Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

anyone using an os1 plus
    same spec as vu solo2
    whats it like tho for 150e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Hi all,

I'm considering getting this receiver (or something similar). Where I plan to install it I have already installed 2 cables but need the dish+aerial installed. Will this be enough for the sat channels and saorview? Will 2 cables limit the recording capabilities?

Thanks

W.
    You are correct in thinking that you need 2 cables from the dish to the box for full recording functions on satellite. If it is possible to locate the terrestrial aerial near the dish it is possible to use a combiner to feed the terrestrial signal down one of the satellite cables. You then need a splitter to extract the signal again at the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi all,

I updated my Edision Optimuss OS3 Plus and it has started audio description on the ITV channels (ITV3 and ITV4). Does anybody know how to turn this off?

Thanks

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi all,

I updated my Edision Optimuss OS3 Plus and it has started audio description on the ITV channels (ITV3 and ITV4). Does anybody know how to turn this off?

Thanks
    Have u yellow button like enigma 2 remote or else go into audio setting/audio track and change from nar to eng

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah there's an audio button on the remote with a picture of headphones on it. Press that and change from "nar" to the other option.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,

That worked. Back to normal.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Thanks guys,

That worked. Back to normal.

J

If you also go into your Setup and into your Audio settings and also changed Preferred Language from Auto to English and Prefer Audio Stream By Service to No and it should stop it happening on channels in the future.

Thanks Dav32cs, have made these changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Did anyone try loading Technomate Nano 3T images on the OS3 plus ?

They are essentially the same receiver,made in the same factory so should be compatible.
    People are using Technomate Vix images on the OS1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Hi,

Just upgraded from Amoko Alien 2 to the Optimus OS3 plus.

Have to say it is a great box; the speed of boot up, channel changing, accessing hard drive etc. is such an improvement. The Amiko was great for the money but it just lacked enough oomph for the add ons - it even struggled to record sometimes!

Anyway I started useing the OATV 4.2 image from TV TECH and then upgraded to OATV 5.1. I am having same problem with both images tho and wondered if anyone else was or had a solution?

Problem: After I have booted it a few times it stops displaying any menu screens on the TV, you can still see what menu you are in from the front box display but no text on screen - bizarre!

I think it has something to do with putting it in standby (not deep standby) and then turning on. The Amiko didn't like this but it was resolved by rebooting. Even rebooting doesn't seem to solve this. Any ideas????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Partymack wrote: »
    Hi,

Just upgraded from Amoko Alien 2 to the Optimus OS3 plus.

Have to say it is a great box; the speed of boot up, channel changing, accessing hard drive etc. is such an improvement. The Amiko was great for the money but it just lacked enough oomph for the add ons - it even struggled to record sometimes!

Anyway I started useing the OATV 4.2 image from TV TECH and then upgraded to OATV 5.1. I am having same problem with both images tho and wondered if anyone else was or had a solution?

Problem: After I have booted it a few times it stops displaying any menu screens on the TV, you can still see what menu you are in from the front box display but no text on screen - bizarre!

I think it has something to do with putting it in standby (not deep standby) and then turning on. The Amiko didn't like this but it was resolved by rebooting. Even rebooting doesn't seem to solve this. Any ideas????
    Reflash and try a new skin. Must be some incompatibility there.

Reflash and try a new skin. Must be some incompatibility there.

I'm using Mymetrix but it have flashed both 4.2 and 5.1.

Do you think I should try another skin - ow not my metrix?

I'm using Mymetrix but it have flashed both 4.2 and 5.1.

Do you think I should try another skin - ow not my metrix?

I unplugged my second box that was in using the RF out on the Optimuss - haven't had problem since.

But annoying I can't use the RF out but problem is now sorted.

Zardoz wrote: »

They are essentially the same receiver,made in the same factory so should be compatible.

Have one spare here, will try it over the coming days and let you know. Would be handy given the problems reported here with some of the images for it so far if it is more stable.

Just tried a Vix image there. Flash went OK (had to change 2nd folder in to 'optimussos3plus' from 'force1plus' to get it to pick up)but when the Vix set up screen starts off asking what connection you are using (HDMI or RCA) the Optimuss remote won't pick up at all to move or select anything.

Just flashed back there to HDFreaks to make sure and remote worked no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I've been shadowing this thread all year. I've a Sky Box on the basic package which is due to come off contract in January and I want to switch it out for a combined Free To Air and Saorview box which alongside a Win 10 mini HTPC (for Kodi/Netflix/YouTube/Streaming other content) will become the family home entertainment/TV solution.

If I've read the thread correctly the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus with a 2.5" drive installed will give me watch and record functionality for the UK Satellite channels via the twin sat tuners and watch or record functionality for Saorview with the single Digital tuner. Is this correct?

Given the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus is now circa a year old is there any sign of an updated model? If not is this still the best value for money device available? I know there are more expensive models which have two satellite and two Saorview tuners but I don't think I really need watch and record functionality on the few Saorview channels.

Lastly is it possible to get the box already configured with the Vix image if that's the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

I am going to buy a triple tuner, and have been watching this thread for a while. I am reasonably technically competent (programmer) and am not concerned about all the problems mentioned. However, if I were away I would worry that no one else in the household would be able to sort out such problems. I usderstand that it is a clone of the Technomate Triple Tuner, which is a little dearer (40 euro). And, simply .... my questions are as follows.... Is the Technomate more stable ? .... Is there a Technomate discussion source ?? .... Thanks ......

Hi all,

I've been shadowing this thread all year. I've a Sky Box on the basic package which is due to come off contract in January and I want to switch it out for a combined Free To Air and Saorview box which alongside a Win 10 mini HTPC (for Kodi/Netflix/YouTube/Streaming other content) will become the family home entertainment/TV solution.

If I've read the thread correctly the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus with a 2.5" drive installed will give me watch and record functionality for the UK Satellite channels via the twin sat tuners and watch or record functionality for Saorview with the single Digital tuner. Is this correct?

Given the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus is now circa a year old is there any sign of an updated model? If not is this still the best value for money device available? I know there are more expensive models which have two satellite and two Saorview tuners but I don't think I really need watch and record functionality on the few Saorview channels.

Lastly is it possible to get the box already configured with the Vix image if that's the best option?

No sign of any updated model to my knowledge. I would say if you are looking specifically for the Vix image or just a better supported box to take a pick from the combos at

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers

I have the Xtrend ET8000 with 2 DVBS and have no problems at all with it so far. It is a triple tuner in any way you want so here is for the 2XDVBS & 1X DVBC/T/T2 that you are looking for.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Xtrend-Combo-Linux-HD-Receivers/Xtrend-ET8000-2x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2

Claggan wrote: »
    I am going to buy a triple tuner, and have been watching this thread for a while. I am reasonably technically competent (programmer) and am not concerned about all the problems mentioned. However, if I were away I would worry that no one else in the household would be able to sort out such problems. I usderstand that it is a clone of the Technomate Triple Tuner, which is a little dearer (40 euro). And, simply .... my questions are as follows.... Is the Technomate more stable ? .... Is there a Technomate discussion source ?? .... Thanks ......

Technomate is better supported. Zardoz mentioned that the 3T and OS3 should be the same spec but when I flashed a Vix image the remote would not pick up on the OS3 .

The Edision seems to be a good box but probably has more niggles due to the fact of less people working on it compared to other ones.

As above post, I would look around WOS to see which model would suit your needs and they all have a good range of supported images for all the boxes (Vix,Pli,Atv,Blackhole etc)

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

dav32cs wrote: »
    No sign of any updated model to my knowledge. I would say if you are looking specifically for the Vix image or just a better supported box to take a pick from the combos at

I have the Xtrend ET8000 with 2 DVBS and have no problems at all with it so far. It is a triple tuner in any way you want so here is for the 2XDVBS & 1X DVBC/T/T2 that you are looking for.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Xtrend-Combo-Linux-HD-Receivers/Xtrend-ET8000-2x-DVB-S2-1x-DVB-C-T-T2

Thanks Dave. I have a couple of months before I'll place an order so I think I'll read up on the various images and what they offer. My experience to date with Android boxes (totally different I know) is that the closer you sail to the latest/greatest ROM with the max number of bells and whistles the more niggles/bugs they tend to have so I'm probably in the "stable" camp where I get 90% of the functionality.

Steep learning curve ahead. Is there a "Combo Sat boxes explained for Dummies" document anyone can recommend???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

If it's any consolation to anybody thinking of buying the Edision OS3 Plus, I got one for my mother around 4 months ago. For the last month I have been running OpenAtv 5.1 on it with very few add-ons installed. The box has literally not stuttered once since then and my mother gets on fine with it and can record and view to her hearts contents. Now I just run through the on-screen updates when I'm at her house.

Admittedly it did crash occasionally when on 4.2 and 5.0 but it seems very stable now. It is running the stock skin and I have removed anything non-essential to the running of the box. Streaming apps like Kodi direct etc seem to cause problems and are probably best suited to your android box/fire tv/nexus player or whatever else you're running. Even the in-built EPG is fine.

Getting these boxes does require a bit of patience and definitely some research to get the hang of. Like many others here, I graduated from the Alien 2 so had a handle on most issues. But family members will get the hang of it quickly and should not have to delve into the complicated stuff relating to setup at all. Just my two cents worth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's been a while since I've really checked in here. I'm still running with a clean OPENATV5.0 image downloaded from OPENATV rather than the customised FREETV.IE variant. I've been doing live updates every week or two and all is going ok for a long time now. One of the obvious differences between the clean install and the FREETV.IE image is the cacheflush plugin on the latter. I read elsewhere that it can be problematic and have left it out. Just a suggestion to anybody still struggling for stability, disable or get rid of this plugin and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dav32cs wrote: »
    Just tried a Vix image there. Flash went OK (had to change 2nd folder in to 'optimussos3plus' from 'force1plus' to get it to pick up)but when the Vix set up screen starts off asking what connection you are using (HDMI or RCA) the Optimuss remote won't pick up at all to move or select anything.

Just flashed back there to HDFreaks to make sure and remote worked no problem.

Thanks dav32cs ,it was worth a shot.
    The remotes for both receivers seem to be different ,I wonder would a Technomate Nano 3T remote work on it ?
    They probably output the same codes though .
    Given the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus is now circa a year old is there any sign of an updated model? If not is this still the best value for money device available?
    Judging from all the issues people on here seem to be having I would say no it is not .
    Its 252 euro delivered from Freetv,the Xtrend 8000 is only 236 euro off Hmsat and its a more stable receiver.It has alot more support too,Openpli,Openatv,Vix etc.
    https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1939/xtrend-et-8000-hd-2x-dvb-s2-tuner-pvr-ready-linux-full-hd-hbbtv-receiver?c=52
    One of the obvious differences between the clean install and the FREETV.IE image is the cacheflush plugin on the latter. I read elsewhere that it can be problematic and have left it out. Just a suggestion to anybody still struggling for stability, disable or get rid of this plugin and see how you get on.
    Correct.
    There is absolutely no need for cacheflush to be running on a receiver as powerful as the Edision.
    It's used to free up memory on receivers with low amounts of memory like the Alien 2 and Dm800 etc.
    The Edision has 1GB of Ram ,its more than enough to run any task.
    For the last month I have been running OpenAtv 5.1 on it with very few add-ons installed. The box has literally not stuttered once since then and my mother gets on fine with it and can record and view to her hearts contents. Now I just run through the on-screen updates when I'm at her house.
    It kind of defeats the purpose of having a powerful receiver that you have to run it with very few addons ?
    With the spec the Edision has it should run reliably .
    The Nano 3T I have for example has only green screened on me once,its a dinger of a receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

The remotes for both receivers seem to be different ,I wonder would a Technomate Nano 3T remote work on it ?

Judging from all the issues people on here seem to be having I would say no it is not .
    Its 252 euro delivered from Freetv,the Xtrend 8000 is only 236 euro off Hmsat and its a more stable receiver.It has alot more support too,Openpli,Openatv,Vix etc.
    https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1939/xtrend-et-8000-hd-2x-dvb-s2-tuner-pvr-ready-linux-full-hd-hbbtv-receiver?c=52

Correct.
    There is absolutely no need for cacheflush to be running on a receiver as powerful as the Edision.
    It's used to free up memory on receivers with low amounts of memory like the Alien 2 and Dm800 etc.
    The Edision has 1GB of Ram ,its more than enough to run any task.

It kind of defeats the purpose of having a powerful receiver that you have to run it with very few addons ?
    With the spec the Edision has it should run reliably .
    The Nano 3T I have for example has only green screened on me once,its a dinger of a receiver.
    Yes you are right, it should be able to run addons on that spec. but unfortunately it does not do so without trouble. If I were to buy again I would probably go for something with more support. However this is the Optimuss thread and I am offering an opinion to people asking about this box. With any luck support will continue to grow and plugins may become more user friendly in time.

Had a TM500Super remote here and tried that in case it was brand specific(even though Enigma1) and didn't do anything anyways. If the 3T remote worked it still might be worth it if it guaranteed more stability.

Have to say though I would ,at the minute, tell anyone half interested in the OS3 to get an ET8000 instead and have the three tuner whatever way they want and high spec. 512 Flash VS 256 on 3T but everything else is same spec I think. Very responsive and only time it's crashed on me is when trying to download from TSMedia which I presume is to do with it probably not being set up correct(even though before on previous boxes it downloaded to hdd without any chnage of settings)

Lads,

Recently upgraded to Optimuss OS3 from AA2 and really happy so far. It's 10 times quicker!

I'm using OATV 5.1 and think the image is great - no bugs and gave it set up exactly as I need.

Question is how can I make a full back up of my image. I've backed upy settings but I want a 'safe' saved image in case anything goes wallop!

I've tried using the full backup on the blue panel screen but it says I need a file called 'backup' or 'backup.txt'. I'm trying to backup onto my usb own drive.

Even when I create a folder called backup or backup txt it does not seem to be able to find it.

Any ideas - I want it on my USB key which u can then keep on a drawer.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi
    i have the technomate 3t which is similar to the os3 and the only way i could do a backup was to go into advanced options select backup files highlight everything in there eg etc home run share and so on then press the green button to save now go to select backup location and select the usb stick to backup to after that go to backup system settings and let it run it usually takes around 15 minutes to complete it will seem like its stuck but it will reboot when finished

When u want to load this backup u have to have open atv on the box and not any other image

Hi all,

How do you save a channel to favorites? Really need a "for dummies" with this box.

Thanks.

Hi all,

How do you save a channel to favorites? Really need a "for dummies" with this box.

Thanks.

Press 'prov' on remote to show all your bouquets.
    Choose the bouquets with the channel you want to save eg Free to air.
    It should show you your full channel list in that bouquet.
    Now scroll to the channel you want to add to favourites.
    Now press menu
    Choose 5 - 'add service to bouquet'
    Then it will show your list of bouquets again.
    Scroll to 'favourites ' and press 'ok'
    Should be job done !

• Advertisement

Hi
    i have the technomate 3t which is similar to the os3 and the only way i could do a backup was to go into advanced options select backup files highlight everything in there eg etc home run share and so on then press the green button to save now go to select backup location and select the usb stick to backup to after that go to backup system settings and let it run it usually takes around 15 minutes to complete it will seem like its stuck but it will reboot when finished

When u want to load this backup u have to have open atv on the box and not any other image

Thanks Ssteliteman - still can't understand why the backup option doesn't work tho!

Black Screen on Recording Playback

I'm getting a black screen on playback of recordings from EMC in Open Atv.

I'll be watching a recording for say 30 mins and then 'boom' - black screen!

Box still shows the counter timer as frozen and is registering remote control key pressing - though not actually changing channel, changing volume etc.

Any ideas for resolving this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Lads,

Recently upgraded to Optimuss OS3 from AA2 and really happy so far. It's 10 times quicker!

I'm using OATV 5.1 and think the image is great - no bugs and gave it set up exactly as I need.

Question is how can I make a full back up of my image. I've backed upy settings but I want a 'safe' saved image in case anything goes wallop!

I've tried using the full backup on the blue panel screen but it says I need a file called 'backup' or 'backup.txt'. I'm trying to backup onto my usb own drive.

Even when I create a folder called backup or backup txt it does not seem to be able to find it.

Any ideas - I want it on my USB key which u can then keep on a drawer.

Thanks.

Here a link to Backupsuite 18 ipk .
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/azboxhditalia/files/PLUGIN/backupsuite/

Download the ipk file ftp to your box or stick it on a usb pen then install with ipk installer reboot your box .

Go to plugins click ok on backupsuite / have a blank usb pen already installed and formated to fat 32 in your box and most likely the usb pen will be mounted as hdd in device manager .

You can use it as hdd or you can unmount it and remount it as usb instead

And you have a image to reflash your box when needed.

Cheers Bored,

I unplugged my existing HDD and USB at the weekend and inserted a blank USB only.

I then went to Backip options and chose 'Backup To HDD' - as my USB was only device in machine it backed up image to this.

Cheers for your reply - guess my way is another workaround.

Press 'prov' on remote to show all your bouquets.
    Choose the bouquets with the channel you want to save eg Free to air.
    It should show you your full channel list in that bouquet.
    Now scroll to the channel you want to add to favourites.
    Now press menu
    Choose 5 - 'add service to bouquet'
    Then it will show your list of bouquets again.
    Scroll to 'favourites ' and press 'ok'
    Should be job done !

Thanks Partymack. That worked great. Will add all channels I like to favorites now.

- Setting up Enhanced Movie Center in OpenATV -

Found some cool settings which really improve look and feel of Enhanced Movie Centre - nice channel picons beside each recording and large movie covers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Unit was running fine on the stock Open ATV 4.2 but decided to update to a recent HDFreaks image. Started to get a black error screen everytime I tried to delete an item from the list of recordings. Went back to Open ATV 5.1 and all is well again
    Like the screenshot of the Movie center above. I haven't figured out how to get picons onto my unit yet. I don't have a network connection to the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

- Setting up Enhanced Movie Center in OpenATV -

Found some cool settings which really improve look and feel of Enhanced Movie Centre - nice channel picons beside each recording and large movie covers!
    Can you tell us where do get Enhanced Movie Center? I am on Open ATV 5.1, All I can find is EMC (Setup)

Kalyke wrote: »
    Can you tell us where do get Enhanced Movie Center? I am on Open ATV 5.1, All I can find is EMC (Setup)

No probs

There's a button on bottom left of remote control. It's got a red dot and had the word 'list' beside it.

Should take you straight in. It's called Enhanced 'movie' centre but it's act will where all your recordings end up.

It's much nicer to use for recording playback than the 'media centre' which is also on the unit. I avoid that.

The EMC set up option your seeing is just the settings page for EMC, once you launch EMC toucan change the settings/customise by pressing 'menu' button.

Hope that helps.

Old Jim wrote: »
    Unit was running fine on the stock Open ATV 4.2 but decided to update to a recent HDFreaks image. Started to get a black error screen everytime I tried to delete an item from the list of recordings. Went back to Open ATV 5.1 and all is well again
    Like the screenshot of the Movie center above. I haven't figured out how to get picons onto my unit yet. I don't have a network connection to the box.

Easiest way to get picons on the box is to download a set and put them on a USB key in a folder called 'picons'. You can then plug the USB key into one of the two USB ports on back of Optimuss and leave it in. On boot up it will read them from there.

Best thing about this is when you flash new images you don't lose your picons.

You'll find links to picons sets of you google - rats picons.

Let me know if you can't find any and I'll try send you a complete set for Astrsa and the Saorview channels.

Partymack,
    All links for rats picons seem to end up at a site called digitalworlds.co.uk. I registered but you need 5 posts to download.
    Would be very grateful if you could send on the picons or a link to where I can download.
    Thanks, Old Jim

• Advertisement

Partymack,
    All links for rats picons seem to end up at a site called digitalworlds.co.uk. I registered but you need 5 posts to download.
    Would be very grateful if you could send on the picons or a link to where I can download.
    Thanks, Old Jim

Hey Jim,

Here's a link to a bunch of files the boards guys that use the Amiko Alien use. The other files won't really work on our machine but the picons are fine.

download a set and also the Saorview ones.

Make sure you put them in a folder called 'picons' on your USB.

ANY probs let me know:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Haven't posted in a while so just a quick note to say that I have been running HDF 5.2 and have not had an issue in an age, touches wood.

Thanks for the picons Partymack, will give them a try out later.

Hey Jim,

Here's a link to a bunch of files the boards guys that use the Amiko Alien use. The other files won't really work on our machine but the picons are fine.

download a set and also the Saorview ones.

Make sure you put them in a folder called 'picons' on your USB.

ANY probs let me know:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AACtiW-BDsbi0cckTxIzJEJJa

Downloaded the image files and put them in a folder called picons. Does the box load these on bootup or do I need to do anything to get them to display? Thanks for all the help.

Downloaded the image files and put them in a folder called picons. Does the box load these on bootup or do I need to do anything to get them to display? Thanks for all the help.

They may appear automatically, in fact they probably will. There are about 4 places you can have them appear:

1. As you change channels they will show.
    2. If when pressing enter you get your channel listing and a 'what's on now' beside each channel.
    3. In your EPG against each channel when you press EPG.
    4. In EMC as per my picture the other day.

See my attached pics got examples of these.

Let me know if they are not showing in any of these places and I'll tell you where to go in menus to get sorted. They really smarten up things up!

They may appear automatically, in fact they probably will. There are about 4 places you can have them appear...

Woops - Forgot pic of EPG. Now attached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Woops - Forgot pic of EPG. Now attached.

looks good

Let me know if they are not showing in any of these places and I'll tell you where to go in menus to get sorted. They really smarten up things up!

The picons are not showing up. I went through the settings menu for the EPG and turned on picons anywhere it asked. There is a blank space where they should go I think so maybe it has difficulty reading them from the USB. I have all ~1000 .png files in a folder called picons. Does the USB key have to be empty besides this folder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

The picons are not showing up. I went through the settings menu for the EPG and turned on picons anywhere it asked. There is a blank space where they should go I think so maybe it has difficulty reading them from the USB. I have all ~1000 .png files in a folder called picons. Does the USB key have to be empty besides this folder?
    Can you tell me whereabouts you got them from? I was looking for a set online that would include Saorview channels too.

i think the folder should be picon,
    and where have u this folder, on usb?
    did u download the picons from plugins

g0g wrote: »
    Can you tell me whereabouts you got them from? I was looking for a set online that would include Saorview channels too.

I got them from the Dropbox link on the previous page. They are in the format "1_0_0_10E6_966_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png"

• Advertisement
Advertisement