Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Don't talk about silver seven's. Need a mini rant please...

WI tonight and was down -1.5lb, which is great! We had a stand in leader who said nothing to me, took my card and weighed me. I knew I only had to lose a pound to reach my first half stone since re-starting, it was my first mini goal.

Conversation went: Leader: You've lost a pound and a half
    Me: Oh great, so....
    Leader: Ye?
    Me: So how much is that in total
    Leader: One and a half pound?
    Me: Oh ok so 7.5 in total
    Leader: Do you think your due a silver seven then....
    Me: Eh yea!!!

I was so wanting to get it tonight and get that well done motivation and I just left after feeling deflated after having to ask for it :( Rant over, I've got to my first goal thats all that matters innit! Forget it, moving on....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Don't talk about silver seven's. Need a mini rant please...

WI tonight and was down -1.5lb, which is great! We had a stand in leader who said nothing to me, took my card and weighed me. I knew I only had to lose a pound to reach my first half stone since re-starting, it was my first mini goal.

Conversation went: Leader: You've lost a pound and a half
    Me: Oh great, so....
    Leader: Ye?
    Me: So how much is that in total
    Leader: One and a half pound?
    Me: Oh ok so 7.5 in total
    Leader: Do you think your due a silver seven then....
    Me: Eh yea!!!

I was so wanting to get it tonight and get that well done motivation and I just left after feeling deflated after having to ask for it :( Rant over, I've got to my first goal thats all that matters innit! Forget it, moving on....

Congrats on your first mini goal! the important thing is that You got there, I bet your usual leader will be delighted for you next week :)

Thanks Kareno :) See thats all you need to make you feel good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

MaggieMay2 wrote: »

MaggieMay2 - Silver 7's are so hugely important to get, my leader was a right wagon when it came to handing them out, my first half stone loss she never gave me one :( , but I made a point of asking her for it, and I'm so glad i did as it really spurred me on. I have my 5 Silver 7's stuck on a large magnet on my fridge and I'm so proud of each of them. There not the easiest things in the world to get so WE defo deserve them.

Haven't posted in ages but i'm reading constantly.. still continuing to maintain, well i'm 5lbs under my goal weight (yay me) I go to meetings about once a month so with meetings and this thread lets hope I maintain this weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Girls, maybe a bit of a personal question, but do any of you put on weight the week before your TOM? I don't think I've felt this bloated in months, I'm due to weigh-in tomorrow and if my scales are accurate (or lower than WW as usual) then I'm up the creek without a paddle. I was a bit bold at the weekend and went over weeklies by 7pp, been an angel ever since, and did a 10k walk yesterday and 5 hours on the bog today. Do ye think it's possible to put on 5-6lbs just because it's that time of the month? Or water retention? Been drinking 3-4L of water every day. I've only 0.5lbs to go to get my 5% and I was really looking forward to it this week. Gutted to be honest.

Weigh-in tomorrow evening (sigh). Sorry for bringing the mood down :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Girls, maybe a bit of a personal question, but do any of you put on weight the week before your TOM? I don't think I've felt this bloated in months, I'm due to weigh-in tomorrow and if my scales are accurate (or lower than WW as usual) then I'm up the creek without a paddle. I was a bit bold at the weekend and went over weeklies by 7pp, been an angel ever since, and did a 10k walk yesterday and 5 hours on the bog today. Do ye think it's possible to put on 5-6lbs just because it's that time of the month? Or water retention? Been drinking 3-4L of water every day. I've only 0.5lbs to go to get my 5% and I was really looking forward to it this week. Gutted to be honest.

The week before my totm I get really bloated and always get a tiny tiny loss!! It balances out though because you'll get a bigger loss next week, it balances out! Keep drinking the water and best of luck at your WI!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

If you look at my signature you can see how I did every week. Had TOTM last week, WI was a few days before, was up 0.5, 4 weeks previously was up 3, 4 weeks before that STS, 4 weeks before that I was up 1.5. Before that the pattern wasn't there, probably because I had more to lose, but it has become more noticeable as I get nearer to goal. All the weeks in between I had a loss, so TOTM is my only explanation.

Well I know I always put on weight before TOM, usually 3-4 pounds, it wrecks my head if ive been really good! Certain foods make me bloat out too so I avoid certain things around weigh in time!! It will all balance out by next week so even of u dont make the 5% this week I'm sure you will next week :)

newbee22 wrote: »
    The week before my totm I get really bloated and always get a tiny tiny loss!! It balances out though because you'll get a bigger loss next week, it balances out! Keep drinking the water and best of luck at your WI!!

Thanks Newbee, I will definitely keep drinking the water and keep up my walking this week!
    fofany wrote: »
    If you look at my signature you can see how I did every week. Had TOTM last week, WI was a few days before, was up 0.5, 4 weeks previously was up 3, 4 weeks before that STS, 4 weeks before that I was up 1.5. Before that the pattern wasn't there, probably because I had more to lose, but it has become more noticeable as I get nearer to goal. All the weeks in between I had a loss, so TOTM is my only explanation.

That's unreal. I only joined WW 4 weeks ago, so I actually probably weighed in the very first time at my TOM weight. It must be the reason, even feel massive, even though I know I've lost weight in the last 4 weeks. Very uncomfortable!
    Well I know I always put on weight before TOM, usually 3-4 pounds, it wrecks my head if ive been really good! Certain foods make me bloat out too so I avoid certain things around weigh in time!! It will all balance out by next week so even of u dont make the 5% this week I'm sure you will next week :)

Thanks Kareno, I personally think I could be up at least 5, but I suppose if it is TOM then I'll be able to plan for it next month and avoid the things I've been having this week (more carbs than usual, now that I look at my tracker) - may also explain why I could eat the walls this week!

Thanks a million for your replies, I don't know what I'd to without this thread. Cheers xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

Hi everyone. I just wanted to post something on this thread where everyone is really nice and supportive and non-judgemental :rolleyes:

I posted on the running / athletic forum asking for advice on what to eat before a run because I felt dizzy after my jog today. But I got an EDITED BY MODERATOR notice warning me not to post medical issues and to see my doctor and to read the forum charter before posting inappropriate questions :eek:

I was just asking for advice on what to eat a half hour before a run! I wasn't asking for a diagnosis over why I felt dizzy. I KNOW why - I didn't eat anything beforehand, that's all.

I'd been feeling really intimidated anyway for posting on that thread. Who am I kidding? I'm not an athlete. Everyone there is talking about their training logs and I posted something on the couch to 5k thread feeling really proud of myself and like I really belonged. I asked a few questions too but nobody responded. (That really sounds like a whine, but I don't care)

I'm feeling really stupid now. Like the fat kid in the corner of the playground trying to join in and pretending to be all nonchalant that everyone is laughing at me.

I just wanted some simple keep fit advice. I've lost 4 stone for God's sake and I run/jog 3 days a week so I thought I'd get SOME encouragement from them!

I feel that by writing this here it's like running home into my mother's arms crying that I was teased in school.

Can someone hug me back and say nice mammy things to me please? :(

newbee22 wrote: »

Same here - the week of my TOTM I usually stay the same or only go down a half. But like you, the week after I've always been down at least 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

NimmyZ wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I just wanted to post something on this thread where everyone is really nice and supportive and non-judgemental :rolleyes:

I posted on the running / athletic forum asking for advice on what to eat before a run because I felt dizzy after my jog today. But I got an EDITED BY MODERATOR notice warning me not to post medical issues and to see my doctor and to read the forum charter before posting inappropriate questions :eek:

I was just asking for advice on what to eat a half hour before a run! I wasn't asking for a diagnosis over why I felt dizzy. I KNOW why - I didn't eat anything beforehand, that's all.

I'd been feeling really intimidated anyway for posting on that thread. Who am I kidding? I'm not an athlete. Everyone there is talking about their training logs and I posted something on the couch to 5k thread feeling really proud of myself and like I really belonged. I asked a few questions too but nobody responded. (That really sounds like a whine, but I don't care)

I'm feeling really stupid now. Like the fat kid in the corner of the playground trying to join in and pretending to be all nonchalant that everyone is laughing at me.

I just wanted some simple keep fit advice. I've lost 4 stone for God's sake and I run/jog 3 days a week so I thought I'd get SOME encouragement from them!

I feel that by writing this here it's like running home into my mother's arms crying that I was teased in school.

our not a couch potato either tho!!!im always afraid to tell anyone i run,usually walk 2mile run 2 mile then walk 2 the last 2 mile,i usually just have a banana or apple before i go or if its my day off i'll have my breakfast and go about an hour later!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Up a pound tonight. Drank way too much at weekend so probably deserved it but still very disappointed;-(

givee wrote: »
    i usually just have a banana or apple before i go or if its my day off i'll have my breakfast and go about an hour later!

Thanks givee! I love bananas so I'll do that ;)

Boop22 wrote: »
    Up a pound tonight. Drank way too much at weekend so probably deserved it but still very disappointed;-(

I know it may be small comfort but at least you know why you gained. You know where you went over your points. One week I gained a pound too but I couldn't work out HOW. That was really tough because I felt really miserable and on the verge of giving up.
    Are you resolved to keeping going? Or is that awful feeling of 'why bother' taking hold? Only you can make that decision (I sound like Oprah now... :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

Thanks givee! I love bananas so I'll do that ;)
    your welcome!and i wouldnt worry about the other thread its probably full of those ppl you see out jogging by you without so much as one bead of sweat on their faces!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey .. just wondering does anyone know what page the recipe is for the cheese and tomato muffins are? I am assuming its a recipe from Lainey (Who I guess is away?) , I have searched and cant find it!
    They sound yum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I have my TOTM atm. I was dreading my WI this evening because according to my scales I was up 2lbs. At WI I was down 0.5 lb :) which I was delighted with as I never lose during TOTM so you may be surprised at WI tomorrow!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey .. just wondering does anyone know what page the recipe is for the cheese and tomato muffins are? I am assuming its a recipe from Lainey (Who I guess is away?) , I have searched and cant find it!
    They sound yum...

Here it is here. And yep it was Lainy who posted them and she's away this week :)

Cheese Muffin.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks Eabhabear! just realised I did make them before! god my brain is mush at the moment. I wasnt crazy about them, think it was the sundried tomatoes that I disliked. Might try them without them and see!

I know it may be small comfort but at least you know why you gained. You know where you went over your points. One week I gained a pound too but I couldn't work out HOW. That was really tough because I felt really miserable and on the verge of giving up.
    Are you resolved to keeping going? Or is that awful feeling of 'why bother' taking hold? Only you can make that decision (I sound like Oprah now... :p)

Thanks NimmyZ. It is only the 1st day of my 5th week and yeah I am getting a little fed up tbh. I worked really hard the week before last and was even better than my 1st 2 weeks and only lost half a pound:(
    And then this week, I was away for the weekend and drank loads but did make good food choices and was still up a pound. The 1st time I joind ww (about 8 years ago) I lost 2 stone and nearly got to goal. Needless to say it crept back on. Every other time ive joined since, i have only managed to lose half a stone and then hit a wall and end up quitting. I feel like this has happened me again this time:(
    I'll give it my best shot this week and see what happens. Going to up my exercise and cut down on salty snacks like popcorn and crisps.
    Only thing in my way is I am going to an Italian for dinner this evening and am absolutely DREADING it as don't know what best choices to make:mad:
    Lets hope I can get thru it and get a decent loss next week, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Only thing in my way is I am going to an Italian for dinner this evening and am absolutely DREADING it as don't know what best choices to make:mad:
    Lets hope I can get thru it and get a decent loss next week, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Most restaurants have their menu online so you can look up in advance and check out the ingredients they use to try and guestimate the points or they might even be good enough to list the nutritional value of meals. I am going to Milano's for lunch today and just did that exact thing. It only has calories listed but it gives you a rough idea. Your starter pack has some Italian dishes pointed to give you an idea of what are the better and worse choices on the menu. Good luck :)

Thanks NimmyZ. It is only the 1st day of my 5th week and yeah I am getting a little fed up tbh. I worked really hard the week before last and was even better than my 1st 2 weeks and only lost half a pound:(
    And then this week, I was away for the weekend and drank loads but did make good food choices and was still up a pound. The 1st time I joind ww (about 8 years ago) I lost 2 stone and nearly got to goal. Needless to say it crept back on. Every other time ive joined since, i have only managed to lose half a stone and then hit a wall and end up quitting. I feel like this has happened me again this time:(
    I'll give it my best shot this week and see what happens. Going to up my exercise and cut down on salty snacks like popcorn and crisps.

Hey I LOVE Italian food! It doesn't have to spell disaster. Any tomato based dishes are generally ok. I love penne arrabiata, spicy tomato sauce with chilli it's yum and not too high on points (15pp) I have the eat out guide so here's a list of pp :

Starters:
    Mussels 2pp
    Milanese minestrone 4pp
    Tomato bruschetta 6pp (my fave!)

Mains:
    Mushroom risotto 15pp
    Seafood risotto 16pp
    Lasagne 23pp
    Gnocchi with tomato sauce 13pp
    Rigatoni with meatballs 17pp
    Spaghetti alla carbonara 17pp
    Tagliatelle with mushrooms 17pp
    Spaghetti amatriciana 12pm

Sauces:
    Bolognese sauce 11pp
    Pesto 7pp
    Tomato 2pp

Avoid tiramisu at all costs ! 20pp! :)

Yum I'm hungry now! That's just some of the dishes if u want me to check anything in particular let me know.

Don't give up, you will get there it just takes time.

Thanks a million Kareno, that's a great help. They have penne ariabata on the menu so i mite go with that seeing as I now know the points value. It has chicken included so I will just add on an extra few points for that :) Thinking of skipping dessert and wine and just get starter and mains (Even though it a set 3 course with glass of wine included:rolleyes:). Thanks though, feeling a bit better now. Determined to lose this week:D

Thanks a million Kareno, that's a great help. They have penne ariabata on the menu so i mite go with that seeing as I now know the points value. It has chicken included so I will just add on an extra few points for that :) Thinking of skipping dessert and wine and just get starter and mains (Even though it a set 3 course with glass of wine included:rolleyes:). Thanks though, feeling a bit better now. Determined to lose this week:D

If its a cheaper option to have the 3 courses what I do is check the desserts, if there is fruit salad great, if not I order and give it someone else and ask for diet coke or sparkling water instead of wine..... There's always ways around things :D Then again sometimes I'll just have a really nice main instead of 3 courses for the same price. Just cos it's a special doesn't mean you have to go with it. I've just come back from Italy, was there for 2 weeks so I'm all Italian food full for a while but it's lovely, enjoy!

Hey NimmyZ here's an article that might be of help to you http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=6321&sc=128 it's about training and diet etc. Hope this helps, and don't mind that other lot!

Hey NimmyZ here's an article that might be of help to you http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=6321&sc=128 it's about training and diet etc. Hope this helps, and don't mind that other lot!

Oh , thank you so much Kareno! This is exactly what I wanted. That 'other lot' are more keen on keeping fit and gaining muscle rather than losing weight so their advice on what to eat may not be ideal for someone trying to lose weight primarily. This article is perfect because it's from a weight loss perspective. Thank you for locating it for me. You ROCK! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Weigh in today down 2 pounds yay :) got my 5% today as well, it was slow to get it but I'm very happy that I'm losing each week expect for one were I was up 2.5 but it was after a great weekend and its all gone now and 1.5 more

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

Well i had my WI last night and was up 2lb, being doing WW since Jan and it's like up one week down another and basically i'm nearly back to when i started. Had a chat with my leader and she's going to check my tracker next week so giving it another week to see where i'm going wrong.

Drink loads of water and use all my daily points and use most of my weekly points every week. Just so frustrating when you do a good week and people keep saying to me i've lost weight and doesn't reflect on the scales.

Have an under-active tyroid which doesn't help but didn't think it would be this hard to loose weight!! Really starting to get de-motivated!!:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hey foks, im back from cape clear! God it was so nice not having to cook for a few days. and omg...the walking....one day i walked for 4 hours up hill....jeeeeeeezus i was in agony afterwards...felt GREAT! the sweat was rolling off me!

how are ppl doing? im scared to look back at the posts i missed....i say there are dozens of them.

Hey Maoibh, I have boarderline thyroid, which is like all the symptoms of under active thyroid, but blood tests show meds wont do anything....i find it REALLY hard to lost weight...even on ww...i have to give it 200% to get results...which is exhausting...teedious and so annoying....so your not alone. I have found for me ww is the most realistic practical eating plan for me. its realistic, flexible, and its about self training too...it encourages you to make the right decisions instead of just telling you XYZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Hi everyone, been going to WW for nearly a month, starting weight 11.7, now 10.11, ww have my goal as 10 but personally i'm hoping for 9.5-9 Eventually as im small boned and I felt the best at that size. Can someone explain what the 5%/ 10% goal weight thing is about? I never heard mention of it in my meetings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 0.5lb at WI. Bit disappointed. Was quite good all week (and exercised 3 days, 5k walks) apart from a slip up last night when I had a meal out but still had 11 dailies and like 17 weeklies left so thought that would cover it. Got in a real "f*ck it" mood and when in Tesco, scoffed a donut :( Feeling a bit demotivated.

I suppose at least it is down but just feel like if I eat all my dailies and weeklies and exercise 3 times and only down 1/2lb, what am I gona be like the weeks I dont get a chance to exercise much/at all.

Hi everyone, been going to WW for nearly a month, starting weight 11.7, now 10.11, ww have my goal as 10 but personally i'm hoping for 9.5-9 Eventually as im small boned and I felt the best at that size. Can someone explain what the 5%/ 10% goal weight thing is about? I never heard mention of it in my meetings.

5% is 5% of your starting weight gone. And the same with you 10%. Well done on the weightloss so far, 10lb in a month is excellent.

Monife wrote: »

5% is 5% of your starting weight gone. And the same with you 10%. Well done on the weightloss so far, 10lb in a month is excellent.

Oh so it's kinda like goals along the way to the end goals? Cool idea. I was wondering what others do with their weekly allowance? Do ye use it mostly in emergencies or plan treats? I get nervous whenever I dip into them.

Monife wrote: »
    Down 0.5lb at WI. Bit disappointed. Was quite good all week (and exercised 3 days, 5k walks) apart from a slip up last night when I had a meal out but still had 11 dailies and like 17 weeklies left so thought that would cover it. Got in a real "f*ck it" mood and when in Tesco, scoffed a donut :( Feeling a bit demotivated.

I suppose at least it is down but just feel like if I eat all my dailies and weeklies and exercise 3 times and only down 1/2lb, what am I gona be like the weeks I dont get a chance to exercise much/at all.

You'll probably find you're down more next week, my leader talked about situations like your one this week before and that's what she finds can happen. Wow though it sounds like you're working hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jeans_vs_food

Hi all, this is my 1st post but Ive been reading for a while....

6weeks at WW now and -11.5lbs. but having a bad day, had my w.i this evening and i stayed the same. thing is i had a really good week. i was within my dailies and used my 49 for vodka (&diet drinks) Sat. night (didnt use all 49). I have exercised hard everyday and drank 2litres water everyday..... i have sts once before but could connect it with totm and with 'picking' that week. my week previous to this was good too (&didnt use any of the 49).

im just feeling totally demotivated right now.
    i hear people at meeting talking about chinese takeaways & going out every weekend and theyre losing.

my history is : w1 -3.5 , w2 -2.5, w3 -3.5, w4 sts (totm), w5 -2, and this week sts.
    any1 any words of wisdom?:confused: or experienced this?
    your stories and progress have been inspiring to read. will i ever wear jeans??!!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI this eve and STS, no great shock there, pizza on friday night and at a 50th birthday party on Saturday night, can't say I made totally great choices during the week and went over by a couple of points daily though I did exercise every day - don't think one can rely on eating the exercise points is the lesson learned this week! :o

Oh well onwards and extra vigilant this week though we have a 21st on saturday night, damn socialising!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Oh, poor you! Be proud of what you have accomplished and forget about those nitpickers.

I guess you solved your problem! I usually have a banana or a small yogurt before a run, and sometimes a bit of protein. I just read about a study recently that said it was important and that you definitely don't burn more fat by not eating ahead of a run in the morning.

Sarah

6weeks at WW now and -11.5lbs. but having a bad day, had my w.i this evening and i stayed the same. thing is i had a really good week. i was within my dailies and used my 49 for vodka (&diet drinks) Sat. night (didnt use all 49). I have exercised hard everyday and drank 2litres water everyday..... i have sts once before but could connect it with totm and with 'picking' that week. my week previous to this was good too (&didnt use any of the 49).

i hear people at meeting talking about chinese takeaways & going out every weekend and theyre losing.

my history is : w1 -3.5 , w2 -2.5, w3 -3.5, w4 sts (totm), w5 -2, and this week sts.
    your stories and progress have been inspiring to read. will i ever wear jeans??!!!!!!;)

Unfortunately it can happen! It will show up on the scales next week, our bodies sometimes take up to 2 weeks for exercise and good eating to register, it's kinda unpredictable sometimes. 11.5 pounds is excellent! Keep going and it will come off, it just takes time. :)

After all my paranoia and humming and hawing, I was down a pound tonight! I feel a bit embarrassed for making such a big deal of it yesterday but I just want to say thanks a million for all the support in this thread, it's as important as the weekly meeting for me, v much appreciated xxx

Starting Week 6 tomorrow 12lbs lighter than when I joined. Over the moon. :)

• Advertisement

Hi Jeans. First of all WELL DONE for getting to 12 pounds in 6 weeks. Look at you! That's 2 pounds a week average , which is way above the norm of 1 pound a week.

Secondly, don't compare yourself to what others' are losing. That's just not fair on you. This is your journey, your metabolism, your body type. There'll always be someone out there prettier, slimmer, cleverer than me but I don't dwell on it. There's a girl in my class who seems to get a sliver seven nearly every 2nd week and I have to sometimes stop myself from lunging at her and giving her a slap. Just because....well just because I'm not her!!

Thirdly, go back and look at your tracker. The fact is that if you keep to your daily ppoints and don't go over them

you

will

lose

weight

It's as simple as that. So, given the fact that you know you haven't gone way over your points this week, PLUS the fact that you exercised quite a bit, then there must be something wrong with your ppoint calculations and you are in fact eating more ppoints than you think. Please don't get me wrong, I am not scolding you or anything but if you're sticking to your ppoints and exercising but not losing weight then something is wrong with your calculations.

If you have a helpful teacher bring your tracker to her, show her what you are eating and see if she (or he) can find any 'hidden' unallocated points.

Lastly, please don't give up. I get the feeling you are a hair's breath away from packing it in. Please give it another go and go back to your week 1 books. Recalculate the food items that you may know off by heart just to be doubly sure. Good luck, and I hope to see you here after next week's WI with good news! :D

I was wondering what others do with their weekly allowance? Do ye use it mostly in emergencies or plan treats? I get nervous whenever I dip into them.

My WI is a Friday at 1pm. My lunch after that is a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar (if I've lost or not). That night I always have chip sandwiches dipped in runny egg. There's my 49 ppoints, plus that day's 33 ppoints. A whopping 82 ppoints in one day!

So, Friday's are treat days for me where I have one big delicious guilt free meal. I've never been able to finish those treat meals but I always point them correctly (I even use real butter measured on a spoon so I point it right)

The remainder of the week I'm an angel. If I see something I want I think, Ohh I'll have that Friday instead of my chip sandwich. I'm not a big drinker so alcohol points are not a worry for me (maybe a glass of wine a month if at all) and I wouldn't be able to go with just an extra 7 ppoints a day each day as some people do.

I prefer to save them up and use them all in one glorious go. 7 months and 4 stone later this is still working for me

(can't wait for tomorrow night - I look forward to that more than the WI!)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Minus 3 yipee my terrible weeks are gone now a distant memory

I dont think this will be a brilliant week though as i turn FORTY on Monday have a feeling there will be extra food floating around...lol:):):)

Got my Iphone today(birthday prezzie) so i need to buy Iwatcher app

Is there an app for boards or do I just have to get it on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on the losses everyone delighted for ye all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

7 months and 4 stone later this is still working for me

That's fantastic - what a result. Obviously you are doing something right! Keep up the good work.
    aspie mum wrote: »

I dont think this will be a brilliant week though as i turn FORTY on Monday have a feeling there will be extra food floating around...lol:):):)

Great result & happy birthday for Monday. Remember that you are only 40 once (been there, done that), so enjoy yourself - occasions like that are what your weeklies are for.

Thanks Kareno.Carlow and NimmyZ :) !

wrote that post in a state of utter upset and disappointment & i must admit it did cross my mind to just jack it all in... but i WONT!!! i am determined and youre right ive done well so far, i havent put on any weight in 6weeks, which id swear has never happened before!!:P

im off work at the moment and while ive been doing intense exercise once a day the rest of my day is very sedantary...maybe thats not helping. not saying im gonna go crazy working out 9-5 but maybe move a bit more, housework, hanging out clothes, walk to shop that kinda thing....

NimmyZ im fairly confident im tracking correctly as i eat a lot of branded WW foods but im deffo gonna double check everything just to rule out any possible pp sabotage!!!!

and finally stop comparing myself to the others in the class. this is MY journey ill take the good with the bad. THANKS so much again for your responses, a much happier, positive Jeans x

• Advertisement

Thanks Kareno.Carlow and NimmyZ :) !

wrote that post in a state of utter upset and disappointment & i must admit it did cross my mind to just jack it all in... but i WONT!!! i am determined and youre right ive done well so far, i havent put on any weight in 6weeks, which id swear has never happened before!!:P

im off work at the moment and while ive been doing intense exercise once a day the rest of my day is very sedantary...maybe thats not helping. not saying im gonna go crazy working out 9-5 but maybe move a bit more, housework, hanging out clothes, walk to shop that kinda thing....

NimmyZ im fairly confident im tracking correctly as i eat a lot of branded WW foods but im deffo gonna double check everything just to rule out any possible pp sabotage!!!!

and finally stop comparing myself to the others in the class. this is MY journey ill take the good with the bad. THANKS so much again for your responses, a much happier, positive Jeans x

If you are eating the same kind of foods all the time, try changing it up this week. Your body can get used to the same food and sometimes it needs a shock to get the metabolism going again. If it's toast for breakfast, try fruit salad and yoghurt or salad for lunch, try incorporating a bit of pasta or protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

aspie mum wrote: »

Got my Iphone today(birthday prezzie) so i need to buy Iwatcher app

Is there an app for boards or do I just have to get it on the net

Welcome to the club! I just turned 40 last month (and my prezzie was an iPad :)! Celebrate it either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Joined last night ladies have a ton of weight to lose!! Think i'll find this new plan tricky because I have done ww before with th old points system so I may get that out of my head!

Best of luck girls and wish me luck too....I need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Hi guys,

Just wondering, can I change meetings straight away by just attending another one, or do I have to repay the joining fee or what?

one pound down on last wi. Really need to focus now, but everything is so tempting!

Thanks Monife.

seems i have the exercise / water drinking under control so gonna put extra focus on the food / tracking this week just to be sure. i track everything & keep to or just under my dailies. only use extra 49 maybe once a month for vodka! but something could be inaccurate or im calculating wrong.

i just keep reminding myself that someday when im at goal ill be able to help someone through a stumble because i got through it and succeeded!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement