Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

paddy147 wrote: »
    Greyhound failed to collect my bins twice thanks to their fcuk up,they leave the bins halfway down the street (when they can be bothered to collect them).

I gave Greyhound the boot.

Myself and my girlfriend have an allotement,so I use a fair bit of my food waste for compsiting,and myself and my girlfried recycle alot and go the recyling centre on a regular basis to LEGALLY dispose of any other household waste.

Oxigen Recycling are actually cheaper for a van load than Dublin City Council.16 euro per van.

It saves me money

You're still paying for it, a service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well, hopefully, they disposed of it in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.

Do you drive or recycle to it?

So will paying the Household charge on time.

Answer to you is as follows......

YES

YES Dublin City and Oxigen are fully licenced.....(she drives all of 1 mile down the road to recycling centre,usually when going to do the shopping in supermarket)

NO (wont be paying at all).

Thanks.

gurramok wrote: »
    You're still paying for it, a service.

No **** sherlock.:rolleyes:

Cheaper rate and the way I compost things and recycle and do my household waste,I save money.

If you actually read what I posted (when will people ever read propperly???)

"It saves me money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The anti-household charge people still have time to put €50 on Long Run at 2/1. Come 3.30pm you'll have your charge paid for the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Greyhound failed to collect my bins twice thanks to their fcuk up,they leave the bins halfway down the street (when they can be bothered to collect them).

I gave Greyhound the boot.

Myself and my girlfriend have an allotement,so I use a fair bit of my food waste for compsiting,and myself and my girlfried recycle alot and go the recyling centre on a regular basis to LEGALLY dispose of any other household waste.

Oxigen Recycling are actually cheaper for a van load than Dublin City Council.16 euro per van.

It saves me money

It would be better for the government to be in charge of your waste. Obviously your not up for the task yourself.

• Advertisement

No **** sherlock.:rolleyes:

If you actually read what I posted (when will people ever read propperly???)

"It saves me money"

And so will paying the household charge on time. Funny how you pay the bin charges in whatever form since they stopped becoming free but yet will not pay for other essential services.

As you are opposed to "additional taxes" in your lingo, you would have not been paying any bin charges since their introduction a few years ago.

The anti-household charge people still have time to put €50 on Long Run at 2/1. Come 3.30pm you'll have your charge paid for the next 12 months.

And I still wouldnt pay it though.

And so will paying the household charge on time. Funny how you pay the bin charges in whatever form since they stopped becoming free but yet will not pay for other essential services.

As you are opposed to "additional taxes" in your lingo, you would have not been paying any bin charges since their introduction a few years ago.

Yep Oxigen is a public/state owned company,isnt it??Eh NO

I save money doing things my way.I dont dump waste illegaly (which I see increasing though,down laneways and streets)

I dropped Greyhond like that,bacause of several reasons (some of which I mentioned above).

Now to me,more money in my back pocket is good for me.:)

Charity begins at home...as the saying goes.

PS=-Show me one goverment politician that is a role model and who isnt dodgey in any way???

Maybe if they all did things proppely and didnt break rule after rule,and blow millions upon millions of euro of tax payers money,then the people of this country might have some respect for them.

Im off to the recycling centre now to drop off some bags of rubbish and glass bottles and jars.

Regards.

Hold on here, you have no problem paying to have your waste collected but will not pay for other essential public services? That's hypocrisy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=373726&postcount=19
    Haven't they managed for nearly 20 years covering the cost of waste disposal thru all the taxes we pay ?

btw u mention selfish ppl....the overwhelming majority of waste produced in this country is produced by industry, big business and large-scale agriculture while only a small fraction is produced by domestic householders, the paye workers pay most tax yet pollute the least.

Yep Oxigen is a public/state owned company,isnt it??Eh NO

You're still paying bin charges, lack of principles.
    Charity begins at home...as the saying goes.

Mé féinism? How about thinking about not turning your country into Greece?
    PS=-Show me one goverment policician that is a role model and who isnt dodgey in any way???

Maybe if they all did things proppely and didnt break rule after rule,the people of this country might have some respect for them.

We elected them only last year, alot of respect there.

• Advertisement

Mconigol. Ha, you had to search hard. You forgot to mention income tax rates plummeted in the last 10 years, do you expect our income tax rates to rise to compensate?

You decide which pain you feel is best, income tax rises or the household charge.

You're still paying bin charges, lack of principles.

Mé féinism? How about thinking about not turning your country into Greece?

We elected them only last year, alot of respect there.

Do people EVER READ what is posted.:confused::rolleyes:

How many times do I have to say/explain this to you???????

Of course Im paying a fee,but its alot cheper than what I would be paying with Greyhound.

I compost a fair bit of my food waste (when on the allotment sewing fruit and veg) and I recycle alot of stuff too.I am saving money with my ways of doing things

Can you understand that????

Greyhound are upping the fees by 15% very soon too.Just incase anyone doesnt know of this,its happening.:mad:

And you will be still paying a bin lift charge when you yourself decide to pay the 100 euro household charge.

Please read what I post and try to understand it.

My way is more money in my pocket,and to me thats a good thing.Now if you dont like my way and how I do things,than thats not my problem.

Thanks.

PS.I forgot,its all my fault again (yet I was not to blame,just before Christmass)

You sound like Enda with your comments about it being my fault and me turning the country into Greece.

FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

We can stick your losses onto the states tag, along with the other gamblers, if it fails.

Mconigol. Ha, you had to search hard. You forgot to mention income tax rates plummeted in the last 10 years, do you expect our income tax rates to rise to compensate?

You decide which pain you feel is best, income tax rises or the household charge.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=707363&postcount=19
    Quote:
    "Transmission by a telecommunications system" covers 'download over the Internet'. Therefore downloading a copy of a copywrite protected sound recording from the Internet without first obtaining a license from the copyright holder (author/artist) is an infringement of copyright under Irish law and hence ILLEGAL.
    I guess they should arrest me then ? !
    This country is great at making laws that are not enforced.
    I guess they better get cells ready for all those boards users

Proof has to be obtained that the mp3's in question you download from internet are indeed backups of cd's you own.

It's still a grey area, that recent legislation does not define in the strictest terms where it is absolutely illegal to download.
    They would have to monitor who does download, obtain info from isp, get a warrant to search your property and then obtain proof that the material is owned in cd/tape form in the first place.

This has not happened yet because of the sheer numbers of people that would have to be investigated and the isp's obstruction to giving out personal info about users (Re: Verizon and numerous isp's in usa)
    Even the RIAA in america has publicly stated that they are after the uploaders and software NOT the downloaders themselves.
    Only prosecutions that have taken place worldwide are those that sell for profit on a big scale.
    Basically the whole mp3 download argument boils down to labels vs consumers.

Quote:
    an article specifically designed or adapted for making copies of that work, knowing or having reason to believe that it has been or is to be used to make infringing copies. (Legally, this is a perfectly adequate description of the software in question)
    Errr, the likes of P2P programs like I HAVEN'T READ THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM don't make copies of the offending material. Its software like that are the offending software used to make infringing copies.
    Heck even windows makes copies of mp3's in file format, sure bill gates will have to be prosecuted then

Quote:
    A person infringes the copyright in a work where he or she, without the license of the copyright owner...
    This is the part where I HAVEN'T READ THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM *might* apply as its still a grey area as Dutch court recently ruled it was legal.
    Does this law about downloaders include those recordings whose 30 year copyright protection has expired ?
    How would a downloader know if an oldies song is in fact a violation of this law ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73457191&postcount=11
    mconigol wrote:
    What about all the budgets? All the tax increases etc...legal then?

mikom wrote: »
    "Do as I say...........not as I do"

Not surprising really.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Am Chile wrote: »
    Hi Freddie which councilers are they and what part of waterford are they going door to door?

So councilers paid by the taxpayer are going door to door telling people not to pay which is a disgrace.This house tax is supposedly going to local services which will presumably be slashed
    (I hope this includes their pay also although I doubt it..)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69837227
    mconigol wrote:
    On the other hand poisoning and lacing of carcasses with strychnine is a crime and people who do such things should be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Re: Broadcast charge
    mconigol wrote:
    It's more important that the staff RTE get this money instead of local businesses. RTE generates much employment around the country don't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You seem to be on a big defensive there, mr law abiding citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Annabella1 wrote: »
    So councilers paid by the taxpayer are going door to door telling people not to pay which is a disgrace.This house tax is supposedly going to local services which will presumably be slashed
    (I hope this includes their pay also although I doubt it..)
    There was one councillor going door to door in an exempted estate advising residents that it was an exempted estate and they could register to apply for a waiver.

Nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mconigol wrote: »
    Not surprising really.

For goodness sake,
    I've got the hypocrite shake.
    I've got the shake,
    oh the hypocrite shake.

Oo I can't keep still
    with the hypocrite shake.
    I get my fill
    with that hypocrite shake.
    Oo my babe,
    auw the hypocrite shake.

Well now you shake it to the left,
    you shake it to the right.
    Do the hypocrite shake
    with all of your might.

dvpower wrote: »
    There was one councillor going door to door in an exempted estate advising residents that it was an exempted estate and they could register to apply for a waiver.

Nothing to see here.

Except increased registration numbers to pad things out...........

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You seem to be on a big defensive there, mr law abiding citizen.

Do we have to search through all your post history too? Relevant material here which is off topic,http://siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/21695-radical-copyright-law-refor This has nothing to do with the household charge.

I responded with tax related posts to show some other tax related laws are not liked by the no side.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

Hi Everyone

I'm gonna have tartar sauce with my Red Herring

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

operation "scare the bejeus out of the public" kicks into high gear today with the bloke charged with collecting this doing a media blitz on the various radio stations.

its highly amusing !

:D

I also wonder if these leaflets will be printed in Irish aswell as English.

Thats if the leaflets ever get printed and put through letterboxes on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oooh that reminds me.

story on the front page of the mail says the company charged with printing them has gone bust with circa 900k of them not done.

certainly explains why neither myself nor anyone i know has gotten one !

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I don't have mains water, mains sewage, roads around here are awful, the 3 houses nearest to us put their sewage and waste water straight into the Slaney. Do I live in an isolated area? No, in Killurin, 6 miles from Wexford. So why should I pay the charge?

oooh that reminds me.

story on the front page of the mail says the company charged with printing them has gone bust with circa 900k of them not done.

certainly explains why neither myself nor anyone i know has gotten one !

Vincent Brown and his guests took the absolute pi55 out of the Fine Gael Minister last night over this.

She was made a laughing stock by Brown and Mick Wallace over the company going tits up and the leaflet/household charge fiasco.

Brown asked yer woman if the Fine Gael backbench TDs were all going to leg it over to the opposition side now.

She didnt know what to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,488 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Vincent Brown and his guests took the absolute pi55 out of the Fine Gael Minister last night over this.

She was made a laughing stock by Brown and Mick Wallace over the company going tits up and the leaflet/household charge fiasco.

Brown asked yer woman if the Fine Gael backbench TDs were all going to leg it over to the opposition side now.

She didnt know what to say.

Also very interesting to watch the style of the F.G. women on t.v.
    Not a hair out of place and outfits worth thousands.
    Meanwhile poor old Joan and Clare dress more in line with the commoner.
    F.G. always stood by the rich I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement