Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also could be something like season 2 of British Boot Camp.

Maybe British and Irish Boot Camp?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'll miss Petey.

Looks like Sanada will be sticking around:
    Wrestle-1 in Japan announced today that Seiya Sanada has signed a contract with TNA, but will still make appearances in Japan as well. Sanada has already won the X-Division championship since debuting in TNA.

BBC2.png

Very interested to see who is in the cast.

fkzofr.jpg

Thinking of shutdowning my Twitter after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    Thinking of shutdowning my Twitter after this.

Jaysus Christ!

TNA World Champion Lashley Signs With Bellator; Set to Fight on September 5th at Bellator 123

We are excited to announce that TNA World Heavyweight Champion LASHLEY has signed a deal with Bellator MMA and is set to make his debut on September 5th at Bellator 123. Lashley (10-2) will face Josh Burns (8-7) in a heavyweight clash.

The Bellator 123 card will be headlined by a Featherweight Title fight between Pat Curran and Patricio Pitbull. TNA and Bellator superstar King Mo will also compete on the card, making this a can’t miss event for any TNA or MMA fan!

Bellator 123 takes place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut on September 5th and will be broadcast LIVE and FREE on Spike TV!

Don't get this at all. Not like he is that skilled/interesting as a fighter or has the type of compelling personality that could draw MMA fans to watch Wrestling.

I wouldn't be too pleased if I were TNA either considering how they're building him as this unbeatable monster (though I suppose it's only an issue if he loses), anything to please Spike at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didn't realise Lashley had such a good record. Assumed it must have been bad when he came back to wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any word on the likely candidate for TNA Hall of Fame this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any word on the likely candidate for TNA Hall of Fame this year?

Team 3D were announced for the HOF at Slammiversary

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

And may likely be held in the parking lot of a fairground, filmed on Mini DV for YouTube. There's even a slight possibility the Dudley's wont show up, and instead opt to Skype in their speech, Internet connection pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be broadcast on the TNA Network, available for .99?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn't think they would go in this year, Ray impressed me more individually in TNA, thought it might be Styles, Samoa Joe or Abyss

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't think they would go in this year, Ray impressed me more individually in TNA, thought it might be Styles, Samoa Joe or Abyss

I think they are going for the names that WWE want in theirs first. Assuming they are still around, I reckon Christian will be next.

If they were going on merit, Jeff Jarrett and AJ Styles should have been one and two. But neither of those will be getting inducted into the WWE hall of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Talking about WWE's HOF selection process is tedious. The prospect of such talk starting for a TNA HOF is scary.

Reebrock wrote: »
    Talking about WWE's HOF selection process is tedious. The prospect of such talk starting for a TNA HOF is scary.

Doing those WWE don't have seems to be the only trend for selections thus far.

Good luck finding someone who things the first inductee shouldn't have been either Jarrett or Styles.

The current state of play to recap:

While TNA is getting a new day this week, the show has not yet been renewed by Spike TV and talks are ongoing. The move was made, as previously reported, in order to avoid competition from the NFL as well as potentially Smackdown if SyFy moves it. The NFL Thursday games on CBS start on September 11th, which means that is three episodes of Impact that would have potentially been affected by the competition.

It has been noted that there is a distinct lack of hype for October 12ths Bound for Glory, with no mention of the event on TV lately (including little to no attention during the New York City tapings). Many employees have no idea of the plans or details for BFG. Of course, there are tapings set for Impact that would take them past the current contract, so that is seen as a good sign.

The very latest from PWInsider: 
    We've heard from multiple TNA talents that Bully Ray held a meeting with the roster working tonight's live event in Hagerstown, MD and informed them he wanted to personally tell them goodbye as he didn't expect to be back for the company.

Bully is/was due to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame. Was a road agent/booker/office personnel guy at TNA too. Top babyface on the TNA TV too with weeks and weeks of shows in the can.

When you think it can't get worse it does.

It's TNA's fault for booking him so prominently but it would be pretty poor form to not at least work through October to do the HOF and blow off the three way tag feud.

• Advertisement

With the amount of times Devon has left and come back recently, I'd expect Bully to do the same. If they can afford him, he'll be there. With Angle all but confirmed as out the door when his contract expires, Bully has to be one of the highest earners left. Probably only Jeff would be paid more at this stage and his merchandise sales are likely making him worth the extra money.

Noticed the lack of BFG talk myself, but then again they only remembered Hardcore Justice the week before it airs. If their is still no mention of it this time next month I'd be worried.

Jeff Hardy's contract is up this month too.

rovert wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy's contract is up this month too.

He says here:
    Mike Chiari: TNA has obviously done a good job of locking up a lot of its talent to long-term contracts in recent months. Have you given any thought to your contract situation? Would you be interested in a long-term deal to remain a focal point of TNA?

Jeff Hardy: Possibly, yeah, I mean I’m locked in pretty much for two more years because I re-signed, and it’s up to TNA to keep me around. I’ll make that decision as we get closer to the time, but right now I pretty much have a dream job. I have a three year old daughter and I’m fortunate enough to be able to have this dream job and so much time at home each day with her and I take advantage of it. As long as I keep going now with this schedule, it’s perfect for me. As far as 5, 10 years down the road, I can’t say.

That's want Meltzer said on the LAW.

And they announced in 2013 that they resigned him for two years (so the earliest his contract should be up is next February unless it's one of those things where they ran through his dates or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ What would people's opinions be of Jeff Hardy returing to WWE(Again). He's clean and sober now so WWE wouldn't have a problem, and I think he'd brighten the roster up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ^^^ What would people's opinions be of Jeff Hardy returing to WWE(Again). He's clean and sober now so WWE wouldn't have a problem, and I think he'd brighten the roster up a bit.

Either him or Buh-Buh could add a bit of depth to the pre-show matches alright

Jeff is better than he ever was as a singles wrestler, WWE would be mad not to sign him. Same goes for Bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Jeff seems like the one person who has consistently been very happy with TNA, wouldn't be that surprised if he blames WWE schedules for a lot of his problems ...and he'd have a point.

If/when he returns to WWE, I hope he has the wherewitall to demand a reduced schedule and to not give in when they inevitably try and make him do heaps more.

• Advertisement

Matt said before that Jeff would never go back to WWE. Matt Hardy is the source so it could easily be total crap. Other than money, I dont see why he would even want to. He gets to do whatever he wants with his character and gets a lot of time with his family. I'm guessing he made quite a bit of money so shouldnt be needing to go back.

Advertisement