Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm having a particularly unclever day today. :o

We all have them, don't worry - I said good morning to two people today when greeting them, one at 1.30pm and the other at 3.45pm :o Not awake at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I would feel really stupid going to the gardaí about that. It's just a text. There would be no point. I'll just play it by ear.

Nope, not stupid at all, my Dad went to the guards over some texts last year, better to do that and have them know about it in the unfortunate event that something does happen, shows you were scared enough to be worried. Guards are nice about things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I would feel really stupid going to the gardaí about that. It's just a text. There would be no point. I'll just play it by ear.

If you were to go to the Gardaí, it wouldn't have to be a full-on accusation or whatever. It could just be to make them aware that there could be a potential problem down the line, or if someone else has reported similar issues with the same guy, that they'd know about it and be able to do more about it if/when necessary.

I know it seems trivial enough because it's 'just' a text, and I'm not trying to make you think it's more serious than it is, it quite possibly isn't serious at all. But it's not so much the fact that it's a text, but the intent behind it, that's what the Gardaí would be interested in. So if it continues, don't feel stupid about going to them, they won't think you're stupid at all.

Hopefully you'll have no more hassle from him though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Nope, not stupid at all, my Dad went to the guards over some texts last year, better to do that and have them know about it in the unfortunate event that something does happen, shows you were scared enough to be worried. Guards are nice about things like that.

Actually you've just reminded me that I went to them about some random horrible phone calls I was getting about 4 or 5 years ago and I was really glad I did. They stopped after a couple of weeks, whoever it was just must have got bored when I didn't answer. They were scary though because they knew my name and said some vulgar things about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My iPod won't work. :(

Thought the battery went too low so plugged it in and not a kick out of it.

Just great. :mad:

EDIT: Seems to be working OK now, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Relaxing infront of the fire with Mr. Boyfriend, happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Relaxing infront of the fire with Mr. Boyfriend, happy days :D

I will never get bored of hearing about Mr. Boyfriend. Seriously. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Feeling depressed over being overweight. My body says have another skinny mocha but my mind says that it'll just repeat the cycle. Urgh.
    If only I lived in England. You can get gastric bypass surgery on the NHS, right? Seriously. After about 15 years spent yo-yoing, trying every ****ing diet and weight loss class under the sun, it looks like my only option.

Someone give me €15,000 please. *lesigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Novella wrote: »
    I will never get bored of hearing about Mr. Boyfriend. Seriously. :)
    Just read this and have a huge smile on my face, I think Mr.Boyfriend thinks I am losing the plot ...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Back from my first kickboxing lesson. I loved it, kicking and boxing and weight lifting, i think a year of this and i will be fit as a fiddle. Goona pay for it in the morning can feel my muscles burning, pushed my self so hard i nearly fainted after kicking the c**p out of a punch bag.

My daughter loved it too, think she is going to cut down on horse riding lessons so she can do it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Just read this and have a huge smile on my face, I think Mr.Boyfriend thinks I am losing the plot ...... :D

Ellieh I agree with Novella, ye make me feel all warm and fuzzy :) I love watching love stories and people's lives develop, fascinates me.

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Great, now I want ice cream, thanks Novella :P

Unfortunately I can't, f**king difene has my stomach in bits :/

Your supposed to take it on a full tummy, my husband gets a bad tummy from too much difene (for gout) .

McChubbin wrote: »
    Feeling depressed over being overweight. My body says have another skinny mocha but my mind says that it'll just repeat the cycle. Urgh.
    If only I lived in England. You can get gastric bypass surgery on the NHS, right? Seriously. After about 15 years spent yo-yoing, trying every ****ing diet and weight loss class under the sun, it looks like my only option.

*Hugs*

There is a lot of talk about weight loss at the moment, Im one of them i never thought i would lose weight. Never. It took an illness to push start me and once i started i havent stopped. Its not the same for everyone, its bloody hard..

It helps to talk about it though, spilling it on here will help... ;)

My brother has my laptop. Again. *sigh* The sooner the better his own is bloody fixed. I was gone to the shop for 5 minutes to get milk, had Facebook and Boards logged in and when I came back he had just taken it. :mad:

McChubbin wrote: »

God no you don't want bariatric surgery :eek:

I'm in the same boat though, tbh. The motivation to lose weight is lacking. Even though I *know* I'd be so much happier. It's the doing it that seems so difficult :( Really have to get my act together this summer.

WesternNight you just described me to a tee. I know I need to do it, I'd be so much happier if I did but I just don't have the motivation to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My brother has my laptop. Again. *sigh* The sooner the better his own is bloody fixed. I was gone to the shop for 5 minutes to get milk, had Facebook and Boards logged in and when I came back he had just taken it. :mad:
    Take it back from him! He should have asked your permission.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Take it back from him! He should have asked your permission.
    +1.

When I don't want someone using my laptop I turn off the guest account and have a password on my own account so I 'lock' my computer and no one can use it without my password.

I'm taking it back soon. I dunno wtf he did to his own one. This is the second time it's been broken. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

God no you don't want bariatric surgery :eek:

I'm in the same boat though, tbh. The motivation to lose weight is lacking. Even though I *know* I'd be so much happier. It's the doing it that seems so difficult :( Really have to get my act together this summer.

I'm the same atm - have no football training that I would normally be going to and I've no motivation to lose weight. I'm eating absolute rubbish all the time because of being in such a rush getting to college, and now I'm happier reaching for crap food rather than good food.

If I could take the great advice I give to people about losing weight and increasing their daily activity level, I'd be as fit as a fiddle.

If I could take the great advice I give to people about losing weight and increasing their daily activity level, I'd be as fit as a fiddle.

Ah yeah, same as that. I'm terrible for taking my own advice, it's ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i finished my last ever essay as an undergrad today! relief is not the word to describe how i feel!! :D

yay!!!

just have exams and thesis to do! not going to be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Finished work for the night and have the next five days off. Going away for the wkend to see old mates from college, can't wait! :D

On the downside, I might not have any clothes to wear. Put the washing machine on earlier and it was making noises like there are rocks in the motor. :confused: Turned it off and forgot about it, but now I need to rescue the clothes in there and see if it'll start working properly again. Hopefully there's just a stray sock stuck somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

This weather :mad: Last Tuesday I cycled home in shorts and a t shirt. Today I had to wear long leggings, bring spare socks, and got bombarded with hailstones and gale force winds! At one point the wind was so strong I'm fairly sure I was just pedaling on the spot.

I guess I was a bit too eager when I threw ALL of my winter clothes to the back of the wardrobe last week. I had to fish them all out again today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I won a hamper from a health shop, (it has bars of chocolate and a bottle of wine:p other things in there too) I had a great day with my granny, she bought me a shank of lamb (well gave me money to go out and buy it) and I made beef tallow the jar is on my counter cooling. I'm quite happy with today.

• Advertisement

My mood seems to be improving, thankfully. I hate being in a bad mood and feeling really crap.

Going to have some mushoom soup soon and maybe some ice cream after.

Downloading the Big Bang Theory, well the first series anyway, might watch it tonight before going bed :)

I put a big paper bag on the ground, one cat is in it the others are testing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I don't think I have ever swatched that much nailpolish in my life in one day and I still have plenty more to go! Can't complain though because I'm having lots of fun!

Sneaky icecream and a few tortillas now nom!

Heading to bed before I fall asleep in the recliner! Body is sore and wrecked, been squirming in the chair like an idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Despite my bf telling me on a weekly basis to stop overfilling the washing machine, the cause of the problem was - surprise, surprise - I had shoved a load of towels in there and the drum couldn't turn coz they were too heavy :o
    All cleaned out and running perfectly again (with only a half-load in :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Orla K wrote: »
    I put a big paper bag on the ground, one cat is in it the others are testing it

give em a box and watch all their birthdays come at once.

Despite my bf telling me on a weekly basis to stop overfilling the washing machine, the cause of the problem was - surprise, surprise - I had shoved a load of towels in there and the drum couldn't turn coz they were too heavy :o
    All cleaned out and running perfectly again (with only a half-load in :D)

At least it was an easy fix!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

It's sooo cold in my apartment. I fell asleep under a blanket on the couch and woke up with one cat sleeping on my feet, and the other on my tummy with his head on my chest. I guess they were warming up too :)

Braved the outside to get chinese food, watching 30 Rock back on the couch.

I'm not going out there again!

krudler wrote: »

All of them are fast asleep now (or at least pretending).

Watching supersize vs superskinny wtf happened to the food tube that was the best part!
    Also hate the meat and fat is why your fat:rolleyes:

Mushroom soup and white bread. Utterly scrumptious.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm going to Kettlebell bootcamp in the morning. Bootcamp always scares me since the time my boobs popped out of my bra during jumping jacks. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Rufus Wainwright is going to be playing Dublin in July and I can't go. But I went to listen again to a couple of albums, and forgot totally how one of the songs (Dinner at Eight) seems to gut me whenever I hear it. *sniff*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

krudler wrote: »
    My cat adores cardboard boxes! The second he sees one he's in it or trying to get into it.
    He used to chew the edges of cardboard boxes, so there's a load of old Christmas decorations in half eaten cardboard boxes!
    Really must do an Ikea run and get some decent storage! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I'm a third of the way through a night shift and absolutely crippled with period pain. I've taken paracetemol and ibuprofen a few hours apart and they haven't made the slightest dent in it. I feel like my lower back is broken- thats almost worse than the stomach pain itself. I'm have to sit on an office chair and I can't get comfortable at all:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Rufus Wainwright is going to be playing Dublin in July and I can't go. But I went to listen again to a couple of albums, and forgot totally how one of the songs (Dinner at Eight) seems to gut me whenever I hear it. *sniff*

Everyone has stuff like that!! <3

• Advertisement

Semele wrote: »
    I'm a third of the way through a night shift and absolutely crippled with period pain. I've taken paracetemol and ibuprofen a few hours apart and they haven't made the slightest dent in it. I feel like my lower back is broken- thats almost worse than the stomach pain itself. I'm have to sit on an office chair and I can't get comfortable at all:(

If you can get any Solpadeine, take two. They are the best painkillers, well they are the only ones that will work for me. :o

Just had some ice cream in wafers. So simple, but so delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    My cat adores cardboard boxes! The second he sees one he's in it or trying to get into it.
    He used to chew the edges of cardboard boxes, so there's a load of old Christmas decorations in half eaten cardboard boxes!
    Really must do an Ikea run and get some decent storage! :o

boxes: Disneyworld for cats

Muffin, glad to read you're feeling better. And I now want ice-cream in wafers as well. :D

My poor bf hurt his back at football lastnight.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Everyone has stuff like that!! <3

That's true.. The song Hesitate by Stone Sour really gets to me sometimes, one time it made me cry when I was waiting for a train. People must have been saying "Who's the weirdo walking down the platform crying?!" Gone Too Soon by Daughtry and In Loving Memory by Alter Bridge do it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    That's true.. The song Hesitate by Stone Sour really gets to me sometimes, one time it made me cry when I was waiting for a train. People must have been saying "Who's the weirdo walking down the platform crying?!" Gone Too Soon by Daughtry and In Loving Memory by Alter Bridge do it too.

Parachute VA - She is love always makes me cry! And I'm sure there's more :o

Went to see The Hunger Games tonight with boy :D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Parachute VA - She is love always makes me cry! And I'm sure there's more :o

I clicked your link. I like that song. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I'm officially starving. Had a rank veggie juice with an apple thrown in to sweeten it for dinner but I then spent the evening watching the food channel and all salivated for most of it. Thinking about Sunday dinner is keeping my spirits up. My head is feeling nice though, and I had a cyst on my eye which has cleared up just about. Also not smoking as much the last few days, don't know why but just not inclined to want one which can only be a good thing. Think I want to hibernate and be away from people for the next few days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

just managed to scald my finger making tea, christ im a clumsy wagon at times:rolleyes:

I just did something similar.. Except mine was very very hot tap water. I wasn't paying attention while filling a bowl up to wash it and put my hand in it for a split second. Ouchie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

ouch. my fingers are like asbestos at this stage, when I burn them I forget about it until later when the blisters appear :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement