Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Well I wouldn't say I was a fan of Laganja but I have gone from detesting her to thinking that maybe she wasn't that bad in hindsight. At least she recognised her annoying qualities, accepted them and is now trying to "redeem" herself, for lack of a better term. I can respect that and makes her a little more likeable in my book.
    The same can not be said for some other awful queens who do themselves no favours.....Phi Phi.

I guess it brings up an interesting point about the way the show is edited. It's like they need a couple of bitchy queens every year or villians. It so so obvious that Darienne Lake was made out to be a villain when she wasn't, probably due to there being no others there to fill that role. Do we think this is unfair? At the start of the season it could easily have been Bianca based on her brash personality and the Rolodex of Hate. But then it was clear she was the best one there so they needed her to fill the sweetheart role. So that's when Darienne and to a lesser extent Courteny Act (Joslyn being a fan fave hurt her)

Anyway I guess I'm just rambling now and just typing anything that comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Not at all! I agree with you. There HAS to be a certain amount of production editing to make it a show, otherwise they could have 14 Switzerland's and ain't nobody got time for that. Characters like Laganja just don't do themselves any favours when they over-emphasize something that just doesn't flow well. I can't see how they expected to be seen any other way. I'm thrilled she's taken all on board and in no way was she in the same league as Phi Phi who I think just...was....well...Phi Phi I guess.

And it's so easy to emphasize those small segments into major storylines; e.g. like Jinx and Ivy's relationship. And you make a stellar point; easily could have pigeon holed Bianca as this stubborn oldie who didn't want to take newbies seriously.

Incidently, it's a bit odd seemingly ALL the queens are all rooting for Michelle on CBB on twitter I find. Can't imagine they all would have time for her, and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I'm up to Season 5 and ahm hating Alaska.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

ezgif-3792913458.gif

How can you hate Alaska? She's one of the best queens in Season 5. Give her time to grow on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I'm up to Season 5 and ahm hating Alaska.
    ^^^This person right here didn't see the perfume ad yet.

Yes, there's some really good, funny Alaska moments but more into the season, don't instantly hate her because you don't like her in the first episode or two. She's a grower.

Roxxxy Andrews on the other hand....

Once Alaska broke away from Detox and Roxxy I really liked her. And then rewatching the season, loved her even more. I think she was overshadowed by the whole primace of being in a drag gang.

Official premiere date is March 2nd. There's a first look trailer on LogoTV website. Can't link as on phone. Can't wait but why so long away?
    #theshadeofitall

Also Santino doesn't feature on any of the promotional material so fingers crossed he's not on this season.

I don't want to watch the previews as it usually gives you a completely warped view of some of the things that happen in the season and also can give away spoilers as to what queens go out and when.

But I know temptation will get the better of me and I'll watch it at some point.

I knew it was gonna be March!

Oh, and Santino doesn't seem to be a judge this season, there are two new judges, Carson Kressley and Ross Matthews (who guest judged previously). So the judges are Carson, Michelle, RuPaul, Ross and a guest judge every week.

Finding it fierce difficult trying to watch the video. Says it's blocked outside America :/

Predictions based on who might go out first? ^^

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Finding it fierce difficult trying to watch the video. Says it's blocked outside America :/

Predictions based on who might go out first? ^^

It's on YouTube now 😄

There is a shot near the start of Ru talking to all the queens at once in the work room and I counted 13 heads. So, either there are 13 queens this season or, an eagle eyed fan could work out from that which one of the queens went in the first week.

I wonder if it will be the same as last year with the queens split into 7 each and there are 2 opening episodes to help everyone get to know who each queen is?

Guest judges for Season 7 are:-

Santino Rice (we haven't totally got rid of him, sadly)
    Merle Ginsburg
    Ariana Grande
    John Waters
    Olivia Newton-John
    Rebecca Romjin
    Jessica Alba
    Demi Lovato
    Mel B
    Tamar Braxon
    Kathy Griffin
    Isaac Mizrahi
    Kat Dennings
    Michael Urie
    Rachael Harris
    Alyssa Milano
    Lucian Pine
    Jordin Sparks

Some interesting looks from the trailer. Looks like everyone has brought their A game.

On an aside, is anyone going to see some of the Queens this year? Booking tickets later for Gia, Ben and Alaska. Should be fun ^^

The trailer, just for anyone who hasn't seen it or can't find it yet:-

2 weeks 4 days until it'll be available online to download. Hurry uppppp!!!

I'm so excited for this. Just over a week to go!

I was perusing the Wiki page for Season 7 and I see someone has posted info about episode 1 including the bottom 2 and the elimination. Obviously I have no idea wether this is true or not but let this be a warning to stay away from Wiki if you are trying to go spoiler free.

I'm so excited for this. Just over a week to go!

I was perusing the Wiki page for Season 7 and I see someone has posted info about episode 1 including the bottom 2 and the elimination. Obviously I have no idea wether this is true or not but let this be a warning to stay away from Wiki if you are trying to go spoiler free.
    Episode 1 was definitely leaked, although I never watched it.

Untucked is no longer going to be on TV after Drag Race, it is now a separate entity and will be uploaded to YouTube only the following morning after the main episode is broadcast. So, providing you have the right software in your browser (like Hola! which is free) you can access Untucked on YouTube without having to go looking for a torrent of it. So, given the time difference between here and the US, by the time Drag Race is available for download, Untucked will be ready and waiting on YouTube.

There have been several viewing / launch events for the show, so to hear that episode 1 has been leaked is not a surprise, just disappointing. I shall indeed stay away from the shows' Wiki page. :)

• Advertisement

Any risky predictions anyone wants to make? I've not seen any spoilers or what not but am in love with the little I've seen of Katya and Ginger. Not warming to Pearl at all at all.

Going by the Meet the Queens videos I really like Jaidyn Diore Fierce, Trixie Mattel, Miss Fame and Mrs. Kasha Davies but I think there are a lot of really good queens this season.

Bring on the next set of catchphrases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Interferon Gamma

J_E wrote: »
    Episode 1 was definitely leaked, although I never watched it.
    Paddy C wrote: »

There have been several viewing / launch events for the show, so to hear that episode 1 has been leaked is not a surprise, just disappointing. I shall indeed stay away from the shows' Wiki page. :)

The episode that was leaked (and shown at the premiere parties) doesn't include the lipsync and cuts out when they announce who's low that week. The only reason the internet thinks that queen is eliminated is because they haven't got many looks in the season trailer but nothing's been confirmed yet.
    Any risky predictions anyone wants to make? I've not seen any spoilers or what not but am in love with the little I've seen of Katya and Ginger. Not warming to Pearl at all at all.
    Going by the Meet the Queens videos I really like Jaidyn Diore Fierce, Trixie Mattel, Miss Fame and Mrs. Kasha Davies but I think there are a lot of really good queens this season.

Bring on the next set of catchphrases.

I'm really digging Max's looks. It looks to be a strong season overall and hasn't got many filler queens which looks promising. Pearl's attitude really bugged me in the interviews but I've since seen her looks in episode one and she looks amazing. Definitely one of my favs. Miss Fame looks great too but seems a little one dimensional.

Today's the day! Drag Race returns at 9pm in America, so it should be "available" early morning tomorrow for us. Untucked will appear on YouTube in the early afternoon. Both should be easily ready for everyone to watch tomorrow evening. Can't wait!!!

If you want to watch Untucked on YouTube, download a free VPN add on for your browser. Hola! works great on Firefox and Chrome.

Gentlemen, start your engines...and may the best woman, WIN! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Finally!! Been waiting ages, looking forward to another great season.

• Advertisement

What's the story with this thread re spoilers and discussing the episode when everyone's had a fair chance to watch it?

What's the story with this thread re spoilers and discussing the episode when everyone's had a fair chance to watch it?

Its okay to discuss but any details on the bottom two and the person evicted should be in spoiler tags.

Normally, I would say if you are going to talk about the show the day the episode is broadcast, perhaps use spoiler tags just in case.

Then again, people should/would know by now that if you check a TV show thread before you've seen the latest episode, you do so at your own risk and can't always rely on people to use the spoiler tags.

So I've just watched the 1st episode and I don't know where to start. There was just so much going on.
    I was a bit disappointed that they introduced all the queens in the first episode as I thought the split last year worked better. You only really got a quick glimpse of their personalities before it was on to the first challenge. Really loved Pearl and Violet Chachki's looks - although looks like we have our season bitch with Violet. Max's runway was just.......I have no words.
    Loved the cameo from Alaska too. Really liking the new judges too as they are sassy without crushing them like some previous judges we could mention.
    Not mentioning the bottom 2 or elimination until everybody has a chance to watch it.

All in all great first episode and excited for the rest of the season

Just watched it. There is a LOT to take in. I'm kinda glad we don't have to wait to meet any contestants but agree with BDB that we barely got to scratch the surface with them as there is so many and that runway went on for ever......

I think the new judges are great, Michelle's got herself a bit of competition there.

So far my favourites are Pearl who looks amazing and Katya. I was underwhelmed by Miss Fame who I expected to be a lot better than she was.

Re bottom two, I'm sad that the person who went was the one voted off, I really liked her and thought she had a lot of potential.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Just watched it. There is a LOT to take in. I'm kinda glad we don't have to wait to meet any contestants but agree with BDB that we barely got to scratch the surface with them as there is so many and that runway went on for ever......

I think the new judges are great, Michelle's got herself a bit of competition there.

So far my favourites are Pearl who looks amazing and Katya. I was underwhelmed by Miss Fame who I expected to be a lot better than she was.

Re bottom two, I'm sad that the person who went was the one voted off, I really liked her and thought she had a lot of potential.

Mostly agree with everything here but still not sure about Pearl yet. Her looks in this episode were flawless but in her Meet the Queens video before the season started she looked as if she didn't even want to be there so i'm not sure if i'm going to like her attitude.

With Miss Fame i'm a bit disappointed too as I loved her before the season even started and I loved her entrance outfit, like a dragged up Statue of Liberty, however I found her to be maybe a little entitled? Like she expected to win? Also you can see a feud with Violet coming with Violet having a similar attitude.

Not reading anything <fingers in ears> lalalalalalalala!

If you're having trouble finding Untucked, it is here. You just need to change your country to the US using your VPN software and you can watch. Enjoy! I'll be back on tonight once I've seen both to have a bitch with you all!

Love the new format for Untucked. It seems less about the fake melodrama and more about the girls just having a kiki. In saying that there is still shade being thrown all over the place which is always fun to watch.
    Also with the cold opening sequence which doesn't highlight all the upcoming drama there is less chance for the elimination being spoiled. That was something that always bothered me about previous seasons of Untucked. Yu knew a certain girl was safe because you hadn't yet seen some of her looks that had been aired.

So after watching that i've pretty much decided that I really dislike Pearl (I reserve the right to change my mind).
    And for once both of the big girls look like they could be strong contenders

That weight read of Tempest DuJour by Michelle was one of her bitchiest moments...

Best moment so far was Chachki with that tartan reveal...

OK, I've seen the episode and Untucked and don't want to comment much as I'm need to take some time to digest it all. Initial reactions though:-

Good:-

-Great to have the show back

- They seemed to have stopped doing the "coming up" for every ad break and have got rid of the initial preview at the start of the season and every Untucked that gives away looks and who potentially is gonna be in the show for a while before going.

Bad:-

- Don't like how it seemed to be so much crammed in to one episode. 3 different runway's takes up a lot of time and got really hard to watch as the episode went on. They got it right with the opening of Season 6. Why go back to the old way? So many queens, it was hard to remember their names and some of them look VERY similar, especially during Untucked sitting together with similar wigs on and nude outfits.

- Not a fan of Carson and Ross as judges. I never thought I'd say this but I miss Santino not being there. Carson is too OTT and the way he reacted during the mini-challenge for Violet's reveal was so annoying. Attention seeking and nothing more.

- Don't like the new Untucked format. It's censored (language wise, yet they didn't blur the pretend naked outfits?? and when the camera followed the queens from the main stage to backstage they started off being blurred then removed the blur... WHY???) It less fake-drama orientated, but that was one of the old ways charms and there's no pink box, no small groups having a bitch separately from everyone, it just seems really... cheap(?) with the single couch located off to the side of the main stage. The interactions with the main show are offputting too, it comes across as trying too hard to be 'real' and 'gritty' which comes across as more fake than the fake drama they engineered for previous seasons.

- Why was Alaska even there? No introduction or explanation, or mention afterwards. Weird.

I find it strange that Ru said this season was changed up because the queens had been watching since Season 1 and knew how to 'play the game' so they are trying to catch them off guard, but instead they have ended up making the show look like a shadow of its former self.

I know it's only the first episode, but overall, I'm not liking Season 7 and the changes, and I've never felt this way about ANY season before. I'll stick with it and see how it goes and I hope my mind changes.

I'm feeling lukewarm about this season so far too. The queens just don't feel as individual as they did last season, no real 'characters' coming out, too much fishy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

- Why was Alaska even there? No introduction or explanation, or mention afterwards. Weird.

More importantly Mathu Anderson was there. He actually did Anna Wintours hair and make up for several years. So what Alaska was saying, was probably actual Anna Wintours phrases. I say they didnt give her any air time, as they were so stuck to keep the show under 45 mins. Personally I think it needed a double episode to keep it flowing.

Im glad untucked is no longer completely fake **** show that it was. Former contestants hated the fake, that they were fed stuff to say by producers. Willam want to walk out on the first day due to **** behind the scenes with untucked. He also raised the point untucked was very exploitive of people eg Monica Beverly Hillz. Although its a 'reality' show. As Raven said. You have to tell the producers what they want to hear and not your honest opinion. If you keep telling them everyone is nice and sweet, you will get kicked off the show.

Does Trixie Mattel do any other look than dragged up Princess Peach? It's going to get old real soon.

Did anyone else think that maybe the mini challange should have been the main, and the nude allusion the mini one? The runways just seemed so lackluster throughout; honestly any of them could have won and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. There was altogether, so much in this episode I'm finding it hard to really pick out any of them. Makes me think Season 6's opening wasn't a bad idea at all!

Originally I was disappointed with who went home but further research online and I can't say they would have stayed long anyway. There was A LOT in the episode and it kind of seemed so crushed and packed but I'm expecting great things from others given their instagrams and YouTube videos.

Untucked; I'm actually really liking the setup. Sooner or later it was going to be too much. It's really nice to see the other natural side to their characters. Now it's a little bit more level-playing field; if you dig your own grave, enjoy it kind of thing. And plus with only like one couch if shade is thrown, you best believe it will be dealt with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I agree with the above poster. The new set-up for Untucked is much more organic and legit; the pink furry box thing - it had already become as stale as 'letters from home' in Big Brother.

I'm really sad at the queen that went home - she seemed to be a really nice person, with one of the most inadvertantly hilarious and ridiculous sound bytes ever (that maybe someone will remind me of in due course). BTW, the queen that dissed the aforementioned exitee - what a fukn bitch! Seriously, GTFO!!!!

Further agree with the very astute post that the mini-challenge should have been the main challenge and I also dont think that the correct queen won the challenge but sure, you'll have that

• Advertisement

episode 2 up - already online

https://vine.co/v/OPYLt96d1up

Oh lord, this is beautiful

episode 2 up - already online
    I wonder how. It hasn't been broadcast on TV yet, so unless the web/iTunes version has been uploaded by mistake or privately and someone has managed to hack and download it themselves then re-upload it for everyone else...

Have you seen it? (Don't say anything!) Is it decent quality and uncensored?

I wonder how. It hasn't been broadcast on TV yet, so unless the web/iTunes version has been uploaded by mistake or privately and someone has managed to hack and download it themselves then re-upload it for everyone else...

Have you seen it? (Don't say anything!) Is it decent quality and uncensored?

pm sent!

pm sent!

Couldn't do me a masso favour and send a pm my way too could you. Cheers

Couldn't do me a masso favour and send a pm my way too could you. Cheers

:D:D:D:D

I'm resisting the urge simply because then it's an even longer wait till episode 3 ^^'

I haven't received any PM and I don't want it. :)

I know where Episode 2 is to download, but I'd rather wait and watch it on Tuesday so I can watch Untucked afterwards. :)

I faltered. Just watched episode 2...a mate kept talking about it so....

All I'll say is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better. We're back in business!

• Advertisement

Yes, I've now given in and watched episode 2. It is a better episode over the opener, the show has found it's feet and flows much better. I'm surprised though that this weeks mini challenge wasn't something they put in the first episode rather than this and made more of a deal about it.

Advertisement