Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

While working today I was silently going "bo-bo-bo" and if I would go somewhere I would increase the rapidness of "bo-bo-bo"! :D I am such a dork, I know, FU!!! I am happy!!! :D

Now drove home. I was driving so gentle that i only heard dump valve go of just a few times. My ears were busy having sex with boxer engine sound. They should record that stuff on CDs and sell it as music!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

While working today I was silently going "bo-bo-bo" and if I would go somewhere I would increase the rapidness of "bo-bo-bo"! :D I am such a dork, I know, FU!!! I am happy!!! :D

Now drove home. I was driving so gentle that i only heard dump valve go of just a few times. My ears were busy having sex with boxer engine sound. They should record that stuff on CDs and sell it as music!!!! :D

There's few feelings in life as good as the feelings you are having right now! I'm jealous! But best of luck with the car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

dgt wrote: »
    My lady decided to call it a day yesterday evening. The worst, gutting, sinking feeling I had experienced in ages. My mind still isn't straight yet! I was fairly angry at the whole thing, but ended up waking up at 5.30 this morning bawling my head off. How pathetic of me eh :rolleyes:

Awwwwwww big hug from meeeee xxxxxxx

It gets better honestly it really does :):):):):)
    pred racer wrote: »
    wheras decent fellas are everywhere:D

Yeah outside of Dublin perhaps :P
    Marcusm wrote: »
    Have you gone for Dougal this time?

No total opposite he is a petrol head thank God!
    Except for those couple of dodgy fellas that is:D

Yeah there is always one dodgy one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Look out for Fiona > Mrs. McGuire :P

Look out for Fiona > Mrs. McGuire :P

Nah it will be Mrs G :D:D:D:D:D

Actually no there will no weddings ever again!!!!

Back on topic ya brats....

Sooooooooooooooooooooo I got my car serviced by the Nissan Doc yesterday, has to go back next week for diff seals and rocker cover gasket BMW didn't have them in stock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Cheers people, I find comfort talking about it :)

A confusing, maddening and saddening situation... Many tears shed though :(

The only thing keeping interest in reserves now is a driving course and the pnco course I'm on. Yep, I'm one of those people :p but I won't be able to look at her in the same way I used to! :(

Still tramping around the city, currently around Ballsbridge. This is giving me time to clear my head :)

Fear not people, the sop sop will stop soon enough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Look on the bright side dgt with all the money you'll now save you can start looking at some fine sports cars to take away the pain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

F*ck her dgt. If you are half as sound in the real world as you are on here, then its her loss.

I have to stop playing the "How-many-times-can-I-make-the-traction-control-system-kick-in-on-the-way-home?" game. Seriously, I am going to die :pac:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    F*ck her dgt. If you are half as sound in the real world as you are on here, then its her loss.

I have to stop playing the "How-many-times-can-I-make-the-traction-control-system-kick-in-on-the-way-home?" game. Seriously, I am going to die :pac:

Finished my Occupational first aid course today, by the way. thats my news of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm now an uncle x4.
    Starting to feel old now, as long as I don't end up with my own soon I guess I'm alright. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm now an uncle x4.
    Starting to feel old now, as long as I don't end up with my own soon I guess I'm alright. :P

Congrats! :)

Cheers people, I find comfort talking about it :)

A confusing, maddening and saddening situation... Many tears shed though :(

The only thing keeping interest in reserves now is a driving course and the pnco course I'm on. Yep, I'm one of those people :p but I won't be able to look at her in the same way I used to! :(

Still tramping around the city, currently around Ballsbridge. This is giving me time to clear my head :)

Fear not people, the sop sop will stop soon enough :D

Mate, After meeting you in person I have to say, Your a genuine, friendy, respectable chap. Things will get better, But if you feel like a chat. Just PM, myself or any other user on this thread. Becouse we are here for ya, if/when you want to talk some more.

And I wouldnt worrie about the sop, sure I cry when I chop an onion. lol

Thanks so much everyone, it means so much to me :)

After today I feel much better. Got talking to many different people with different advice on the situation and I've learned so much today. Really opened my eyes :) most importantly, I learned time heals all. I can't rush that, must learn to slow down in life. Enjoy things once more, time for myself now and again :) I have a very busy lifestyle alone between college, reserves and maintaining the fleet... Other stuff squeezed in too :eek: I never have time to myself, ever, always busy doing something :(

My gut instinct is for her is diminishing bit by bit. She suggested that there might be a future for us in due time when she's ready but I'm not holding my breath. She needs to stand up for what's right, for herself like I did for us on many occasions. She needs to make a decision for her happiness, make her own decisions without any influence from other people... :mad: but I'm not going into the last part... Essentially I can't see anything happening until she moves out of her parents house and gets her own place. I feel that her mind isn't matured enough to deal with a relationship along with juggling work, college and minding siblings. Then I might just consider it if she asks but I'll have to do a lot of thinking about it, I can't have her breaking my heart again. I guess its natural to think like this at this stage :) (only my cars are allowed to break my heart btw :p)

I just need time to adjust and move on. Last time a major break up happened when I was 19, I thought that was it, I'd never meet another one like her etc... Much more gutted. Downed a bottle of whiskey and made an ass of myself in the local pub. All for what? Nothing. Pointless. Now I can't stand the sight of her in public! And when I first met my now ex, she was 1000 times better then everyone else before, fatal attraction from the night we met! So my way of looking at it is if I put enough effort in I'll find someone else, in due time. When I feel ready, I'll be hitting the pubs and clubs, getting back out there once more, find a new drinking buddy etc :)

I hope this is the end to a side of me that I'm sure none of you want to see. I can't guarantee that this will be the last sop sop post in present times but alas, I'll do my best :) I hope to have more posts on the fleet, dismantling stuff and random trips asap :D

It's comforting to know that there are people out there prepared to listen to stuff like this on a daily basis, to try and help others through tough times. I'm so grateful to those people :)

So once again, big thank you to everyones support and I hope to be down on Sunday in a fit state :)

Apologies mods for the very long OT post, but I felt I had to share with all! Writing this was difficult in places but it's all for the good of health :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just go for a hoon in your favourite chariot, playing your favourite metal soundtrack. All will be well then :D.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Just go for a hoon in your favourite chariot, playing your favourite metal soundtrack. All will be well then :D.

+1

And a few tunnel runs! :)

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »

Blasted Led Zeppelin II as I drove home from Dublin earlier. Ramble On has never been so appropriate and soothing to listen to :D

Must get out the Megadeth, Metallica and Judas Priest CDs :pac:

Blasted Led Zeppelin II as I drove home from Dublin earlier. Ramble On has never been so appropriate and soothing to listen to :D

Must get out the Megadeth, Metallica and Judas Priest CDs :pac:

This is what you really want....

This is what you really want..

Naw... Something like this... :P

;)

Let it all out dgt.
    Too many people end up on the end of a rope in this country because they are too proud or embarrassed to admit they are going through ****.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »

.... upcoming court case forces sale.
    SMElls of wind up.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

totes legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

pictures are pretty poor too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

conzymaher wrote: »

It does indeed.

What you mean lads? What's wrong with?

What you mean lads? What's wrong with?

Look's like MetzgerMeister's car. I could be totally wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Couldn't be his car... it's not clean enough! Would MM really take pics of the car not valeted!?!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I did tell him to buy a nice italian car......I didnt know he would take me seriously:p

Thats an awful lot of car for 9K, compared to the recent thread from the guy looking at 08 320d's for 22k :-o

166man wrote: »
    Couldn't be his car... it's not clean enough! Would MM really take pics of the car not valeted!?!

I did tell him to buy a nice italian car......I didnt know he would take me seriously:p

I'd say it's someone taking the piss somehow.
    conzymaher

conzymaher

:D:D

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »

Washed and waxed every Saturday

By the look of the pictures, it dosnt look that way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

conzymaher

Damn your spoiler and my mobile browsing!!!

I had to quote it just to find out. :P

dar83 wrote: »
    Damn your spoiler and my mobile browsing!!!

I had to quote it just to find out. :P

Me too, damn Ipad!

Wasnt too hard to figure out tho!

conzymaher

It remind me of when I was in primary school, I was kept in at break by the teacher. So I put her car up for sale in the buy and sell. It was a Toyota, newish at the time. But during class her fone never stoped ringing, It was gas!

Yes lads. it's my number and only 1 picture is actually of my car when I had it lowered :D

This is conzy's attempt at payback for me shaving his eyebrow off recently!

220 views in 1 hour and not 1 phone call :( Should I be disappointed or relieved??

220 views in 1 hour and not 1 phone call :( Should I be disappointed or relieved??

Not enough of a bargain probably

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Let it all out dgt.
    Too many people end up on the end of a rope in this country because they are too proud or embarrassed to admit they are going through ****.

+1 drop us a pm if you ever wanna chat man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Finally picked up my new car during the week. 2004 e46 320d 4dr - Msport, Individual Spec in Le Mans Blue. Just in from England, 112,000 miles (verified) so it has been freshly NCT'd, taxed and is all set for road.

Will throw up a pic at some stage :) Just enjoying it at the moment. Now to sell the 530d :(

Yes lads. it's my number and only 1 picture is actually of my car when I had it lowered :D

I trade you my coffee maker, very very very dark blue socks, scan print of my arse, 2 bottles of bud and rubber duck. Or maybe something in my adds?

• Advertisement

I trade you my coffee maker, very very very dark blue socks, scan print of my arse, 2 bottles of bud and rubber duck. Or maybe something in my adds?

I'll take everything except the rubber duck....I've a court case coming up apparently so having that in my possession would not be a good idea :P

You forgot......."and cash my way":D

Have you any pictures of that!? :pac:

Have you any pictures of that!? :pac:

Yes but I'm not that much of an a**hole to post them :D

Let's just say it was a hitler eyebrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sure the less ginger hair he has the better. You did him a favour there.

Yes but I'm not that much of an a**hole to post them :D

Let's just say it was a hitler eyebrow!

Il have to use my imagination. :p

• Advertisement

That young lad who passed away down in Wexford was a member of the E30 club :(

http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18754

Im sorry to hear that. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Sounds like he really loved BMs; I'm from Gorey initially and 20 years ago this month oe of my classmates fell into and died in Courtown harbour after a night out. At least his 2 friends survived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Met him last year at a charity event. Nice guy, tragedy is all I can say

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I'm also from the area, very sad night altogether :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement