The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 412 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 10:58   #6166
Whispered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Would you not be inclined to tell them it's none of their business?!
As much as I'd like to I don't want to cause family issues.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 11:00   #6167
LexieOnRale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but speaking from experience you should be teaching the pup to be ok on his own and not so dependant on you. I made that mistake with Bailey (although not to the extreme of taking him to the loo ) and we're not able to leave him home for more than an hour now - which took me MONTHS of work!
We work all day so he only gets to see me at night time. I don't mind if he's clingy because he hasn't got me all day. I'd take them to bed if the oh would allow it.
Yesterday, 11:00   #6168
LexieOnRale

You're pregnant Whispered?! Congrats!!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:49   #6169
Pumpkinseeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispered View Post
As much as I'd like to I don't want to cause family issues.
Saying nothing in order to keep the peace is a mistake as eventually you just snap. Trust me, I bottled up all the crap with my mother in law for years until she pushed it too far and I had enough. I haven't spoken to the woman for 5 years.
(4) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:57   #6170
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Saying nothing in order to keep the peace is a mistake as eventually you just snap. Trust me, I bottled up all the crap with my mother in law for years until she pushed it too far and I had enough. I haven't spoken to the woman for 5 years.
+1 or it'll just give them more leeway to think they can say what they want? We have the same problem with one visitor who's basically a loose cannon - the dogs pick up on his negative energy and then the tension from us waiting for him to go mad and they end up going bananas. They're either crated, taken out or left on their leads when he arrives and most definitely never left alone with this person.

Just this week - "I can't do this when I have a dog GROWLING at me" - Lucy was woo-wooing which he knows well is not growling and is something she's always done which we love! FO then out of THEIR house is what I'd love to say lol
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 12:12   #6171
LexieOnRale

My OHs brother has this pain in the hole of a girlfriend, she started that craic too "oh I'm frightened", I saw her throw a kick at one of ours when she got out of the car. I've told her straight up, they live here you don't. The OHs mother did intervene, but if it comes down to the dogs being put outside or her ****ing off with herself, she'll be going every time.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:26   #6172
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexieOnRale View Post
My OHs brother has this pain in the hole of a girlfriend, she started that craic too "oh I'm frightened", I saw her throw a kick at one of ours when she got out of the car. I've told her straight up, they live here you don't. The OHs mother did intervene, but if it comes down to the dogs being put outside or her ****ing off with herself, she'll be going every time.
Hehe good one!! You're braver than me!

Now I've no proof.. but one evening I was taking baby Bailey to the vet for his KC shot and when the vet went near him he cowered That tool had been in the house that day and my mum went out to the garden for a second - she heard a bang and when she came in Bailey was over the other side of the room lying down. She asked what happened and he mumbled something about him falling. That's one of only 2 things I can think of that would be possible 'trauma' to his legs - he started having problems a week or so after that (The surgeon said it could have been genetic or trauma but no way of telling)

I live at home so I don't really have a say in who comes and goes and unless I win the lotto that's not going to change any time soon.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 20:30   #6173
mymo

You sound well prepared whispered, don't stress yourself, sounds like the same kind of people told me the cat would smother my baby!

My daughter made it safely to 16 so far, and myself and my brothers grew up in a house full of animals, we all survived our childhoods!

Our neighbours bred EBT's and not one of their 4 babies was eaten, common sense and rules are what's needed, not idiots advice.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 20:53   #6174
tk123

Bailey wouldn't get back in the hydro pool this evening. We've had no problems for over 2 years since he's been muzzled and lifted in but this week and last week he started growling and tensed up. Don't know if it's him not wanting to be handled after his op/when he was kept in for tests etc but a bit of a disaster. Thought we'd crossed this bridge but we're back to square one!
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:26   #6175
muddypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
Bailey wouldn't get back in the hydro pool this evening. We've had no problems for over 2 years since he's been muzzled and lifted in but this week and last week he started growling and tensed up. Don't know if it's him not wanting to be handled after his op/when he was kept in for tests etc but a bit of a disaster. Thought we'd crossed this bridge but we're back to square one!
Is there not a ramp down into the pool?
Yesterday, 23:44   #6176
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddypaws View Post
Is there not a ramp down into the pool?
The ramp doesn't go all the way down and the pool is above ground if that makes sense. He can't get out himself which is why I think he doesn't use the ramp. We normally put a treat in the muzzle and he's lifted in and the muzzle comes off but the last 2 weeks he's growled and barked and doesn't want to go back in after his first swim - he normally does 3 with a break between each one. I don't know if he's still worried about being handled from being in the vets or are the treats maybe a bit too hard for him - but he has no problem eating them lol! He doesn't NEED to go to hydro anymore but it's helped so much I've kept taking him. This one is 15 mins away from my house - if we stopped going there we'd have to go to the one in Sallins so a bit of a trek compared to what we're used to now.
Thanks from:
Today, 02:35   #6177
budgese

I just started work in a pet shop.... I had never handled any reptiles before, within a week, I LOVE them! I wish I could own a corn snake. But I know that I can't! I'm also a recovering arachniphobe, I say recovering because in the last two years or so I have been dealing ok with house spiders... soon I will have to care for a tarantula. I don't know how I will cope!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion