Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You'll pay premium for 28 Day Dry aged beef

Muahahaha wrote: »
    As its 227g its only one steak, two would be 454g which is a pound in old weight AFAIK.
    iirc Aldi had two rib eye steaks on the Super 6 for €9 just two weeks ago so this offer for one for €6 isnt as good but for prime rib eye its still not a bad price. I'm cracking up not stocking my freezer when the last offer was around, when it comes up again I'll be all over it.

They did but it wasn't 28 day dry aged beef

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

et101 wrote: »
    I bought the 1.5kg unsmoked ham last week for €4 and husband and kids all said it was delicious (high praise indeed from my crew!!). Not sure if this weeks ham is the same but defo worth a look

That ham was so good last week I got two more including one that's in the freezer for the xmas Turkey dinner. It was that good.

kn wrote: »
    That ham was so good last week I got two more including one that's in the freezer for the xmas Turkey dinner. It was that good.

I thought it was good too but did you or anyone find that it fell apart? Like as if it was 2 cuts parcelled together, that bugged me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭TheBody

vicwatson wrote: »
    I thought it was good too but did you or anyone find that it fell apart? Like as if it was 2 cuts parcelled together, that bugged me

That's often the case regardless of where you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yes, got 2 over the last fortnight and both fell apart in the pot. Very disappointed as previous fillets (same weight) from Aldi were fine. Should a fillet (as distinct from 'select cuts' )even fall apart?

TheBody wrote: »
    That's often the case regardless of where you buy it.

Not in my experience, only in Aldi has this happended

Yes, got 2 over the last fortnight and both fell apart in the pot. Very disappointed as previous fillets (same weight) from Aldi were fine. Should a fillet (as distinct from 'select cuts' )even fall apart?

I think if they sell it as a Ham Fillet then I presume I'm buying a full (one piece) Fillet of Ham and not pieces of Fillet of Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

No falling apart for mine, was beautiful. Great value.

Have 2 in freezer.

2k just too big for our use, so won't be buying from the new Super 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's this steak, was €4 before which was a serious bargain.

This price not so much, get roughly the same from FXB's

Rp_Fresh_Meats_Beef_PD21_ff8e8ae902.jpg

^^^

Yes it was 4€ beforehand, during the summer if I'm not mistaking. It was fantastic, I think 6€ is a decent price for it. Not everyone lives near FXB's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

we do the ham in the slow cooker, its delish. there was a good bit in the medium one so i assume the large one will be massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭georgem25

whelan2 wrote: »
    we do the ham in the slow cooker, its delish. there was a good bit in the medium one so i assume the large one will be massive

I use my slow cooker too. If its too big I just cut in half and freeze it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I did last weeks ham in the pressure cooker and finished it off in the oven. I don't eat meat but mine all said it was delicious (high praise indeed from my crew!). The €6 one this week is 2kg which is very big but you could always shove some in the freezer. If it's as good as the 1.5kgs it's worth buying I think

what is the-beef- house keepers cut like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,782 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The €4 pack of bog standard Sirloin steaks last week were actually really good for the money, by far the best supermarket steak I've gotten, Tesco and Dunnes are inedible.

They are fine. Got them in Aldi before. What's really good is that the packaging they come in is wrapped around the meat so there is no waste and you can put a couple in freezer without taking up massive space with wasted packaging.

I'd say it be grand cooked slowly and sliced very thinly, grand for roast beef sambos for lunch

wasin aldi there now, no housekeepers cut or ham. Staff member said you have to be there early in the morning to get them and some people are buying 5 or 6 of each:eek: does this offer run for 2 weeks? maybe the demand will ease off next week if so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

wasin aldi there now, no housekeepers cut or ham. Staff member said you have to be there early in the morning to get them and some people are buying 5 or 6 of each:eek: does this offer run for 2 weeks? maybe the demand will ease off next week if so
    some shops get more stock and others like those in the city areas sell out very quickly as they won't have the same size store rooms for stock as other shops.

Yes for two weeks.

Worth asking the manager to put some aside for you. I find the staff sound in aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i got the house keepers cut last time round. surprised how tender it was when cooked for about 2.5 hours i think.

i got the house keepers cut last time round. surprised how tender it was when cooked for about 2.5 hours i think.

I'm useless at cooking beef so please tell me how you did it. Did you roast it in the oven and if so covered or uncovered? I'd like to give it a go but defo need some instructions!! :rolleyes:

et101 wrote: »
    I'm useless at cooking beef so please tell me how you did it. Did you roast it in the oven and if so covered or uncovered? I'd like to give it a go but defo need some instructions!! :rolleyes:

Put it in one of those roasting bags you can buy. Just put the tie around it and pierce the bag with a knife in a few places. Comes out lovely and it leaves less of a mess to clean up in the roasting bag.

prodsc wrote: »
    Super 6 meat offers 20/11 to 3/12
    All €6 per pack/each

Irish pork Loin Joint plain/stuffed 1kg save 99c
    irish Large Ham Fillet 2kg save €2.99
    8 Irish Chicken fillet portions 824g
    28 day dry aged Angus Ribeye/Striploin steak 227g save 99c
    Irish Lamb Chops 470g
    Irish Housekeepers Cut 1kg save €2.99

Super 6 Fruit & veg offers
    Valid 20/11 to 10/12

All 59c

Broccoli 500g save 50c
    Cabbage each save 40c
    Carrot and Parsnip tray save 40c
    Green Apples 8pk save 90c
    Rocha Pears 750g save 90c
    Tomatoes 6pk save 40c
    any idea of the new super 6 meat ?

Aldi love to keep their special offers close to their chest for some reason

I'd say it be grand cooked slowly and sliced very thinly, grand for roast beef sambos for lunch

I cooked one today in the slow cooker. Browned it on a pan put it on a bed of onion and potato and added some water and an oxo cube. Cooked it for about 6 hours then blended the stock and veg into a gravy. My husband and sons said it was "ok"!!! Husband said it was a bit tasteless!! I don't eat meat so I can't give an opinion. I give up :P

Available Thursday 4th Dec - Friday 19th Dec - long one this time, probably do extra special super 6 for week up to Christmas hopefully

Salmon fillets 240g 3euro

Irish boneless pork chops 680g 3euro

Irish Whole chicken 1600g 3euro

Irish Lean round beef mince 400g 3euro

Specially selected Irish rib eye steaks 450g 9euro per pack (I assume 2 steaks)

Specially selected Irish striploin steaks 450g 9 euro per pack (I assume 2 steaks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Haven't seen any decent cheap steak in a long time, I know these are technically cheap but I find a steak always tastes way better when you get it for around €2.50-3 :D

Advertisement