Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

DHL showing mine as delivered to Parcel Motel at noon today.
    How long before I can expect to see an update on the PM site?
    Should I expect it in my local locker (south Dublin) tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

If you're lucky late tonight although I live down the road from their Dublin base if that makes a difference. I'm sure the anticipation is killing you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

DHL showing mine as delivered to Parcel Motel at noon today.
    How long before I can expect to see an update on the PM site?
    Should I expect it in my local locker (south Dublin) tonight or tomorrow?
    Nah I doubt it. If its checked in after 11 it won't be delivered until tomorrow.

I have heard that parcel motel deliver Saturdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    Little update on this.. Not only was my phone accidentally shipped to Prague, but I was told it would be with me in about a day. I received that email on the 14th. It arrived in Prague this morning, and I just checked the shipping info again. It's now on it's way back to Germany.

Great first experience with mailboxde anyway.

MY PHONE IS IN THE PM DEPOT SO I SHOULD HAVE IT TOMORROW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭irelandrover

my screen broke and i need to send it back to oneplus. Im trying to get all the pictures off it but when i connect it to the computer the drive shows up as empty.

Anyone know a way i can get the data off the phone?

Just out of curiosity - how come you're getting it shipped to Parcelmotel? Was it cheaper to pay shipping to UK even with the Parcelmotel fee +/- extended pm liability or just more convenient to pick it up at a locker?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity - how come you're getting it shipped to Parcelmotel? Was it cheaper to pay shipping to UK even with the Parcelmotel fee +/- extended pm liability or just more convenient to pick it up at a locker?

I got it shipped from Germany -> Parcel Motel for convenience

Rather than Germany -> My house as the delivery would more than likely get missed :rolleyes:

my screen broke and i need to send it back to oneplus. Im trying to get all the pictures off it but when i connect it to the computer the drive shows up as empty.

Anyone know a way i can get the data off the phone?

Upload a screenshot so I can see what you mean.. Or PM it to me if you're more comfortable with that.

Hi
    Upload a screenshot so I can see what you mean.. Or PM it to me if you're more comfortable with that.

I saw a post on the OPO forums about this and apparently this is common enough in Android. Can't remember the rest of the thread and good luck finding it! Anyway if your screen is just cracked but still works I'd suggest uploading them to Google drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Hi

I saw a post on the OPO forums about this and apparently this is common enough in Android. Can't remember the rest of the thread and good luck finding it! Anyway if your screen is just cracked but still works I'd suggest uploading them to Google drive.

Thanks for the answers. Screen doesnt work at all. i can use the buttons that arent onscreen but i cant unlock the phone as I cant enter the pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Thanks for the answers. Screen doesnt work at all. i can use the buttons that arent onscreen but i cant unlock the phone as I cant enter the pattern.

If you can't unlock the phone, that's probably why it's not showing up with anything in the filesystem.

Have had this before.

One suggestion I saw on the OPO forums was to reboot without a sim - apparently it will restart without having to unlock it then your data will show up via USB without having to unlock it - doubt it'll work though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Does the screen turn on at all, i.e. can you see the pattern? If so this might be worth a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTW0yfol_kQ

Basically use a USB mouse with adaptor, which you plug into the phone.

Maplin sell otg cables at the astoundingly expensive price of £11.99! I have one knocking around at home if it's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Got 2 texts from parcel motel saying I had insufficient funds as I had a parcel. Topped up but still no code. Topped up about an hour ago had ordered a one plus one a case from Amazon. does 2 texts mean 2 parcels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

gabhan16 wrote: »
    Got 2 texts from parcel motel saying I had insufficient funds as I had a parcel. Topped up but still no code. Topped up about an hour ago had ordered a one plus one a case from Amazon. does 2 texts mean 2 parcels
    You can log into pm website and check

daytob wrote: »

Tried that but nothing showing

Showing now as 2x3 euro deductions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

2 x 3e deductions? are you on an old price or something?

2 x 3e deductions? are you on an old price or something?

A group scheme through work. But all good now. Case and phone checked in to antrim it seems. Should have them next week.

• Advertisement

Got mine today :D One complaint so far: The Bezel is bloody huge

To accommodate capacitive buttons I never use :(

To accommodate capacitive buttons I never use :(

The buttons I can deal with, although I do prefer the Immersive mode on PA..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Just after cracking screen on my One Plus One, was out for a run and it fell out of my hand. Screen cracked, touch non responsive.

Any recommendations for getting it fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

How can I transfer everything from old phone to the oneplus one?

I tried helium but that doesnt work on the oneplus one after the latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

WezzyB wrote: »
    Just after cracking screen on my One Plus One, was out for a run and it fell out of my hand. Screen cracked, touch non responsive.

Any recommendations for getting it fix?
    Its 107 GBP to get a repair through the official site. That's what I used anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Seriously impressed with the battery life on this phone

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with hangouts where you no longer have the option to send group texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Try the new messenger app instead maybe.

Try the new messenger app instead maybe.

What app might that be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Nice one, had not heard of this before. I'll give this a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

after using this for a solid week i have to say this phone is amazing, id be a pretty heavy power user (games, media etc.) and it hasnt skipped a beat, love the amount of options that are given through the developer settings, im using power saving performance (hasnt affected game performance drastically) and im still getting amazing battery life.
    Everything is so damn smooth in comparison to my old s3, no stuttering or lag at all when browsing the web or switching apps. And the big screen :D im not going back to anything smaller, im sold!
    Only issue ive had with the phone is that it doesnt seem to lock onto my gps very well, it seems to be locking onto my 3g signal from the looks of the accuracy

Only issue ive had with the phone is that it doesnt seem to lock onto my gps very well, it seems to be locking onto my 3g signal from the looks of the accuracy

Spotted that today myself as well.. Apparently I parked 3km away from work :pac: Then again, my internet signal was very weak so that might have had something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

after using this for a solid week i have to say this phone is amazing, id be a pretty heavy power user (games, media etc.) and it hasnt skipped a beat, love the amount of options that are given through the developer settings, im using power saving performance (hasnt affected game performance drastically) and im still getting amazing battery life.
    Everything is so damn smooth in comparison to my old s3, no stuttering or lag at all when browsing the web or switching apps. And the big screen :D im not going back to anything smaller, im sold!

What sort of difference is this making to your battery? I tried this once but it made the phone act a bit crazy and sluggish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Spotted that today myself as well.. Apparently I parked 3km away from work :pac: Then again, my internet signal was very weak so that might have had something to do with it.

Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest It will tell you how many satellites you're connected to, how strong your signal is, how accurate the reading is etc. Just launch the app and give it 20-30 seconds to lock onto the available satellites assuming you're not already locked onto them via Google maps or some other app.

I'm indoors and I'm getting locked onto between 4 and 9 satellites with an accuracy of +/- 80 feet. If I put the phone up against a window it immediately goes to 13 satellites and an accuracy of 13 feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What sort of difference is this making to your battery? I tried this once but it made the phone act a bit crazy and sluggish

doesnt seem to be slowing my phone down massively, it is a little slower than say performance mode but my battery does seem to be lasting longer, then again i always make sure that i dont have a lot of apps running at once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

This is a cool website where you identify where you are from as a oneplus owner.

Let's get us on the map!

http://oneplus.flyy.eu/#

Well my dock finally arrived from my AliExpress seller!! It's very cheap looking...€3 is about right. It does the job even though there's something rattling around inside when I shake the thing! Also I have to take the phone out of its case before it will fit in. I do have the TUDIA Bumper case so maybe that's to be expected but I was hoping for different.

• Advertisement

Have you a link to that dock? Thanks.

xtal191 wrote: »
    How can I transfer everything from old phone to the oneplus one?

I tried helium but that doesnt work on the oneplus one after the latest update

I used Avast mobile backup. Free version was fine for my needs.

Have you a link to that dock? Thanks.

Try this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

Hi I have just acquired the OPO. I purchased it from a third party website from Hong Kong I believe. geek buying.com

Having an issue! Got a new sim in meteor store. The phone cannot pick up any signal whatsoever.(Panic stations!!) Back to meteor store. Tried another sim, same story! Powered on and off numerous times, no luck.

Tried my gf's meteor sim. Hey presto! Meteor sim working! Calls, texts, 3G. (Sigh of relief)

Back into store to let them know the story. They couldn't understand.

Tried brothers eMobile sim. Everything working. Even getting H+ signal.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It seems to me that my OPO cannot read the new 4G sims that providers use nowadays.

Is it a simple case that I need to update software or something?

Can anyone help me on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

OK I thought I was impressed with the battery life yesterday but now going on 31+ hours and still 7% left. Really impressed considering im a moderate to heavy user of the phone. First charge wasn't that impressed but must take few charges to fully calibrate the new battery as this is really impressive. Just to add I have no power saving options enabled or power saving apps installed.
    Phone itself is brilliant and takes all the things I throw at it in its stride. The only one problem I have is that it doesn't support band 20 lte. I am with meteor and this is the band that provides lte at the furthest distance from a mast. I am living in rural area and can no longer recieve lte here now. Lte still works perfect anywhere near a mast and full lte signal in town. Just hoping meteor enable lte on my local mast soon. See also next year the oneplus two is going to enable this band for European users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there any banking app or wallet in Ireland yet that I can load up with cash and pay for stuff in shops yet? Aldi has NFC for the Visa cards but I never saw them mention using a phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there any banking app or wallet in Ireland yet that I can load up with cash and pay for stuff in shops yet? Aldi has NFC for the Visa cards but I never saw them mention using a phone...
    I think that only works in america for now. I tried using google wallet and it said US cards only :(

Just got my diztronic TPU case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just ordered one... happy with it?

Just ordered one... happy with it?

Only have it a few hours but on initial impressions, yes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191