Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gio2 wrote: »
    Massive row in Waterville park just now between two groups of teens. So much for social distancing. Very frightening with so many kids families in the park.

Please tell me someone called that Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Gio2

Caranica wrote: »
    Please tell me someone called that Gardai

Yes but they arrived half an hour later when it was all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Are there any swans left or were they taken along with the fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭raheny red

horse7 wrote: »
    Are there any swans left or were they taken along with the fish?

2 at the moment. 1 of which sitting in the nest on an egg I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

raheny red wrote: »
    2 at the moment. 1 of which sitting in the nest on an egg I presume.

how does one go about taking a swan??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

My thinking exactly on both replies above. No exaggeration there were about 15 people fishing there yday evening.
    Fishing isn't exercise so not allowed as a reason to be in the park at the moment.
    Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Fishing was never permitted.

Needs must when the devil drives. Present circumstances are certainly unique.

As human beings we are hunter gathers and fishermen. We have been doing it since forever.

Anyway,

1. Fishing is a solitary occupation.

2. These fishermen are not doing any harm to anyone. I presumes they're socially distancing, as it wouldn't be practical to fish cheek by jowl with other people.

3. Fishing is a very relaxing way to pass the time.

4. Peoples mental health is suffering and fishing is one way to relieve the stress.

Would you prefer they met in the park, smoked all sorts, had a few tinnies, shouted abuse and threw bottles at random passer byes.

If somebody is doing something that's doing no harm, and not effecting you in the slightest, then leave them to it. It's none of your business. Live and let live.

Honestly, there is enough stuff going on to wreck everyone's head without people sticking their noses where they don't belong.

The vast majority were in groups. They are practically fishing in a dog pond ffs. They are taking up spots were young families stand to look and feed the birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

The vast majority were in groups. They are practically fishing in a dog pond ffs. They are taking up spots were young families stand to look and feed the birds.

Maybe they should read this before feeding the ducks and birds

https://www.birdspot.co.uk/bird-food/feeding-ducks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Guys can we get back to Neighbourhood Watch issues here please? Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There were reports in a local Facebook group of two men going door to door selling meat while a third man was checking out the back door. Not sure who would be opening the door to strangers at the moment but something to watch out for.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I didn't think it warranted a new thread and would fall under this one. Will set up a new one if it carries on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Murt10 wrote: »

As human beings we are hunter gathers and fishermen. We have been doing it since forever.

Anyway,

2. These fishermen are not doing any harm to anyone. I presumes they're socially distancing, as it wouldn't be practical to fish cheek by jowl with other people.

4. Peoples mental health is suffering and fishing is one way to relieve the stress.

Would you prefer they met in the park, smoked all sorts, had a few tinnies, shouted abuse and threw bottles at random passer byes.

If somebody is doing something that's doing no harm, and not effecting you in the slightest, then leave them to it. It's none of your business. Live and let live.

Honestly, there is enough stuff going on to wreck everyone's head without people sticking their noses where they don't belong.
    Provided it within 1 klm of your house.

Murt10 wrote: »

Anyway,

If it complies with the rules and bylaws of the Park it’s good to me, provided it all done within 2 Km of your place of residence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

miamee wrote: »
    There were reports in a local Facebook group of two men going door to door selling meat while a third man was checking out the back door. Not sure who would be opening the door to strangers at the moment but something to watch out for.

Considering every delivery person just leaves stuff on your front door and leaves, I wouldn’t be opening the door to anyone alright. But I guess burglars must be hard up at the moment with everyone sitting at home.

If it complies with the rules and bylaws of the Park it’s good to me, provided it all done within 2 Km of your place of residence.

It's not exercise!!!! Or essential travel. Not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Parks byelaws are suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

FYI: You can edit your posts instead of creating a new one to make a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Considering every delivery person just leaves stuff on your front door and leaves, I wouldn’t be opening the door to anyone alright. But I guess burglars must be hard up at the moment with everyone sitting at home.

Burglars need to diversify, they're obviously facing many challenges, their bread and butter is breaking into people's homes but the best and smartest will see this as a chance to grow their portfolio.

I'm no expert in their line of work, but while obviously houses are almost always occupied and people are probably even staying up later the number of commercial businesses lying empty has never been higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Nolimits wrote: »
    Burglars need to diversify, they're obviously facing many challenges, their bread and butter is breaking into people's homes but the best and smartest will see this as a chance to grow their portfolio.

I'm no expert in their line of work, but while obviously houses are almost always occupied and people are probably even staying up later the number of commercial businesses lying empty has never been higher.

Very true, though I think security is still essential service and for example a building site near me is patrolled 24/7.

Given that every burglar convicted in the courts seems to be known to Gardai and sent down with dozens of prior convictions, perhaps the State should just reach out and offer them the pandemic payment in return for also staying home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Cant figure out why the phoenix park is closed for pedestrians today.

• Advertisement

horse7 wrote: »
    Cant figure out why the phoenix park is closed for pedestrians today.

The failed election candidate and her anti everything brigade were planning a protest there.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The failed election candidate and her anti everything brigade were planning a protest there.

A missed opportunity to corral them into one place and leave them there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Weepsie wrote: »

Best idea I saw in the twittersphere was to lock them in and let the carnivores out from the zoo ......

Weepsie wrote: »
    Remember the Kenny Everett line? "Round ‘em up, put ‘em in a field and bomb the bastards!"

jeffk wrote: »
    Since when was it OK to say people should be feed to wild animals or blown up on boards? :confused:

Put up a referral link or tease some piracy app and your jumped on
    I put a smilie on my post to help avoid confusion.
    People are frustrated and venting. This doesn't necessarily mean that what they said was okay. Feel free to report posts.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Since when was it OK to say people should be feed to wild animals or blown up on boards? :confused:

Put up a referral link or tease some piracy app and your jumped on

I think the lockdown must be getting to people if anyone took those posts seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I didn't know you could blow someone up on boards.

Not surprised its being laughed off and two report posts ignored
    They we likely not ignored but simply didn't get the action you expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sorry folks, mad long weekend away so missed all the craic here (I wish).
    jeffk is right, these sort of comments are not nice regardless of who they are directed at.
    I have no time for Gemma et al but we all need to moderate what we post. It is eminently possible to destroy her position without the need to suggest interesting means of getting rid of her.

And plus also too as well, it's all way off topic, so lets get back to Neighbourhood Watch please.

I've just deleted a few off-topic posts that were ignoring Gaspode's warning above to get back on the topic of Neighbourhood Watch. Any more off-topic posts will have to be actioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Why didn't both mods delete all the other posts?

Surely don't want to keep posts like that left in the public eye?

MOD: user carded for backseat moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Deleted my posts

So if mods or posters could delete quotes of my posts seen as I can't

Deleted my posts

So if mods or posters could delete quotes of my posts seen as I can't

Interesting point and I know, its off topic.
    However, why is it possible to delete your own posts on quite a number of Boards.ie forums, but no on the D15 forum, Mods?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Interesting point and I know, its off topic.
    However, why is it possible to delete your own posts on quite a number of Boards.ie forums, but no on the D15 forum, Mods?

You can delete your posts on any forum on Boards, as long as it's within (I think) 24 hours of posting it.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    You can delete your posts on any forum on Boards, as long as it's within (I think) 24 hours of posting it.

Thanks, was unable to do that the other evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Any idea what's happening in Ongar village about now, three lads cuffed on the ground outside the Day Today shop. Guards in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Anyone have a ladies bike stolen over the weekend?
    My own bike was actually stolen from my shed but there is a ladies bike abandoned on the street that none of my neighbours seem to know anything about.

I've moved the Phoenix Park discussion to it's own thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058087343#

News media are reporting the death of a woman in her 60s at a house in Willow Wood Grove, Hartstown following an apparent assault with weapons including a samurai style sword and a meat cleaver.

Gardaí were alerted to a live incident at approx 11.30 this morning and had to force entry on arrival to effect the arrest of a man, also in his 60s, believed to be known to the victim.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Larbre34 wrote: »
    News media are reporting the death of a woman in her 60s at a house in Willow Wood Grove, Hartstown following an apparent assault with weapons including a samurai style sword and a meat cleaver.

Gardaí were alerted to a live incident at approx 11.30 this morning and had to force entry on arrival to effect the arrest of a man, also in his 60s, believed to be known to the victim.

RIP.

sounds horrendous, RIP the poor woman.

Media have since revised the ages of the female victim to 57 and the man arrested on suspicion of the assault to 60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Larbre34 wrote: »

RIP.

A partner or husband? RIP that poor lady

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A partner or husband? RIP that poor lady

A very sad and tragic occurrence, that requires neither speculation nor gossip!

Interesting to note that after 10 years and 54,000 plus posts on Boards, this is your first time you have posted on the D15 forum.

The Independent have a lot of details on this incident including photos of the victim and her alleged murderer. I thought she looked familiar, she used to work in M&S. May she rest in peace.

My heart goes out to their son who raised the alarm and their other children. I can't begin to imagine how horrific this is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Gio2

Anyone know what’s happening in Blanchardstown village. Gardai everywhere?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Independent have a lot of details on this incident including photos of the victim and her alleged murderer. I thought she looked familiar, she used to work in M&S. May she rest in peace.

My heart goes out to their son who raised the alarm and their other children. I can't begin to imagine how horrific this is for them.

Very very sad.

My sincere condolences to her family.

May she rest in peace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Interesting to note that after 10 years and 54,000 plus posts on Boards, this is your first time you have posted on the D15 forum.

I'm from Blanchardstown and I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.

What's your point? She's entitled to ask questions. It's a discussion forum.

I too recognise the lady from M&S. An incident beyond comprehension.

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm from Blanchardstown and I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.

What's your point? She's entitled to ask questions. It's a discussion forum.

Mod:
    You don't have to be from Dublin 15 to post here and questioning other users about their posting history is unnecessary, let's leave the questioning out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement