Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Answered for multiroom but is it the same for a new installation?

Ah, sorry, I believe it is the same, it hasn't been mandatory for a while but they used to charge €37.50 if you didn't have a phoneline.

However I just quickly ran up on order on the sky website and clicked "No phone line" and it didn't charge.

And I ordered the groupon deal over the phone last night and they made no mention of whether or not I had a phoneline...

So I guess you're ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Kensington wrote: »
    Ah, sorry, I believe it is the same, it hasn't been mandatory for a while but they used to charge €37.50 if you didn't have a phoneline.

However I just quickly ran up on order on the sky website and clicked "No phone line" and it didn't charge.

And I ordered the groupon deal over the phone last night and they made no mention of whether or not I had a phoneline...

So I guess you're ok :)

Cheers we'll give it a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Can anyone help, I am trying to compare prices for sky, I have horizon and a second tv box, broadband and phone line. How much would this cost with Sky?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I assume this is for any county in Ireland not just Dublin?? Ordered anyway cheers op I'll get the sports and base package do grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

So this offer is only for the additional packages - is that right - the orignal stations aren't included in the price?

So as an example: €28 (original) + €18 (sky sports) + €30 line rental if getting broadband = €74 in total? Is that right from anyone who has already ordered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

So this offer is only for the additional packages - is that right - the orignal stations aren't included in the price?

So as an example: €28 (original) + €18 (sky sports) + €30 line rental if getting broadband = €74 in total? Is that right from anyone who has already ordered?

It's €18 for the variety pack which is the original. So general package plus sports = €36

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

No it says the variety pack is half price. So normally 36 but you get for 18. Then add another 18 for sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

No, I think the variety bundle is your base package. It is next option up from the 'Original Bundle' and includes the same channels plus extras.

So your base subscription is the Variety bundle at €18 (originally €36)
    Then you have option of adding movies/sports at half price

..I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Right I'm getting confused then, would love to hear from someone who has used the voucher already to order and can confirm what they were charged??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Surely any existing customer can use this offer to get half price for 12 months?

Ring, ring.

"You're through to Sky. How can I help?"
    "Hi. I see Groupon are doing a half price for 12 months for new customers. Can I have my package reduced too please?"
    "No. That offer is only for new customers"
    "Oh right. So what you're telling me is instead of you reducing my price by 50%, what's gonna happen is....
    I cancel, get my wife to sign up as a new customer through Groupon, avail of the half price for 12 months, you send an engineer out to run 2 new length of coax from my dish to any room in my house and supply me with a new box?"
    "Oh right! 50% applied!".

QED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd imagine they have some T&C defining a 'new' customer that prevents that, I know UPC do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

The packages are The Original €28 Variety €36

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

do you have to take the new install, yeah?

anyone whos signed up, how long are the waiting times?

& does anyone know what kind of LNB is with sky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    do you have to take the new install, yeah?

anyone whos signed up, how long are the waiting times?

& does anyone know what kind of LNB is with sky

Used to be a twin, but I think the standard is a quattro now.

Soarer wrote: »
    Used to be a twin, but I think the standard is a quattro now.

the installer would connect/let you keep the existing cables wouldn't they

Bidd wrote: »
    What does this mean?

"From 30 September, ROI customers will require a Sky HD subscription to access Box Sets."

www dot sky dot com/ireland/

exactly what it says!

though in the main sky thread hear, people are saying they're getting free HD until april

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 499 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Just rang up and ordered this. Variety and sports for €36 a month and a €30 installation fee. No mention of having a phone line or anything and week long wait for engineer to install. Great deal, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Just rang up and ordered this. Variety and sports for €36 a month and a €30 installation fee. No mention of having a phone line or anything and week long wait for engineer to install. Great deal, thanks OP

Isn't the offer a free install?

Actually yeah it should be, so I'll be getting that back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Soarer wrote: »
    Surely any existing customer can use this offer to get half price for 12 months?

Ring, ring.

"You're through to Sky. How can I help?"
    "Hi. I see Groupon are doing a half price for 12 months for new customers. Can I have my package reduced too please?"
    "No. That offer is only for new customers"
    "Oh right. So what you're telling me is instead of you reducing my price by 50%, what's gonna happen is....
    I cancel, get my wife to sign up as a new customer through Groupon, avail of the half price for 12 months, you send an engineer out to run 2 new length of coax from my dish to any room in my house and supply me with a new box?"
    "Oh right! 50% applied!".

QED.

There is probably a cancellation fee, though you could still save money.

• Advertisement

brophs wrote: »
    Isn't the offer a free install?

€30 install in the T&Cs, however some posters here have got free install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

kooga wrote: »
    €30 install in the T&Cs, however some posters here have got free install.

Hmm, but it says "Free Sky+HD box and free installation"

Rang back and girl said I was dead right and it is free installation so just credited my account.

Benzino wrote: »
    Hmm, but it says "Free Sky+HD box and free installation"

apologies guys got mixed up with there be so many sky offers at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Can someone outline what I have to do if I already have sky but want to avail of this offer?

Ring up, cancel sky, wait till the end of the month call back with different name in the house, say you just moved in and want the offer?

Then I can just take down the dish and hide the box and have them bring me new stuff and install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

This is actually misleading - you need a base bundle + 18 euro. So for variety + movies the cost was 36 and added sports for 4.50 extra = 40.50/month for the lot.

I took it, but there was no 18 euro monthly deal for variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can somebody please outline how much in total it will cost me per month to have Sky Sports and Variety with this offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

This post has been deleted.

ok thanks - does that mean you cant get Sky broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

The Variety Bundle: €18 per month; normally €36
    Movies Package: €14 per month; normally €28
    Sports Package: €18 per month; normally €36

Option to include HD Pack for €7.50 for 12 months

I assume the HD pack should be €7.50 per month for 12 months!

So Variety pack + Sky Sports only would be €36 per month
    and the same with HD €43.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

I wonder could the Groupon deal also be used in conjunction with the refer a friend deal for €50??

Advertisement