Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's like the twilight zone here. Thunder and dark clouds over our group of houses and you can see fluffy white clouds and blue skys just up the road in every direction. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Had a great interview today. I hardly dare to hope. Could full-time paid employment finally be in sight...?

That'd be a no, then.

Back to square 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Morning Loungers, how are we all today? Good luck once again to people doing exams. :)

I lost 2lbs last week, I'm very happy about that! It's a step in the right direction. I'm 12st 3, it's way too much for my height because I'm not even 5ft. Around 3 years ago I was a stone heavier, I'm glad I kept that off. I seem to hold all my excess weight around my tummy and my hip area so fingers crossed it goes from there and my boobs don't shrink.. :o I'd be ecstatic if I could lose another stone at least. :)

Off for a walk now. :)

The first place i lost the weight from was my bust, went from a 36 d to a 36b but then when i had them messured they were a 34D. Happy days. I thought i would lose my boobs as i was only a 32b at 18 and a 34b after my first and second child. dont know how ive managed to hold onto mine.

Im staying put at 10 stone 5 i cant shift the pounds, but i am toning up :D my wrists look so small now.

I still have a tummy (thanks to babies 1,2 and 3) but its smaller than what it was. This is my main trouble area :( started using a slendertone, will tell you how that has worked out in a month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That'd be a no, then.

Back to square 1.

there will be other jobs :)

i signed up for an au pair agency and i forgot i did...got en email saying 6 families in France want me to mind their kids for up to a year....

im going to ignore them for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    That could actually be it. I remember being told at a Weight Watchers meeting a couple of years back that the week or so before your period and the week of your period can cause you to put up a little bit of weight.

I havent had a period in 5 years :D no wonder i was so BIG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The thing to remember about a job interview is that you're interviewing them as well, it's about you deciding whether you actually want to work there too.

I've turned down two or three jobs over the years cause I didn't like the vibe I got in the interview. One was a fantastic job in Spin 1038 but I knew I'd butt heads with the manager and it wouldn't be worth it.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    The thing to remember about a job interview is that you're interviewing them as well, it's about you deciding whether you actually want to work there too.

I've turned down two or three jobs over the years cause I didn't like the vibe I got in the interview. One was a fantastic job in Spin 1038 but I knew I'd butt heads with the manager and it wouldn't be worth it.

I usually ask as one of my final questions - "do you like working here?"

Of course they must say yes - but how they say it answers volumes
    It may not be such an important thing in today's jobless market, but if you have any kind of choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Unfortunately, that only works when you have the luxury of being (financially) able to turn down a job if it doesn't suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Unfortunately, that only works when you have the luxury of being (financially) able to turn down a job if it doesn't suit.

Well obviously, and I also spent two years in a job I loathed and knew I would from the interview due to lack of choice. I honestly think I'd still be married if it wasn't for that job, it turned me into a horrible person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Seven pages of the second draft of my novella down. Time to go read the paper and take a break. Might take the dog for walkies. I need a beta reader, fo' serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

My brain is just not working for me today, I've done f all of the tefl course work today I've 35 days left and still feel like I've so much left to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm really sleepy for some reason. Might just lie onto my bed after my dinner and read. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I jumped to my feet just there and was like "fcuk! I want a cheese-board for dinner tonight! This is the best idea EVER."

And then was like "wtf, brain? Why you trippin'?"

*in a weird mood today*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Just gave notice on my house today to our letting agent. They were really rude about it. I've been here 2 years and in this house me and my boyfriend have went from strength to strength. I'll be sad to give up the house but it's a huge burden financially when I'm trying to save. Going to go have a look at the house we are moving into rent free after. I know it needs a lot of work but as it's free I can't complain! Better I have that €130 in my pocket every week!

In a junk food mood today, trying to avoid temptation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We got a new dog today :D Got him from the pound in Cork. Supposed to be a horrible place, delighted to get him out of there. He is a lab/poodle cross (I refuse to say labradoodle it's so cringe) and he is 1 and looks like a lamb! :D

Here he is today with my brother and I. He's gone back to Killarney now with my family but I'm stuck in Cork until Thursday...can't wait to go home to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh Lia he's GORGEOUS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Lia_lia wrote: »
    We got a new dog today :D Got him from the pound in Cork. Supposed to be a horrible place, delighted to get him out of there. He is a lab/poodle cross (I refuse to say labradoodle it's so cringe) and he is 1 and looks like a lamb! :D

Here he is today with my brother and I. He's gone back to Killarney now with my family but I'm stuck in Cork until Thursday...can't wait to go home to him!

OH MY GOD I LOVE HIM!!!! He does look like a lamb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Just won a massage chair in work. It even massages your bum :D:D:D

OMG Lia, he's gorgeous!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm BACK PLAYING FOOTBALL!!

Yes, I'm that happy about it!

Take that misaligned pelvis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hey housemate, get out of the fcuking kitchen and talk on Skype in your room. Some of us are hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Aw lia he's gorgeous. Name?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feel like I am losing my marbles, physically and mentally could not get out of bed this morning. Couldn't find my keys a while ago, went looking for them, came back and they were right in front of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

gonna try find a new spiked collar while I'm in London, and I'm already planning what piercings to get next, I think I probably won't be happy until I look like Noomi Rapace in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo :D

tumblr_l5hlp0mnls1qb5sn0o1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

^^^^Ewwww.

Someone really got on my nerves today and I'm in a pretty ****ty mood right now.

Gonna go training and cause some damage to some other people who I'm not too found of. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

If this week keeps going the way it has started I am going to need many, many, lots of beer this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

aww hes gorgeous lia and such a happy looking doggie too, bet he cant believe his luck getting such a wonderful new home

^^^^Ewwww.

Ewww!? :eek: but why?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Links234 wrote: »
    gonna try find a new spiked collar while I'm in London, and I'm already planning what piercings to get next, I think I probably won't be happy until I look like Noomi Rapace in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo :D

Oh, that reminds me of college and my early 20s :D

jujibee wrote: »
    Oh, that reminds me of college and my early 20s :D

It was pretty much my teens :p dyed hair and all

my spiked collar got stolen though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Found a house for the summer! Woohoo! It's miles bigger and nicer than our current house, and moving in with current housemate and another friend, super excited!

Links, I like that look. Wish I could pull a look like that off but I don't really think it's me.. :o

Four chapters of The Hunger Games left. It's so good! Catching Fire order from The Book Depository is marked as dispatched so I hope I get it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Had a meeting with two different schools for teaching practice today and they both want me! I'm so torn! One is perfect location-wise, the other just seemed like such a lovely school but is much further away. Agh!! Yay me though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Congrats on the job Lola92! :)

Best of luck with your decision tomissex. :D

*Hugs* Pixie-Fairy. So proud of you hun. Way easier said than done but try not to worry about your exams. You matter way more than they do. I get that you don’t really want to be around other people right now but please don’t let yourself become isolated because that will only make things worse. I know you have to study for your exams but make sure you spend some time with your friends too. :)

Exam went well yesterday I think. Dosed myself with Rescue Remedy beforehand and had my head stuck in my notes ‘til the last second. I did all of the questions even though we had a choice. Read over the entire paper 3 or 4 times before I handed it up and I was still finished early! It felt good to have it over with. Chatted to some of the people in my course afterwards for a while which was nice. :)

Felt crap all of yesterday evening though and today’s not much better. I not even sure why. :(

also, am I crazy, or would this be just an absolutely awesome bag to have: http://www.cyberdog.net/space-ball-bag/p1096

(I really need a new bag)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ewww!? :eek: but why?! :o

she looks like one of the angry at my parents rebelling teenagers who never grew up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

also, am I crazy, or would this be just an absolutely awesome bag to have: http://www.cyberdog.net/space-ball-bag/p1096

(I really need a new bag)

Links, I really like your sense of style. :D If I had more money, we should definately go shopping together. Sadly, as I live at home and am not a teeny size 12, my choices are limited. :/

hey McChubbin, I'm a size 16, and I manage ;) don't think you need to be a certain size or shape to rock the style you like :)

krudler... shut up! *pouts* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw lia he's gorgeous. Name?

His name is Sonni! It was already his name and he knows it so it's staying! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Lia lia, i also got my current girl outta the pound, its so fab!

So just back from inspecting my stepdads old place.. It needs a MASSIVE clear out but I'm up to the challenge, plus it will make sure that my mind will be occupied until the fella comes home. Think I might buy a few lovely things for my mum from littlewoods to say thanks. It'll spread my payments and I really want to get her something good to say thanks. 3 months rent free is no joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Had a slight meltdown in the library, I now feel like an idiot. Ah well, ended up getting more done than I thought I would and I'm taking tonight off now to sort my head out a bit. Serious amount of work left to be done over the coming week, though. :/

I think we're getting pizza tonight, yay :)

I have literally just finished The Hunger Games. I loved it! I cannot wait to get Catching Fire, it better get here quick!! :D

Had a slight meltdown in the library, I now feel like an idiot. Ah well, ended up getting more done than I thought I would and I'm taking tonight off now to sort my head out a bit. Serious amount of work left to be done over the coming week, though. :/

I think we're getting pizza tonight, yay :)

Can I have some pizza?

There is something wrong with me. I have read three pages of notes today. Three. I don't even know what else I've been doing. I need to cop on to myself but I don't think I even care at this stage. I'm not even panicking (yet). I'm going to fail at least one exam.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Can I have some pizza?

There is something wrong with me. I have read three pages of notes today. Three. I don't even know what else I've been doing. I need to cop on to myself but I don't think I even care at this stage. I'm not even panicking (yet). I'm going to fail at least one exam.

Terribly similar situation here :(

You won't though, sometimes it takes until the exams start to kick in and then you work like mad in between them. And if you've worked all year then it's bound to stand to you more than you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

EmilyO wrote: »
    Can I have some pizza?

Of course! :D I'm also getting some chocolate fudge brownie Ben & Jerry's, if you'd like some :)

I know it's rich coming from me, the queen of all exam-related freak-outs, but you still have plenty of time left to get things covered and any work you've done over the year will definitely stand to you so try not to worry too much :) I think I'm right in remembering that you do Law with history, right? If you need any help or anything with some of the law stuff feel free to PM me and if I can help in any way I'd be glad to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ahh this day cannot get any worse. I sprained my finger training and fook me its so swollen and sore. Ouch ouch.

Terribly similar situation here :(

You won't though, sometimes it takes until the exams start to kick in and then you work like mad in between them. And if you've worked all year then it's bound to stand to you more than you'd think.

It's horrible, isn't it? Problem I have 6 exams in 6 days, barely any time to study in between them :(
    Best of luck in your exams btw!
    Of course! :D I'm also getting some chocolate fudge brownie Ben & Jerry's, if you'd like some :)

I know it's rich coming from me, the queen of all exam-related freak-outs, but you still have plenty of time left to get things covered and any work you've done over the year will definitely stand to you so try not to worry too much :) I think I'm right in remembering that you do Law with history, right? If you need any help or anything with some of the law stuff feel free to PM me and if I can help in any way I'd be glad to. :)

I was thinking of going to the shop for Ben and Jerry's!!! #procrastinationoverload
    It's not rich at all, any advice is welcomed at this stage! I haven't done a tremendous amount of work this semester, and I've done pretty badly in a couple of essays too. Yeah I do law with history! Thanks so much for that, you may receive some panicked 3am PMs next week :D Best of luck in your exams too!

Oh no! Well in that case the pressure will get to everyone and even the people who've studied loads will forget stuff due to other exams. *nods sagely*

If you haven't already guessed, I'm much better at justifying my lack of study than actually studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Made a delicious Chorizo, mushroom and penne dinner today :)

Found a fab dress for my baby cousins Christening, going to go in tomorrow and put a deposit on it I think.

Pondering whether to go to the shop and get a 99 or not, hmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Going to Amsterdam the day after my birthday, which is just ten days after I come home from Lanzarote. May will be a good month. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement