Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Kay's Car Share

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Episodes 5&6 of the last series being repeated on BBC1 tomorrow night (Monday) from 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bit of a average return.. though did enjoy the autotune video.

Elbow's Guy Garvey making an appearance was random.

The remaining episodes are up on BBC IPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

It's a car not a coaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Still have to make sure to look out for the fake ads and signs. Shaun Ryder Rehab Centre.

mailforkev wrote: »
    Still have to make sure to look out for the fake ads and signs. Shaun Ryder Rehab Centre.
    Miner Celebrities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Bit of a slow start, didn't like her not being in the car. I had a bif smile on my face for the last 10 minutes or so. Loved the S club 7 bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Great comedy.
    The man has funny bones!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Fantastic episode

Repeated tomorrow (Weds) on BBC1 NI at 10:45pm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I absolutely did not recognise Smurfette until the credits rolled. Incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Watched the lot there tonight.
    Second episode has some very funny moments with another character, while the third episode 'jumps the shark' somewhat and probably indicates that they can't do much more with the writing of the show. After the last episode, it's fairly nailed on that we get a Christmas special to wrap things up.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Watched the lot there tonight.
    Second episode has some very funny moments with another character, while the third episode 'jumps the shark' somewhat and probably indicates that they can't do much more with the writing of the show. After the last episode, it's fairly nailed on that we get a Christmas special to wrap things up.
    The third episode veered into real
    silly territory, but the bits with the monkey just about worked because it was the first real exposure into real goofy comedy that the show had done!

As for the ending..
    John said "he's done" and I believe it.. that's the end of it! Not a definite or conclusive ending but somewhat enjoyed the bravery of not using a "cliched Hollywood ending" (a la Dirty Dancing)

Decent but not a patch on the first series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I absolutely did not recognise Smurfette until the credits rolled. Incredible!

Who?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Who?
    Vaerys from GoT

Edit: thought they had aired them all in one go!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Who?

It's from an episode that hasn't aired on TV yet, in case that's what you meant by "who?", rather than who the actor was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Watched all four episodes of season 2 this evening. Fantastic stuff. There has to be a Christmas special.

Watched all four episodes of season 2 this evening. Fantastic stuff. There has to be a Christmas special.

They said last year they couldn't do a Christmas special because of how they shoot, they need long hours of daylight or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

They said last year they couldn't do a Christmas special because of how they shoot, they need long hours of daylight or something.
    All that talk about adding her to his Christmas team though? Had to be setting something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Missed the first episode, the BBC confused me by showing series 1 and then going straight into series 2 with barely a breath drawn.

Missed the first episode, the BBC confused me by showing series 1 and then going straight into series 2 with barely a breath drawn.
    To be fair, series 1 was a repeat..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A know! So I didn't watch that again. Which is why I missed part 1 of series 2. I hadn't realised....they should have waited a week for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Jaysus, only copped on tonight that it was Conleth Hill (Varys from GoT) in the second episode. I thought he was fantastic in the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Monkey episode was classic!

Funny sign - 'Dog with two cocks' pub - think it was 2nd episode. As said you gotta be quick to spot them...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Wow, tonights episode is terrible. This smurf character made me turn it off. Ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wow, tonights episode is terrible. This smurf character made me turn it off. Ruined it.

Didn't enjoy that either, poor.
    Reminded me of May McFettridge type humour, which is a poor version of Mrs Brown (if thats possible).

Weakest episode of the show by far, but next week is better!

Didn't like Smurfette?..

giphy.gif

Disagree with the above. I found Smurfette hilarious, reminded me of my auntie.

May McFettridge... That's the irritating twat I was trying to think of. Didn't even smile at it tonight. Best part was the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Gonna watch ep 3+4 now myself

See how it ends

• Advertisement

I just realised the fact that they filmed most of that episode at night is the solution to the problem of not being able to film a Christmas special.

The reason they gave was they needed the long hours of daylight to film the commutes and filming in the winter would be too difficult.

So just set it at night on the staff Christmas night out! Problem solved.

Advertisement