Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

season 5 what do expect? (for book readers)

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I just rewatched the scene where Brienne left Kings Landing and I really wondered why they cut Lady Stoneheart. They set it up, even telegraphed it, only to not follow through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Found season 5 hard to watch. Almost to dark burning of children, torture by Ramsey a bit too much. Death of Stannis seemed a complete anti climax. Surely he would be smarter than to walk into a superior force and be annihilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Dob74 wrote: »
    Found season 5 hard to watch. Almost to dark burning of children, torture by Ramsey a bit too much. Death of Stannis seemed a complete anti climax. Surely he would be smarter than to walk into a superior force and be annihilated.

I think what D&D were going for with Stannis was that he had lost everything dear to him so why not go out fighting. Which completely flies in the face of the great military strategist we have in the books. Why they didn't keep the battle of Winterfell for season 6 episode 1 I'll never know. The off screen battle just didn't do it for me, if they were willing to bring Ciarán Hinds back for one episode surely Steven Dillane could've done the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Dob74 wrote: »

I don't think Stannis is dead, they cut away right as Brienne swung her sword so we know nothing for certain in my view.

Hibbeler wrote:
    I don't think Stannis is dead, they cut away right as Brienne swung her sword so we know nothing for certain in my view.

Noticed that too. So when he tells Brienne to do her duty does she realise she should be looking after Sansa and not kill a potential ally Stannis? Show left a lot hanging. So why did the red priestess leave? Is Jon Snow dead. Or going to be bought back to life?

GerB40 wrote:
    I think what D&D were going for with Stannis was that he had lost everything dear to him so why not go out fighting. Which completely flies in the face of the great military strategist we have in the books. Why they didn't keep the battle of Winterfell for season 6 episode 1 I'll never know. The off screen battle just didn't do it for me, if they were willing to bring Ciarán Hinds back for one episode surely Steven Dillane could've done the same...

Would have been better to leave it til season 6. There was no mention of any northern houses rallying to Stannis like in the books. It also didn't show him die. So does Stannis live? The whole Stannis thing just seemed very rushed.

Advertisement