Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Dammit! I'm going to be singing that all flippin' day now!

Mo, mo, moooooooo, Deliliahhhhhhhhh! (Deedle deedle deedle deedle deeee!)
    Cane faw, cane faw, cane fawwwwwww, Deliliah!

Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

had me chuckling with Delilah. You should hear it sung in Welsh by fanatical Welshmen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Deedle deedle deedle deedle deeee!

Yes, those deedly dees will getcha every time.

By way of seeking forgiveness for reviving Delilah, may I, most humbly, beseech yiz to have a little listen to this Welch chap. Note that his quota of fingers is equal to (not greater than) yours and mine. Also note that he is actually playing EVERY note himself, unaided, undubbed in later. Finally, although quite strange in appearance, HE BUILT THE INSTRUMENT HIMSELF!

When God was handing out talent, why was I indoors, watching Fireball XL5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTLkgImAdU

Well, isn't he the smarty-pants! Long hair, cool guitar-pickin' - what's not to like there! Ta very much Brenz, I'll give the link to himself who is also rather fond of the geet-tore!

(Regarding the deedles, I was afraid you were going to say I had them the wrong way round!)

BrensBenz wrote: »
    When God was handing out talent, why was I indoors, watching Fireball XL5?

Probably for the same reason I was. It was the second best space themed kids show on the telly. (The best was Space Patrol)

For those who don't remember it, it was a half hour program. Here is a 4 minute snippet to remind you:

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Well, isn't he the smarty-pants! Long hair, cool guitar-pickin' - what's not to like there! Ta very much Brenz, I'll give the link to himself who is also rather fond of the geet-tore!

Does Mr. Jellybaby have a preference for, say, electrical or wooden wood gittores - I have an encyclopedic knowledge, in a very large black book, of gittorists who are better than me and would gladly relay links to them.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Probably for the same reason I was. It was the second best space themed kids show on the telly. (The best was Space Patrol)

For those who don't remember it, it was a half hour program. Here is a 4 minute snippet to remind you:

Hmmm. Thanks, Rubecula - Interesting stuff! "Men from Earth, Mars and Venus live and work here, as guardians of peace..."

Can't say I remember this series but I'll certainly ask Mr. Google for more information.

See, in the 1960's, us renegades in "Eire" used to poach TV from Norn Arn, using aerials as big as garden sheds. The Norn Arsh authorities would filter out material suitable for broadcast to GB but unsuitable for Norn Arn (reminder to self: don't make political or religious comment) so maybe Space Patrol wasn't considered appropriate or maybe it was on during conker season.

I just love the mistakes, the wrong assumptions and the primitive effects in early sci-fi. I also have a collection of old maps, again because I find the errors fascinating. And I can listen to Les Dawson playing piano for hours. Am I alone in this interest in "wrongness"?

No Brens I am sure you are not. :)

Fierce quite inside in here lately, saw tiz!

Well, I've been busy discussing serious technical matters with the lads in 'sailing and boating' so what's your excuse? And I don't want any 'oul guff from yiz about the dog ate your homework or your Mammy went hupta Dublin and you had to mind the house.

Have yiz had a chance to watch any of the Edinburgh Festival? Tim Vine / best joke: "I've decided to sell my Hoover … well, it was just collecting dust."
    Or my favourite, Steven Wright: "If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Fierce quite inside in here lately, saw tiz!

Well, I've been busy discussing serious technical matters with the lads in 'Bailing and Soaking' so what's your excuse? And I don't want any 'oul guff from yiz about the dog ate your homework or your Mammy went hupta Dublin and you had to mind the house.

Have yiz had a chance to watch any of the Edinburgh Festival? Tim Vine / best joke: "I've decided to sell my Hoover … well, it was just collecting dust."
    Or my favourite, Steven Wright: "If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Fixed yer post. :pac:
    It was the budgie, not the dog. (It is a very big and hungry Budgie, ate a cow that it had caught yesterday :eek: )
    No never watch it. Nice one liners though. :pac:

Now I must away to my hibernation chair :D

Maybe these skilled musicians, moonlighting from their day jobs and not taking themselves too seriously, will dispel the "unseasonal weather blues".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18aK9HhNSM

• Advertisement

Fixed yer post. :pac:
    It was the budgie, not the dog. (It is a very big and hungry Budgie, ate a cow :D

Well, budgies are nearly parrots(?) so, did I ever tell you about by buddy's parrot / macaw? His normal spot was in the hallway, where he had a good view of the ground floor and front garden, But he had a disturbed sleep pattern and often woke during the night, got bored and started "doing" the telephone ringtone. Great pair of lungs on him so the whole house was roused to answer the phone. These were the days before changeable ringtones, multiple extensions or mobiles so a mad run downstairs was required. My buddy had to gather a collection of phones and swap them regularly to fool the parrot and get a night's sleep.

His other polite party trick was, when somebody knocked on the front door, he would shout "there's no-one in" in a south Dublin accent. He would repeat this a few times and then....."I told you......there's no-one in".

When he got to know you, he would greet you with "not you again". And when visitors were leaving, he would say...."and don't come back", to which most guests would respond "what???" and he would reply "you heard".

I know that this says more about my buddy than the parrot but this pair will have a chapter to themselves in my memoirs, available soon from all good bookshops.

.....I know that this says more about my buddy than the parrot but this pair will have a chapter to themselves in my memoirs, available soon from all good bookshops.

After all those insults I expect they will also have the house to themselves! :D

Anyone got any nice sweeties to share around?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sure aren't we all sweeties, Rube? :-)

Very quiet in here isn't it...
    Maybe we should have a party
    I'll bring some nibbles and we all know where there is plenty of drink!

AS long as Matron doesn't mind you girls doing pole dancing and us boys wolf whistling at you.

Even my mind is boggling at the thought of me doing pole dancing! I could waggle all the way down to the bottom, while hanging onto the pole (hopefully a good looking one) but the chances of getting back up again are nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Party??? Did someone mention a party???

Count me in, I'll nip down to the cellar and dust off some bottles :D

I will nip down with Hen and dust off her lol

It should be busier in here, 'cuz there's nawthin' on the tellybox. We stepped away from the thing tonight, a look of 'what did we do before telly' on our faces. I think I'll pop into the toyshop tomorrow and buy up all their board games, or a few jigsaw puzzle's's, I might even buy the jigsaw with the pitcher of baked beans, nawthin' else but baked beans. Beans......that reminds me of a song.....now how does it go....

Beans, beans, beans, beans,
    The navy gets the gravy
    And the army gets the
    Beans, beans, beans, beans.

That's all I know.

I know a much ruder one about beans but in my reyfiened position as mod I will not repeat it as I might have to card myself...

• Advertisement

:D::D:D

"Ooh you are awful, but I like you" ;)

looksee wrote: »
    I know a much ruder one about beans but in my reyfiened position as mod I will not repeat it as I might have to card myself...

I only know the nice versions of songs. You lot are just plain bold.

It's the drink Jellybaby!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I know award-winning poledancers. I'm not adding to the conversation, I'm just bragging.
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Well if we can get our hands on some good looking Poles do you think your friends will come in here and give a few lessons??????:p:p

I suppose Lap dancing is out too. At this time of year they are herding their reindeers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

[IMG][/img]15075305362_d6785d1a45_c.jpg_MG_4858 by John TheProp, on Flickr

Met some of the brothers while I was tromping over the hills.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I feel another song coming on.....

High on a hill was a lonely goat herd
    Lay he odle, Lay he odle, Laaaay!

Sound like a 'rock' song that :)

• Advertisement

Sorry about absence lately - I was chemoed last week....good and proper.

However, I have been investigating cerebral matters and, on your behalf, I've identified a new, must-use word which, when thrown into an otherwise nonsensical sentence, makes you sound all ethereal and lyrical. By using this word, you too can join the ranks of airheads celebrities on late night arts shows and professional gossip mongers.

Now, I know that yiz learned a meaning for this word in school but now, thanks to celeb gossip columnists and their clones, it has a completely new meaning. Gone is "ossum" and "lidd'rilly" - these words are soooooo todally 2013 - and the new word is......."surreal". Anything, and I do mean anything, that is even infinitesimally different from normal is automatically "surreal". For instance, "when the bus came, I could see another bus coming. It was surreal." Or, "it rained in town but the roads are dry here. It's surreal."

You don't need to know anything about Andre Breton anymore but, if you did, THAT would be surreal. And, by way of ensuring that you remain up-to-date, next month, "surreal" will have to be preceded by "soooo".

So, install some facial jewellry, pronounce Cork as "Corirk"; work as "werk", photo as "faytay"; throw "go figure" in, whenever possible, etc. and yiz can yabber with the in-crowd without sounding like an old f@rt. Todally werked for me.

You're welcome.

Sent from my cool for a month handheld whizzbang N+1 surreal iPad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement