Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Same ole, same ole rubbish being spouted.

indeed so.
    And what about our Masters ? Have you written to them ?
    Mea culpa:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gurramok wrote: »

I think you will find they are the exempt people.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mconigol wrote: »
    Guys stop feeding the trolls. I think most should recognise those 3 or 4 posters by now.
    But then it'll just be me, black francis, dvpower and gurramok chatting amongst ourselves ;)
    I think you will find they are the exempt people.
    [Citation Needed]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dvpower wrote: »
    People who ring up the processing centre in order to abuse the staff are low life.
    I'd draw you a venn diagram, but I don't think it would help.

A few of those staff seem to be rather clueless and unhelpfull though.

I witnissed an elderly lady with a walking frame (easily in her 70s,possibly 80s) trying to pay the household charge with cash,at a regional city council office on Wednesday.

The staff member says "sorry,you cant pay cash here,you will have to go into town to pay in cash".

The lady asked where should she go.

The chap at the desk says..."you will have to go into the council office in town.

Thats it and back to reading his newspaper and drinking his tea.

Thats very helpfull isnt it???:rolleyes:

The lady was left there totally bemused.

Theres alot of council offices in dublin city/town,and town is a big place to try and cover,even for a fit,able boddied person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

paddy147 wrote: »
    A few those staff seem to be rather clueless though.
    Well its ok to ring them up and abuse them so.:mad:
    ffs

• Advertisement

There is no excuse to be ringing up public servants like this and dishing out abuse to them. If people want to compain, they should take their complaints to the politicians who introduced the tax, not the public servants who are just trying to do a job.

Its a disgrace that people would be targeting them. But I'm not surprised by the kind of lowlife that do it or support it .

Just more propaganda to put down the opposition. Dirty tricks and F.G. are synonymous.

Well its ok to ring them up and abuse them so.:mad:
    ffs

That lady in question didnt abuse the man on the desk though.

Oh and if you are going to quote me,then try actually quoting all that I say and post and not just what you want to make of it.

Quote my entire post

mconigol wrote: »
    Guys stop feeding the trolls. I think most should recognise those 3 or 4 posters by now.

But its great fun riling them.:D

That lady in question didnt abuse the man on the desk though.
    Well. Its an interesting anecdote then. What point are you trying to make in relation to abusing staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just you?

Longer opening hours equals more profit in this case as the staff are not extra staff hired. My local recycling too has extended hours and is now accepting general household waste for a charge, thats an extra bit of money for the council plus its suits those who cannot deliver waste during normal office hours.

Most of the rubbish people bring to the centre is free so opening extra hours isn't really gonna generate more profit. Not many people can visit during normal hours... Would make more sense to stay closed during the morning and open from 2pm-8pm each day or stay closed for Mon/Tue and open Sat/Sun. There's loads of ways they could run it more efficiently, like they could run the rest of the country but they don't hence they need to slap on more taxes to pay for the waste....

• Advertisement

Trolling the trolls, eh?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ah please enlighten me. What services ?

Have you even read what the charge is about?!

" fire and emergency services; maintenance and cleaning of streets; planning and development; public parks; street lighting; libraries; open spaces and leisure amenities."
    mconigol wrote:

Usually when someone trots out that line, they've lost the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

True, but the "you have to pay because it's the rule" argument wore thin a long time ago.

No comprehension of what a poorly planned piece of law this is.

As I've said before, the government should be honest and clear about their plans. Not implement a far reaching policy and just say they'll figure out the details later.

Just more propaganda to put down the opposition. Dirty tricks and F.G. are synonymous.
    It was a public servant, not a politiican who made the allegation. Are you saying he's lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

People who ring up the processing centre in order to abuse the staff are low life.
    I'd draw you a venn diagram, but I don't think it would help.

You used the words "support it" in the relevant post. So before you start drawing diagrams, a grasp of the basics first.

Well. Its an interesting anecdote then. What point are you trying to make in relation to abusing staff?

Some staff are clueless and dont have to ability or knowladge of the situation to actually help out people.

People (in their human nature) will sometimes become fustrated and annoyed when they ring or go in person up to seek advice and cannot get the advice that they seek.And all because the person behind the desk cannot do their job propperly or advize propperly.

The staff members are supposed to be fully up to date and trained on these matters,but its clear that a good few of them are not able to do their jobs effectively and have not been trained up propperly..

unklerosco wrote: »
    Most of the rubbish people bring to the centre is free so opening extra hours isn't really gonna generate more profit. Not many people can visit during normal hours... Would make more sense to stay closed during the morning and open from 2pm-8pm each day or stay closed for Mon/Tue and open Sat/Sun. There's loads of ways they could run it more efficiently, like they could run the rest of the country but they don't hence they need to slap on more taxes to pay for the waste....

You can bring your domestic waste now, you couldn't do it before. http://dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=4
    Dublin City Council are pleased to announce that bagged household domestic waste will be accepted at Ringsend Recycling Centre and Northstrand Recycling Centre as and from Monday 26th September. There will be a charge of €4 for each 80 litre bag of domestic waste disposed.

Taxes for the waste, whats wrong with that? Expect it to be free? This ain't communist North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

seamus wrote: »
    But then it'll just be me, black francis, dvpower and gurramok chatting amongst ourselves ;)

[Citation Needed]

Actually wasn't referring to you!

Not yet anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

big no to the op ;)

It was a public servant, not a politiican who made the allegation. Are you saying he's lying?

I'd say it suits some people to say things like that. Designed to make the elderly think " well i don't want to be part of that kind of campaign, i better pay in case i'm associated with people like that ".
    This kind of thing is not new.

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You used the words "support it" in the relevant post. So before you start drawing diagrams, a grasp of the basics first.
    whatcha on about?

You can bring your domestic waste now, you couldn't do it before. http://dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=4

Taxes for the waste, whats wrong with that? Expect it to be free? This ain't communist North Korea.

2 euro for a large back bag of household waste.:)

Or 20 euro for a large van full of waste

Bye bye Greyhound.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

whatcha on about?

Forget it. Just draw us all a picture.

Some staff are clueless and dont have to ability or knowladge of the situation to actually help out people.

People (in their human nature) will sometimes become fustrated and annoyed when they ring or go in person up to seek advice and cannot get the advice that they seek.And all because the person behind the desk cannot do their job propperly or advize propperly.

The staff members are supposed to be fully up to date and trained on these matters,but its clear that a good few of them are not able to do their jobs effectively and have not been trained up propperly..
    So you think it is OK to abuse staff then?
    Move into to the small circle in that venn diagram.

So you think it is OK to abuse staff then?
    Move into to the small circle in that venn diagram.

Oh sweet lord jesus christ.:rolleyes:

Will you actually read what people POST and not what you want them to post,just to feed your ego.

READ what I posted and dont make things up in your head.

2 euro for a large back bag of household waste.:)

Or 20 euro for a large van full of waste

Bye bye Greyhound.:D

Hold on here, you have no problem paying to have your waste collected but will not pay for other essential public services? That's hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Do you expect to get your services for free? Freeloading is not nice.
    Ah please enlighten me. What services ?

This is what I'd like to know. If I pay my tax in cork what will it be spent on?
    They don't supply my water, bins, no public lighting, the last time they re surfaced the road I was still in primary school. Just what services will this pay for?

The one thing that really bothers me is that they are effectively claiming a right over your property. Ie you can sell it until you pay it. That to me is a claim in a persons property.

Why don't they tackle the waste in the public sector. I pay tax on my wages, fuel, goods, services, car tax and they still can't sort it out.

It's fairly obvious that this charge will continue to rise as does every other charge that the government has come up with.

Rant over

Hold on here, you have no problem paying to have your waste collected but will not pay for other essential public services? That's hypocrisy.

Greyhound failed to collect my bins twice thanks to their fcuk up,they leave the bins halfway down the street (when they can be bothered to collect them).

I gave Greyhound the boot.

Myself and my girlfriend have an allotement,so I use a fair bit of my food waste for compsiting,and myself and my girlfried recycle alot and go the recyling centre on a regular basis to LEGALLY dispose of any other household waste.

Oxigen Recycling are actually cheaper for a van load than Dublin City Council.16 euro per van.

It saves me money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I gave Greyhound the boot.

Well, hopefully, they disposed of it in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.

myself and my girlfried recycle alot and go the recyling centre on a regular basis to LEGALLY dispose of any other household waste..

Do you drive or recycle to it?

It saves me money

So will paying the Household charge on time.

• Advertisement

Well, hopefully, they disposed of it in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.

Do you drive or recycle to it?

So will paying the Household charge on time.

Answer to you is as follows....

YES

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement