Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

andy_g wrote: »
    Dave did one of the italian soldiers have a styer in the back of the ch47 pic
    Looks like one to me
    9526_DSC_8033.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Lovely stuff new loadout on the way for me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Just on the topic of the International Sniper Competition since there was pics up, the Irish DF's team came 7th overall out of 32 teams and won the Best Foreign Team category.

The sniper pair came from the 28th Bn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Poccington wrote: »
    Just on the topic of the International Sniper Competition since there was pics up, the Irish DF's team came 7th overall out of 32 teams and won the Best Foreign Team category.

The sniper pair came from the 28th Bn.

Mind if I ask how did you find out? The results from these competitions just seem to float around the net with no definete source, I've always wondered how people foundout?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Mind if I ask how did you find out? The results from these competitions just seem to float around the net with no definete source, I've always wondered how people foundout?:D

Although I've yet to get a crack at the sniper course, it helps to know people that are part of the community. :)

Incidentally, we won Best Foreign Team in 2007 too. The team that year won two events which they had never done before, a .50 Shoot and Heli Sniping.

that fella needs new tyres on his bike !!:D
    800xc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

whydave wrote: »

I wonder if the police will dare pull the bike over :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

800xc.jpg

Clearly this is the motorbike equalivant to "riding shotgun" the "ballistic backer" my god do you people know nothing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Here you go, live results service.
    http://results.sius.com/Championships.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

This is not my hilux !!!!
    800xh.jpg

• Advertisement

spot the german love child !
    800xbb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

You might want to link to that photo of the guy with no leg, Dave. It's a bit graphic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Looks like someone screwed up the toys for guns programme again... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

swiftblade wrote: »
    You might want to link to that photo of the guy with no leg, Dave. It's a bit graphic ;)

It's a training event, it's not real blood.

Unless they take their training really, really seriously.

NTM

It's a training event, it's not real blood.

Unless they take their training really, really seriously.

NTM

Haha, fair enough. Just saw the picture. Looked pretty real :o

The US military brings in amputees to play the role of recently seriously wounded in training evolutions. It adds a little bit of realism when the guy screaming away in front of you really doesn't have a leg, combined with fake blood spurting out from a bladder.

NTM

The US military brings in amputees to play the role of recently seriously wounded in training evolutions. It adds a little bit of realism when the guy screaming away in front of you really doesn't have a leg, combined with fake blood spurting out from a bladder.

NTM

UK Forces have been using this practice in recent times as well. Whilst it may seem controversial to some, the few seconds that it takes "you" to get over the shock of seeing someone sans-limb and in a bad way and starting applying triage may be the few seconds needed to give that person a chance of surviving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

spot the german love child !

Second generation Russian love child, more likely?

OzCam wrote: »

It's Iraq though, not Afganistan.....

• Advertisement

So it is. Oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

OzCam wrote: »
    It's Iraq though, not Afganistan.....

Didn't somebody lose a legion over there a long time ago? (can't remember the name) But the Brits have a long assocation with IRACK :D too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Didn't somebody lose a legion over there a long time ago? (can't remember the name) But the Brits have a long assocation with IRACK :D too

aye i think it was world war one they lost allot of soldiers over in that area

The Allies lost a lot of manpower in that region during both world wars and before. But I was thinking a little earlier than that, more Roman :eek:

But I might be going a little :rolleyes: of topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats with the AK in that last one?

349420.jpg
    This M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, along with 83 others, was delivered last Friday to Marine Corps Base Hawaii, 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment armorers. Since then, M27 IAR gunners and armorers have received training on operating and maintaining the weapon system from Marine Corps Systems Command and gun makers Heckler and Koch.

That package looks right at home in an airsoft shop :eek:

• Advertisement

Well, how did you expect them to come packaged? Ribbons?

NTM

Well, how did you expect them to come packaged? Ribbons?

No little pink bows even?

Truth be told I had always just imagined bulk deliveries in crates or the like rather than something that you'd see as off-the-shelf packaging. I dunno, I'm not overly surprised when I think about it, but the imge did make me double-take all the same.

Lemming wrote: »
    No little pink bows even?

Truth be told I had always just imagined bulk deliveries in crates or the like rather than something that you'd see as off-the-shelf packaging. I dunno, I'm not overly surprised when I think about it, but the imge did make me double-take all the same.

I don't know if I photographed the vehicle itself, but when we received a batch of M4s (in pretty much the same sort of packaging), they were delivered by a white Ford Ranger pick-up with a bed cover.

NTM

Orange is not the most tactical colour for gloves :)

Russia no! :eek: Multicam!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

My respect for the camo choice of the Russian armed forces has just allowed them to go up several floors in the building of esteem.

You don't happen to have a high res picture of that Apache, Puding? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

You don't happen to have a high res picture of that Apache, Puding? :)

im afraid not, that is the largest you can get for free, if you really want a hi res you can try contacting the owner of the collection http://www.pbase.com/xnir/iaf160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Good find on that pic of the Galil MG Puding ... I smell a project coming on!

x800.jpg

Its good to see, even the party of god enjoy a little gun bling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

x800.jpg
    Who are these guys?
    xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Who are these guys?
    xXx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

Who are these guys?
    xXx
    Beez wrote: »
    computer says no ! ;)
    x800.jpg
    Palestinian Fatah fighters parade during a rally marking the 46th anniversary of the secular movement's creation in the refugee camp of Ain Al-Helweh in the southern Lebanese city of Sidon on December 31, 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

New flash suppressors being used on the SA80s now, look similar to the old G36K style but they seem to be a unique design. Don't know why they just didn't opt for the Vortex style ones seeing as they were moving away from the bird cage shape as they are more effective again.

Actually just rechecking the pics, think they are actually Vortex flash suppressors.

New flash suppressors being used on the SA80s now, look similar to the old G36K style but they seem to be a unique design. Don't know why they just didn't opt for the Vortex style ones seeing as they were moving away from the bird cage shape as they are more effective again.

Actually just rechecking the pics, think they are actually Vortex flash suppressors.

vortex flash hiders as far as im aware, seems to have had a good response with greater performance than the older bird cage design

5381004854a33fbb22a5b.jpg
    53810139626847121c2ab.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

whydave took the very words from my mouth!

Never seen something like that, what does it do ?

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

bullets wrote: »
    whydave took the very words from my mouth!

Never seen something like that, what does it do ?

~B
    I would swap my unborn child for one...and I dont even know what it is!

It is the xm25, is a smart proramable airburst weapon, currently being trIaled in afganistan

Puding wrote: »
    It is the xm25, is a smart proramable airburst weapon, currently being trIaled in afganistan
    Legend !!! thanks man ......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/usa/xm25-e.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

anyone else noticing that a lot of the US army pcs have what look like AG36 mounted on the RIS rails of their M4s rather than the 'ol 203s. Has theer been a change in policy or are some unit trailing them at the min?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    anyone else noticing that a lot of the US army pcs have what look like AG36 mounted on the RIS rails of their M4s rather than the 'ol 203s. Has theer been a change in policy or are some unit trailing them at the min?

The M203s are being phased out for the XM320s. There have been pics of them in use in very limited numbers going back a few years now. Only officially in use a year or two. They are still mounted to the barrel like the M203. The AG416 version can mount to the RIS rail of the HK416 and 417 because of the stronger construction of those rifles.

Norway had a version of the AG-C that mounted to a special lower handguard of their C7s and C8s.

Advertisement