Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

I'm just after moving into a new apartment and I have to set up my TV+Broadband.
    Am I correct in thinking that the Carphone Warehouse deal is probably better?
    The Groupon offer still appears to be a pretty good but the '6 months free Broadband' option is a bit misleading, and that was what was really attracting me. It's 6 months of 'just' their line rental fee @ €30 for 6 months, and then €40 per month thereafter.
    I'm thinking the Carphone Warehouse of €15 a month for variety + HD included 12 months is quite appealing, I'll shop around elsewhere for my broadband (I assume you can't avail of the 6 months broadband offer in conjunction with the carphone warehouse deal).
    Would appreciate a heads up if anyone has any helpful suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I wonder could the Groupon deal also be used in conjunction with the refer a friend deal for €50??

In the voucher details it says it's valid for the variety package... I have no need for sports and movies... coupon is very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

You don't have to take sports and/or movies. You can just take the variety package.

I bought the deal, but rang UPC today to cancel and they halved my bill, agreed to give me the old DVR box for free and get rid of this horizon piece of ****, and waived the moving house and installation fee for when I move in a couple of weeks. €9e well spent I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

maximoose wrote: »
    You don't have to take sports and/or movies. You can just take the variety package.

have you got it? post 87 says otherwise

Ah. Just saw that.

If that is the case, deal is very misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can somebody please outline how much in total it will cost me per month to have Sky Sports and Variety with this offer?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Anyone?

€36

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

kooga wrote: »
    €36

Excellent, thanks.

Actually, reading the groupon page again I don't think it is misleading... I just misunderstood - it says it's for "a 12-month half-price subscription to Sky TV Variety Pack, Sky Sports and Sky Movies"

So it's all three, no picking and choosing. Or has anyone managed to only order the variety pack?

Actually, reading the groupon page again I don't think it is misleading... I just misunderstood - it says it's for "a 12-month half-price subscription to Sky TV Variety Pack, Sky Sports and Sky Movies"

So it's all three, no picking and choosing. Or has anyone managed to only order the variety pack?

no i don't think you can variety on its own you must take it with sports or movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ah. Just saw that.

If that is the case, deal is very misleading.

Extremely misleading .

Sky Movies is absolute rubbish these days too ,it was vastly superior 5 years ago .
    Netflix is a much better option.

Yet again massive confusion with a sky offer surprise surprise. Some peeps saying that you have to go for other packages on top of variety and others saying you only need to buy variety. I guess its that old scenario, depends who you get on the other end of the phone. No consistency with Sky whatsoever...

the carphone warehouse deal on the other thread is much clearer and better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

So there's potential for them to require you to take movies and sports? I'll go for it if it's variety and sports, but not if I've to take the movies as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i suppose more need to clarify what it's actually covering

me i take the original & sky sports 1 - sky sports 5 is free - so that'd cover all the football, + HD
    i think that's 28 + 21 + 15 @ full price. 32 half
    & i wouldn't mind the new install either for the extra cables (possibly in another room) :pac:

though if you need to take variety & movies +- sports @ 32/36/40.5 with no HD wouldn't really be worth it for me on the 1 year contract,
    sky would probably give you a slightly better offer to come back

though i'm not even sure i'll get it back tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

You can just ring them up directly @ 0818 719819 and avoid Groupon. Variety + Sports + HD = €32

They are pretty flexible from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

groom wrote: »
    You can just ring them up directly @ 0818 719819 and avoid Groupon. Variety + Sports + HD = €32

That's a good deal, might try that.

Ok just got off the phone and they will not honour a variety package by itself, only with sports or movies, they are blaming groupon for the error so I will mail them and try and get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

All,

Re carphone warehouse, probably stupid question, but do I just walk into a store and ask about a sky offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I went into CPW today and asked about the offer. He said I could get the Variety pack + Sports + HD for €43, and that comes with the free tablet (which is valued at €100 according to him). I was in a hurry, so didn't get to ask what the exact details of the deal was (like the cost of Variety on it's own).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Silly question time. Do you have to get a sat dish in if getting sky? Don't think it is allowed at my apartment.
    Will use the info though to try and reduce UPC. Keep getting calls from them trying to upgrade, explain I want to pay less and they come back with an upgrade that costs 6e more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Silly question time. Do you have to get a sat dish in if getting sky? Don't think it is allowed at my apartment.
    Will use the info though to try and reduce UPC. Keep getting calls from them trying to upgrade, explain I want to pay less and they come back with an upgrade that costs 6e more.

Yeah a dish is required to receive sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I used the UK version of this deal a few months ago to get sky when I moved to my new house. The deal was pretty much as advertised, any package half price (I took everything other than movies) and full price for the HD add on (about £5 a month). It was free installation and they had it up and running in less than a week. The £9 Groupon fee came off the first bill and they were throwing in a £25 M&S voucher as well - which I still haven't used. So basically if you want cheap Sky for a year, go for it.

ispini1984 wrote: »
    All,

Re carphone warehouse, probably stupid question, but do I just walk into a store and ask about a sky offer?

yep.

Benzino wrote: »
    I went into CPW today and asked about the offer. He said I could get the Variety pack + Sports + HD for €43, and that comes with the free tablet (which is valued at €100 according to him). I was in a hurry, so didn't get to ask what the exact details of the deal was (like the cost of Variety on it's own).

thats incorrect pricing

Variety and HD €15
    sky sports is an extra €18

The full package - variety, hd, sports and movies is €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You sound surprised even though you are talking about UPC? ;)

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You sound surprised even though you are talking about UPC? ;)

best of luck, i tried to get my parents mmds package reduced yesterday. No budging. sent off the email to resolutionteam@upc.ie giving the 30 day notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

kooga wrote: »
    best of luck, i tried to get my parents mmds package reduced yesterday. No budging. sent off the email to resolutionteam@upc.ie giving the 30 day notice.

By all accounts they seem to be winding down MMDS, plus the license is up in 2016.
    So little incentive to keep customers on it really.

Kensington wrote: »
    By all accounts they seem to be winding down MMDS, plus the license is up in 2016.
    So little incentive to keep customers on it really.

true, it would be different if we were potential phone and broadband customers as well.

going to get them the carphone warehouse sky deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

groom wrote: »

This is what I want - How did you avail of this ? Meaning did you take out broadband as well ?

Advertisement