Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Amy Hubberman is on the list too as announcing no.2. We told just main families, all very exciting, I felt dead nervous telling people like it was a bad secret I was withholding, lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Finally had booking appointment and first scan this morning. Thought it would take ages but was in and out of Holles St SP in 45 mins! Everyone is so nice in there.

All looking good anyway - there was lots of waving and bouncing around going on. Felt very strange watching it on the monitor - it was like watching something on TV that had nothing to do with me.

Took the plunge after that and bought a pair of maternity trousers for work in Mothercare - everyone super nice in there too.

Planning to tell the family at the weekend - first grandchild on my side so should be fierce excitement :P

Finally had booking appointment and first scan this morning. Thought it would take ages but was in and out of Holles St SP in 45 mins! Everyone is so nice in there.

All looking good anyway - there was lots of waving and bouncing around going on. Felt very strange watching it on the monitor - it was like watching something on TV that had nothing to do with me.

Took the plunge after that and bought a pair of maternity trousers for work in Mothercare - everyone super nice in there too.

Planning to tell the family at the weekend - first grandchild on my side so should be fierce excitement :P

Congrats cheese princess! First grandchild is always super precious. No wait in CUMH we'd to swop scan times with a couple as my husband was running late by 5mins, haha, I had expected long queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

so, booking appointment and scan done :D All good, and my due date has moved forward by 3 days :p
    I was in there from quarter to 2 until 10 past 4 :( booooring!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

so had my first appointment and first official scan today! baby kicking and waving like mad, so strange seeing it on the screen, looks very like a baby!! this scan put me back 6days but my first private scan had me at my original date so bit confused now! so due somewhere between 12th- 18th of march!
    told all our siblings this evenin, all a bit shocked but delighted for us, feels good to be not hiding it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

So I thought getting to 14 weeks I would be flying it :/ wrong! awake at all hours of the morning and severe headaches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

So I thought getting to 14 weeks I would be flying it :/ wrong! awake at all hours of the morning and severe headaches :(

I'm the same, 14 weeks and still bad sickness, bad headacres and no energy! Hopefully it will pass for us soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Bit late joining this thread but here I am!

So we are expecting baby number 3, due March 18th.

Bit of a surprise pregnancy but I think I'm getting used to the idea. My baby only turned 1 last month so I know I'm going to have a busy time on my hands!

Congrats :) when is everyone planning to start picking up a few bits? Don't want to start too early but don't want to end up buying very thing at once either

Congrats :) when is everyone planning to start picking up a few bits? Don't want to start too early but don't want to end up buying very thing at once either

I'm planning on hitting the January sales big time :-)

• Advertisement

I think I'll just get the bare essentials after Christmas. Lots of people say they bought way too much stuff and didn't use it and it's better to wait and see what you need.

Plus MIL is already talking about the hamper she's putting together so there'll be loads in that :)

I'm thinking more so the cot, buggy carseat and those must haves? Would rather get them over length time, alot of money if I buy them at once :P

I'm thinking more so the cot, buggy carseat and those must haves? Would rather get them over a length of time, alot of money if I buy them at once :P

I'm thinking more so the cot, buggy carseat and those must haves? Would rather get them over a length of time, alot of money if I buy them at once 

started looking up buggy/travel systems because thats going to be the biggest expense, my sister and 2 sister in laws all had their first babies around same time and all bought different ones, I have used them all and theres only 1 i'd buy, its the baby jogger city select, but there expensive and cant seem to get himself to understand why I want that one! at least by looking now we can save for it and it wont be such a sting!
    his mum is paying for our cot when I pick one! and think we can borrow Moses basket off a friend.,
    we both got new cars recently and neither of us have isofix now so least thats one expense we wont have now!!
    haven't anything actually bought yet, need to clear out the spare room first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

3rd baby, I'm sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chewie283

Hello ladies & congratulations to you all. I'm 16 weeks, due on the 04th of march after 2 miscarriages in the last year so really excited that this time all is going well so far.
    Do any of you have any groin pain when walking or going up-down stairs?

chewie283 wrote:
    Hello ladies & congratulations to you all. I'm 16 weeks, due on the 04th of march after 2 miscarriages in the last year so really excited that this time all is going well so far. Do any of you have any groin pain when walking or going up-down stairs?

welcome chewy! and congrats, sounds like you've had a tough year. I haven't had groin pain but get bad sciatica and muscle pain in my bum every night which makes sleeping difficult!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chewie283

ainy wrote: »
    welcome chewy! and congrats, sounds like you've had a tough year. I haven't had groin pain but get bad sciatica and muscle pain in my bum every night which makes sleeping difficult!!

Oh poor you! Hopefully it will go away soon!

Nearly 16 weeks now and definately have a bit of a bump

I've started back running now that my boobs aren't super sore anymore but I've got sore ribs after it!! Esp around the top, near bra line, is it from moving ribs? Has anyone had this? My energy levels hav picked up too since the first trimester is over. Any good suggestions for pregnancy Pilates/ yoga in cork area? Trying to keep active so it's easier on the other side. I signed in with the domino scheme in CUMH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Nearly 16 weeks now and definately have a bit of a bump

Definite bump here. No hiding this one! 15 +1 here. At least I'm still in my normal jeans (just about). :p

yamiki wrote: »
    Definite bump here. No hiding this one! 15 +1 here. At least I'm still in my normal jeans (just about). :p

It's gas, isn't it......

Still in my normal clothes 16weeks today or tomorrow (need to check with doc :P ) have small lil bump but when I eat I look 5+months haha

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Hi - just found this thread, glad to know I'm def not alone with the sickness, exhaustion, sore (giant!!) boobs and bloating etc Biggest issue for me is the bloodhound nose...I swear I can smell a bad smell 3 miles away. And the slightest smell makes me gag...mouthwash, the new sofa we got, hubby's aftershave, the air freshener in the toilets at work, the smell of the new (to me) car...the list goes on and on and on.

Anyway I'm 15+5 today due around 14th March - and just had my 2nd scan in Holles St on Monday, was great to see babs waving at me with his/her big long fingers :) He's developed a lot since the 12 week scan.

Already had to give in to the maternity jeans...the belly has popped already! not sure if it's all baby or all bloating but it's definitely there.

Woke up today with a pain in my back, have had issue with my back for good few years now sadly so I know pregnancy will only get tougher on me. Any tips on getting comfortable in bed aswell? Should I buy a pregnancy pillow or anything like that?
    Don't even have a big bump yet or anything so can I only imagine how i'll be getting bigger!

Has anyone got the flu vaccination? They're doing them in work next week and everyone says pregnant women should get them. But I've been over-googling and saw a couple of mentions of a link between the flu jab and autism in kids. Don't know what to do now :confused:

Has anyone got the flu vaccination? They're doing them in work next week and everyone says pregnant women should get them. But I've been over-googling and saw a couple of mentions of a link between the flu jab and autism in kids. Don't know what to do now 

i'm unsure what to do about the flu jab too! I used to get it every year but for last 2 I wasnt able too because I had a cold at the time and now i have one again, maybe its a sign!!

I have never had the flu vaccination and never suffered any major flus maybe the odd sniffle with the really cold weather. Feel strange now that I never got it?

I only had this conversation at work this morning, we get it here. My friend is a pharmacist & said I should get it as a flu is really bad for the baby (proper flu where you're in bed for a few days zonked) but I can't rem the last time I got a dose like that. I'm of the mindset if your fit & healthy your body should be able to fight these things but its not just me anymore. Hows everyone doing anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Popping in from May thread (I read all the threads, think I'm obsessed!) just to say it's a combination of the flu being quite dangerous for the baby but also when pregnant your immune system is a lot lower than normal so there's also a greater chance of you catching it! It's that combination that leads to the recommendation that all pregnant women get the vaccine. I'm a pharmacist and have a super immune system from all the bugs and illnesses I'm exposed to in work - usually get one cold a year if that and haven't been on antibiotics since I started working in pharmacy but I've had 2 horrible colds already since becoming pregnant and will be getting the vaccine as soon as this one passes

Advertisement