Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Q & A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hmm . . have you used the stadium calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

no.. i downloaded n awful complicated one n gave up on it.. went with ratios sum guy used on BRIreland forums , seems to have worked ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

TheJims wrote: »
    Match Revenue: 123,820
    Match Expences: 103,420

Profit of 20,400 a match, What i just noticed is 20K a week is going to a level 3 Youth Training Facility! is that overkill ??

Should i cut out some of my Junior squad funding/coaches/facilities???
    Sounds like your stadium is either too big or totally overstaffed. AFAIR the initial stadium makes about 60k per game when it fills (which it should). What's your capacity and what are your normal attendances like?

Sounds like your stadium is either too big or totally overstaffed. AFAIR the initial stadium makes about 60k per game when it fills (which it should). What's your capacity and what are your normal attendances like?

Had my last home game the weekend just gone,

Expenses: 113,143
    Revenue: 162,707

Standing: 978
    Uncovered: 1,774
    Covered: 1,326
    Members: 358
    Corporate: 45

Total: 4,481

Seems decent! just under 50G profit. completely differant then my previous 2 matches.

what stadium calculator is the easiest to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I just read that you should probably pick a defensive style when you begin, and then stick with it to develop that style. I have been playing man-on-man and rush and have impressive and satisfactory levels in these now, if I play more of the style that is impressive will it get any better, and if not wouldn't I be better off getting good at all 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Zagato wrote: »
    I just read that you should probably pick a defensive style when you begin, and then stick with it to develop that style. I have been playing man-on-man and rush and have impressive and satisfactory levels in these now, if I play more of the style that is impressive will it get any better, and if not wouldn't I be better off getting good at all 3?

impressive is as high as it goes. you can't get all 3 to a very good standard as you play one the other two fall.

I keep one of mine impressive and the other decent that's as good as i can do and give you a good choice for each opposition. trying to get three defeats the purpose as you are picking the defence level to stop it dropping and not what suits the opposition style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I normally manage to keep two on impressive fairly easily

MarVeL wrote: »
    I normally manage to keep two on impressive fairly easily

Did you get them up prior to them changing the defense?

also if you change a lot your team then defense takes a hit..i'm always changing mine

When did they change the defense?

IIRC I switched over from trying to keep all three going to running with just 2 and I would have 2 separate 15s most of the time

• Advertisement

MarVeL wrote: »
    When did they change the defense?

IIRC I switched over from trying to keep all three going to running with just 2 and I would have 2 separate 15s most of the time

Mid season I think? might have been start of the season. basically there was an error in the code that once you got to impressive your defence level will not lower. if you had impressive in the two ratings it is hard to lose them, but to now achieve them is harder as the impressive will start falling after a while.:(

Wow missed that one! Glad I'd got them both up there before this kicked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

What sort of contentment hit does one take when relegated?

Currently sitting on 50 waiting to be relegated from Div 2.

Any idea what it will drop to?

On a side note, the excitement of getting a whole new 7 teams to play is disturbingly, well....... exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

when do we get our new league fixtures?

Monday is the first day of the new season i think? so i guess then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They'll start being generated sunday afternoon/evening sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'm really interested to see where i end up! Hopefully will have a few boardsies to play against!

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm really interested to see where i end up! Hopefully will have a few boardsies to play against!

Should be really interesting alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

crisco10 wrote: »
    Should be really interesting alright!

Assuming that no Irish managers leave, or foreign managers join Ireland, your group will be like this :-

Men who Stare
    Monkstown
    Bandon
    Fingal Falcons
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder
    Cannon Fodder

So if one of my players is injured for more than a week, as has just happened, should I cancel all his individual training sessions for the week and reassign them to others?

Injured players can still receive the full benefit from weekly training.

Quote from Blackout Documents, Pretty sure he's ok for training!

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    So if one of my players is injured for more than a week, as has just happened, should I cancel all his individual training sessions for the week and reassign them to others?
    Quote from Blackout Documents, Pretty sure he's ok for training!

yup thejims has it right here - training will continue as normal. injuries have no impact on training anymore.

Another question I would probably know answer to if I read the documents, but, do players lose skill after a certain age - what age?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

Hi Zagato,
    players can start to lose age from any time from 30-35 years old. You'll notice a minus figure for their CSR and they will start to drop skills level in the same way that they pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Is it just me or did they make a change to injuries so it was highly unlikely you'd get two injuries in the same position? Got both of my wingers injured in a match and it's severely cramping my style.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is it just me or did they make a change to injuries so it was highly unlikely you'd get two injuries in the same position? Got both of my wingers injured in a match and it's severely cramping my style.

Yeah, apparently that shouldn't happen. You should report it in the bugs lounge.

(Bugs Lounge always conjures up the image of gnats and mosquitoes sitting around, reading magazines and drinking tea :p)

bobarena wrote: »
    Yeah, apparently that shouldn't happen. You should report it in the bugs lounge.

(Bugs Lounge always conjures up the image of gnats and mosquitoes sitting around, reading magazines and drinking tea :p)

Ah, it was in a Thursday game, so doesn't have real world consequences, just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'll never see the bugs lounge as having a function again! I just pictured that image in my head :p

both wingers as in 11 and 14? my understanding was that the same position could not be injured twice, ie #11 cant be injured or #9 etc twice. but 11 and 14 could in one game?

eoferrall wrote: »
    both wingers as in 11 and 14? my understanding was that the same position could not be injured twice, ie #11 cant be injured or #9 etc twice. but 11 and 14 could in one game?

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Imagine if you lost both of your jumpers, or both of your props... screw city!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Imagine if you lost both of your jumpers, or both of your props... screw city!

yeah hopefully if going to happen to me then against a bot...or you!:D

haha!

• Advertisement

Been a while since I asked a noobie question!

So I'm currently in Div IV and n with the profits from my cup run I'm getting level 2 facility n trainers,

Question is! Should I save up for level 3 facilities n trainers, or would the expenses be to big for a Div IV team ? (I won't be goin Div iii for a few seasons!)

The more pressing factor is time rather than Div, Jims. The sponsorship goes up $20,000 a week every year played, I'd leave level 3s til next year myself. Also, when the cup run ends I'd offload some players and slim the squad down to 22 or thereabouts, you can save yourself 10k or more a week in wages that way.
    Also keep an eye on your crowds, if you're starting to get capacity crowds then expand the stadium. Rule of thumb is to have the capacity at around 8 times the membership, although someone else might have more accurate info.

Yeah ur right about waiting for more sponsors.... Even thou I say next season it'll all be for wage increase...

Regards stadium iv just over 600 members .. X8 so just under 5000 stadium, which is what were given starting off, havnt filled it yet, but usually getting 4800-4950 attendances... That's prob coz my contentment is high (75%) coz of cup run

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I've had to look into increasing my stadium this week as I am selling out every home game, and really need to increase the funds coming into the club on match days, as I am losing too much on the non home match weeks(I am still in the cup, I am just subtracting the revenue earned from the cup).

Going up to an approx 8,000 stadium now, hopefully I should be filling that as I have 900ish members.

Here' one example,
    I'm haemorraging (not a clue if I spelled that right!) cash at the moment, I have almost 1400 members, a 11,500 capacity stadium but "Cynical" fans, due to recent relegation and early cup exit. I am getting c. 7500 people for each home game, making $20k profit on them and my savings are being EATEN. I'm hopeful that their contentment will rise as the season goes on. But, it's worth remembering that when you get promoted, your fans may not appreciate being in the lower reaches of the Division they are in. You can expect the initially "Blissful" fans to be something more like "Charmed" after a few games. And that will probably happen, particularly since the Rebalance has effectively created a two-tier system within Division 3, so trying to break into the top 4 may take some time even when you get there.

Here' one example,
    I'm haemorraging (not a clue if I spelled that right!) cash at the moment, I have almost 1400 members, a 11,500 capacity stadium but "Cynical" fans, due to recent relegation and early cup exit. I am getting c. 7500 people for each home game, making $20k profit on them and my savings are being EATEN. I'm hopeful that their contentment will rise as the season goes on. But, it's worth remembering that when you get promoted, your fans may not appreciate being in the lower reaches of the Division they are in. You can expect the initially "Blissful" fans to be something more like "Charmed" after a few games. And that will probably happen, particularly since the Rebalance has effectively created a two-tier system within Division 3, so trying to break into the top 4 may take some time even when you get there.

Another thing that stung me (granted it was on being promoted to Div 2) was that my ranking points really improved in my season amongst the big boys. This means now that I am relegated, my high ranking means my contentment is killed by losing league games to apparently "inferior" teams. Also. my contentment doesn't increase much when I do win because I'm "expected" to win. Striggling financially as a result.

lost a cup game to Beltra there and my contentment dropped 25 points. sure it was an upset, but not that massive a one.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Another thing that stung me (granted it was on being promoted to Div 2) was that my ranking points really improved in my season amongst the big boys. This means now that I am relegated, my high ranking means my contentment is killed by losing league games to apparently "inferior" teams. Also. my contentment doesn't increase much when I do win because I'm "expected" to win. Striggling financially as a result.

lost a cup game to Beltra there and my contentment dropped 25 points. sure it was an upset, but not that massive a one.

Starting to think I will stay in Div III forever, nice cushy number!!:D

eoferrall wrote: »
    Starting to think I will stay in Div III forever, nice cushy number!!:D

You could be right mate, the devs will have to give a bigger incentive in terms of prize money or something in order to get people moving. I'm really not pushed about going back up to Division 2 anytime soon. And I had a very good season in Divison 2, won 7 games and finished with 36 points. Unfortuantely, Dave Harnett's Bogwarriors were beat me in injury time in the qualifier. Or should I say, fortunately ;)

I really enjoyed my season in Div 2. But was it worth it? in terms of IGT and player development definitely. Financially, it may not have been. My wage bill went up massively at the start of this season. On top of aforementioned contentment issues, it really is a struggle now.

That said, would do it again given the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Div II is a pain in the rear end. You have to work your rear off to even get out of the auto relegate spots and the lack of prize money kills you! I was dissapointed to auto promote because winning and staying in Div III is far more rewarding in team development than struggling in Div II with no cash. Div II is full of early adopters and it really is hard considering the re-balance to compete with teams where most players are 20K or 30K CSR greater.

The bottom 4 in all divisions will be fighting it out to stay above the auto relegate line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ah guys not this sandbagging argument again. if i go back to div 3 again i would think it to be a monumental step backwards. To be the best you gotta beat the best, your not gonna beat the best by hanging out in div 3. i would gladly struggle and battle it out tooth and nail in div 2 then be on easy street in div 3. Where the hell is yer competitive spirit!!!!!!

Ah guys not this sandbagging argument again. if i go back to div 3 again i would think it to be a monumental step backwards. To be the best you gotta beat the best, your not gonna beat the best by hanging out in div 3. i would gladly struggle and battle it out tooth and nail in div 2 then be on easy street in div 3. Where the hell is yer competitive spirit!!!!!!
    crisco10 wrote:
    That said, would do it again given the choice.

Would love to be back there, all my trouble has come SINCE being relegated. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Hi guys I'm new and have first game in less than an hour, what happens when it starts? I have my line up sorted and stuff but what happens when game starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

theboss80 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm new and have first game in less than an hour, what happens when it starts? I have my line up sorted and stuff but what happens when game starts?

Nothing, you can just sit back and watch... well read the game! There are no changes to be made to the game, it simply runs it course. Hope your first match goes well, it could be the start of a new addiction!

Thanks , is it realtime or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

theboss80 wrote: »
    Thanks , is it realtime or what?
    Yeah, game starts at 2.35 and takes the full 40 a side, so settle in, grab a few beers and be prepared for your life slipping away before your eyes!

Yeah, game starts at 2.35 and takes the full 40 a side, so settle in, grab a few beers and be prepared for your life slipping away before your eyes!

Oh jesus sweet, thank god the wife is away shopping so or id be strung up haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

All I am saying is that in the long run I think I could do more if I had an extra season in DivIII, it's not about competitive spirit but more about how I wanted to develop my team.

So just checking up on the guy I'm against Monday, he's got a 23 man squad, and as off now 15 of them are on between 5-30 energy levels, ie there all fecked. If he was to line out those 15 Monday what would happen??

I mean by halftime shouldn't the majority of em have NO energy left???

So just checking up on the guy I'm against Monday, he's got a 23 man squad, and as off now 15 of them are on between 5-30 energy levels, ie there all fecked. If he was to line out those 15 Monday what would happen??

I mean by halftime shouldn't the majority of em have NO energy left???

yeah they'll be knackered come halftime and you will have serious upperhand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement