Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

LizT wrote: »
    JIMGOOSE ISN'T EVEN YOUR SON!!

Thats it I'm ringing Jeremy Kyle.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system! :D

bloody peasents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

danniemcq wrote: »
    bloody peasents

Eff u danniemcq - give us our thread title back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

gramar wrote: »
    Eff u danniemcq - give us our thread title back!

If he just added 'Part 3', he can leave the rest. He's first on the hit list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Right, that's it...

Mod
    danniemcq is still awesome.

As you were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Part D? What the hell is going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Part what? D??

Part D? What the hell is going on here?

dannie's on the crack again. I've warned him but he won't listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

LizT loves the D.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Part what? D??

Instead of part 4, we're now on part D. Blasphemy!! *shakes fist at Dannie* :mad:

• Advertisement

I hate this thread :(

Need a TTTAY3. I am having major withdrawal here :(

I'll start shoutiung my bus moans from the roof...grabs megaphone :pac:

wazky wrote: »
    LizT loves the D.....

:eek:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Part what? D??

d for dastardly danniemcq it would seem.

:eek:

Or was it that Dannie wrote it?, either way someone does.

wazky wrote: »
    Or was it that Dannie wrote it?, either way someone does.

It was dannie. Which explains a lot really.

It was dannie. Which explains a lot really.

All is revealed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Look if nobody is happy with 4 or D then surely we can compromise and settle on "IV"? :)

We're not a vindictive or spiteful bunch right? right? :pac:

*runs*

dannie's on the crack again. I've warned him but he won't listen.

Whose crack are ye sniffing dannie?

Look if nobody is happy with 4 or D then surely we can compromise and settle on "IV"? :)

We're not a vindictive or spiteful bunch right? right? :pac:

*runs*

intra-venus?

1. Trivial things that annoy you Part 4
    2. Trivial things that annoy you (eg. danniemcq)
    3. Trivial things that annoy you part D

I can't handle this. I can't. I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*wanders off into the horizon crying*

• Advertisement

And LizT saves the day. Happy with the thread title now?

And LizT saves the day. Happy with the thread title now?

no

danniemcq wrote: »
    no

Sorry dannie, i'll make it up to you I swear

OMFG STOP EDITING MY POSTS DANNIE!!! :mad:

OMFG STOP EDITING MY POSTS DANNIE!!! :mad:

who me?

sure i'm all innocent and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

All's right with the world now. :):) back to being trivially annoyed!

being sweaty and not having a decent reason for it. ;)

damn weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People using the term "strawman" when they clearly have no idea of its correct context.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People using the term "strawman" when they clearly have no idea of its correct context.

Not going to bullshit you... I had to Google it myself just there! :P Can't say I've ever used the term before though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not going to bullshit you... I had to Google it myself just there! :P Can't say I've ever used the term before though!

I've seen it used more in the last 2 weeks than my previous 23 and a half years alive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

It was way more fun when the title said 4.

:mad:

Dial Hard wrote: »

Same goes for the use of "disingenuous" - oh feck off. It's wah wah wah land - everybody's disingenuous!

whirlpool wrote: »
    It was way more fun when the title said 4.

:mad:

Some people are never happy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Nitpickers. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Here, I thought Boom_Bap was Pop-mod around hereabouts? Is he more of an eccentric uncle??
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    If you can't spot the eccentric uncle in the room... :p

I'm the crazy drunk uncle who's not really an uncle, who's been friends with the father for years and by proxy friends with the mother, invited to all family events and social gatherings, always solo apart from that one time I arrived with a lady of the evening and was getting value for my money at the bar with the lady. The 'uncle' that leers over the mother and is always around the house when the father isn't there. The uncle that always will give you a drop of what I'm drinking and will always not notice you doing bold things like stealing cigarettes and magnifying ants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm the crazy drunk uncle who's not really an uncle, who's been friends with the father for years and by proxy friends with the mother, invited to all family events and social gatherings, always solo apart from that one time I arrived with a lady of the evening and was getting value for my money at the bar with the lady. The 'uncle' that leers over the mother and is always around the house when the father isn't there. The uncle that always will give you a drop of what I'm drinking and will always not notice you doing bold things like stealing cigarettes and magnifying ants.

Yes, by your actions I know thee. You are Homer to Maud Flanders' magnificent cleavage. Mmmmmmm...aaaaagggghhhh..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yes, by your actions I know thee. You are Homer to Maud Flanders' magnificent cleavage. Mmmmmmm...aaaaagggghhhh..... :pac:

To use a quote from Homer that is kind of out of context

"Stupid Sexy Flanders" :cool:

Love the new thread title, I feel all happy, oh no wait...can't have that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Jesus, there was enough sycophantic circle jerking among the "regulars" in the previous thread, this one has started terribly.

Back to your trivially annoying shit that people can relate to please.

[/End trivially annoyed]

dub_skav wrote: »
    Jesus, there was enough sycophantic circle jerking among the "regulars" in the previous thread, this one has started terribly.

Back to your trivially annoying shit that people can relate to please.

[/End trivially annoyed]

Be chillin', honky - we're basking in the afterglow. :cool:

Let's say it again... US DATE FORMAT :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Well thank jebus this thread slowed down or we would have been on TTTAY 4(D) by tomorrow afternoon.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well thank jebus this thread slowed down or we would have been on TTTAY 4(D) by tomorrow afternoon.

The fact that the thread slowed down... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I saw a photo today of a huge rat in a vending machine eating a packet of biscuits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, I will never purchase anything from a vending machine, EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I saw a photo today of a huge rat in a vending machine eating a packet of biscuits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, I will never purchase anything from a vending machine, EVER.

It's really saying something about hospital food when the rats would rather go to the vending machine than eat out of the kitchen! :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's really saying something about hospital food when the rats would rather go to the vending machine than eat out of the kitchen! :D

The vegetarian option in hospital is actually ok, better than the meat/fish options, then again it's hard to get veggie food wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

1. Not using indicators - seriously, do folk just think they're decorative items so they can add an extra €1 to the purchase price?

2. Folk - mostly women - stopping just inside / outside the door for a proper gossipy chat, taking up 95% of the door frame! and shooting everyone trying to navigate through the blockade a nasty look

3. My neighbours sound bar - which my OH helped him fix to the wall

4. The other neighbours constant smoking of the green herb, day in, day out - I've been at work all day while you've been sitting on your arse; all I want is to be able to sit outside for an hour without getting a headache off your fumes

5. OHs friends who can't be arsed learning English yet turn up wanting to fill in forms or re-do their CV... Seriously if you've lived in Ireland for five years and speak five words of English, any employer with cop n s going to recognise you're lacking in the motivation department

6. My boss telling me there's no money for a €2,000 pay rise and the next day asking me to book him €5,000 trip to the F1

7. The boss saying to me at 7 on a Friday night "Hope you're not running off early, I've got something I'd like you to do"... EARLY?!?!? My hours are 8.30-5pm, I'm in most mornings at 8, have taken three lunch breaks in two years, and I rarely walk out the door before 6pm!

8. My MIL giving out to my OH if any of his family's birthday cards are late to arrive... Not because they're interested in the thoughtful messages I write but because she's looking for the €40 I always enclose

9. My MIL forgetting my birthday, even though it's the same day as hers

10. Being grumpy... It's not like me but I am today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That new west coast cooler ad, if I hear that one say "we're not in kansas anymore toto" I'm going to throw the TV out the window

jamesbere wrote: »
    That new west coast cooler ad, if I hear that one say "we're not in kansas anymore toto" I'm going to throw the TV out the window

If that group of women is typical of single Irish women, then I really don't blame Irish guys for preferring foreign women :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

When support ask me to look at a problem for a customer urgently because they have ignored it for a month and now the customer is going to escalate it.

Then I give them the answer and then three days later they tell the customer....

When support ask me to look at a problem for a customer urgently because they have ignored it for a month and now the customer is going to escalate it.

Then I give them the answer and then three days later they tell the customer....

Hee-hee-hee!! :):):)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement