Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    That was me, handing in my bound and printed thesis. Good riddance!

Well done, congrats.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dr Voodoo. Has a nice ring to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

el tonto wrote: »
    Dr Voodoo. Has a nice ring to it.

Unfortunately not a PhD...I'll have to live with being only "most amazing cyclist in the universe" for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Unfortunately not a PhD...I'll have to live with being only "most amazing cyclist in the universe" for now.

That will look better on the grave stone.

Raam wrote: »
    That will look better on the grave stone.

Are you planning something I should know about???

Are you planning something I should know about???

Uhm, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

That was me, handing in my bound and printed thesis. Good riddance!
    Do you have a black singlespeed with drops and rack that you park out the back door?

abcdggs wrote: »
    Do you have a black singlespeed with drops and rack that you park out the back door?

No rack, which side are you calling the back? Restaurant side? It's a singlespeed alright, funny colour, probably looks black though.

If it was jeans and a boards jacket it was me inside the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

No rack, which side are you calling the back? Restaurant side? It's a singlespeed alright, funny colour, probably looks black though.

If it was jeans and a boards jacket it was me inside the building.
    Not the restaurant side, the side near the track. Suppose I'll know if it's your bike on monday. The one I'm thinking of has spesh bits on it i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You could always call yourself The Voodoo Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Grimpeur

Between Julianstown and Duleek at about 1.00?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Grimpeur wrote: »
    Between Julianstown and Duleek at about 1.00?

Whoooo Hooooo finally got spotted, yep that was me on the way home after 70 odd k :)

Was talking to another fellow boardsie between Naul and Balbriggan for a few mins, sorry can't remember your name though :o:o:o:o. He wasn't wearing a boards jersey as such so does that still count as a spotting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Opposite the Texaco coming into Blessington (from wicklow side) circa 1:15 on Saturday. I was on the way to a wedding in Laragh and you were taking a breather and having a munch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Opposite the Texaco coming into Blessington (from wicklow side) circa 1:15 on Saturday. I was on the way to a wedding in Laragh and you were taking a breather and having a munch.
    That'd be me on the homeward leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen. Just after 9am at hueston bridge/parkgate st.

Fantastic victory salute. Made my morning sir.
    Sorry didn't wave. Short sightedness meant I only recognised you as you took the line and saluted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Spotted on Penrose Quay in cork city at about 2:30 this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Class, that was me landing back from Limerick:D... 125km and it gets spotted with 3km to go:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

annacotty, county limerick, 6 15 ish yesterday evening on a trek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davidoc

Spotted someone on the north quays around 9am on a single-speed Specialized...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

davidoc wrote: »
    Spotted someone on the north quays around 9am on a single-speed Specialized...

Cool, spotted on my first day back on the bike in months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

unionman wrote: »
    Cool, spotted on my first day back on the bike in months.

He's Back!!!!

Hurrah -been too long mate :)

He's Back!!!!

Hurrah -been too long mate :)

And many thanks for the warm welcome Tiny. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

unionman wrote: »
    And many thanks for the warm welcome Tiny. Much appreciated.

Tiny's only back cycling since the good weather arrived also, he's giving some crap about an injury and it's probably only a chipped tooth or something like that.

All jokes aside welcome back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Vélo wrote: »
    Tiny's only back cycling since the good weather arrived also, he's giving some crap about an injury and it's probably only a chipped tooth or something like that.

All jokes aside welcome back.

Injury and chipped tooth :)

Spotted a Boards jacket, silver coloured helmet, road bike (but didn't get a good look) on Dorset St, citybound, at about 930 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hi to ant whom I met in the Phoenix Park this evening. o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

At around 8am today I got a glimpse of a boards jersy out of the cornor of my eye, very bright and clean hi-vis cover on their backpack, was on the Ballycullen road heading towards Scholarstown road I was heading the opposite direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Think I saw seamus again stopped at lights junction of south circular road and Harolds cross, bout 8.30 or so.
    I was on a bus this morning else would have said hello

Yep, both me. Though it was more like 8.20 Ken, didn't take me 30 minutes to get from Firhouse to Leonard's corner! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

No, definitely closer to 8.30. The bus picked me up outside the garda club on scr @ 8.25

• Advertisement

Then I must have left late :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Ant

buffalo wrote: »
    Hi to ant whom I met in the Phoenix Park this evening. o/

Hey Buffalo, First time seeing a Boards jersey stationary and up close. They look good. See you round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Was that the Blorg master I seen whizzing off the featherbeds today den eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Was that the Blorg master I seen whizzing off the featherbeds today den eh ?
    Sounds like it. Were you one of the cyclists coming up? Seemed to be a few of you in the same jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

blorg? with lady companion on Military road today at 14.43.
    I was in blue s/s jersey nearing the top of the climb out of Glenasmole valley.
    Gave the "Boardsie" shout and got a wave back.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Todays sightings
    1. WAR Cycle No. 2 On the road up to lough tay viewing point.
    (Jake on tour I think) I forgot on the climb up to the viewing point.
    2. Sitting on the grass at the finish to WAR.
    Was too tired to talk at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

blorg wrote: »
    Sounds like it. Were you one of the cyclists coming up? Seemed to be a few of you in the same jersey.

Yeah that was me and a couple of newbie members from Thinkbike.ie I brought them for their first 100 k spin today...
    Where did you get to in the end ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

garminguy wrote: »
    annacotty, county limerick, 6 15 ish yesterday evening on a trek:)

YAY! My first spotting. Thanks dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Yeah that was me and a couple of newbie members from Thinkbike.ie I brought them for their first 100 k spin today...
    Where did you get to in the end ?
    Sally Gap, Lugalla and back by Ballinastoe/Djouce. Was a very nice day for it, would have gone for longer but racing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    Todays sightings

JeffOnTour, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

2. Sitting on the grass at the finish to WAR.
    Was too tired to talk at that point.

Could have been me. I was sitting on the grass for a while trying to figure of if my legs would ever move again.

I met jeffontour at the finish and I did see one other boards jersey but he was on the phone at the time so I didn't say hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Raam wrote: »
    JeffOnTour, I reckon.
    That'd be it.
    Was very tired last night.
    Could have been me. I was sitting on the grass for a while trying to figure of if my legs would ever move again.
    I was that way too. The massage I got was well worth the wait.
    Legs still sore, but hate to think what they'd be like without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

saw a boards jersey at WAR yesterday too....what a great day. Not sure I will ever walk again but enjoyed it....bring on the next one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Spotted DualFrontDiscs (DFD)* cruising down South Circular near James's and heading towards Rialto a wee bit ago.

That extracycle is a cool job and LONG! (bet if you go right around a roundabout you'll be able to see the back of it ahead of you :p

*DownFromDehospital

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Spotted DualFrontDiscs (DFD)* cruising down South Circular near James's and heading towards Rialto a wee bit ago.

That extracycle is a cool job and LONG! (bet if you go right around a roundabout you'll be able to see the back of it ahead of you :p

*DownFromDehospital

Spotted at last! I was beginning to suspect that this 'sightings' thread was an in joke that I wasn't in on! Admittedly, I don't have a jersey. I don't think it would 'go' with the bikes I ride. Not quite 'racey' enough.

It looks longer than it is. It's no more than 18" longer than a regular bike! And you really don't notice the extra length when cycling. Though curbs and speed bumps feel a bit strange.

DFD*

*DiscoveredFoundDelivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

A glut of boards jersey sightings for me over the weekend. Both jeffontour and Git101 doing the Wicklow Adventure Race on Saturday. Well done gents, hope your legs are in better shape than mine at the moment.

While heading in (or rather hobbling in) for lunch in Laragh on Sunday I met unionman sipping coffee outside the hippy cafe place. Good to see you're back on the bike, and getting in plenty of hills by the sounds of that route you had planned home.

Also spotted another in boards jersey and shorts outside the same cafe around 1pm, didn't recognise the face and didn't have a change to say hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

MadHatter wrote: »
    A glut of boards jersey sightings for me over the weekend. Both jeffontour and Git101 doing the Wicklow Adventure Race on Saturday. Well done gents, hope your legs are in better shape than mine at the moment.

Cheers MH, the auld legs are still a bit tired.
    Fairplay for introducing yourself. Don't think I would have been able to speak if I was travelling at the speed you were doing :eek:

Forgot to mention also met Briano at the finish.

MadHatter wrote: »
    While heading in (or rather hobbling in) for lunch in Laragh on Sunday I met unionman sipping coffee outside the hippy cafe place. Good to see you're back on the bike, and getting in plenty of hills by the sounds of that route you had planned home.

And nice to see you again too. The journey back was tough enough in spots but we stuck to the plan. Only upset was a puncture on the way back down from Bohernabreena. Terrible surface there at the moment. 102km for the day which was good after such a long spell off the bike. I can only hope to improve on my time before June 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Git101 wrote: »
    Cheers MH, the auld legs are still a bit tired.
    Fairplay for introducing yourself. Don't think I would have been able to speak if I was travelling at the speed you were doing :eek:

Hope you boys are holding up well. I was pretty knackered Saturday evening and am still well tired today. Tonight is a rest day methinks!

Good chatting briefly with you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Todays sightings

Twas me all right. I kinda like the ring of jakeontour though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement