed away, hate to ruin the punch of it by having them return.

In the comic book version they faked their own deaths with the help of the FBI so I presume that's what'll happen?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In the comic book version they faked their own deaths with the help of the FBI so I presume that's what'll happen?

Ah never read the comic, can't imagine that made much sense though, is the comic worth a read? Have they made it clear that the comic will be Canon for the new show?

• Advertisement

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Hope the role doesn't call for her to pretend to be a native Spanish speaker again. That was cringeworthy.

I've little memory of that. Back in the day, we mocked her for pronunciation of Scully. Agent Skolly!

The X-Files limited series is also on track, and the network heads presented the first footage from the series, a clip in which Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) reconnect following an estrangement.

Put bluntly, the clip was weird, and not weird in the way footage from The X-Files should be. Many of the critics in the room were surprised by the tone of the clip, which somehow came across as comedic and spoof-like thanks to stilted performances by Duchovny and Anderson and dialogue that sounded like it was cribbed from fan fiction.

http://www.avclub.com/article/tca-roundup-fox-gets-critics-excited-more-empire-w-223506

Please don't screw this up. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/nprmonkeysee/status/633371897657454592

Two part trailer due on Monday evening US time - so the small hours of Tuesday for us, I guess.

Here we go...

A little :D and :confused: Time to watch it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Here we go...

A little :D and :confused: Time to watch it again.

Could not be any more psyched after watching that! :D

Previous clip didn't have the intro. 360p full clip here. Fox have already pulled some links.

Looks like the cigarette man is going to be in it judging by the hand at the very end. Last time we saw him he was incapacitated and smoking through a tube in his troat! Maybe I'm overthinking it haha!

Can't say I'm too excited, looks like more of the conspiracy stuff. It always worked better as individual stories or arcs over a couple, but as I said already in this thread the conspiracy theme it stuck with got boring.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Can't say I'm too excited, looks like more of the conspiracy stuff. It always worked better as individual stories or arcs over a couple, but as I said already in this thread the conspiracy theme it stuck with got boring.

I much preferred the conspiracy theme! The monster-of-the-week stories were too hit and miss.

Do you think ? Maybe I was getting bored with anyway by that stage anyway.

I might go watch the last season to try figure out at what point I stopped watching and give it a go again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1SmJUBT5q0

Longer trailer here with a different introduction

Some of it looks great, some of it looks dodgy as hell.

I know I am going to love it but I hope it's because it's good rather than nostalgia dulling my mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CramCycle wrote: »
    Some of it looks great, some of it looks dodgy as hell.

There were reports of it coming across as cheesy as feck. Some of the early footage had the heads in Fox fuming it came across completely OTT almost like a parody of itself.

Hopefully some reshoots and editing will work wonders.

Loughc wrote: »
    There were reports of it coming across as cheesy as feck. Some of the early footage had the heads in Fox fuming it came across completely OTT almost like a parody of itself.

There were bits with Duchovny that looked like the cutting room floor of Evolution. This is my fear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks like the cigarette man is going to be in it judging by the hand at the very end. Last time we saw him he was incapacitated and smoking through a tube in his troat! Maybe I'm overthinking it haha!

I thought the last we seen of him was him taking one final drag of a cigarette before an RPG fired from a helicopter ended him no?

It looks to me that he's in a scene from a flashback as there's another scene with soldiers looking like they're a few decades back.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I thought the last we seen of him was him taking one final drag of a cigarette before an RPG fired from a helicopter ended him no?

Yep.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    It looks to me that he's in a scene from a flashback as there's another scene with soldiers looking like they're a few decades back.

Maybe the 1940s (Roswell?), which could tie in the early days of the CSM, assuming the military and his presence are linked.
    Loughc wrote: »

Haven't heard that specifically. Did hear that some critics seemed fairly meh when a clip was shown a few weeks ago. I linked to it here. The recent trailer is a very network cut together one, if this were a cable show it'd be more arty and pretentious. :pac: I have heard Fox are very happy with the dailies that have been coming through, so fingers crossed.

Here is a daily from back in the day.

There is a showing of the first episode
    'My Struggle'
    at the upcoming New York Comic Con. Carter and Duchovny will be doing a Q&A. I'm assuming it may be rough around the edges as it's only October. Sort of want to read about it, but don't want to know too much.

In terms of the mytharc vs. MOTW/standalones, that's a debate that'll never end.

Myrddin wrote: »

Yep you're right actually...it's the same scene but I forgot he was taken out with the helicopter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep you're right actually...it's the same scene but I forgot he was taken out with the helicopter!

I only know that because I'm currently nearing the end of a full run-through of all seasons, & it's in one of the clips of dvd menus :o I've seen them before, but my memory isn't that good! I will say this, Season 9 is awful :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement